Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Protodude · 15481

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 06, 2009, 05:59:25 PM
I saw it, but my has-a-strange-taste-in-movies sister paid for it, so meh, can't rant on about "I paid for THIS?!" and all that, but I'll review describe it (as well as the first technically) with a comparison. Note that this is just my opinion;
So the way I think about it, both movies were/are a room, at first, the room is relatively clean/a bit untidy, a few loose shelves, one too many dirty clothes on the hanger, maybe a bit of an overfilled garbage can in the corner.
Two weeks later (like the 2 year gap between the movies), the room hasn't been kept it tidy, and now the it's just a mess, there's dirty clothes everywhere, making it hard to tell which is which and where everything is, the bed is just a mess if it can even be reached through to the pile of clothes everywhere, the garbage can is overflowing, it's just a mess everywhere. If the room doesn't get cleaned in about 2-3 weeks, possibly less, it'll be messy enough that they'll be sitting in their own crap.
But that's just the way I think of it.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 06, 2009, 07:19:03 PM
I knew I would hate this movie just a few minutes in, when I saw a little Ice Cream truck with "Suck my Popsicle" written on the side.

On the plus side, I went in with the lowest expectations I could possibly get, and the movie met them. Mission Accomplished.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 06, 2009, 07:33:07 PM
I seriously can't understand.
How can you [tornado fang] up something that simple like a movie about ROBOTS THAT TEAR EACH OTHER APART.
I know directing movies can be hard, but nothing excuses this garbage. Hey, Michael Bay? Why didn't you include more robot action?!

MB: What do you mean? There's that little robot humping a leg.

Wat.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 06, 2009, 07:39:02 PM
Don't forget about Devastator's testicles.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 06, 2009, 07:54:57 PM
I seriously can't understand.
How can you [tornado fang] up something that simple like a movie about ROBOTS THAT TEAR EACH OTHER APART.

Yeah, that bothers me too.  I mean, you have to know that your audience are going to be a lot of people who grew up with the cartoon, and in turn, mindless silly "Commando" style action flicks.  We don't expect much, in terms of story, plot, or hell even character development.  But seriously, at least make the poor plot make some kind of [tornado fang]ing sense.

And really, you've got the possibly awesome (I say possibly because we only see them for about 10 minutes) Autobots to use in Ironhide, Arcee,, Sideswipe, and instead decide to make the racist twins your main stars. 

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 06, 2009, 10:02:40 PM
I would tell how bad the movie is after viewing it but I think it would be a tad bit redundant.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 07, 2009, 06:37:29 AM
So guys. Best movie ever or best movie ever?

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 09, 2009, 09:43:55 AM
instead decide to make the racist twins your main stars. 

okay seriously, am I the only one who sees them as the stereotype of white guys trying to be gangsta?  And the 'We don't read' line is just reffering to them unable to read the older runes, after all, Jetfire only can read them.

Or maybe i'm stupid enough to understand silly point from a stupid story, right gaiz?  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 09, 2009, 10:10:01 AM
okay seriously, am I the only one who sees them as the stereotype of white guys trying to be gangsta?  And the 'We don't read' line is just reffering to them unable to read the older runes, after all, Jetfire only can read them.

LoL, they're CLEARLY black stereotypes.  They have buck teeth, and one is even gold GOLD!  And I'm aware of what it's referring too, but it's still blatantly racist.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 09, 2009, 10:38:53 AM
LoL, they're CLEARLY black stereotypes.  They have buck teeth, and one is even gold GOLD!  And I'm aware of what it's referring too, but it's still blatantly racist.

Really? but they have big ears too, and I could swear I noticed something of freckles too.  But whatever, I blame the media and the people for having such ideas.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 09, 2009, 03:48:01 PM
am I the only one who sees them as the stereotype of white guys trying to be gangsta?
"Pretty Fly For An Autobot Guy"?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 09, 2009, 08:15:17 PM
Really? but they have big ears too, and I could swear I noticed something of freckles too.  But whatever, I blame the media and the people for having such ideas.

...Yes, they do have big ears, and possible freckles or bumps.  That just adds to it even more.  LoL, and it's our fault that the robots are stereotypically racist?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 09, 2009, 10:45:07 PM
if black culture didn't exist, they wouldn't be copying it, now would they?

i hope that didn't sound Klanish.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Cyberpunk

• Mad Gunner
  • Net Navi
  • Almost... there...
    • View Profile
    • Lunaar Corp
Reply #88 on: July 21, 2009, 04:50:59 PM
if black culture didn't exist, they wouldn't be copying it, now would they?

i hope that didn't sound Klanish.

This.

Stereotypes wouldn't exist if they didn't have something to be based on. Could it be that there's a deeper problem somewhere else? *sarcastic gasp*

The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.