Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 343540

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: June 13, 2009, 04:35:50 AM
Nothing against playable Zelda games, but Aldo's reference was Mario is Missing. If you can't see why that's wrong, well I pray for you. XD

Posted on: June 09, 2009, 23:11:14
Miyamoto Wants Zelda Wii to be a MotionPlus Exclusive

“The goal at this point is that we would make Wii MotionPlus required in order to play Zelda,” he said.

It’s reasonable to assume that Zelda’s use of MotionPlus might depend on how many of the devices Nintendo sells between now and the game’s far-off release date. But Miyamoto says that’s not actually the case.

“The bigger hurdle for us is not really whether people have a Wii MotionPlus or don’t have it, it’s whether or not the experience is one where people will think they want to have a Wii Motion Plus in order to experience it,” he said.

“There may be a group of people out there who look at people playing motion control games and have a hesitancy to try to play those because they’re worried that they might not look so cool, swinging a Wii remote around. But in watching people play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, even though it’s just a simple shaking motion, I’m watching people play (it) with a big grin on their face.”

“So I’m hoping that we might be able to create a similar-feeling experience for Zelda,” he said.

“The development of Zelda has been focused strictly on the gameplay structure at this point. We haven’t devoted much in the way of efforts to things like graphical representation, and story, and those types of production elements,” he said.

Link

Comments?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:03 AM
By the time it comes out, everyone will have MotionPlus, so I think it's good.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: June 13, 2009, 08:45:56 AM
let's hope they keep Lonk left handed this time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: June 13, 2009, 08:51:02 AM
Hey, Right hand is business.  Left hand is pleasure.

Wait, that might be only in my case!  Nevermind!   8D

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #154 on: June 13, 2009, 01:47:03 PM
Let's hope they let you choose! 1:1 sword movement will be pretty awkward if you're forced to use your off-hand, regardless of which it is...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: June 13, 2009, 06:04:31 PM
let's hope they keep Link left handed this time.

I hope they offer us a choice at the beginning of the game. I also hope they don't mirror the locations as well as Link again. XD

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:43 PM
I hope they offer us a choice at the beginning of the game. I also hope they don't mirror the locations as well as Link again. XD
It's Lonk.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: June 13, 2009, 11:56:44 PM

Depending on how much it costs and what exactly it affects, I may not care about it, which means I wouldn't be able to play the new LoZ game.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: June 14, 2009, 12:09:43 AM
just like all those idiots who didn't buy the N64 ram expansion.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: June 14, 2009, 12:12:20 AM

I lol'd. XD

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: June 14, 2009, 12:39:13 AM

Here's the thing, I don't have that many Wii games in the first place, and so far there doesn't seem to be a problem with the controls. It sounds nice that they're doing something about it, but why should I care? There aren't a lot of games for the Wii that are interesting me right now, and the last game I got for the thing was MP3 which I got last year. For me, what's the point in upgrading something if the upgrade isn't even going to be used?

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: June 14, 2009, 12:47:19 AM
what's the point in upgrading something if the upgrade isn't even going to be used?
upgrade isn't even going to be used?
implying the ram expansion was used

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #163 on: June 17, 2009, 02:06:09 AM
I'm not confident of that just yet.  As excited as I am about MotionPlus, software sells the hardware, not the other way around, and I've yet to see a must-have game for the device.

Of all blasted times to show Link without a sword...  1:1 Zelda swordplay would EASILY sell the thing out in no time flat.  Ah well, either way, they'll probably package the Zelda game in a bundle, unless it doesn't see release for a REALLY long time, anyway.

I never understood why they couldn't just mirror the character...  o-O

Well, I do hope they supply that option.  'cuz it would be weird to motion with one hand while the character moves the opposite hand, but it'd be nice to correct that without having the sun come up in the West.

let's hope they keep Lonk left handed this time.
I'll never understand this attitude.  Even though Link uses his left hand more often than not, the nature of sprite-mirroring left Link somewhat ambidextrous in NES and SNES games, and even in OoT he Hookshots with his right hand.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02:36 AM
I'm not confident of that just yet.  As excited as I am about MotionPlus, software sells the hardware, not the other way around, and I've yet to see a must-have game for the device.

It comes bundled to the freaking sequel of Wii Sports, that alone guarantees millions of people have M+. Then it's also bundled with the newest EA games, which you know many people buy, and I think it was also bundled with Red Steel 2, which many are hyped for. So yeah, I don't think that'll be much of a problem even if it isn't bundled, it worked for Majora's Mask.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: June 17, 2009, 05:39:42 AM
I'm not confident of that just yet.  As excited as I am about MotionPlus, software sells the hardware, not the other way around, and I've yet to see a must-have game for the device.

Wii Sports Resort will sell millions, and according to Lou, Red Steel 2 is a must buy!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: June 18, 2009, 08:39:17 AM
About the right hand and Link being left hand.

Ya know, when you swing left, Link can like, ya know, swing left?

Is it THAT HARD?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #167 on: June 18, 2009, 03:02:08 PM
It'll feel pretty weird with 1:1 movement, that's for sure.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: June 19, 2009, 03:49:37 AM
Hey, Right hand is business.  Left hand is pleasure.

Wait, that might be only in my case!  Nevermind!   8D

Right hand takes care of both. Lefty's the wingmanhand.

EDIT: Hey, there's a new Robot Master! Wing Man!

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: June 19, 2009, 02:17:40 PM
About the right hand and Link being left hand.

Ya know, when you swing left, Link can like, ya know, swing left?

Is it THAT HARD?

Eh, I think it would feel a bit awkward for some people, just seeing him swing with his left hand when most people in the states are right handed. Odds are someone would probably get into a situation of some sort and start swinging their left hand which causes Link to do his spinning thing...you know what, screw it, there isn't a reason. There's an attack for flailing around both the nunchaku and the Wiimote, so even if you freaked out and shook the left hand, Link would do an attack and make you realize "oh, wrong hand", and I doubt it takes THAT long to realize the concept of "swinging the wiimote makes him swing the sword" anyway.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #170 on: June 19, 2009, 11:38:43 PM
Hey! Us left-handed people like that! I, personally, wouldn't mind it at all!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #171 on: June 19, 2009, 11:48:05 PM
It comes bundled to the freaking sequel of Wii Sports, that alone guarantees millions of people have M+. Then it's also bundled with the newest EA games, which you know many people buy, and I think it was also bundled with Red Steel 2, which many are hyped for. So yeah, I don't think that'll be much of a problem even if it isn't bundled, it worked for Majora's Mask.
I guess it's just me, but in that entire list Red Steel was the only thing that had me the least bit interested, and that was marginally so.

3rd party bundles are a surprise, I must say, I guess Nintendo really is serious about it.  Then again, and maybe this is just me personally, but I think Zelda could push M+ distribution a lot harder than any of those titles mentioned above.

And about Wii Sports, it's big, but that's because outside of Japan it's free.  Wii Play, next best seller, is effectively 10 bucks with purchase of remote.  Wii Sports Resort is effectively $30 with purchase of M+, so they are pushing the value position further than their previous two casual heavy-hitters did.

I guess part of me questions the necessity of the device beyond swordplay (and frankly is still peeved that Nintendo didn't try a little harder with Twilight Princess; even without 1:1, some sense of direction should have been doable).  All I hear about for M+ is sports titles.  Well, my favorite sports games on the Wii thus far are Punch-Out!! and Mario Power Tennis.  Neither accept, or need, M+.  So I need to see more, and I'm hoping the new Zelda delivers.  Red Steel 2 is fine and dandy, but I'm just more of a fantasy gamer.  It's not that I don't see the potential, I do.  It's just that, like the Wii mic, I'm not seeing the practice.  Yet.  Hoping that changes.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: June 20, 2009, 12:07:54 AM
You still don't have Super Mario Galaxy.   :P

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: June 20, 2009, 12:21:24 AM
You know what would be awesome?

Paper Galaxy

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: June 20, 2009, 12:23:43 AM
Nintendo should really consider making more Paper series with Zelda being the next, but then people would [sonic slicer] and moan that they're using the idea too much. *sigh*