Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 341175

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 09:52:43 PM
I just prefer Zelda as a linear type of game.  Sure, you have your side quests and such, and I do love customization, but for the most part, I think Link has to be Link, without changing his appearance or look too much.  I mean, it could work and I would definitely play it.  As long as it kept the standard Zelda fighting style, I'd be fine.

However, with Customization, you might lose the aspect of different clothing doing different things as well, like Zora Outfit or that type of stuff.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 09:56:57 PM
I just prefer Zelda as a linear type of game.  Sure, you have your side quests and such, and I do love customization, but for the most part, I think Link has to be Link, without changing his appearance or look too much.  I mean, it could work and I would definitely play it.  As long as it kept the standard Zelda fighting style, I'd be fine.

However, with Customization, you might lose the aspect of different clothing doing different things as well, like Zora Outfit or that type of stuff.
Here's a compromise: you can change the face, hairstyle and hair color, eye color, sex, etc., but the clothes stay the same.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 10:00:18 PM
Here's a compromise: you can change the face, hairstyle and hair color, eye color, sex, etc., but the clothes stay the same.

LoL, sorry, but no deal.  Call me old fashioned, but I like Link to be Link just like I like Mario to be Mario, Samus to be Samus, Pit to be Pit, and Mike Jones to be Mike Jones. 

If anything, they should make a new game series that implements that style. 

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 10:16:57 PM
I may or may not regret posting this, but...

Somehow I am imagining about a half-dozen OoT girls turning lesbian.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:12 PM
LoL, among other things.

It's not that I'm against customization either.  In most games, I find that it would vastly improve the game, and I'm usually always for customization too.  However, with Nintendo, it's different.  To me, the strength of those games lies with the established, timeless characters that we've grown to know and love.  Sure, they've grown over the years, the looks have been altered slightly, but they still maintain their character and primary look & feel of them. 

Honestly, I would love if Nintendo made a new game series which implements the kind of customization & story telling style of a Knights of the Old Republic game. 

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #30 on: January 25, 2009, 11:23:52 PM
character customization, link speaking, etc
That wouldn't be a Zelda game. A spin-off, possibly; Super Zelda RPG?

Choosing dungeon order is fine and good, although I wonder how you'd tackle designing the difficulty curve then. Come to think of it the first game had that, with no difficulty curve per se - you just went in and if it was too much to handle, ur fukd.
Consequences on HOW you beat a dungeon is asking for too much, and tbh it would be pretty annoying to have to do the same dungeon over several times, with minor differences, just to get to more story content. Consequences OF beating a dungeon would be cool though - like in OoT beating the adult dungeons had some effects on the world, I'd like to see more of that. Bring the land back from being a shitty hellhole to lush and full of life.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 11:28:02 PM
That wouldn't be a Zelda game. A spin-off, possibly; Super Zelda RPG?

Paper Zelda. Parodying Zelda itself. With a battle system and humor similar to Paper Mario games. And light hearted.

I'd buy it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 11:49:57 PM
Or maybe an Earthbound-y Zelda, they practically used to have the same Overworld physics, basically (except for certain dishes). And about that Tingle.. a possiblitiy that we can actually see him in non-WW games? (I just want to see how ugly he can get in a darkish-toned Zelda game, that's all, for amusement)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 11:51:37 PM
have you played Majora's Mask?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 11:54:24 PM
Or maybe an Earthbound-y Zelda,

I can see that happening for the overall style, but for the love of all that is holy... make it faster. Mother 3 got it right, Earthbound however is SLOW.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 12:09:52 AM
There was a part of me that was wondering if Nintendo made a Zelda RPG type game, where you could have Link, Zelda, a Goron/Zora/etc. as your party, would I play it.  I probably would, but I'm not too fond of RPG's.  LoL, perhaps if they made it like Chrono Trigger.  Now that game, I'm addicted too!   8)

This post reminds me, PB you need to play some "Tales of" games. Or maybe just more Action RPGs.

I can see that happening for the overall style, but for the love of all that is holy... make it faster. Mother 3 got it right, Earthbound however is SLOW.

This I can agree to.

Paper Zelda. Parodying Zelda itself. With a battle system and humor similar to Paper Mario games. And light hearted.

I'd buy it.

Oh God, Intelligent Systems dialog plus the Zelda series parodying itself... It's a match made in conceptual heaven. XD

The only thing that could be better than this is a Super Smash Bros. Tactics, but that's another topic entirely.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 12:12:25 AM
The only thing that could be better than this is a Super Smash Bros. Tactics, but that's another topic entirely.

One that you're about to make, aren't you?   8D

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 12:27:10 AM
One that you're about to make, aren't you?   8D

Nah, I'm done with my Smash craziness for a bit, post-wise. XD

The only reason it came up was because I was thinking about Intelligent Systems (makers of Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid - Metroid Fusion, etc.) making a Paper Zelda. Meanwhile, just a random thought, does anyone else wanna see another top-down perspective Zelda game again?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 12:40:04 AM
Meanwhile, just a random thought, does anyone else wanna see another top-down perspective Zelda game again?

You can bet that, with the notion of how well Phantom Hourglass did, that a sequel/follow-up will probably come soon enough. Top down Zelda will always have a home, at least on portables like the DS, if nothing else.

What I wish for, is for another side-scroller, a la "Adventure of Link". Still remains my fave Zelda to this day, too bad it's such a black sheep. Could I at least get a remake of the game on the DS? Let those dudes at Capcom give another try at a Zelda, eh?  8D

Any way, what could I want?

What I probably would desire, above all else, is maybe something that would be a bit more in the way of "off-beat". I mean, looking back, I can say easily that my fave games in the Zelda series (Zelda 2, Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask) all have one thing in common: they're rather off-beat games in the saga. So much so, they don't really do anything to often involve Zelda, Ganon(dorf), or the Triforce to that much of a degree; hell, in LA and MM's case, they don't even take place in Hyrule!

This is the thing I think that they really consider for a future Zelda game. The whole subplot revolving around Ganon, Zelda and the Triforces has been done to death by now, with not much in the way of change from that dynamic since OoT (or LttP, if you construe it that way). If they lack the storytelling ability to deliver something in that era yet, then by ALL MEANS...give us something different to wrap our heads around. A new story and a new setting, could be enough of an excuse to try a number of different things with the series. I'd even accept the proposed "Ganon's POV" angle, provided it isn't a clever ruse for Nintendo to cop Soma Cruz's style, and "humanize" Ganon even more than he's been in recent years.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 01:41:32 AM
Might deserve it's own topic, but what the hell.
http://www.konjak.org/princess.zip

Zelda-wannabe sidescrollan highscore game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 01:45:20 AM

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 01:49:35 AM
Might deserve it's own topic, but what the hell.

Like Taiyo said, I already made the topic, and the video clips for it. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 01:52:28 AM
LoL, among other things.

It's not that I'm against customization either.  In most games, I find that it would vastly improve the game, and I'm usually always for customization too.  However, with Nintendo, it's different.  To me, the strength of those games lies with the established, timeless characters that we've grown to know and love.  Sure, they've grown over the years, the looks have been altered slightly, but they still maintain their character and primary look & feel of them. 

Honestly, I would love if Nintendo made a new game series which implements the kind of customization & story telling style of a Knights of the Old Republic game. 
You're one of those people who are against there being a female Link, aren't you?

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 01:57:34 AM
Pretty much anything would do for me at this point.

Having said that, I don't want any more of this light/dark transition [parasitic bomb]. It's annoying, old and a waste of time. Stop doing it Nintendo, even though I know you love it so much.

And I want, nay DEMAND, some sort of tool that will be useful throughout the entire journey (Sword and shield excluded from this, of course) that doesn't have to do with the aforementioned light/dark transition.

Multiple weapons would be a cool addition. I'm not asking for a dual wielding Link here, but I would like to be able to use more than just the Master Sword as a sword near the end of the journey.

And MASKS. They need to be brought back.

If this has been said already, screw you, I'm saying it again. I haven't read the topic because I'm LAZY.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 02:00:35 AM
And I want, nay DEMAND, some sort of tool that will be useful throughout the entire journey (Sword and shield excluded from this, of course) that doesn't have to do with the aforementioned light/dark transition.

Multiple weapons would be a cool addition. I'm not asking for a dual wielding Link here, but I would like to be able to use more than just the Master Sword as a sword near the end of the journey.
I second this. A weapon or weapons that are useful throughout the journey. And, no, instruments don't count as weapons. They're instruments!

Also, how cool would a dual-wielding Link be? Make it happen, Nintendo!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 27, 2009, 02:06:43 AM
You're one of those people who are against there being a female Link, aren't you?

Indeed I am.  If they're going to make a Female Main Hero in a Legend of Zelda game, then why not just use Zelda?   8D

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #46 on: January 27, 2009, 02:09:44 AM
I'd also like Nayru and Malon~ >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 27, 2009, 02:10:53 AM
Indeed I am.  If they're going to make a Female Main Hero in a Legend of Zelda game, then why not just use Zelda?   8D
Not the same. I demand female Link! :'(

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 27, 2009, 02:21:47 AM

Why not just have the "Different Gender, Same Basic Storyline" thing, a la PKMN, and more recently, Rockman ZX?

I mean, you can play as a male or female Link, and honestly, the only things that would be different would be that maybe you could get a few different side-quests, and see possibly a few different plot points, depending on what gender your Link is. That'd be good enough variety to ensure a few extra replays than a Zelda game could stand to usually get, already.

Otherwise, it would be largely for aesthetics. A different set of yells, shouts and grunts, and different set of tushies hidden beneath green tunics. I don't see what's the problem!  8D

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 27, 2009, 02:23:49 AM
*shock* PB against a female anything?

I wouldn't mind, I jus don't think it would be much different o.o