Confusion Involving the Mega Man of the Future

Slash Man · 10301

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 08:44:26 PM
Albert W. Wily's ultimate goal is to prove himself superior to his rival Thomas Right. Everything else is secondary, tertiary and even less than that.

I'm sure that's very true. In fact, I liken their relationship to that of Magneto/Professor X, or Reed Richards/Doctor Doom; with their biggest difference being much the same. Right/Light in favor of peace, Wily in favor of might and power. And the concept of the Robot Masters, along with their usage? That became their undoing.

The disproving of one another's philosophies is the key to "besting" the other, and the Robot Masters - Rock right in the center of it all - is the means by which they seek to do so.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 10:18:55 PM
Challenger from the Future is officially canon.

Quint in World 2 was also the real one and the first appearance.

All of the Quints in World 5 are copies (mass-produced, one of them was functional).

Live with it.
Actually, I think every Mega Man Killer in Mega Man V is just a clone (just like the ones you rematch in Wily's castle) because you don't get their weapons.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 12:59:30 AM
Wily wouldn't nessesarily have to make clones of robots he created.  He could just make more of them.  After all, they're robots.

I'd say the Quint that died in W5 was the real Quint.  Simply because I haven't heard anywhere they he was a clone and Quint hasn't been seen since.  But even if he was the real Quint, that doesn't mean Wily couldn't just build him again if he wanted to.  Shadowman, for instance, was made from an alien robot.  You'd think something like that would be too unique to copy, but he reappears in the teleport stage, B&C, and PF.  He also appeared in SAR, but RaMoon build him. 

Maybe MM's weapon-hoding-thing was too full to allow him to steal the RM Killer's weapons on top of the Stardroids?  The fact that there's legions of them inside of Wily's fortress is a look into World 5's story.  I guess Wily finally smartened up and decided to make an army of his really good robots (Quint nonwithstanding, lol) in order to take over the world.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 02:26:29 AM
Wily wouldn't nessesarily have to make clones of robots he created.  He could just make more of them.  After all, they're robots.
Does he always have the plans for them, though?  What about all the robots Wily didn't build?

Maybe MM's weapon-hoding-thing was too full to allow him to steal the RM Killer's weapons on top of the Stardroids?
Ah, that's a good thought, that MegaRockMan can only hold 8 or 9 extra weapons.  Remember how Wily Tower let you take anything from the first 3 games, except you were limited to 8 weapons and 3 transports?  (Yeah, 8 and 3, like an MS-DOS filename.)  Then you don't get any weapons from the Megaworld Corps.  Maybe Rock was already way too full, and that's why!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 02:53:34 AM
Still, whatever canonically happened to Quint after World 2?
Disappeared from the face of the Earth?
he went to the same place Dynamo, Douglas and Lifesavor went to. as well as the place Cain went to after X4.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 03:23:53 AM

I'd say the Quint that died in W5 was the real Quint.  Simply because I haven't heard anywhere they he was a clone and Quint hasn't been seen since.  But even if he was the real Quint, that doesn't mean Wily couldn't just build him again if he wanted to.  Shadowman, for instance, was made from an alien robot.  You'd think something like that would be too unique to copy, but he reappears in the teleport stage, B&C, and PF.  He also appeared in SAR, but RaMoon build him. 

Maybe MM's weapon-hoding-thing was too full to allow him to steal the RM Killer's weapons on top of the Stardroids?  The fact that there's legions of them inside of Wily's fortress is a look into World 5's story.  I guess Wily finally smartened up and decided to make an army of his really good robots (Quint nonwithstanding, lol) in order to take over the world.
In the original Mega Man, you saw just how easily Wily could clone a robot.

As for where he went afterwards... That may HAVE actually been him in Mega Man V, because he couldn't travel time on his own. Wily probably sent him back to fight Mega Man (why this took 3 games is beyond me).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 03:26:45 AM
(why this took 3 games is beyond me).
maybe Wily was using Dialup? :P

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 03:06:22 PM
he went to the same place Dynamo, Douglas and Lifesavor went to. as well as the place Cain went to after X4.
Nice, Limbo is rather warm this time of year. 8D

maybe Wily was using Dialup? :P
A-ha-ha-ha.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 04:30:34 PM
Or, maybe this "time traveling, future Rockman" is nothing but a psychological logic hoax, planting a seed that Rock *WILL* turn bad. After all, it's -totally possible- that "Quint" = the second fortress boss on the OG MegaMan. You know, the one in "the disco room?" ;) IIRC, you face 3 more of them in MM3.

And ShadowMan based on an "alien robot?" What about Blues? Duo knows him from somewhere. What about Terra? What if - get this - none of them are entirely "robots" at all? A couple of doctors simply assume they are, because their internal organs are electronic...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 05:33:31 PM
because he couldn't travel time on his own.

The time machine is Wily's fortress, which conveniently never blew up in the game.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 09:57:37 PM
The time machine is Wily's fortress, which conveniently never blew up in the game.
He probably wouldn't even want to go back since Wily reprogrammed him.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 07:57:17 AM
I always thought that once Rock was jacked, that particular future altered from the one Wily returned too...