Impressions so far of Ryusei/Star Force 3

Police Girl · 62616

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: July 19, 2009, 09:45:31 PM
The only Harp Note card to be found after hacking the game is Gravity Plus.

I like how you said that, even though Gravity Plus is available at the very beginning of the game.

Also, you could've just checked here to see if there is one or not. =/

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: July 19, 2009, 09:47:29 PM
Imagine hacking 4 GravityPlus' to have the name HarpNote, HarpNoteV2, HarpNoteV3 and HarpNoteX. 8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: July 19, 2009, 10:11:22 PM
@Kyouya: That was kinda the point, I was just saying she didn't have a secret card.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: July 20, 2009, 12:33:06 AM
Also, I do hold StarForce 3 as the best in the series, but they need to turn down the amounts of BROKEN that are the Finalizes. I mean, Sweet Zombie JEBUS, the Forms are good enough on their own but adding in the Meteor Folder just makes them so broken TRIBE KING looks balanced. At least you can't get Ace or Joker at the start of the game like you could Tribe King. But enough about my nit picking, back to the whole game!

Thank god I'm not the only one that thinks that >< Though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone managed to make a folder that was almost as broken as the Finalize Folders. I mean, two giga cards, the ability to use the NFBs of other Noise Forms, AND using BA/RJ's OWN NFB as a card? That's just insane. At the very least, it only doubles cards that have lock-on abilities, and all the while you have six cards to use, while Tribe King has at most 2 cards being used up, sometimes screwing you up if your Giga cards are on the top row or whatever.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: July 20, 2009, 01:46:57 AM
Oh just wait until you can use NKG and have 9 turns of Finalize with an aura and holy panels included 8D

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: July 20, 2009, 02:53:05 AM
Oh just wait until you can use NKG and have 9 turns of Finalize with an aura and holy panels included 8D

Battles are usually over once someone Finalizes, you have to be damn good or damn lucky to avoid being beaten to death while the opponent is BA or RJ. As for Aura and Holy Panels, they're too easy to get rid of this time around, thanks to the number of Wind based and panel altering ways. Hell, Ophiuca ruins Holy Panel just thanks to the Charge Shot, and Queen Ophiuca X does both in getting rid of the aura and ruining the panel. Plus, there are just too many 100 and 200+ damage cards out, and some of them even multi-hit, like Acid Ace V3 or X breaking the panel AND getting rid of the aura at the same time before the second hit. SF3 gave out a bit too many over-powered cards in the game, and they compensated for that by having way harder bosses. Seriously, HOW many V3's have over 2000 health? WHY are they ALL random, even if you've never fought their V2 form? And just look at the R forms, they have at least 500 more health, and then there are the Omega and Sigma level versions of them as well. I have to wonder just who is insane enough to fight Sirius Sigma (lulz), if his first form has 1000 more health than the final boss. Add in that the HP increases at huge rates (probably by 500), and the end HP is probably at or higher than 5500 HP, 1000 more than the SP version of the final boss! Just his V1 form is crazy enough as it is, with Cygnus being the ONLY safe Noise form to go into against that bastard since he has several Break attacks, and carries EVERY element under his belt of attacks. If you can make Sirius Sigma your [sonic slicer], then what else IS there to do?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: July 20, 2009, 03:05:30 AM
Do the same to Crimson Dragon Sigma. Finalize is only as overpowered as the noise level though, if you just use it as soon as you reach 200 it's not that good, specially in the case of BA vs Rogue.

Offline Magnus Ragnar

• Persona 3/4 Addicted
  • Resistance Member
  • A Fool Named Fortune: Reshuffled
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Account!
Reply #182 on: July 20, 2009, 03:31:58 AM
Just his V1 form is crazy enough as it is, with Cygnus being the ONLY safe Noise form to go into against that bastard since he has several Break attacks, and carries EVERY element under his belt of attacks. If you can make Sirius Sigma your [sonic slicer], then what else IS there to do?

You're forgetting Rogue Noise, dood. That's another safe one to use on him. Provided you don't have any Brother Bands(sorta like me cos my DS Lite dun't like WPA-security WiFi.)

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: July 20, 2009, 04:02:16 AM
if his first form has 1000 more health than the final boss. Add in that the HP increases at huge rates (probably by 500), and the end HP is probably at or higher than 5500 HP

I'm pretty sure his Sigma form has 4500 HP.

I have to wonder just who is insane enough to fight Sirius Sigma (lulz)

Anyone that got that far.

Just his V1 form is crazy enough as it is, with Cygnus being the ONLY safe Noise form to go into against that bastard since he has several Break attacks, and carries EVERY element under his belt of attacks.

Learn to counter, it works wonders.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: July 20, 2009, 08:15:57 AM
Do the same to Crimson Dragon Sigma. Finalize is only as overpowered as the noise level though, if you just use it as soon as you reach 200 it's not that good, specially in the case of BA vs Rogue.

At least Crimson Dragon can't knock you out of your type like Sirius. It's easier to build up Noise on Crimson Dragon than Sirius.

You're forgetting Rogue Noise, dood. That's another safe one to use on him. Provided you don't have any Brother Bands(sorta like me cos my DS Lite dun't like WPA-security WiFi.)

Oh yeah >< I haven't used Rogue in forever so I forgot. I was actually thinking about using my Second file to use Rogue until I build up the battle count high enough to get it's abilities, then transfer them over to my first file after my convoluted plan works.

I'm pretty sure his Sigma form has 4500 HP.

Really? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Does he lack an R form? I thought the 'hierarchy' in the game was v1-3, R, omega, and sigma. If it was +500 health per upgrade, that would go from 3k to 3.5k, 4k, 4.5k, 5k, and finally 5.5k.

Learn to counter, it works wonders.

If you can tell me what attacks I can counter and at what points, I'll call you god. His attacks are so prolonged that I wonder if there was one opportunity, more than one, or none at all. I mean, I used Big Grenades on the guy during his elemental laser thing, and not once did I get a counter, even after how quick the attacks are. I HAVE gotten his pattern down, if nothing else, through sheer brute force of repetition. He does his big laser thing about 3 times, then elemental laser, then 3 more big lasers, then he either uses Satellite Blazer, or elemental lasers, then SB. I usually die after that and the first time I wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing so much as block, dodging, and attacking. I AM trying to get the Mega cards right now, and I found where his V2 form is, so I'm going to try to beat the [parasitic bomb] out of his V2 form so I can easily grab his V2 card and then just survive for V3 to get his V1 card.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: July 20, 2009, 08:23:30 AM
I'm shocked... they left the voice acting in... (As you can tell, I just got the game today...)

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:32 AM
Counter-objection

The only Harp Note card to be found after hacking the game is Gravity Plus.

Yeah, they left out the Harp and Hollow megas, and I don't think StickyRain is there either. And if there was a giga card with Hollow, that's not there either.

edit: also, I fail at reading topics completely. That was...pretty lame before my edit.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: July 20, 2009, 08:32:57 AM
@Pringer: He CAN be countered, you just gotta be quite fast because it's earlier than it looks like.

If CoA had left NKG unlocked then no one would complain about Sirius >_>

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:31 AM
@Pringer: He CAN be countered, you just gotta be quite fast because it's earlier than it looks like.

If CoA had left NKG unlocked then no one would complain about Sirius >_>

Still, it'd be nice to know when the moments are exactly.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: July 20, 2009, 08:14:17 PM
Really? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Does he lack an R form?

Why would he have one? He's the one who created the other R's. I'm almost certain he doesn't have an Omega form either.

If you can tell me what attacks I can counter and at what points, I'll call you god.

After he moves around three times (four for V3 and Sigma, if I recall) he'll proceed to try and attack, the three 1 HP barriers disappear, and right then is when you counter. The move gets canceled, he moves around once again, and it goes on.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: July 20, 2009, 09:59:09 PM
Why would he have one? He's the one who created the other R's. I'm almost certain he doesn't have an Omega form either.

Well, he has a Galaxy Advance that's just slightly stronger than his X form, so I figured the only way to increase it's power would be to have his own R form. Besides, isn't data back-up or whatever the same thing they pulled off like three times or so? Twice with Taurus no less. Seriously, he was destroyed in SF1, why or HOW could he have shown up in SF2, and then the same logic was done to make him REAL in SF3. Hell, I would have believed Taurus going down to Earth, but why was he embedded inside the guy? I figured if a plot hole like that could happen, then Sirius could have made himself an R form.

After he moves around three times (four for V3 and Sigma, if I recall) he'll proceed to try and attack, the three 1 HP barriers disappear, and right then is when you counter. The move gets canceled, he moves around once again, and it goes on.

sweet :D Any particular recommended cards to use?

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: July 20, 2009, 10:09:51 PM
sweet :D Any particular recommended cards to use?

Swords, if you have decent timing. Vulcans if you don't. There's tons of ways to counter him, but those are the two easiest, I'd say.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: July 20, 2009, 10:14:42 PM
Any particular recommended cards to use?
Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: July 20, 2009, 10:17:52 PM
EXODIA... OBLITERATE! 8D

There's always Meteor of Crimson if you actually wanted a Dragon card.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: July 20, 2009, 11:01:49 PM
Blue Eyes White Dragon.

amidoinitrite?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: July 21, 2009, 01:52:04 AM
I've been having quite a bit of fun with that Meteor Server Lv. 24 card I'm packing in my deck. It's obscenely overpowered and can make short work of almost anything. It's nice having all those destructive chips at my disposal.

I don't mind how overpowered the Finalize forms are as, like Tribe King, they can still be countered and defeated pretty easily. The only hard part is when they're packing the Big Bangs moves, more so with Black Ace since that one can pierce Invis.

I'm still wondering if Noise Card Gear and the Secret Servers will be unlocked later. I'd love to be able to take my little setup online and murder everything.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: July 21, 2009, 02:50:32 AM
I have a question dude, if I were to Brother with you, would your Giga and Mega cards shuffle through the White Cards, with those G. and M. cards being from that folder? Or do you have to turn the thing off before you even go into Network?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: July 21, 2009, 05:48:10 AM
The Satellite Server stuff doesn't affect the roulette shuffle. You'll still get my white cards and the two megas and one giga in my deck.

I can still brother with people online perfectly fine with both things enabled. I just can't battle anyone with both enabled. I've not tried with a friend, though. It just blocks other matches in Random.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: July 21, 2009, 06:37:57 AM

amidoinitrite?

How'd you make this?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: July 21, 2009, 07:40:12 AM
How'd you make this?

Found an image of Crimson Dragon via Google, got the text from Sprites Inc., found a picture of Blue Eyes, and then used paint to edit them all into that.