Flame · 2405

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: August 11, 2018, 07:24:30 PM
First there was the E3 teaser...

! No longer available

And then came Quakecon, and out came Doom Eternal.

! No longer available

! No longer available

So from what we know, There's a few tweaks.

-Some demons are back to their more classic looks
-There's some new demons
-Doomguy can quickstep now
-SCORPION CHAIN SUPER SHOTGUN
-GATLING SHOTGUN
-SHOULDER. MOUNTED. FLAMETHROWER
-DOOM SOULS - Some sort of soulslike invasion mechanic (presumably optional) where players invade you as demons
-Doomguy's got a predator style wristblade now too

Also, new threads

I cant be the only one hype

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 08:27:44 AM
I'm liking the Doom Slayer's new duds (not that I had any issues with his earlier ones).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:58:55 AM
personally im not entirely fond of the new suit design myself- though i DO like the exposed biceps. the suit looks too busy designwise and i don't dig the studded gauntlets. I think the suit from the last game was good enough as a modernization of Doomguy.

But at the end of the day it doesnt really matter since you aren't looking at doomguy in gameplay.

the wristblade im more curious about, since it seems like it might kill some of the variety the glory kills had. from the demos, there was a lot of generic facestabbing with the wristblade in glorykills

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 08:29:41 PM
I love the Phobos trailer. Specifically the first minute. Where we see the Slayer has reached a level of rage so intense it's looped back around into eerie calm.