The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230427

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4700 on: February 07, 2016, 04:20:30 AM
(Gotcha, I guess I can post next then to add a little bit of filler before the next post.  Just want to wait a bit since I'm a little under the weather at the moment.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4701 on: February 07, 2016, 11:14:39 AM
(Xhaiden, I hope your character is worth while, because Blue isn't the only one having trouble with keeping track of everything. We have way too many people.)

(I'll try to meet your expectations.)

(Not at all. Nothing I can do until the harpy's grounded.)

(My last post there was intended to set up that exact scenario. Should happen VERY soon. Hopefully.)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4702 on: February 07, 2016, 12:17:43 PM
(I'll try to meet your expectations.)

(Excellent. Make me proud, kid.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4703 on: February 07, 2016, 05:34:23 PM
(You got it.  8)

I had a couple neat ideas on how to alter Bell and Leo's backstories for this particular RP, but I'll need to wait until the main party retires for the night before I can implement any of 'em. This is gonna be fun.)

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #4704 on: February 08, 2016, 02:41:53 PM
(Ayy, uh... I'm actually going to be including plenty of melee-happy spells in Caetlynn's arsenal. She already has Blade Summon, too, and if she summons something she can't handle outside of the initial summoning (such as a Buster Sword or something, which she gets a ten second period of mastery of it until she drops it for being too heavy) she can easily hand it off to anyone else strong enough.

Other than that, as I said to Uncle Why, I have FTAC classes to attend, and I have CDCs that are long overdue to complete, heheh. I'll see if I can't post during class or something. Otherwise, I can 100% post Friday... if you really want to wait on me, anyways...)

what

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4705 on: February 08, 2016, 04:20:39 PM
(Calien would probably be strong enough to handle the Buster Sword.)

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4706 on: February 09, 2016, 03:43:28 AM
"I like her boots," Caetlynn chimed in, smiling. "They're kinda like mine, although maybe less stylish." At this point, others may have noticed that the footwear in question was also of strange material, possibly armor. It was, at least visibly, the only armor she wore. The bottom of the boots were blackened, possibly from fire, but not necessarily fire that was ejected from the boot... rather, some sort of flame source that remained under it for an extended period of time. They also sported white wing details on them. The boots possibly did fly at one point, but from wear and tear, as well as a magical analysis, they appeared to have run its course and no longer function. The right boot's heel also had a small stain of blood, probably from performing an act similar to the newcomer's.

what

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4707 on: February 11, 2016, 05:20:11 PM
((So how does everyone feel about me continuing the DM the main story and plot progression but every player handle their own stories-introducing things when you think it's a good time? Obviously you can PM me to discuss stuff but with so many people playing now there is no way I can remember everything and juggle so many back stories.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4708 on: February 11, 2016, 05:27:39 PM
(I'm totally all for that.)

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4709 on: February 12, 2016, 12:30:12 AM
(Isn't that basically how Wilypocalypse runs? I'm cool with it.)

what

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4710 on: February 12, 2016, 12:35:17 AM
(So if I'm understanding this correctly, you're in charge of the overarching plot and all the important-to-the-group events, but individual character arcs are down to the people writing them?

Sounds good to me. Though, as I mentioned in an earlier post, getting my character's story underway is dependant on everyone else retiring for the night. Once that's done, I can write everything up a point where she can logically join the group. When she joins is down to everyone else, I guess.

By that, I mean it'll make sense after I post it. Hopefully.  ;) )

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4711 on: February 12, 2016, 02:06:33 AM
(Isn't that basically how Wilypocalypse runs? I'm cool with it.)

In a way but I'm still in charge of the primary plot-World Building is mostly my job here; the party has a main quest their own right now basically.

(So if I'm understanding this correctly, you're in charge of the overarching plot and all the important-to-the-group events, but individual character arcs are down to the people writing them?

Sounds good to me. Though, as I mentioned in an earlier post, getting my character's story underway is dependant on everyone else retiring for the night. Once that's done, I can write everything up a point where she can logically join the group. When she joins is down to everyone else, I guess.

By that, I mean it'll make sense after I post it. Hopefully.  ;) )

Yeah again I run the RP's main story-side stories and personal character plots are player dependent-although I'm more than happy to try and work it in to current events.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4712 on: February 12, 2016, 05:47:51 AM
"Maybe-there isn't much of value in my room anyway, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt." Aya shrugs. "Salem I have to ask-how DID you become a staff anyway-if you don't mind me asking."

"Oh boy, it's gonna be one of those days, huh..." Salem grumbled, insinuating this wasn't the first time someone inquired about his past, nor would it be the last.

"...! Story time?" Pema exclaimed suddenly as she raised her legs onto the chair seat and huddled her knees close to her chest, feeling to need to get comfortable for a "bedtime story".

"You already know how I became the being I am today." Salem stated.

"Mm-hm, I know, but it's never a bad time for a story!" She chirped happily, a bit of gravy on her cheek.

He chuckled lightly. "Napkin."

"Napkin?"

"Napkin."

"Oh, gotcha." As if they had their own secret language, she brushed her cheek with a finger after finally noticing the gravy and extended out her arm for napkins resting on the table.

Salem began. "Anyway, I'll mainly be going by bullet points here. To answer your question, Fxeni, yes, I used be a barkeep when I was... well, a person. I also held another position as a traveling agriculturalist. This was, of course, in Pema's village, but I didn't live there, so you may be able to surmise how cumbersome it was to commute back and forth between residences; particularly because the weather was unusually frigid."

"Super frigid!" Pema proclaimed to the group with a dramatic raise of her arms, then focused her attention back to the story.

"Indeed." He continued. "The pay kept a roof over my head, and most of the people there were kind and courteous, so I'm not really in the position to complain. However... that's not to say I never got involved with a dangerous organization during my ignorant years. I didn't believe in their radical causes, but I just felt... lost. Life hasn't treated me particularily well. Heh, they say karma is a [sonic slicer] and I suppose I'm living proof of that. Bartending and managing crops is a living, though I was just barely scraping by. Let's just say that I knew some very sensitive information about that organization and traded it for money to keep my future financially sound... And you can probably guess what happens next."

Pema became silent and her body language conveyed that she knew this part all too well.

Salem spoke again after a brief pause. "A few men from the organization broke into my home and kidnapped me. The entire time I was blindfolded, the only thing that ran through my mind was my life until that moment. The choices I've made, the people I've bonded with... Truthfully, all anyone can do in a moment like that is to cling to life in the face of death. I knew what was coming. I was terrified out of my mind, but there had to be consequences."

She cradled her arms around her knees tighter and pressed the crumpled napkin against the corners of her eyes.

"When they removed my blindfold, I was standing in front of a strange altar." He exclaimed in a lower voice. "Men in purple hoods circled around me with daggers. And that- that is when he revealed who he really was. A Runemaster from the village disguised himself as one of these men and confronted the leader. Some went to fend him off and a couple others threw me onto the altar, planning to finish what they came to do. I caught glimpses of the Runemaster from the corner of my eye, trying his best to fight them off with truly amazing spells and abilities... But he was an elderly man and was quickly overwhelmed by their numbers. I desperately struggled to break free, but it was no use. A hooded man raised a dagger above me and... and jammed it through my stomach."

Pema shivered and squirmed in her seat, tugging on her hat's ear flaps.

"Through what little strength I had left, I twisted my head towards him and noticed a sizeable gash across his chest. He extinguished most of them, including the man who stabbed me, but some ran away. I rolled off the altar and fell to the ground. We were both losing blood. He crawled to me and asked for my name, then he asked questions about my family life, my personal ideologies, and how I became involved with this organization. It felt like... a test. In return, he told me his name - Tälja. Then he became quiet. Real quiet. His eyes flickered open in short intervals and he told me of a way to keep living, however, at a cost. My soul would have to be severed from my body and breath anew within his staff. I was quickly losing consciousness, and had no strength to protest that he should live on instead. He must've seen the hesitation in my eyes, as he assured me that he has already lived a long life. The staff Tälja used was one he personally handcrafted for his daughter during her battle with a severe illness at a very young age. Unfortunately, weeks later, she succumbed to her ailment."

Salem pauses again, as if to respect the Runemaster's sacrifice. Pema gently holds the staff and smiles softly. "I'm sure she was a very brave girl."

"Yeah, I'm sure she was." Salem replied and picked up from where he left off. "So, then he... Tälja chanted a spell with the last of his energy. My body was completely numb by that point and before my vision went blank, I could see his staff floating above me as the light enveloped my body. When I awoke, the first thing I noticed was that I was living inside... well, you know..."

She nodded solemnly and tightened her grip on Salem. "So much for only bullet points, huh?" She laughed slightly.

"Oh, right... Haha, yeah, I guess I got a little carried away."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:10:48 AM by Phi »

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4713 on: February 12, 2016, 06:15:37 AM
Aya's expression becomes serious "I-I had no idea, it must have been horrible; imprisoning a soul onto an object-it was a crime only inflicted on the most hated of our enemies back during my time; perhaps death would have been a kinder fate?" Aya shakes her head "I'm sorry-it's not my place to say-but I must ask-how did you and Pema meet after this...incident?" Aya leaned forward on the table resting her face on her hands.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4714 on: February 12, 2016, 06:44:20 AM
Ear pressed against the door, the thief-assassin took a moment, sighed, and backed away. The commotion from the other woman's arrival woke her up with a hell of a headache, but the noise of the story wafted its way to the room, and she couldn't help but listen in. She had heard enough. Good enough on the information front. She could play with the details later. She went back to bed with a groan.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4715 on: February 12, 2016, 10:14:25 AM
(Oho....I'm liking the backstory there. Interesting.....)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4716 on: February 13, 2016, 01:41:47 AM
Fxeni nodded attentively as he listened to Salem speak, taking a break from his drink during the tale. He hadn't wanted to inquire too deeply into his past, but he paid attention now that it was being detailed. As the story ended, he took a quick sip of his drink as he gathered his thoughts.

"Thanks for telling us that. For what it's worth, you handle your... position... rather well," Fxeni said with a smile.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4717 on: February 13, 2016, 02:04:28 AM
"Wow I had a feeling you weren't exactly sealed in there of your own will but I didn't think the events could have been so grisly."  Sakura stated with a look of disgust from the imagined gore.

Calien in the mean time looked really pale and Sakura looked worried.

"Daddy you okay, you're acting strange.   Well okay stranger than you are normally." Sakura questioned. 

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting something so macabre." Calien shuddered.

"Oh yeah you mentioned altars kind of freaked you out before, is that why?" Sakura pondered.

"Something like that......I'm just wondering why they went to such length just to silence someone." Calien muttered as he took a large sip of his water.

(Guess you can say certain occult stuff such as ritual sacrifices creeps him the hell out, even though it probably was just murder and not a ritual sacrifice it sure as hell sounds like one.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4718 on: February 13, 2016, 06:57:29 AM
Aya's expression becomes serious "I-I had no idea, it must have been horrible; imprisoning a soul onto an object-it was a crime only inflicted on the most hated of our enemies back during my time; perhaps death would have been a kinder fate?" Aya shakes her head "I'm sorry-it's not my place to say-but I must ask-how did you and Pema meet after this...incident?" Aya leaned forward on the table resting her face on her hands.

Pema tapped a finger against her chin and smiled. "Hmm, actually, me and Salem knew each from before the incident. Whenever I visited the tavern, he used to make me this really awesome root beer float and it had just the right amount of ice cream and syrup! It was like nothing I've ever tried before! But sadly, I couldn't visit too often because kids weren't really allowed during the late hours, and the root beer floats were only being served around that time."

Salem laughed. "Oh man, I definitely remember that. Particularly the way you asked for the dessert with a bright grin and the one baby tooth missing. Do you remember the words you said to me when you ordered?"

Pema nodded. "Root beer floats my boat!" She giggled and playfully rocked in her chair as she reminisced.

"Yep, that'd be the one." Salem replied. "But anyway, that was when we first met. We didn't have the opportunity to know each other well, aside from our names. The manager was against having children in the tavern, which was ultimately for the best given the vulgar and... abrasive customers we often had."

She rose up from her seat. "Suddenly! Fast forward to 4 years in the future! The Fateful Encounter!" She exclaimed out loud.

"... Pema, what are you doing?" He asked.

She turned and looked at him. "Building suspense. Don't worry about me, you're doing great out there!"

"Heh, I never would have never presumed that someone in my current state would be telling stories. In any case," He continued, "A few years have elapsed, and by then, I had already taken this new form. I was in search for a host; a person who could find a way to mend my soul into a new body. One day, I heard the cries of a beastly creature in the distance. Flying through the trees and bushes, I came across a forest clearing - then I saw a familiar sight. Pema was fighting off a gigantic wyvern with a staff supplied by the Runemaster Guild. For just a beginner, she was remarkably talented in spell casting and quite agile; however, the wyvren was much faster and a swing from its tail nearly caused her staff to break in half. That's when I intervened and offered my services. Given the dire situation, she was in no position to question who I was, so she wielded my power and fought with renewed strength."

She nodded. "Whenever I'm using Salem, I can feel the staff's mana flow and it amplifies my magic! I didn't know who he was at first, but it was much better than using that flimsy old staff the headmasters gave Runemaster recruits."

"You know, I think it was at that moment that I knew I found the one who would fight alongside me; at least for the time being." Salem conceded, "After she defeated the wyvern, I explained who I was and she seemed quite ecstatic to help me. That being said, we haven't exactly been, uh, successful in our efforts thus far. However, little did I know that I would end up forming a deep bond with Pema. We've traveled the world in search for answers, trained so Pema could become stronger, made friends-"

"Ate lots of exotic delicacies!" She held her face, which was filled with absolute bliss.

"Ahaha, yeah, I think we're frighteningly aware of that. It's been an amazing journey. And for that, I would not trade for the world."

Pema planted a hand over her mouth and then hugged him tight. "Awwwwww, Saleeeeem..."

"Geez... I probably should've expected this." He chuckled sheepishly.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4719 on: February 18, 2016, 02:30:52 AM
(Okay some stuff I don't really want to get into has been preventing me from pushing forward so Friday I'm advancing the story regardless of what people are talking about-so lets try and wrap up stuff before then, sorry for the long period of inactivity---again.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4720 on: February 18, 2016, 03:16:31 AM
(Things happen. Don't worry about it. *pats*)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4721 on: February 18, 2016, 03:26:04 AM
((Thanks for understanding.  :)  ))

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4722 on: February 18, 2016, 09:37:17 AM
(Hey, no worries. Personal issues have taken me off site for months at a time before, so it's no problem at all, believe me.

Pushing the story forward is fine. Depending on how it goes I might edit the post I have written to be more flashback than present happenings, but I think I can get it to work. I'll save the details, but what I've basically got is my character acting once the main group/party has gone to bed, then leaving things open for a potential recruitment the following day. Hopefully.

If that's alright with you. )

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4723 on: February 18, 2016, 09:54:53 AM
(Feel free to proceed. I don't have anything I could possibly add in right now.)

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4724 on: February 18, 2016, 04:15:48 PM
(I've been waiting on bedtime, clearly.)