Base > News and Announcements

Mega Man Legacy Collection coming to PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4 & Nintendo 3DS

(1/19) > >>

VixyNyan:
It has been confirmed, after a long hiatus of no new games for our dear Blue Bomber, that a collection called "Mega Man Legacy Collection" will be showing up in North America and Europe regions on Windows PC (Steam), Xbox One and Playstation 4 sometime this summer and on Nintendo 3DS later this winter. A trailer for this collection has also been posted for viewing.

http://youtu.be/yVfeUq5TmQs

It has been stated that this collection of ported games will be remastered in 1080p with bunch of in-game content and will be sold digitally for $14.99 USD / £11.99 GBP. The collection will be developed by Digital Eclipse Software, the studio that worked on the Sega Genesis Collection in the past.

The collection will consist of the first six Mega Man games from the NES, similar to what Capcom has done before with the Complete Works releases on PS1, as well as the Mega Man Anniversary Collection by Atomic Planet, but without MM7, MM8, Power Battle and Power Fighters.

The collection will also have various game features in it, like Challenge Mode, Leaderboards, Replays, Database and Museum. The Challenge Mode will have a mix of trials and challenges for each game, like example fighting against the robot masters one after another or play through every level with only one life bar. And as such, your performance will be uploaded to online leaderboards and store replays for other player to look at. The Database will allow you to look at enemies and bosses, and also have you practice playing against these bosses without having to play through the whole level first. Museum will have history, high resolution artwork, sketches and other image materials that you can look at from the lore of Mega Man.

Sources:
Capcom-Unity
Polygon

Amatiramisu:
Honestly, not impressed. At all. Seems like a lazy cashgrab. Not to mention the Anniversary collection was basically the same thing except with more actual game and less art we've seen before.

Sakura Leic:
Unfortunately I agree, I mean sure it's nice for the people who don't don't have the games and allows them to get a bundle of games for a cheaper price, but most people already have these games in one format or another.  Leader Boards don't really make people want to spend more money on something they already have and most people can see the art and information on the database with a simple internet search.

I mean the Challenge Mode sounds nice, but it's not enough of a draw for people to buy this in my opinion.  I think the main problem is that they released this too late.

HokutoNoBen:
Alas, poor Wii U and Vita.  8D

Granted, at least in the case of the Wii U, there's no shortage of Virtual Console releases. But even so...

Nexus:
Good thing I never got any of the NES Mega Man games on the 3DS incase I ever consider this.
But considering I can play all the games pixel perfect on my PC already and everything else about this collection is probably superfluous stuff I can find on the internet, it's really hard to care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version