Protodude · 15474

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 08:17:28 PM
I feel SO glad I didin't see this insult of the franchise. DB: Evolution's plot made way more sense than this mindless cowrape.

Besides, DB: Evolution is based off DB, not DBZ. get your facts straight fans (to most of those that complained Vegeta was absent in the entire movie), it had Master Roshi dying, and coming back to life by the dragon. that was in DB, right? yes. I watched the series' ending.

Glad you made your review PB, and I thank my brother for seeing TF: TrotF (The revenge of the Fallen), he told me it was bbbaaaaddd..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 08:39:27 PM
there's only one The in the title... you know, like how the thread title is...

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 08:43:35 PM
I only decided to have fun with abbriviations here, besides adding another "the" does kinda make it sound more cooler..

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 08:47:05 PM
Besides, DB: Evolution is based off DB, not DBZ. get your facts straight fans (to most of those that complained Vegeta was absent in the entire movie), it had Master Roshi dying, and coming back to life by the dragon. that was in DB, right? yes. I watched the series' ending.

Really?  Based off DB, in which Goku & Chi Chi are teens in High School?  It's Hollywood Dragonball.  That's all there is to it.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #54 on: June 28, 2009, 08:51:41 PM
Comparing some similarities, Hollywood Dragonball did manage to get some facts straight.

- Goku and ChiChi were old friends

- Piccolo was the evil Demon King

- There was no mention of Sayins anywhere

- Master Roshi died once

- Goku had the ability to transform into Ozaruu, the were-ape on the night of the full moon (or in this case, eclipse)

- There was a dragon that slept inside the earth until awakened by collecting seven balls

- Goku had the 4-star ball

And that's to it from the origonal series, which is the real movie source. not Z, and it made more sense than TF: RotF.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 08:58:38 PM
besides adding another "the" does kinda make it sound more cooler..

no it doesn't. it makes it sound cheesier than it already is.

it doesn't help your grammar either.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 09:29:10 PM
In some cases, the cheesier, the better.  8U

But this doesn't look like one of them.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 09:35:59 PM
Sheeeeeeit. And my sister liked this why? XD

She swears that I needed to see it just cuz and that the movie is one big hit or miss for people, but looking at that review and remembering some of the stuff that Transformers 1 did... Er, don't know if want. XD

Finally, illiterate robo bros? And it wasn't even in a funny "haha" way? Man and I thought EVERYTHING that could be bad about this movie was already mentioned.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #58 on: June 29, 2009, 05:03:08 AM
Y'know...  Even if free tickets magically fell into my lap, I don't think I'd want to bother with seeing it.  There are better ways to waste an afternoon.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: June 29, 2009, 05:13:03 AM
Y'know...  Even if free tickets magically fell into my lap, I don't think I'd want to bother with seeing it.  There are better ways to waste an afternoon.
if free tickets fell on my lap, Id probably be too lazy to go see it anyway. Im a big Star Trek Fan, and I still havent gone to see the movie. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 06:14:35 AM
If I had free tickets, I'd have to go throw them into the volcano that forged them since they would obviously be pure evil.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009, 06:19:56 AM
If I had free tickets, I'd have to go throw them into the volcano that forged them since they would obviously be pure evil.

QUICKLY FXENI.  CAST THEM INTO THE FIRE!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: June 29, 2009, 06:45:35 AM
Meh I'd drill a hole into the earth and put it in the molten core of the earth, that's how much I didn't like the movie.  Man why did they have to over power Optimus at the end. o//////o

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #63 on: June 29, 2009, 07:05:33 AM
It'd be one thing if it were so bad its good, but it's not.  I should just rent the B-movie Transmorphers for the lulz.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: June 29, 2009, 07:07:39 AM
If you're gonna watch any movie-related Transformers, you might as well watch the old 80s one. That one is awesome, unlike what we have to deal with now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: June 29, 2009, 07:10:22 AM
The only thing that I really actually like was when they dumped the politicial in the middle of Egypt.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline SubZero

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 05, 2009, 07:48:52 PM
So let me get this straight... All of you are condemning this movie based off of one person's review, even to the point that you're saying you'd go to fictional extraneous lengths to destroy free tickets to this movie, yet NONE of you with the exception of said reviewer have actually seen said movie?

I don't mean to call all of you sheep, but...

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #67 on: July 05, 2009, 07:53:35 PM
So let me get this straight... All of you are condemning this movie based off of one person's review, even to the point that you're saying you'd go to fictional extraneous lengths to destroy free tickets to this movie, yet NONE of you with the exception of said reviewer have actually seen said movie?

I don't mean to call all of you sheep, but...

Trust me, my brother's seen it, it's a like/hate movie for me because I haven't seen it yet. I've seen a couple of reviews, some bad some good, so yeah.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 05, 2009, 08:14:21 PM
it's not just one negative review. it's legions of bad reviews that spell this movie's (critical) doom.

Offline SubZero

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 06, 2009, 02:18:23 AM
You're missing my point.

Funnily enough, Transformers 2 currently has about the same rating on Rotten Tomatoes as Speed Racer, Speed Racer of course being an awesome movie that unfortunately doesn't pander to the universal critical audience. Critical analysis cannot give you any perception of how fun a movie is to watch, it can only give you a perception of how good said movie is when held up against so-called cinematic masterpieces(Such as Slumdog Millionaire, which I don't care what critics say, that movie was absolutely painful to watch).

I am not offering up a personal endorsement of this movie. My point was that various people have been giving opinions, opinions based only on these/this negative review(s), on a movie that they have not actually seen for themselves.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 06, 2009, 03:36:26 AM
Funnily enough, Transformers 2 currently has about the same rating on Rotten Tomatoes as Speed Racer

Well, then something is really wrong there. I've seen both movies and Speed Racer was MUCH better than this movie, specially at the end, my god the whole thing in Egypt felt like [tornado fang]ing forever -____-

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman

• Protoman/Blues Historian
  • Net Navi
  • I am, The Red Bomber
    • View Profile
    • Protoman: The Red Bomber
Reply #71 on: July 06, 2009, 03:51:37 AM
Well currently of this post, the movie is creepy on 600 Million bucks worldwide.  So awesome.

Anyhow, an interview with Shia suggested Galvatron and Dinobots, but things change, even the original script for the movie had a lot of characters and concepts switch.  (Egypt instead of Las Vegas, Sideswipe instead of Hot Rod, ect). 

So far, looking good ROTF.

Daniel "Protoman" Arseneault, THE Protoman

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 05:25:02 AM
SubZero is right.  I mean, I saw how badly this movie was getting panned, but I went to see for myself.  I mean, I may tell you not to go see it, which I am mind you because the movie is garbage, but always base your opinion of something via your own viewing, not by just my detailed review of it. 

Having said that, don't go see this movie.  Go see Public Enemies, or Up, or something.  Maybe rent it when it comes out.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 07:47:03 AM
I did see it. I didn't like it... at all. It was all nonsensical action with a half-assed plot. The only transformer done remotely well was freaking Ravage, and that was before he spewed out those nanobots. I could go on for a while, so I'll stop there.

I played the game right after that (the PC version), and that was more entertaining than the movie. It also even made more sense, which is sad.

Archer

Reply #74 on: July 06, 2009, 08:00:04 AM
I actually fell asleep when I saw it.