Protoman Blues · 40532

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #75 on: May 05, 2016, 08:38:26 AM
Anthony Higgs is the best thing about Other M, hands down. I want a Metroid game where you play as him.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: May 05, 2016, 08:40:08 AM
I second that notion, he should have been in Federation Force as a playable character. XD

But yeah more Anthony in future Metroid games would be nice.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #77 on: May 06, 2016, 08:30:24 AM
Seriously, if you wanted to make a game about the Galactic Federation, why would you NOT use Anthony?

So the usual "we ain't found sh*#!" disclaimer applies, but the latest out of the NX rumor mill is that it will be cartridge-based.  Nintendo's ROM supplier has been giving them strong nods in their financial reports despite gearing up for products that are clearly not 3DS carts, and they reportedly have a 32GB capacity.

A while back there was a patent uncovered from Nintendo about a console with no optical drive.  Considering the way solid state memory has been getting cheaper and cheaper, I could easily believe this one.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: May 06, 2016, 08:36:30 AM
Not to mention it would make sense if it is indeed some hybrid console.  I'm almost starting to believe they really did cameo it in the Star Fox anime as crazy as it sounds. XD

But yeah I'm just going to take it with a grain of salt until we get some confirmation from Nintendo, which probably won't happen until they decide to reveal it.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 26, 2016, 04:09:54 AM
Unsure if this has been posted, but what the [tornado fang].

http://www.geek.com/games/nintendos-next-gaming-handheld-is-codenamed-mh-1656148/

I really hope the controller theory is all it is. Or that it's a hoax/rumor.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 26, 2016, 04:14:56 AM
"MH" sounds boring honestly

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: May 26, 2016, 04:22:09 AM
Well clearly its to signify how its a Monster Hunter machine.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 26, 2016, 04:34:42 AM
I'm honestly thinking this one is a rumor born from a misunderstanding.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #83 on: May 26, 2016, 06:07:52 AM
This one is false. It's just a hypothetical scenario they were picturing. Just read down on Dr. Serkan Toto's Twitter feed (he runs a Tokyo-based game consultancy firm and tends to report on the Nintendo investor's meetings whenever they happen) a short bit and he explains how it's totally not a real thing.

He also posted a comment that was mentioned here if you don't feel like reading his feed for just a short while.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 26, 2016, 07:38:13 AM
Okay, I'm relieved. I would've flipped my [parasitic bomb] honestly.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: May 26, 2016, 07:45:22 AM
I'm sure the new hand held won't be a thing until 2018 at the earliest, provided the NX isn't a hybrid console.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: June 18, 2016, 03:33:24 PM

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: June 18, 2016, 04:47:00 PM
I'm definately gonna wait a year or two and see what NX is all about after launch-I to this day regret my purchase of the Wii-U, not because of the system it's self; but rather for it's complete lack of software-Yeah Smash, and Mario Kart are ALOT of fun, but Hyrule Warriors, and mario Party? Well Warrior games only keep me interested for so long and Mario Party I think my friends and I played once before we realized it was kinda crap--so yay?

That just leaves the Zelda-so that'll be what? Four games and only three were good?  O^O

Point is I can't really trust Nintendo is going to deliver on third party games right now so I'll be waiting to see how the NX plays out. Money is to tight now to waste on systems that might not even work out.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: June 18, 2016, 04:56:57 PM
Yeah I can understand that, while they said they want to have a good solid launch lineup we need to wait to see how good said launch line up is.  Miyamoto said they're already working on and reinventing a New Mario Game for NX but I don't think it will be for launch.

Other than Zelda I'm positive Pikmin 4 will be a launch title since that's nearly done and hopefully that promised Console Metroid too.  Hopefully we get good Console RPGs and Indie titles too.

Also I recommend Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Yoshi's Wooly World and Bayonetta 1 and 2, Xenoblade Cronicles X (plus the original Xenoblade if it's still $20 on the eShop) if you didn't get those already.  Try to see if you can find discounts.  I think Tropical Freeze is also something to get but I haven't seen much of it.  Oh and definitely get 3D world, it's no Galaxy but it's the best multiplayer Mario you will ever play.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: June 18, 2016, 05:25:38 PM
Yeah I can understand that, while they said they want to have a good solid launch lineup we need to wait to see how good said launch line up is.  Miyamoto said they're already working on and reinventing a New Mario Game for NX but I don't think it will be for launch.

Other than Zelda I'm positive Pikmin 4 will be a launch title since that's nearly done and hopefully that promised Console Metroid too.  Hopefully we get good Console RPGs and Indie titles too.

Also I recommend Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Yoshi's Wooly World and Bayonetta 1 and 2, Xenoblade Cronicles X (plus the original Xenoblade if it's still $20 on the eShop) if you didn't get those already.  Try to see if you can find discounts.  I think Tropical Freeze is also something to get but I haven't seen much of it.  Oh and definitely get 3D world, it's no Galaxy but it's the best multiplayer Mario you will ever play.

I'll definitely see if I can find any decent prices on those games, money being kinda iffy thought not sure when I'll be able to. Wonderful 101 I hear is a lot of fun.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: June 18, 2016, 05:36:06 PM
Oh we're in luck too, 3D World, Pikmin 3 and Tropical Freeze are Nintendo Selects, so they'll always be discounted and you can get them at your leisure.  Should be about $20 each.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: June 18, 2016, 05:42:31 PM
Digital download I assume?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: June 18, 2016, 05:43:27 PM
You can get them digital, but let me see if physical versions exist too like the Wii counterparts.

EDIT: Yeah physical versions exist.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: June 18, 2016, 05:57:55 PM
Ah cool, I'll keep an eye out when funds become a thing. Thanks!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 18, 2016, 06:01:17 PM
Also if you happen to be lucky enough to find a used Bayonetta 2 with Bayonetta 1 make sure you snag it since those are pretty much out of print.  Otherwise Bayonetta 1 will be digital only and Bayonetta 2 can still be bought physically by itself.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: June 18, 2016, 06:22:56 PM
Will do, Beyonetta is on my list of wanted games.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #96 on: June 18, 2016, 08:25:22 PM
I second your Super Mario 3D World recommendation, Sakura. There's also physical versions of Shovel Knight and DuckTales Remastered, too.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #97 on: June 23, 2016, 06:29:10 PM
Seriously EVERY Wii U owner should have Super Mario 3D World.  And if you still like 2D Mario, New Super Mario Bros. U is severely underrated.  It kicks the ever loving crap out of NSMB2; quite a curse that they came out in the same year.

I also stand by Woolly World, best Yoshi game since the original.  And I still gotta get Xenoblade X sometime, it looks awesome but I never got the chance to try it.

Also, my favorite digital-only titles:
The Cave, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Nano Assault Neo, and Fast Racing Neo.

I'll definitely see if I can find any decent prices on those games, money being kinda iffy thought not sure when I'll be able to. Wonderful 101 I hear is a lot of fun.
Wonderful 101 is a great game but what bugs me about it is that they left menu keys on the Gamepad active while you're expected to be drawing on the thing.  Somebody didn't think that one through and it leaves me using the right analogue stick more than my stylus, which is sad given that the Wii U was expressly built to encourage the opposite.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: June 23, 2016, 07:35:40 PM
Also I forgot Splatoon, Splatoon is a must as is Mario Kart 8 if you don't have that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #99 on: June 23, 2016, 09:31:13 PM
I also stand by Woolly World, best Yoshi game since the original.
I think it helps that one of the control schemes is literally just the Yoshi's Island control scheme lol

Also that instead of trying to make another Yoshi's Island and copying that they tried to make a whole new Yoshi game of its own.