Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 343321

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #850 on: July 04, 2010, 01:52:16 PM
It didn't exactly say that everything you did was utterly meaningless... unless that is as far as your mental scope can handle. I suppose that means robots that can think and feel have no souls? There is no humanity in anything but something that is purely human? Are you able to make such decisions yourself and easily deny them existence? Is your understanding that limited? These are the kind of questions it actually asks, as opposed to what it tells you. Your limitation determines what the game is saying.

Also, "typical JRPG plot/dialogue" doesn't spell awful, that is an opinion. But hey, these are all opinions. I just feel my opinion has more merit, I gave it more thought and decided not to dismiss it simply because of limitations of the self or stupid popular opinions.
- Have life
- Do [parasitic bomb]
- Nothing you did had any meaning or potencial ever!
- 8D

The CONCEPT is good, tell you that. But it's not only Matrix-clichéd, it's also VERY flawed in execution and in actually bringing anything meaningful to the table. The twist, instead of a "whoa, this really is a brave new world", spits in the player's faces instead of actually being anything that matters. I pretty much stopped caring about it from that point on, because it felt unnecessary.

Aresian

Reply #851 on: July 04, 2010, 02:28:03 PM
I guess moot point is horribly moot now. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Carry on.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #852 on: July 04, 2010, 02:36:57 PM
Alright then.

Where do we stand on Zelda ripoffs? And can someone name them all without looking at the images' source?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #853 on: July 04, 2010, 04:16:41 PM
I think Okami needs a sequel more than Zelda does.

Offline Lunar Knight Zeke

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #854 on: July 04, 2010, 04:23:25 PM

Not that I'm trying to start something, but you are aware of the upcoming Okamiden, right?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #855 on: July 04, 2010, 04:45:07 PM
It's just not the same...
But I do have it preordered.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #856 on: July 04, 2010, 05:51:18 PM
Alright then.

I still say the default guy looks way too much like the Dragon Warrior hero.

LOL @ spin-attacking a swarm of chickens.  I knew the game was a Zelda knockoff, but I didn't know it was that shameless.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #857 on: July 04, 2010, 08:08:06 PM
I still say the default guy looks way too much like the Dragon Warrior hero.

LOL @ spin-attacking a swarm of chickens.  I knew the game was a Zelda knockoff, but I didn't know it was that shameless.
It's the most shameless knockoff it can be. It cries out its shamelessness many times throughout the whole game, and its loading screens are likenesses of old game covers, replaced with pixelated characters. It's, in a whole, a HUGE homage to 2D Zelda.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline The Blind Archer

• Self-proclaimed jack-of-all-trades of art in training
  • Robot Master
  • I use localised names
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem New Dawn
Reply #859 on: July 22, 2010, 10:09:17 AM
^ tiemlins don exits

Alright, I had to get that out of the way.  I'm really stoked for Skyward Sword.  Everything about it just looks spectacular so far.  I really want it to outdo Ocarina as my favorite Zelda game... which will be tough to do with the OoT remake on the 3DS.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #860 on: July 22, 2010, 12:44:35 PM

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #861 on: July 22, 2010, 02:00:10 PM
Wasn't that obvious once we were told it was the "The making of the Master Sword"-story?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #862 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:40 PM
Saying the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword did not by definition make it an Ocarina prequel. With the Master Sword being lost below the Great Sea within Ganon's stone encased body, a retrieval, or recreation of the blade of evil's bane was also a possibility. As such, there were two possibly placements. Though confirmed to be true now, immediately stating it as a pre-Ocarina title was be getting ahead of oneself.

Either way, with the pre-Ocarina placement now undeniably confirmed, one can't help but hope for further exploration of the many concepts only vaguely alluded to in Ocarina and Twilight, much like how Ocarina was based on the classic story of Ganon being sealed into the Dark World once Sacred Realm.

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #863 on: July 25, 2010, 07:34:17 PM
Saying the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword did not by definition make it an Ocarina prequel. With the Master Sword being lost below the Great Sea within Ganon's stone encased body, a retrieval, or recreation of the blade of evil's bane was also a possibility. As such, there were two possibly placements. Though confirmed to be true now, immediately stating it as a pre-Ocarina title was be getting ahead of oneself.

Either way, with the pre-Ocarina placement now undeniably confirmed, one can't help but hope for further exploration of the many concepts only vaguely alluded to in Ocarina and Twilight, much like how Ocarina was based on the classic story of Ganon being sealed into the Dark World once Sacred Realm.

Twilight was pretty vague about the end. I do believe that Ganon was killed, but he makes it seem like he'll return again. My question is, what did Link do with the Master Sword at the end? I'm sure that the game is pre-Ocarina of Time, and not post-Wind Waker. Because it was stated that the Skyward Sword will BECOME the Master Sword. Not to mention, Skyward Sword doesn't seem to be in the train era. Yes, you all left out one crucial fact, Spirit Tracks. Spirit Tracks is post-Wind Waker. Not to mention, I do believe that the WW timeline was better suited for the DS, as one of Nintendo's officials said. So I highly doubt Skyward Sword will be in the WW timeline.

So yeah, there's my 2 cents. SS is pre-Ocarina. Point made.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #864 on: July 25, 2010, 07:51:55 PM
Twilight was pretty vague about the end. I do believe that Ganon was killed, but he makes it seem like he'll return again. My question is, what did Link do with the Master Sword at the end? I'm sure that the game is pre-Ocarina of Time, and not post-Wind Waker. Because it was stated that the Skyward Sword will BECOME the Master Sword. Not to mention, Skyward Sword doesn't seem to be in the train era. Yes, you all left out one crucial fact, Spirit Tracks. Spirit Tracks is post-Wind Waker. Not to mention, I do believe that the WW timeline was better suited for the DS, as one of Nintendo's officials said. So I highly doubt Skyward Sword will be in the WW timeline.

So yeah, there's my 2 cents. SS is pre-Ocarina. Point made.

...did you even read the previous posts? Miyamoto has already CONFIRMED that Skyward Sword is pre-Ocarina of Time. And we've all said in our timelines that we recognized that Wind Waker had Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks as sequels.

Read the damn topic before you reply.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #865 on: July 25, 2010, 08:14:46 PM

Not that I'm trying to start something, but you are aware of the upcoming Okamiden, right?

Okamiden isn't a sequel. It's a "spiritual successor" according to Eshiro (producer).

Agreed.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #866 on: July 25, 2010, 08:29:49 PM
^Me too (I although I've never played Okami, although I really want to).

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #867 on: July 25, 2010, 08:32:51 PM

...did you even read the previous posts? Miyamoto has already CONFIRMED that Skyward Sword is pre-Ocarina of Time. And we've all said in our timelines that we recognized that Wind Waker had Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks as sequels.

Read the damn topic before you reply.

Didn't you notice me quoting Zan's post. Thank you very much. And I'm not the type of person to read back much. So yeah.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #868 on: July 25, 2010, 09:12:24 PM
Didn't you notice me quoting Zan's post. Thank you very much. And I'm not the type of person to read back much. So yeah.
Every single post above and including Zan's post mentioned the game was confirmed to be an OOT prequel. And yes, you're supposed to read a topic before you post on it. At least read the last few replies.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #869 on: July 25, 2010, 09:45:26 PM
My question is, what did Link do with the Master Sword at the end?

The Master Sword was put back in its pedestal in the woods, near the ruins of the Temple of Time.

I'm sure that the game is pre-Ocarina of Time, and not post-Wind Waker.

Point being, that before the direct confirmation, there was some room for doubt given the post Wind Waker need for a new Master Sword. With the confirmation, that doubt entirely vanishes.

Yes, you all left out one crucial fact, Spirit Tracks. Spirit Tracks is post-Wind Waker. Not to mention, I do believe that the WW timeline was better suited for the DS, as one of Nintendo's officials said.

Trains are not a requirement for a title after Spirit Tracks, though. At any given point the tracks can vanish, and for all we know, there are already games that come after Spirit Tracks; a large list of candidates already exist. (Though all those candidates can also be moved after Twilight, and some before Ocarina.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #870 on: July 26, 2010, 02:06:09 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGRL-Pa6pw[/youtube]

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #871 on: July 26, 2010, 05:34:03 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGRL-Pa6pw[/youtube]

That sword bit with the logo at the end must've been real impressive in 3D.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #872 on: August 21, 2010, 06:22:53 PM
So, there were recently some new demos of Skyward Sword.

Controls look a lot more responsive this time. I just hope those enemies aren't as easy in the final thing.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #873 on: August 21, 2010, 06:42:02 PM
So, there were recently some new demos of Skyward Sword.

Controls look a lot more responsive this time. I just hope those enemies aren't as easy in the final thing.

Enemies are always easy. Just abuse the spin attack and you're good to go.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #874 on: August 21, 2010, 08:55:45 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a hard mode this time (finally)?