Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1059032

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16975 on: March 08, 2014, 07:19:43 AM
That just isn't right. Those aren't the turtles we know and love.

THE OFFICE - Michael Scott - Where are the turtles? HQ

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #16976 on: March 08, 2014, 07:21:19 AM
Because Michael Bay decided ruining Transformers and Battleship wasn't enough... I hope those toys gets poor reviews.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16977 on: March 08, 2014, 07:25:24 AM
Funny how Mikey, of all people, is wearing chains around his neck.

What the actual [tornado fang].

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16978 on: March 08, 2014, 07:30:27 AM
Because party dudes went by way of the Nineties.  Now we have thugs.

Bleeeeeech.

Everything about this tastes of suck.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16979 on: March 08, 2014, 12:53:50 PM
So I'm like, getting into Pokemon slowly, thanks to my friend. (Well, getting into it AGAIN).

I want now to try play Emerald again, and I want to make a nuzlocke comic because why not (or at least try to). I already know how to make one, and have a general idea of everything but one thing I can't find an answer for is:

Do I just use the first two rules for my run, or should I use all of the rules for my run. But it looks like shitload of trouble, and I think that altough I'm going to keep the "Pokeymen dies rule", for the sake of the comic (and because this is what makes the nuzlockes interesting), AND the rule with catching only one Pokemon in any given area.

However rest of them feel like they would just impede my progress.
Can someone give me a hand here?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16980 on: March 08, 2014, 02:53:52 PM
I can play Lords of Shadow 2 at about 25 FPS and DMC4's benchmark's minimum framerate, on max settings, is 45 FPS. And on Minimum setting, the framerate minimum is 75 FPS. Nice.

Well, I'm a retard. I was benchmarking DMC4 while in Battery Mode.
Max Settings is about 70 FPS MIN and MIN settings is about 95 FPS.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #16981 on: March 08, 2014, 05:21:24 PM
So I'm like, getting into Pokemon slowly, thanks to my friend. (Well, getting into it AGAIN).

I want now to try play Emerald again, and I want to make a nuzlocke comic because why not (or at least try to). I already know how to make one, and have a general idea of everything but one thing I can't find an answer for is:

Do I just use the first two rules for my run, or should I use all of the rules for my run. But it looks like shitload of trouble, and I think that altough I'm going to keep the "Pokeymen dies rule", for the sake of the comic (and because this is what makes the nuzlockes interesting), AND the rule with catching only one Pokemon in any given area.

In order to make a Nuzlocke you have to have at least those 2 rules, otherwise it's not a Nuzlocke.  The other rules are there for the people who want to make it more challenging, such as a no Item Run, or a Monolocke type run. As for impeding progress like your friends are worried about that's why the 'grindan forever' meme exists, you have to grind a lot of levels to succeed, especially with Emerald since the Second Gym Leader is pretty damn hard as is the 5th and a few others people may have experienced with. 

The grinding also helps so you can catch up with comics, just make sure you take notes of every important event since you will get behind, trust me I know from reading a lot of Nuzlockes. 

Also for a beginner I suggest adding the Dupes Clause, if you encounter a Pokemon you already have you can skip it and catch the next one as well as the Shiny Clause which is if you find a Shiny you may ignore the Catching rule and catch it.   There's also a Nickname every Pokemon rule to make you nickname every Pokemon so when they die you feel worse.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16982 on: March 08, 2014, 07:24:04 PM
I'm gonna work on creating the backstory for the 999 RP. I think I have some time now to focus on it.

Come on, Tron. Save it for the Pokemon thread.

You should know better.

Well, I'm a retard.

Yes.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16983 on: March 08, 2014, 07:27:21 PM
I was looking over a fanfic prompt thread.  I then saw one of the stories that someone wrote for that prompt thread, in a fandom I never knew fostered fanfics.

Married... with Children.

A Married... with Children fanfic.

Bad enough that all I see on TFN are romance/mush fics, but a MwC fanfic?  People write MwC fanfics??

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16984 on: March 08, 2014, 07:28:56 PM
Come on, Tron. Save it for the Pokemon thread.

You should know better.
You know no one ever does, it's like saying you should put you fan boying about X TV show in the what are you watching now thread and we both know you won't do that.  No matter how annoying the Pokemon stuff can be at times.

I was looking over a fanfic prompt thread.  I then saw one of the stories that someone wrote for that prompt thread, in a fandom I never knew fostered fanfics.

Married... with Children.

A Married... with Children fanfic.

Bad enough that all I see on TFN are romance/mush fics, but a MwC fanfic?  People write MwC fanfics??
You're surprised?  I bet there's Seinfeld, Roseanne or Gunsmoke fanfics somewhere.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16985 on: March 08, 2014, 07:31:22 PM
There's Law & Order fanfics.

I'm just surprised to see a MwC fanfic on a board that writes nothing but SW, ST, Hobbit, Avengers, and DW romance stories.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16986 on: March 08, 2014, 07:32:38 PM
There's Law & Order fanfics.

I'm just surprised to see a MwC fanfic on a board that writes nothing but SW, ST, Hobbit, Avengers, and DW romance stories.
Fair enough I guess since it's odd for that theme. 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16987 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:28 PM
Every fic on TFN is a romance.  If it's not explicitly stated to be a romance, it's usually angst with heavy romantic subtext.  If not that, it's hurt/comfort angst with heavy romantic subtext.  If you don't write romance, your fics are overlooked.  If you write friendly mush, your fics get read, but not as much as the romance fics.

I saw a recent (as in last year) Pokemon fic, which was a romance.  Brock/Misty romance.  Everything there is a romance.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16988 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:48 PM
You know no one ever does, it's like saying you should put you fan boying about X TV show in the what are you watching now thread and we both know you won't do that.  No matter how annoying the Pokemon stuff can be at times.

If there is indeed a "What are you watching" thread, I don't recall seeing it. And if I did post in said thread, NO ONE else would post in it, because clearly, it's been dead for ages. It would just be me double posting for the entirety of the thread.

The Pokemon thread, on the other hand, is one of the few threads that are lively here, therefore there's absolutely no excuse not to post that stuff there.

And I'm not complaining about the name "Pokémon" popping up here, but rather the long discussions about it that's bound to happen. Talking about Pokemon once in a while here is fine, however, Tron's post is begging for a long discussion.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16989 on: March 08, 2014, 07:39:15 PM
Crap, I mentioned a Pokemon fanfic.

I'd better take that to the Pokemon thread...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16990 on: March 08, 2014, 07:42:31 PM
Talking about Pokemon once in a while here is fine, however, Tron's post is begging for a long discussion.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16991 on: March 08, 2014, 07:43:52 PM
If there is indeed a "What are you watching" thread, I don't recall seeing it. And if I did post in said thread, NO ONE else would post in it, because clearly, it's been dead for ages. It would just be me double posting for the entirety of the thread.

The Pokemon thread, on the other hand, is one of the few threads that are lively here, therefore there's absolutely no excuse not to post that stuff there.

And I'm not complaining about the name "Pokémon" popping up here, but rather the long discussions about it that's bound to happen. Talking about Pokemon once in a while here is fine, however, Tron's post is begging for a long discussion.
No I get it and I understand since that crap annoys me too, but it's not really a Pokemon discussion but rather a comic formatting discussion since he's new to the Nuzlocke thing and all.

As for the What are you Watching thread you should make another and sticky it because I saw at least 2 but they weren't stickied for some reason.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16992 on: March 08, 2014, 07:45:09 PM
I started a fandom discussion in the Pokemon thread. 

It's nearly 50 degrees outside.  I'm going for a walk.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16993 on: March 08, 2014, 07:46:26 PM
Okay as long as you keep you Amie activities from spilling here like you do sometimes.  But I do understand since that's your only game and all.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16994 on: March 08, 2014, 07:57:55 PM
Clearly, this thread will always have Pokemon discussions, for whatever reason, and there's no way of stopping it. So whatever, I don't care anymore. Go nuts.

Oh, and I've "fanboy'd" about shows maybe 50 or 60 times in total, as opposed to Pokemon being fanboy'd well over 500 times.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16995 on: March 08, 2014, 08:04:03 PM
I think the problem is that every time there's a new Pokemon game a new thread is made instead of just having a general Pokemon Thread like we really should had have for years.

Also I probably won't be too active in the Pokemon RP because I am a little Pokemon out so to speak and want to concentrate on Avengers and Wilypocalyse more.  I also might just zombie everyone back to the Dragon Ship in Avengers if things don't move on soon.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16996 on: March 08, 2014, 08:22:02 PM
Also, just to clear the air, I do get the need to discuss Pokemon. I really do.

Sure, I may not be a huge fan, but I do have Pokemon X, and I can see why people love the series. But, for me, as well as some other people, seeing it constantly can get a little grating. Again, I don't really care anymore, however, I will impart the suggestion to keep most of it in the Pokemon thread.

I love Breaking Bad, for example, but I've only mentioned it here like 10-15 times during the entire duration of this thread. The reason being because I know not everyone is familiar with it, and they would get annoyed very quickly if I brought it up constantly.

By using the Pokemon thread, you can filter the people who are actually passionate about the series, from those who are simply "bystanders" looking at the discussion and not understanding what's going on.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16997 on: March 08, 2014, 08:27:08 PM
I honestly don't get why we need to discuss Pokemon on that level either Phi, especially with the whole Pokemon Amie thing I mentioned and all.  I mean I can understand the discussing since Pokemon is so vast so I'll answer questions but not the whole Amie and constant Runaway breeding with X discussions. 

Otherwise people just get way too into it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16998 on: March 08, 2014, 08:44:01 PM
I'm just waiting for Ringman to either come over or call me.  In the meantime, I should clean my apartment.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16999 on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:56 PM
What have I done...