Acid · 12076

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 09:49:33 PM
NINTENDO IS IN CONTROL OF RELEASE AND IS MESSING WITH EVERYONE!!

You know, checking to make sure the game gets the proper age rating and is qualified to be put on Shopping Channel. =w=;

Also checking the game for bugs and stuff. Testing the game to make sure it's a "Seal of Quality" type game. o.o;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 07:16:58 PM
Yeah.

Still takes too long.

Posted on: February 01, 2010, 21:57:53
Update and gameplay!

http://la-mulana.com/en/blog/archaeology-lecture.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Mm33VSGpU[/youtube]

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 07:25:33 PM
Never heard of that game, looks really fun. The music is really catchy

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 07:29:41 PM
The game is full of good music.

It also has Castlevania physics as well as exploration and puzzles that could teach Zelda and Metroid a thing or two.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 07:55:53 PM
I actually never heard of Cave Story either until now. Both games are really fun, canĀ“t believe I missed them.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 12:36:40 AM
That reminds me, I need to kill the final boss already!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 01:29:03 AM
Just a little bump.

After rewatching the latest test-play (still test-play 5) I think that this game might feature a online co-op mode. That would be cool as I could help Cephi finish this game.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 02:49:02 AM
That would be fun ^^

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 10:49:54 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone who played La-Mulana: when I re-downloaded the game, the high-quality version of the music did not play until I downloaded and added a bunch of .dll files that's suppose to fix the game's music for Vista / 7. When I first downloaded and played the game before my brother nuked the hard drive with all of my doujins on it, the game ran perfectly fine with the Unicode set to Japanese. But now I had to download and use the fore-mentioned .dll files into the game since its back to English (USA and Canada). Does the Unicode setting on the computer have anything to do with that?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 10:53:03 PM
Nope. Never had that problem.

Try this:

-Right click
-Properties
-Compability tab
->Compability mode - Windows XP

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 09:13:58 PM
Nope. Never had that problem.

Try this:

-Right click
-Properties
-Compability tab
->Compability mode - Windows XP
I just tried it; it didn't work. It must be this computer...

Posted on: October 18, 2010, 04:03:29 PM
It looks like this could be it, the year that La-Mulana finally comes to WiiWare. The staff at Nigoro has finished the WiiWare version of the game and are eagerly waiting for Nintendo's approval of getting the game out for download.

Source: http://la-mulana.com/en/blog/done.html

Someone's curtainly happy. XD

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 09:35:04 PM
Oh FINALLY

Let's hope this one actually gets a PAL release. I'm still waiting for Cave Story Wii

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 12:02:54 AM
NOOOO!!!!! WHY ARE YOU F*CKING WITH US, NINTENDO?!?!? WHY?!? D:

Plus, this trailer from TGS.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgPHW_99ay4&fmt=18[/youtube]

GAWH!!!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 01:06:00 AM
Haha same thing happened with Cave Story. Was sent back and forth countless times.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 07:49:11 AM
Once again, this game isn't going to come outside of bum-f*cked Egypt for some time, but they did gave us some more music to listen to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhuVPtDuNX4&fmt=18[/youtube]
The other two volumes: vol. 1 | vol. 2

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 12:36:27 PM
Finally!

Now the US and PAL releases are close as well!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 05:59:06 AM
Quote from: Asterizm @ andriasang
Asterizm announced a release date today of June 21 for its WiiWare action adventure title La Mulana. The title was previously announced and is due for international release, but the Japanese release will be first. Pricing is set at 1,200 Wii Points.

La Mulana has players take control of Dr. Lemeza Kosugi and explore the mystical La-Mulana ruins in search of a secret treasure. The game originated as a 2006 freeware Windows title.

Pricing is set at 1,200 Wii Points.

1,200 Wii Points.

Yes! The months of saving the last 1,500 Wii Points that I've been hanging onto will finally be spent on this game!

Posted on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:05 PM
Something else I'd like to bring up. The developers are working making a two-part guide for La-Mulana on WiiWare and it looks like they're releasing digitally from the looks of it here. The first part of the guide is basically the game manual, but it also has some details on the early stages of the game and it's coming out sometime before the game is released. The second part is the strategy guide of the game, but it's going not to disclose any answers on how to solve each puzzle in the game, but rather give you hints to help you out and that's coming out after the game is released. For those who still wants to help Japan after the Tsunami and Nuclear crisis, people can buy the first part of the guide and proceeds will go to the Northeast Japan Relief.

Source: http://la-mulana.com/en/blog/we-are-making-a-guide-book.html

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 03:02:58 PM
It's available now~ <3
If it isn't on English shop channels yet, then it will show up very soon. ^^;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcvSaPnZrwc[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 02, 2011, 12:18:57 AM
I love this game so much. More than Cave Story even. My absolute favorite indie game.

The question however, is:

When will Europe get it?

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #45 on: July 02, 2011, 01:36:33 AM
I can't do [parasitic bomb] in this game, it's reeeeally hard :<. I really enjoyed the boss battle mod though

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 05:32:47 PM
PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY, NIGORO! WE'VE BEEN TROLLED BY NINTENDO LONG ENOUGH AND WE WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME ON OURS WIIS VERY BADLY!! ;O;

I can't do [parasitic bomb] in this game, it's reeeeally hard :<. I really enjoyed the boss battle mod though

There's always guides to help you out..
- http://lamulana.super-turbo.net/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page <- SPOILER WARNING!

Posted on: July 01, 2011, 08:41:38 PM
Odd. I'm (re-)playing La-Mulana on my brother's PC and before the system restore (lost the save file with it while destroying some of the other games I got in My Documents) Windows 7 was trolling La-Mulana on fullscreen by messing up the colors, but now it works perfectly fine... Don't know what's up with this game and high-end PCs. Even back when I had Windows Vista Home Premium it was screwing up with the high-quality version of the game's music. Dunno if installing DirectX 9.0c fixed the issue... o~O

-EDIT-
Okay now it's screwing up again with fullscreen mode (dunno if changing the Unicode setting did this). Thankfully it could be fixed by opening Screen Resolution and leave it open (never minimized) or making a batch file to kill exeplorer.exe while the game plays.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 21, 2011, 05:17:59 PM
I wouldn't want to play fullscreen mode. I dislike that.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 27, 2011, 10:28:56 PM
Ugh! USK, y u so zetta slow?? X(

Posted on: July 27, 2011, 12:35:25 AM
TL;DR version: A fatal bug found in the original Japanese had to be fixed before the game can get out in other countries (which was already patched as of this writing, and the North American and European versions of La-Mulana will be released with the bugs fixed) and these European ratings boards love to troll us as much as Nintendo trolls NIGORO.

Quote from: 'Shoji Nakamura from NIGORO'
Hello!

I’m Shoji Nakamura, the director of Asterizm (NIGORO), the developers responsible for La-Mulana. La-Mulana was released in Japan earlier this summer. We wanted to give our fans an update on the status. Since Japan and other regions are independent of one another, the release date for North America and Europe couldn’t be decided at that time. I suspect some fans may be waiting impatiently for the game’s release. I am one of them, too.

We NIGORO have done everything what we can. NIGORO and Nicalis are currently working with Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe to coordinate the release in each respective region. All the translation/localization work was completed after the Japanese version. Unfortunately, we found some fatal bugs in the Japanese version after its release and had to resubmit it for an updated game file in Japan. Luckily, the overseas game (that is, the North American and European versions) will already have these major issues addressed.

So, in July, we weren’t able to get lotcheck results for North America or Europe; with the latter, there was a misunderstanding on part of EU’s rating system. We’re in lotcheck now, but can’t announce a release date until we receive final confirmation that the title has passed. I see various differences between Japan and overseas countries. For instance, when we submit to Nintendo of Japan (NCL) versus other regions, the response times are different.

Nicalis, our publisher, is working closely with NOA and NOE. After submission and approval from NOA and NOE, the game files still need to be approved by NCL. Although we have full control over the development of a game, we won’t always have direct control over the process to release a game; this is true for almost any distribution channel, including the Apps Store, PSN, Steam or XBLA. As a result, we have kept you waiting. We are so sorry and regrettable for that. We do our best for releasing the overseas version. You will be the first to know as soon as we have a final release date.

P.S.
We are planning to release La-Mulana’s original sound track. It takes long time to make bonus track the same quality as the music used in the game, so we had a questionnaire before determining the release date. We incorporated not only Japanese users’ opinions but also a lot of overseas users opinions. Lastly, we may have some bonus content for those of you who have waited so patiently for the game’s release.

Thank you so much for the support to NIGORO and Nicalis.
Source: http://la-mulana.com/en/blog/regarding-la-mulana-in-north-american-and-europe.html

I'm hoping that the "may" in the last sentence becomes a "will" at some point considering those in Japan (and those few lucky people with a Japanese Wii) probably finished this game already before we even get a chance to play this.

Posted on: September 16, 2011, 10:57:47 PM
NIGORO recently unveiled some details of the upcoming DLCs for La-Mulana on WiiWare, one of them La-Mulana's Hell Temple and a Time Attack mode.

For those that haven't already of beaten the original PC game, the Hell Temple is an extra and very difficult area that becomes available after clearing the game. This was something that fans requested to see in the WiiWare version.

The Time Attack was actually based after a mod to the original game. In this version, you can chose which equipment to use. So if you want to go in with over-powered weapons or with the minimal stuff, you can do that if you like. There's no sort of leaderboards to this feature however, but this is something that they're not capable to bring on their first venture into the Wii market.

I hope they do release this as part of their compensation for having everyone in North America and Europe wait, but I doubt it...

Posted on: October 22, 2011, 10:16:53 PM
Yup...  :\ Good news that the game MAY have hope in Q1 2012. Plus, there's the possibility of a PC (and other console) release.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 27, 2011, 11:01:36 PM
Same deal is Cave Story eh?

Delay

Delay

Delay

Delay