Least favourite RM

Blackhook · 11181

Offline Successor

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 09:02:00 PM
MM5 - Gravityman :the most easiest robot masters battle in my entire life, even 10-years old kid could beat him :D

Man, I think the idea for most Robot Masters was for 10 year-old kids to beat them : T

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 01:15:54 PM
Man, I think the idea for most Robot Masters was for 10 year-old kids to beat them : T

Doubt it :cookie:

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 07:23:02 PM
pretty sure 10 year olds were/are the target demographic.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:36 PM

Demographic?

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 04:10:54 PM
Demographic?

Age group. 6-12 years old. 13-17 years old. 18-24 years old. 25-39 years old. 40-64 years old. 65+ years old.

Like that first question on every survey out there? In theory, they reperesent different stages of life/maturity.

6-12 = You're in school. You want friends/popularity.
13-17 = You're in (Junior)/High School. You want friends, popularity, space of your own, a car and sex.
18-24 = You're college-age. Glad you're out of H.S., and now you REALLY want sex and a car. Direction in life is nice, too.
25-39 = Screw it. You need to make money, now. Juggle the bills. Get out of "the hole."
40-64 = You're FINALLY out of the hole, and after 15 years of solid work, you've forgotten what fun is.
65+ = Now that you've retired, and you're making less now than you did in minimum wage, you need to get back in shape, and back in the game. Because without enough money to do [parasitic bomb], life is just a boring waste of time.

(/sarcasm)
(/ihope)

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 01:29:19 PM
Age group. 6-12 years old. 13-17 years old. 18-24 years old. 25-39 years old. 40-64 years old. 65+ years old.

Like that first question on every survey out there? In theory, they reperesent different stages of life/maturity.

6-12 = You're in school. You want friends/popularity.
13-17 = You're in (Junior)/High School. You want friends, popularity, space of your own, a car and sex.
18-24 = You're college-age. Glad you're out of H.S., and now you REALLY want sex and a car. Direction in life is nice, too.
25-39 = Screw it. You need to make money, now. Juggle the bills. Get out of "the hole."
40-64 = You're FINALLY out of the hole, and after 15 years of solid work, you've forgotten what fun is.
65+ = Now that you've retired, and you're making less now than you did in minimum wage, you need to get back in shape, and back in the game. Because without enough money to do [parasitic bomb], life is just a boring waste of time.

(/sarcasm)
(/ihope)

Uh....just forget what i say.

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 03:53:01 PM
Uh....just forget what i say.

Don't feel bad. I tripped on "hexology." How could I trip on that? ::)

[objection!]
'scuse me, have you played MegaMan/RockMan 2? Or 3? Any time in the last decade? >U<

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:56 PM
Don't feel bad. I tripped on "hexology." How could I trip on that? ::)

[objection!]
'scuse me, have you played MegaMan/RockMan 2? Or 3? Any time in the last decade? >U<

If you got Megaman Anniversay Collection PS2.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 07:56:23 PM
Well now....my least favorite RM...though choice considering I like all of them, and I haven't played the games in a while. But if I'd have to choose, they would be the following RMs:

MM1-BombMan- I like all the original RMs and their designs, But Bomber would be my least favorite for being one of the easiest bosses to beat (true cutman is even weaker than Bombman, but I can't really hate, much less dislike the little guy, or his memorable theme)

MM2-FlashMan- For being a incredibly easy boss, even more than BubbleMan

MM3-TopMan- Weak ass boss with cheap ass weapon

MM4-ToadMan- Because I just don't like the bot...grrrsh-ness

MM5- Though choice, half of the bosses here Are my least favorite RM bosses of the entire franchise in my opinion. But I do know who desserves the title of most hated...ChargeMan, cheap as boss (not the though cheap, I mean the ohmygodthisguyissocrappy kind of cheap) and with an even cheaper Master Weapon.

MM6-WindyMan or whatever his name is. Airman wannabe. U CAN'T COPY AIRMAN *cue Airman can not be Defeated theme*

MM7-I'm gonna have to go with 2 robot Masters here, officialy making this Rockman game, have the least likable bosses in the franchise. BurstMan-for being too easy (aside from CloudMan and the rest of the bosses) and of course SlashMan- Wolvering, why are you in Jurrasic Park anyway? What do you have to do with dinosaurs? And what in the name of "Ductuh Wahwee" are you doing in the ceiling thats secreting red sticky liquid? You know what I don't wanna know. (actually I do) Anyway your here because I thought I liked you but then I realized I really didn't...also your cheap (though cheap this time)

MM8-Well I can't really hate ClownMan (cause I like clowns...especially evil ones, course this clown is just gender confused), can't hate FrostMan cause he reminds me of Frosty on steroids, can't hate TenguMan cause I love his design, SearchMan because his the first 2 headed RM, SwordMan cause swords+fire=awesome...unfourtinately this doesn't apply to SM. As for the last 2, AquaMan is just...well I don't know, just like ToadMan I can't seem to like him...but I can't seem to hate him either. And GrenadeMan for being quite easy...and the fact that dieying (please correct if written wrong) made him...feel good. *shrugs*

MM&B-Dynamo for a obvious reason, a reason that everyone else has already explained

MM9-Hmmmm Pluggy or Magmour...eh I'll choose both. Pluggy for his magnetic shockballs of doom, and Magmour for being predictable (though he still does kill me from time to time (at leats when doing a p-shooter run))

Ands thats pretty much the only original Rockman games that I've played.   

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 08:53:28 PM
MM1-Gutsman- The hard part about fighting him was how you had to jump at the PRECISE moment before he lands, or else the quake will freeze you.
MM2-Quickman- What's annoying about the jerk is how he moves and reacts. He'll send out his boomerangs right before you can jump over him, and he'll hit you in some way.
MM3-Shadowman- Like Quickman, but worse, the guy's pattern was completely random. A short hop or big jump, about two or three of those jumps in some fashion, and then either a quick and LONG slide right where you're at, or tossing out his shurikens at a position where you can't avoid them.
MM4-I can't remember who I hated the most there.
MM5-I'd have to say Gravityman, but at the same time, there weren't a whole lot of hard, annoying, or just stupid bosses; Gravityman wins just because of the timing you had to hit him.
MM6-I [tornado fang]ing HATE PLANT MAN! His level is insanely hard just because, he's annoying as hell, and not to mention, his defeat is REQUIRED to get Jet Rush so that way you can unlock some other secrets.
MM7-I've always hated Burstman because I could never figure out what his weakness was. I did eventually, but it still pissed me off.
MM8-I have to say, the number one boss I hated was Aquaman. He was extremely annoying, but his power was USELESS. It was as weak as a regular uncharged buster shot, but arced and didn't have long range, and the arc wasn't even useful!
MM&B-I have to say Groundman because of how often he'd just dig under ground and NOT pop up to be pelted with mines to death.
MM9-I'd have to say Plugman because he's top-tier annoying quality. Just the way he moves and attacks, it's hard to just take his face and slam it right into the Jewel Satellite.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 01:12:56 PM
You hate Shadowman? Wow, i never thought of he was really hard to beat :\.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 08:56:30 PM
Hello, StrangeMan again. I recently played MM1-3 to see if I really did hate the recently mentioned robot masters. I figured out I hate some other bots more then I hate the ones I already mentioned. So heres my new list of least favorite RMs (I'll edit this list once I've played the other MM games)

MM1-Elecman- A child could beat CutMan and Bombman once they find out their attack patterns. FireMan can also be easily dealt with by jumping over his attacks and shooting (course you still get damaged by those little bastard flames that pop out below you, not to mention the constant blasts FM fires at you). GutsMan can get annoying with his earthquake causing jumps. And you need precise timing to be able to dodge IceMan's attacks. But none are as over-powered, more sadistic, more evil looking than our very own...ElecMan. Sure you can use Cut's Weapon and dealt with him quickly (if you don't want a challenge) But this little prick of a Master can kill you in 3 shots in less than 7 seconds. Yes you can keep him at a distance by firing at him, but unless you don't pin him the left side of the room (the one with the giant blocks) and make sure he stays there, this guy will completely butcher you...with electricity.

MM2- I don't know whether I should hate HeatMan for being so exploitable (you shoot him, he stops attacking, he then charges at you, you jump over him and then shoot him again before he attacks, and you can keep repeating this until he dies) or hate the hyperactive QuickMan and his tri-boomerang attack. Course I still don't like flash man for having weapon thats only good for one stage (then again they're a lot of RM that have this types of weapons).

MM3- though I still haven't finished the game (again) yet, I can say that my least favorite (for now) is ShadowMan...well actually is more of a love-hate thing. Love because his a ninja RM, love his design, like his weapon (even though it's basicaly Metal's weapon with a limited range) and...he can slide. Now for the hate part. He jumps to much, has a almost unpredictable pattern, he tries to pin you in the corners of the room, and he can throw 2 stars at the same time (course they can be easily dodge...as long as your not too close to him).

Once I'm done with MM3 and play MM4-6 i'll update my "I hate list" well I'll be posting later

-Let's-a-go Rush- -raf raf- *transforms in rush jet* -ZOOM ZOOM ZOOOooooooooom- (just being random here, ignore it...or don't. you decide)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 03:01:04 AM
(even though it's basicaly Metal's weapon with a limited range)
I wonder if people wouldn't compare Shadow Blade to Metal Blade so much if it didn't appear in the game right after Metal Blade's.  Then again, I never hear anyone saying "Ring Boomerang is just a Shadow Blade you can't throw upward!", so, I dunno.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 01:21:43 PM
Hello, StrangeMan again. I recently played MM1-3 to see if I really did hate the recently mentioned robot masters. I figured out I hate some other bots more then I hate the ones I already mentioned. So heres my new list of least favorite RMs (I'll edit this list once I've played the other MM games)

MM1-Elecman- A child could beat CutMan and Bombman once they find out their attack patterns. FireMan can also be easily dealt with by jumping over his attacks and shooting (course you still get damaged by those little bastard flames that pop out below you, not to mention the constant blasts FM fires at you). GutsMan can get annoying with his earthquake causing jumps. And you need precise timing to be able to dodge IceMan's attacks. But none are as over-powered, more sadistic, more evil looking than our very own...ElecMan. Sure you can use Cut's Weapon and dealt with him quickly (if you don't want a challenge) But this little prick of a Master can kill you in 3 shots in less than 7 seconds. Yes you can keep him at a distance by firing at him, but unless you don't pin him the left side of the room (the one with the giant blocks) and make sure he stays there, this guy will completely butcher you...with electricity.

Kid defeat Elecman? Elecman's weapon was hard to dogde, how do you know about? Sometime he always jumping at you if..........you know :\ Blocks.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 01:00:23 AM
Kid defeat Elecman? Elecman's weapon was hard to dogde, how do you know about? Sometime he always jumping at you if..........you know :\ Blocks.

nuw(no)  I said a child could beat Cutman & Bombman

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 01:16:11 PM
nuw(no)  I said a child could beat Cutman & Bombman

Cutman & Bombman sound like easy, but Bombman's weapon was totally useless & easy to dogde to learn his pattern.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 11:09:31 AM
See, if I could these damn DOS games to work on my PSP, I could give you gems like Shark Man.

But I CAN'T! *shakes fist*

Anyways, I'll have to get back to you on least favorites as I've actually never beaten every Megaman game. Highest I've gotten on the NES games is 3 and every time I try and play it, something happens and I end up restarting. From the ones I have played.. Let me remember..

MM1 has Guts Mans Ass.. I mean Guts Man. You've gotta beat him with a freakin' unaccurate bomb and he jumps around like an idiot.

MM2 I'll get back to ya on.

MM3 is a tie between Top Man & Shadow Man at the moment. Top Man for having such a stupid weapon and Shadow Man for being the bastard who's weak to that stupid weapon. "Durr, I's jumpin into you! *spinspin*"

MM7, I keep getting stuck in Turbo Man's level and when I finally got past it, I lost my save and its been so long since I've played it I'm restarting. I'm thinking Slash Man, but I can't remember.

MM8 gives us the unbridled JOY of using the best weapon in the Megaman series.. WATER BALLOON!

¬_¬

MM&B was mainly Dynamo Man as Rock. Because appearently, fuzzface over there who built everyones favorite Blue Bomber hasn't discovered how to rotate Mega Man's arm UPWARDS. I'm trying remember which were a pain as Forte, but I'm blanking.

I think I'll sit down and go beat them all in the next few days and get back to you guys with an even more detailed list of which Robot Mas-

!!!

I totally forgot about Megaman Megaman. I've played Time Man and he just happens to CONVIENTLY jump everytime I jump over him. [tornado fang]ing tithead.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: March 20, 2009, 02:13:50 PM
I would like to nominate Frostman. Not did his stage bring me to tears (no more of these snowboard/ride chaser segments, Capcom!), the poor guy has the mental capacity of a six year old. Attending special ed.

Runner-ups include Burnerman, whose stage is impossible for me to clear as Megaman; Astroman, because his stage was so difficult (I only have so many lives to clear the sinking tower of despair and LSD); Gutsman, with those goddamn faulty platforms (never made it to the actual boss in the original game); Windman, for being a total bastard (I forgot his weakness when it came time to re-fight him; it was a long time since I'd beaten him); Dynamoman, for basically forcing you to ignore him for a good portion of the fight to destroy his recharging station; and finally, every last one of the DOS 3 RMs, for having mazelike, nigh-impossible stages. Though their being total pussies kinda helps.

Oddly, I don't hate any of these bosses outside of battle. Must be Story and Gameplay Segregation at work...

Offline Practice

• Cyberelf
  • be water, my friend
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: March 20, 2009, 11:20:35 PM
Iceman - rm1

he is a little man in a parka.

you don't see fireman drinking iced tea because he is 'too hot'

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: March 22, 2009, 01:10:28 PM
Let see:

Bombman - Hyper Bomb is just pathetic. It should be ala Bomb Kirby.
Flashman - I'm not a fan of time stopping weapons.
Geminiman & Sparkman - Geminiman for having a boring stage. The fancy colors doesn't help at all. The Gemini laser also hangs when you fire it 2 consecutive times & you must wait for a while before you can change back which is irritating. Then Sparkman for almost the same reason. Spark Shock only do temporary shock to foes. It even doesn't do damage in normal enemies at all as far as I know.
Brightman - His Brightman yet he looks dumb. >.>
Stoneman - Generic boss.
Knightman - Despite Plant Barrier being a pathetic weapon, I choose Knightman because: I'm not fond with the BGM at all. His design is boring. The Knight Crash could been much better if it has chain & can be swing ala Z3's Cactank
Burtsman - Yay! for the ceiling spike! >.>
Aquaman - The name "Aquaman" is just overwhelming & inspiring at first and then...I expect too much. Though I like his rainbow intro.  8D
Dynamoman - I hate that cheater. >.>

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 01:31:20 PM
Let see:

Bombman - Hyper Bomb is just pathetic. It should be ala Bomb Kirby.
Flashman - I'm not a fan of time stopping weapons.
Geminiman & Sparkman - Geminiman for having a boring stage. The fancy colors doesn't help at all. The Gemini laser also hangs when you fire it 2 consecutive times & you must wait for a while before you can change back which is irritating. Then Sparkman for almost the same reason. Spark Shock only do temporary shock to foes. It even doesn't do damage in normal enemies at all as far as I know.
Brightman - His Brightman yet he looks dumb. >.>
Stoneman - Generic boss.
Knightman - Despite Plant Barrier being a pathetic weapon, I choose Knightman because: I'm not fond with the BGM at all. His design is boring. The Knight Crash could been much better if it has chain & can be swing ala Z3's Cactank
Burtsman - Yay! for the ceiling spike! >.>
Aquaman - The name "Aquaman" is just overwhelming & inspiring at first and then...I expect too much. Though I like his rainbow intro.  8D
Dynamoman - I hate that cheater. >.>

What about Megaman 9?

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 01:40:15 PM
What about Megaman 9?
Jewelman?  8D

BLASPHEMY!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I don't have a chance to play the game so it's hard to come up a conclusion.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 02:13:24 PM
Jewelman?  8D

BLASPHEMY!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I don't have a chance to play the game so it's hard to come up a conclusion.

I thought you gonna choose Plugman 8D i think.