Super Smash Bros. Bitchslap: What Do You Want To See In It?

Jericho · 144484

Offline The Blind Archer

• Self-proclaimed jack-of-all-trades of art in training
  • Robot Master
  • I use localised names
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem New Dawn
Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 09:21:59 AM
Subspace Emissary 2/Adventure mode needs to be of greater quality.  More variety of enemies instead of just Mario and Subspace baddies.  There were more baddies involved than just Bowser, after all.  Also, more bosses, possibly one from every series represented in the game, if possible.  Obviously there wouldn't be one for Ice Climbers or ROB, for instance... but where's Mad King Ashnard?  Where's Phantom Ganon? Oh, and also, Sakurai needs to stop glorifying his own creations.  Kirby, Meta, and Dedede stole the spotlight the most, in my opinion, and I recall Kirby the day more times than most characters involved in the story.  Combined. >_>

On another note, every character that has been playable to this point should return as such.  I don't care if they were only in one game or the other, I don't care if they aren't as important to their respective series' anymore, I don't care if they're clones, and I sure as hell don't care if they're bottom tier.  EVERY character needs to return, whether already on the disc or through DLC on the Wii Shop Channel.  I want my Mewtwo, I want my Roy, and I don't want some texture hacks; they're not the same.

Trophies need to mostly be newer models of what they represent.  For instance, Melee trophies had created original 3D models for their characters, whereas Brawl trophies just took existing models without doing squat to 'em, in most cases.  Also, more trophies for the series' that got little to nothing added, like Kid Icarus, Earthbound, and Fire Emblem.  Also, more diorama backgrounds than the four that were available... only two of which I enjoyed working with.

The starting cast of available characters should be smaller than the total final cast on the disc.  Personally, I'd prefer they just started with the 8 from the 64 version as playables, so I'd have a reason to keep playing it more, but I can live with less than half, if I must.  Also, reaching a character in Adventure mode shouldn't be an instant unlock of the character.  Takes the fun out of discovering the other methods, which was fun in Melee.

Final Destination and Battlefield should be hidden stages again, but I want that mostly for the sake of annoying the "professional" Smash Bros. players.

Item switch needs to be a hidden feature like in SSB64, for the above reason.

Bring back Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish.  I can live with shared target tests... but limiting the game to that?  Geez.

Jason Frudnick as a playable character.  The game needs more Sunsoft and Blaster Master.  ... what?  Can't a guy dream? >>

That's about it, for me.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 05, 2009, 09:39:37 AM
OK RPM, I finished the list that I said I would make a while back of interesting, varied and reasonable newcomers. If any of you feels like being a step ahead of me in terms of my post by post roster battles, click the following spoiler.

[spoiler]1. Mario (Mario Bros.)
2. Luigi (Mario Bros.)
3. Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
4. Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
5. Daisy (Super Mario Land)
6. Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
7. Link (The Legend of Zelda; Boasting a Zelda Wii Look)
8. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda; Boasting a Zelda Wii Look)
9. Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda; Boasting a Zelda Wii Look)
10. Samus / Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
11. Ridley (Metroid)
12. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
13. Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
14. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
15. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
16. Fox (Star Fox)
17. Falco (Star Fox)
18. Wolf (Star Fox)
19. Krystal (Star Fox)
20. Kirby (Kirby)
21. Meta Knight (Kirby)
22. King Dedede (Kirby)
23. Pikachu (Pokemon)
24. Jigglypuff (Pokemon)
25. (Pokemon Rep #3 – Pokemon is really a big unknown for me. Anything they do at this point is up to Nintendo and beyond my ability to speculate, especially since this one is for the Pokemon Trainer's spot)
26. (Pokemon Rep #4 – Same as above but I hope this one is Mewtwo.)
27. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
28. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
29. Ness (Earthbound / MOTHER 2)
30. Lucas (Earthbound 2 / MOTHER 3)
31. Marth (Fire Emblem)
32. Ike/Hector (Fire Emblem)
33. Lyn/Micahah (Fire Emblem)
34. Andy (Advance Wars, but might be better suited for an AT looking at it)
35. Sami (Advance Wars; Same as above)
36. Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)
37. Boshi (Super Mario RPG)
38. Wario (Wario Land/Wario Ware)
39. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
40. Mona/Ashley (Wario Ware)
41. Olimar (Pikmin)
42. Louie (Pikmin)
43. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
44. Issac (Golden Sun)
45. R.O.B. (Gyromite)
46. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
47. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
48. Lip (Panel de Pon)
49. Takamaru (Nazo no Muramejou a.k.a Mystery at Murasame Castle)
50. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
51. Sonic The Hedgehog (SEGA; Sonic The Hedgehog)
52. Megaman (Capcom; Megaman Classic)
53. Solid Snake (Konami; Metal Gear Solid)
54. Travis Touchdown (Marvelous Entertainment; No More Heroes) Joke pick; disregard if necessary. XD
55. Chrono (Chrono Trigger) / Someone more recent from Square-Enix

Fanboyish 3rd Party Stragglers:
- Simon Belmont / Shanoa (Konami; Castlevania)
- Beat (SEGA; Jet Set Radio)
- Viewtiful Joe (Capcom; Viewtiful Joe)

The only holes here that I've kept a note of are:

- The possibility that another Mario rep might be considered (Bowser Jr. -_-) or no to a Mario Bros. six spot roster
- Zelda Wii having a new and Smash worthy character (possibility is high on this one)
- "LOLOLOL RIDLEY IS TEH XBOX1 HUEG" arguements
- DK series "not big enough" to warrant 4 characters; duel between Dixie & K. Rool
- If Star Fox isn't big enough, Krystal vs. Wolf
- My Fire Emblem Trio (Lyn might not make it for sword fighting, however varied it may be. ;____; Ike is damn popular thus negating my "powerful but different" character choice, the axe wielding hector... ;_;)
- Advance Wars might be more niche than expected.
- Boshi while different from Yoshi and completely awesome, falls into the same trap as Geno; copyright hell.
- Captain Syrup might be a relative unknown to most getting AT status at most (;_;); Mona vs. Ashley. Ashley wins in outright interest for female WarioWare rep with a potential for fun moves, but Mona wins outright for popularity.
[/spoiler]

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 05, 2009, 09:40:54 AM
55. Chrono (Chrono Trigger) / Someone more recent from Square-Enix

FS - Luminaire = pure win  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: January 05, 2009, 09:48:13 AM
Okay, now onto Characters.  (This will take some time...)

First off, PUT BACK IN THOSE YOU REMOVED.  I mean, if you're going to have obviously obvious clones anyway, then there was no reason to remove the ones you did.  Especially not Mewtwo, since he wasn't a clone to begin with.  For shame, Ninty. 

For characters I'd like to see in Bitchslap, besides the ones they removed, lets see...

Little Mac
Little Mac would probably be my first choice.  He's a FIGHTER.  LoL, he's pretty much perfect for Smash Bros, and not just for jumping off levels as an Assist Trophy.  It could definitely be done, and should be with the Upcoming Punch Out Wii game. 

Standard B: Charge Punch. 
Limited Power, but can deal decent Knockback.  Obviously hurts more depending on how long you Charge it.
Forward B: Dash Punch. 
Dashes forward and does a cool 1-2 Punch combo.  Useful for a Get-Back move.
Up B: Charge Uppercut. 
Ducks and charges Uppercut.  Longer the charge, higher the Uppercut.  Powerful move, also a get back.
Down B: Guard Counter. 
Similar to Ike's more than Marths.  Basic concept.  Does standard damage.

Final Smash: TKO. 
Similar to Critical Hit.  Dashes forward, catches, instant death.

Daisy
Whereas Peach is our sexy smug Princess (she's SO smug), Daisy could be our athletic representation.  Perhaps garbed in one of her many Sports outfits.  Bitchslap needs more Bitchslappin gals, and I think Daisy has earned a spot.

Standard B: Play Ball. 
Similar to Wolf's Blaster.  Up close, the Bat hits and does decent knockback.  Otherwise, Daisy hits a Baseball straight ahead, which does little damage.
Forward B: Triple Green Shells. 
Like in Mario Kart, Daisy summons a Green Shell Shield around her.  Further Forward/Backward B determines which direction the shells fire in.  Limited Damage and little to no Knockback.
Up B: Daisy's Serve.
Like Captain Falcon's/Ganordorf's Up B, but faster, Daisy jumps upward holding a Tennis Racket.  If she catches someone, she uses her Tennis Racket to knock person down diagonally.
Down B: Soccer Slide. 
Daisy slides along the ground.  If she catches someone, she kicks them like a Soccer Ball, sending them in the opposite direction

Final Smash: Driving Miss Daisy. 
Like Blue Falcon, only the Kart moves straight ahead from one side to the other.  If caught, one gets knocked onto Mario Kart track, then a loud HI, I'M DAISY is shouted before she comes onto screen and hits you. 

Midna/Wolf Link
My guess is that by Bitchslap, we'll possibly see a new Zelda game, but I'd still love for our dear Twilight Princess to get some attention.  However, I think that since Link will most likely be updated for Bitchslap, there's no harm in having her ride Wolf Link, seeing as how the moves are pretty much already there!

Standard B: Midna Grab
Holding B will make Midna's head Hand come out with a small field surrounding them.  If opponents step into the field, Wolf Link & Midna dashes towards each opponent and strikes.  Also used to get back.
Forward B: Dashing Bite
Wolf Link dashes forward and jumps onto opponent and starts biting.  How much damage depends on how many bites you can get off by pressing A.
Up B: Midna Warp
Similar to Zelda's Farore Wind.  Used primarily for a comeback.
Down B: Wolf Spin
Wolf Link does his trademark spin around.  Does decent knockback and damage.

Final Smash: Fused Shadow
Midna calls forth the power of the Fused Shadows and transforms into giant creature.  Midna is Invincible for 10 seconds.  Similar to Giga Bowser.

Mike Jones
The hero of the beloved StarTropics series, Mike Jones is in definite need of a comeback much like Pit & Little Mac. 

Standard B: Island Yo-Yo
The traditional Mike Jones weapon, I'd make it similar to Sheik's chain, just with more distance and more power as well.  While holding B, Mike can swing it around much like Sheik's Chain.  Can be used as Mike's primary Ledge grab as well.
Up B: Anklet
Allows Mike to jump twice his normal distance for a short time.
Down B: Foot Switch
In traditional StarTropics fashion, a Switch appears under Mike Jones and he steps on it.  When he does, a Box opens up and switches his Forward B Item at Random.
Forward B: Bolos, Asterisks, Mirror, Baseball Bat, Katana
Bolos: Thrown straight ahead.  If it hits opponent, it paralyzes them for a split second, like Zero Suit Samus' weapon
Asterisks: Shurikens that do little damage but can be thrown in 8 Directions.
Mirror: Similar to Pit's Mirror Shield, but weaker
Baseball Bat: Standard swing.  Does little damage but decent knockback. (LoL, too many Bats?)
Katana: Standard Swing.  Does little knockback but decent damage.

Final Smash: Ultra Psychic Shockwave
Mike Jones stands where he is and lets loose 10 Powerful Psychic Shockwave balls which you can control their aim and when you fire them.  10 Second Time Limit. 

Dixie Kong
LoL, in yet more effort to get Female Bitchslappers, I think there are few more deserving to be in the Bitchslap than Dixie Kong.  Definitely a classic member of the DK Crew.

Standard B: Hair Roller
Dixie curls up with her hair around her and rolls while you hold B.  Can be done for a limited time.  Similar to Yoshi's Egg.
Forward B: Hair Whip
Dixie rapidly whips her hair forward at opponents.  Similar to Ivysaur's Vine Whip.  Can also grab the ledge.
Up B: Hair Copter
While on the ground, Dixie spins around for a time and can move around while spinning.  While in the Air, Dixie hovers slowly downward, much like Peach's Umbrella & like DKC2.
Down B: Banana Peels
Similar to Diddy Kong's Banana Peels, except she throws them forward.  Like Diddy, she's only allowed two at a time!

Final Smash: Rambi
Dixie releases Rambi from a Box then jumps on top of him and is invincible for 10 seconds.  Hilarity then follows.

Kaptain K.Rool
That's right, I'm opting for Kaptain K.Rool over King K.Rool.  Why?  Because he's a [tornado fang]ing Pirate, that's why.  LoL, no other explanation is really needed! 

Standard B: Blunderbuss
He shoots Cannonballs out of his Blunderbuss Pirate gun.  Cannonballs will randomly be covered with Spikes.
Forward B: Clouds
From his Blunderbuss, K.Rool will shoot out one of three clouds at Random.  Red will slow the opponent down.  Blue will freeze them.  Purple will alter their controls from Left to Right and Visa Versa.
Up B: High Jump
Standard Giant Villain High Jump Ass Stomp.  More similar to Dedede than any others.
Down B: Invisibility
Turns Invisible for a very short time.

Final Smash: Cannonball Run
K.Rool fires numerous Cannonballs into the air and they rain down upon the stage.  Some are spiked.

Akari Hayami
Again, since Bitchslap needs more Female love, I thought to myself, "Self, why not give some much needed love and sex appeal to the hottie from 1080 Snowboarding & Wave Race: Blue Storm?" Well good thinking, PB.  Good thinking!  She would actually use her Snowboard as a weapon, for great Whacking purposes.  She would be kinda combo happy for her moveset, to try and keep with the 1080 & Wave Race spirit. spirit.

Standard B: Snow Wave
Akari would swing her Snowboard forward and create a minor wave of Snow, like how one is created when a Snowboarder stops quickly.  Does more damage if you get hit by the Snowboard
Forward B: Triple Back Flip
A flashy move involving Akari and her Snowboard.  This move is a combo move similar to Marth's Forward B move.  Depending on how you combo it, it will either send the opponent forward or upward.  It sets up for the Down & Up B moves.
Down B: Forward 1080 Spin
Akari will jump on her Snowboard and do a 1080 Spin forward towards an opponent.  This is another Combo move and requires precise movements to do the most damage.  Can be used as a get back move.
Up B: Upward 1080 Spin
Akari will jump on her Snowboard and do a 1080 Spin Upward towards an opponent.  Another Combo move that requires precise movements to do the most damage.  Also is used for coming back.

Final Smash: Half Pipe
Akari will throw her Snowboard like a Boomerang.  Whomever it catches will be knocked into a Half Pipe, and Akari will come racing down on her Snowboard and hit each person individually.  Depending on the trick determines the damage and kill ability.

LoL, okay my brain is fried, so this will do for now.  I'll do more characters later on.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:09 AM
one thing i don't get is how would you be able to play as Ridley? don't get me wrong he's kick-ass but i don't see him really fighting material if someone can explain how he could fight

I suppose you could've said the same thing about Captain Falcon in SSB64, 'specially since he'd never left his machine before that point.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: January 05, 2009, 09:58:57 AM
Two things, one I edited the spoilered post with some reasoning. Second, PB wins my thread for repping two titles in dire need of sequels with one kickass choice (Akari Hayami). Bravo. XD

And yea, my brain is fried as well.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: January 05, 2009, 10:00:17 AM
Great choices and comments PB, but...

Final Smash: Driving Miss Daisy.
Like Blue Falcon, only the Kart moves straight ahead from one side to the other.  If caught, one gets knocked onto Mario Kart track, then a loud HI, I'M DAISY is shouted before she comes onto screen and hits you.

What? No star?

Mirror: Similar to Pit's Mirror Shield, but weaker

Does that include the "turn opponent around if used the same as Counter" effect?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: January 05, 2009, 10:01:30 AM
Also, one last thing, PB, my Mike is better. I'll prove it tomorrow though. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: January 05, 2009, 10:04:59 AM
- Advance Wars might be more niche than expected.

You're not thinking of Japan, where the series has been around since the Famicom days, and was actually called Famicom Wars.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: January 05, 2009, 10:05:27 AM
Two things, one I edited the spoilered post with some reasoning. Second, PB wins my thread for repping two titles in dire need of sequels with one kickass choice (Akari Hayami). Bravo. XD

And yea, my brain is fried as well.

Yeah, I tried to put as much thought into Akari Hayami as possible.  I wanted to add something from Wave Race: Blue Storm into her moves as well, but I couldn't fit it anywhere, so I just stuck with 1080.  LoL, thinking of stuff for her is what fried my brain.

Great choices and comments PB, but...

What? No star?

Does that include the "turn opponent around if used the same as Counter" effect?

LoL, she can be Invincible I guess.  XD

As for the Mirror, I'm not sure.  I don't want to make his Forward B moves TOO powerful, being that he has a variety.

Also, one last thing, PB, my Mike is better. I'll prove it tomorrow though. XD

Haha, I bet it is.  You're more of the StarTropics fanboy than I am.  I look forward to seeing it.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: January 05, 2009, 10:06:47 AM
I think Cranky Kong needs to be in as a Resetti-esque Assist Trophy.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 05, 2009, 10:07:51 AM
You're not thinking of Japan, where the series has been around since the Famicom days, and was actually called Famicom Wars.

Duly noted. But does this mean I should go look up some Famicom Wars protagonists (if any)? I'm game to do this. XD

Haha, I bet it is.  You're more of the StarTropics fanboy than I am.  I look forward to seeing it.

I'll be sure to impress. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: January 05, 2009, 10:09:07 AM
I have more character ideas/movesets that I'm going to post in here as well.  LoL, but it's 4AM.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:34 AM
While we're here, and being the Boktai fanboy I am...

(Original) Django (Bokura no Taiyou series)

A: Punch
AA: Punch, punch
AAA: Punch, punch, punch
>A: Slashes forward with Gram
Smash >: Swings down Mjollnir
^A: Slashes up with Gram
Smash ^: Swings Gungnir around
vA: Kicks
Smash v: Sets one of those magic circles from BnT3. Acts kinda like Snake's Claymores.

B: Fires a shot from the Gun del Sol. If hit from behind, the opponent is momentarily stunned.
B (hold): Spreads energy instead of firing a shot. (Think of the Gundelsol chips in EXE)
>B: Fires a grenade that explodes on contact. Randomly the grenade will be a Rising Sun grenade that will stun the opponent.
^B: Rotates while spreading solar energy. The direction Django moves is controlled by the player for about 1 or 2 seconds.
vB: Django uses the Spear frame. Energy explodes from the Gun del Sol, knocking the opponent back.

Final Smash: Django points forward, if the opponent is in range, he'll get trapped in a coffin. Django then summons the Piledriver and purifies the opponent.

^Taunt: Extends his arm upwards and gathers solar energy. If he's in a dark place, he'll fail to gather energy.
>Taunt: Otenko appears and gives Django a hint.
vTaunt: Django says "the Sun will rise tomorrow."

EDIT
Almost forgot the alt. colors/costumes.

Red/Orange (fire): Adds the fire element to his attacks (pnly for cosmetic purpouses of course).
Blue (ice): Adds the ice element to his attacks.
Green (earth): Adds the earth element to his attacks.
Grey (moon): His attacks turn grey, like if he was using the moon lenses.
Purple/Sabata: Adds the darkness element to his attacks; his Gun del Sol is now the Gun del Hell.
Vampire Django: Blue skin, brown hair, and his bandana covers his eyes. Smoke comes out from his body during his specials, FS, and in stages during the day.

Duly noted. But does this mean I should go look up some Famicom Wars protagonists (if any)? I'm game to do this. XD

No freaking idea XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #89 on: January 05, 2009, 07:24:30 PM
Hey, PB, nice thoughts on Kaptain K.Rool.  I like the way you think. 8)

- Boshi while different from Yoshi and completely awesome, falls into the same trap as Geno; copyright hell.
Boshi is an obvious derivative work from Yoshi, so I think Nintendo could fairly safely win any argument there.  Geno is Square's copyright, but Nintendo got permission for a Superstar Saga cameo, so I'm sure they could work him into Smash if they really wanted to.

Okay, time for my characters post.  We'll start with tweaks that existing characters could use.

Ganondorf and Captain Falcon-
Well, you all know what I'm going to say: Original move set for Ganondorf.  I don't have full details worked out, but one move that NEEDS to be in there is the old "bouncy projectile" move, passed to other characters by hitting it with an A button attack.  Make it chargeable, too (but only one per Ganondorf onscreen).  Can you imagine how awesome that would be in a 4-player match?
However, having a clone that's not in the same weight range (Fox/Falco) does introduce a significant change in play style, that ought to be preserved.  So I'm thinking introduce Black Shadow and have him play as the "old" Falcon-clone Ganondorf.  Final Smashes aside, of course.  Ganondorf needs the OoT Beast Ganon, I don't care if ZOMG IT CLASHES WITH TWILIGHT PRINCESS, it's the best Beast Ganon, period, and half the fanbase would kill to see it in a greater-than-N64 model.  Black Shadow can have ye olde run-over-opponent-with-racer, a cruel finish like that is more suited for him than Captain Falcon.  And what's Captain Falcon's?
Well, do you need to ask?  The Blue Falcon could still be part of the setup, have it trip up the target character, and/or have it as his platform from the top of the screen to jump down and raise hell.

Ike-
Let's see, Ike with a spiffy fire theme throw in, what could possibly have been forgotten?  Oh yeah, he's the Hero of BLUE Flames.  Apparently Sakurai never got to the end of Radiant Dawn.  Speaking of which, the whole Yune-vibe over his entire body (as opposed to just the sword) needs to be part of his Final Smash.  Sure, this is all purely cosmetic, but dammit, it's just the way it should be.

Fox/Falco/Wolf-
We only need one Landmaster.  Wolf could whip out a rocket launcher (I'm thinking SF64; never saw ground action in Assault).  For Falco, I figure something like this:
ROB64: Great Fox will cover you.
Falco: I guess I should be thankful.

Falco continues to move normally, while the Great Fox (SF64 style) fires its SH*#! in front of Falco from behind the camera.  

Mario/Luigi-
STOP NERFING THE FIREBALLS!!!  With all the Brawl characters who have broken projectiles (Fox trio, Pit, and Zelda, to name a few), there is NO REASON a fireball's range should cap out at seven feet. >_<
Mario currently lacks a proper downward midair attack.  If FLUDD stays, then Mario Tornado should be a downward throw, so as not to compromise the rest of his attacks.
Ugh, where to begin on Luigi?  Luigi started awesome in 64 and just got worse with each title.  First of all bequeath to Sakurai a boot to the head, and command that he stop treating the man in green as the game's WTF character.  Above all the Fire Jump Punch shall be returned to N64 glory, with lateral movement and no extended hang-time, and there shall be no more smacking enemies with his butt.  Green Missile should be axed, maybe for a vacuum attack.  If he sucks up a character he can use them in the bag as a throwing item (distance depends on damage).
And Final Smash, that has to go, but maybe we can settle for a little weirdness.  I'm thinking an NES SMB reference.  Have a bridge appear at Luigi's elevation, and Luigi whips out an axe (for some reason the "Now, I'm-a-moving!" voice clip jumps out at me), and strikes with it to collapse the bridge, complete with NES sound effects and jingle.  All characters not hit by the axe itself (instant KO if you are) fall straight down while panicking.  If you land on solid ground, you're merely have to get back up ala a trip or face-plant.  But if not, KO.
Shouldn't we keep a weirdo dancing Final Smash?  Hm, perhaps.  And I think I know just who to give it to.

Mewtwo-
BRING HIM BACK!!!  I wouldn't care if he saw no adjustments whatsoever, however, Confusion could stand to actually change projectile ownership (so that you can hit the attacker).  Disappearing for the sidestep-dodge would be cool too, to help boost his unpredictability.
For Final Smash, I'm thinking of some movie homeage.  Remember that psychic fire stream?  While that charges up have him call the line "Do not test the limits of my power!"  Fire once in any direction with the control stick (alternatively, tap B to instead unleash a shorter range omnidirectional burst, just in case anyone's trying to run circles around you).  Much pain.

Now for the newbies:

Daisy
Up B: Daisy's Serve.
Like Captain Falcon's/Ganordorf's Up B, but faster, Daisy jumps upward holding a Tennis Racket.  If she catches someone, she uses her Tennis Racket to knock person down diagonally.
Hey, you stole/renamed that one from me! :P
Unlike Peach, Daisy didn't wait for Smash to bitchslap Bowser.  One simply CANNOT deny the tomboy princess's potential in this game.
No offense, PB, but I do have my own ideas for moves:
B - Heart Shield.  If it by a projectile, it becomes Daisy's to use ONCE.  If hit by a thrown item, Daisy automatically catches it.  If hit by a flying character, they are stopped and lightly tossed into the air, with full control and all jumps restored.
Smash B - Super Ball.  Remember this from Mario Land?  Daisy fires an energy ball downward that ricochets off the ground and walls for a while (be sure to apply a nice flowery effect).
Down B - Bomb Koopa.  Daisy whips one of these critters out of hammerspace and tosses it.  Only minor damage initially, but they'll explode after a set time, or if attacked.
Up B - Tennis Serve.  Daisy leaps into the air, raquet in hand, and if she catches an enemy, launches them diagonally up, straight ahead, or diagonally down.  The lower the angle, the shorter time the enemy is stunned, and the shorter time Daisy "hangs" in the air while performing the move.
Up Taunt - *punches the air* "Yeah!"
Side Taunt - *waves at the screen* "Hi, I'm Daisy!"
Down Taunt - *runs her hand through her hair and laughs*
Final Smash - Warpath.  "Outta my way!" Daisy rushes forward and smacks her opponent, causing an automatic Star-KO off the top of the screen.

Ridley
He needs to be in, and there's no reason he couldn't be, end of discussion.  We need somebody who isn't a Samus derivative, and besides the title critters and Samus herself, Ridley is the obvious next most recognizable character.  Make sure his moves include pogo-sticking with his tail.

Little Mac
PB's moveset rocks, but I'm thinking of a Final Smash with a bit more NES whoring.  Have him star-uppercut an enemy, doing severe damage (40% maybe), and land on a platform over a pit.  10-count, if they fail to mash enough buttons to get up (tougher with more damage), the platform collapses and they're KOed.  Random but unlikely events include TKO (instant platform collapse) and failure to get up (count pauses, character moves to get up but falls back down, count continues).  Lots of classic SFX are a must.

Fierce Deity Link
I don't care of it's a skin swap, a clone, a Final Smash, or an original character.  Somehow, some way, Fierce Deity Link needs to be in the player's hands.

Midna
Whether solo or with Wolf Link, I want to see this gal kick some tail.  Once again, PB's moves work wonders

And finally, hopeful third party additions.

MegaMan Trigger
I can rant and rave about Classic, X, and ZX, but my Legends fanboy will not forgive me for not giving Trigger the upper hand.  Besides, half of Capcom's staff is looking for a reason to boost Trigger's popularity.  If Melee got Fire Emblem into the U.S., I think Bitchslap can work wonders for Trigger and co.
B - Buster Gun.  Obvious necessity.  Tap B repeatedly to fire up to 3 shots before having to take a momentary break.
Smash B - Drill Arm.  Breaks shields.  You move foreward slightly while using, which can aid recovery.
Down B - Buster Cannon.  Charge up and fire.  Can adjust your aim up to 45 degrees in either direction.
Up B - Beam Blade Arm.  Jump into the air and drop back down, slashing both ways.  Kinda like Kirby's, except slower, longer range, and no wave.
Final Smash - Hyper Shell.  Take a shot, and if you hit something (character, container, other destructible stuff), the massive explosion works like a Smart Bomb on steroids (Trigger immune).  A character hit directly by the shell will take even more damage.

Rabbid
What can I say, the Raving Rabbids are freaking hilarious, and seeings how they were some of the earliest and strongest 3rd party support for the Wii, I think the bunnies have earned a spot.  Due to short limbs, they can use a random item (spatula, plunger, banana, etc.) as a weapon, changed with each skin swap.
B - Plunger Gun.  Press once to take aim, and again to fire.
Smash B - Stuff Yourself.  Eat an item, recover health.  Eat a player, scream at your stretched body, and belch them back up.
Down B - Melon Volleyball.  Spike a watermelon towards the ground (jump up if used on the ground).  A successful hit leaves the melon stuck on the victim's head for a while.  Hit the ground, and it becomes slippery for a bit.
Up B - Bunnies Can't Fly.  Stap on an explosive belt, and fire yourself into the air.  You do damage during the entire flight path (more during the initial blast), and can bounce along the ground up to three times (press an attack button to stop early), but you're left face-planted after landing.
Up Taunt - Rabbid hops up and down a few times, waving arms and rambling.
Side Taunt - *hold weapon in the air*  "BWAAAAAAAAH!!!"
Down Taunt - But! They! Can! Dance!
Final Smash - Bunnies Like Surprises.  Rabbid laughs as a plunger from off-screen lands on him, sticking to his face.  Panicking and muffled screams abound, the Rabbid runs around frantically (you steer him, and can double-jump, but cannot stop), doing severe damage with the plunger handle.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:02:02 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 05, 2009, 07:36:09 PM
No offense, PB, but I do have my own ideas for moves:

LoL, absolutely none taken.  The whole purpose of this is for idea discussion.  I look forward to Jelly's take on Mike Jones.

Little Mac
PB's moveset rocks, but I'm thinking of a Final Smash with a bit more NES whoring.  Have him star-uppercut an enemy, doing severe damage (40% maybe), and land on a platform over a pit.  10-count, if they fail to mash enough buttons to get up (tougher with more damage), the platform collapses and they're KOed.  Random events include TKO (instant platform collapse) and failure to get up (count pauses, character moves to get up but falls back down, count continues).  Lots of classic SFX are a must.

Thanx!   8)

Fierce Deity Link
I don't care of it's a skin swap, a clone, a Final Smash, or an original character.  Somehow, some way, Fierce Deity Link needs to be in the player's hands.

Oh, I have something planned for him.  I'll post it later!

Midna
Whether solo or with Wolf Link, I want to see this gal kick some tail.

I liked mine!   8D

The one I'm most proud of is Akari from 1080.  LoL, I don't think anyone else thought of her.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: January 05, 2009, 07:50:10 PM
MegaMan Trigger
I can rant and rave about Classic, X, and ZX, but my Legends fanboy will not forgive me for not giving Trigger the upper hand.  Besides, half of Capcom's staff is looking for a reason to boost Trigger's popularity.  If Melee got Fire Emblem into the U.S., I think Bitchslap can work wonders for Trigger and co.
B - Buster Gun.  Obvious necessity.  Tap B repeatedly to fire up to 3 shots before having to take a momentary break.
Smash B - Drill Arm.  Breaks shields.  You move foreward slightly while using, which can aid recovery.
Down B - Buster Cannon.  Charge up and fire.  Can adjust your aim up to 45 degrees in either direction.
Up B - Beam Blade Arm.  Jump into the air and drop back down, slashing both ways.  Kinda like Kirby's, except slower, longer range, and no wave.
Final Smash - Hyper Shell.  Take a shot, and if you hit something (character, container, other destructible stuff), the massive explosion works like a Smart Bomb on steroids (Trigger immune).  A character hit directly by the shell will take even more damage.

I think something like his Tatsunoko VS Capcom version would be better. Have his vB change the weapon he uses for his >B.

Rabbid
What can I say, the Raving Rabbids are freaking hilarious, and seeings how they were some of the earliest and strongest 3rd party support for the Wii, I think the bunnies have earned a spot.  Due to short limbs, they can use a random item (spatula, plunger, banana, etc.) as a weapon, changed with each skin swap.
B - Plunger Gun.  Press once to take aim, and again to fire.
Smash B - Stuff Yourself.  Eat an item, recover health.  Eat a player, scream at your stretched body, and belch them back up.
Down B - Melon Volleyball.  Spike a watermelon towards the ground (jump up if used on the ground).  A successful hit leaves the melon stuck on the victim's head for a while.  Hit the ground, and it becomes slippery for a bit.
Up B - Bunnies Can't Fly.  Stap on an explosive belt, and fire yourself into the air.  You do damage during the entire flight path (more during the initial blast), and can bounce along the ground up to three times (press an attack button to stop early), but you're left face-planted after landing.
Up Taunt - Rabbid hops up and down a few times, waving arms and rambling.
Side Taunt - *hold weapon in the air*  "BWAAAAAAAAH!!!"
Down Taunt - But! They! Can! Dance!
Final Smash - Bunnies Like Surprises.  Rabbid laughs as a plunger from off-screen lands on him, sticking to his face.  Panicking and muffled screams abound, the Rabbid runs around frantically (you steer him, and can double-jump, but cannot stop), doing severe damage with the plunger handle.

Have them enter the stage in yellow submarines and it's perfect XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: January 05, 2009, 07:56:09 PM
Have his vB change the weapon he uses for his >B.

We could include the same attacks and more.  THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!

Have them enter the stage in yellow submarines and it's perfect XD
Much agreed. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: January 05, 2009, 07:59:50 PM
OK guys, I'm just chiming in really quickly to say that I'm going to try and chop my "gargantuan list of fanservice" down a bit. I'll also post a revamped Daisy & Mike Jones in a bit. 8)

Offline The Blind Archer

• Self-proclaimed jack-of-all-trades of art in training
  • Robot Master
  • I use localised names
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem New Dawn
Reply #94 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:53 PM
32. Ike/Hector (Fire Emblem)
33. Lyn/Micahah (Fire Emblem)

A couple things to point out here:

First off, Sakurai's trend with Fire Emblem characters has been Marth + Newest main lord character in the series; Marth for being the first Lord in the series, and someone to represent the latest game(s)  In the case of Brawl, that was Ike.  He had also mentioned at one point that he only wanted two FE stars in Brawl, which is why Roy was cut.  A new game may be mean more characters from a series, but of your list, Micaiah is the most likely on your list for that reason, though we'll most likely get Sigurd, the lead from FE4 (Sakurai had mentioned that Sigurd was his favorite character in the series, if I recall correctly).

Also, I'd say that Eliwood has a greater chance of becoming playable in a Smash Bros game.  Why?  He's FE7's MAIN character.  Hector and Lyn are co-stars (yes they are, Hector just goes along to help his schoolmate and Lyn was just a tutorial; it's Eliwood's game).  I'm not a fan of either of them because Lyn's pretty much FE's version of every generic fictional female lead with a sword and Hector can't control his anger, but a trend I've noticed in the FE fandom is that stats are all that matters. >_>  Still, it's some food for thought; if Eli didn't become playable, the chances that his costars will be even smaller.

Just my two cents.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 05, 2009, 08:57:37 PM
Bear in mind that what Sakurai says may not go for Bitchslap.  Even by the time of Brawl he was a freelancer, Nintendo just strong-armed him (lazy development threats) into the team because they really, really wanted him.  I doubt he would turn his back on the series, but you never know.  He may just decide that he is, whenever Bitchslap rolls around, unable to dedicate the amount of time and energy that the project needs.

Regardless of such I think Sakurai needs to loosen up on his Fire Emblem trends.  That pattern you mentioned is what gets us flooded with swordsmen, and as awesome as Marth, Ike, and Roy are, Fire Emblem has far, far more variety to offer than just that.  Would it be so horrible to add a lackey or two (and there is NO BUSINESS holding a series to a 2-slot limit after that Fox triplet stunt)?  Zelda may have the magic department covered, which is why I have doubts as to how much Micaiah would contribute, but nobody in Smash uses an axe, lance, staff, or outside of Final Smashes, inhuman transformation.  Now it's true that once you open that pandora's box for a series as massive in content as Fire Emblem, everyone and their dog will always have their own never-ending character requests.  Still, the level of missed potential is huge.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:43 PM
Shelly: concerning Daisy's Up B, i'm actually trying to remember if i borrowed from you or you borrowed from me. our Neutral Bs are sort of similar, too.

concerning Ike, i think he'll stay becuase he's one of the few lords to be featured in two games.

Jerry: tbh, your list does have some silly options. as much as i love Mo More Heroes, Travis will never be in there unless NMH2 gets ultra popular. which won't happen; the games are almost designed to be niche. anything from Square Enix barring Geno would be way too expensive to get in the game. i'd doubt they'd allow anything. they're still butthurt over the Playstation. Boshi just isn't a good choice due to cloneliness. same goes for Louie, as well as Pikmin is way too unpopular.

you're ditching some people too, and for unclear reasons. why are you ditching Toon Link? and why are you looking to replace PT and Lucario? PT represents Pokemon's roots, and Lucario is too damn popular. besides, Pokemon's big enough to have more than 4 slots. and i assume you just looked over Pit and IC accidentally.

then again, this slot mindset isn't good. don't worry so much about the series the characters come from. worry about the characters themselves, and how they'd play. i'd rather have a diversity in playstyles than "equal" representation from each series.

speaking of how they play, that does explain my picks and why i disagree with some of yours. for example, the Wario characters. Syrup is an idea that could work, but i can't imagine anything working for Mona or Ashley.

i should lengthen out my list with some reasonings. but only after i can formulate movesets for Saki and Captain N.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: January 05, 2009, 09:03:08 PM
i'd rather have a diversity in playstyles than "equal" representation from each series.

Tis why I threw in Akari!  XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: January 05, 2009, 09:06:08 PM
speaking of how they play, that does explain my picks and why i disagree with some of yours. for example, the Wario characters. Syrup is an idea that could work, but i can't imagine anything working for Mona or Ashley.

Remember, just because you can't it doesn't mean someone else can't. I've actually seen a decent moveset for Ashley. Also, Captain Falcon.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: January 05, 2009, 09:10:36 PM
don't use that argument. Captain Falcon was barely ever seen outside the Blue Falcon prior to Smash. we've already seen Syrup and Mona and Ashley in action.

actually, i'm going to need help making movesets for Saki and Captain N. i just don't know enough about those series.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.