The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230886

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4675 on: January 07, 2016, 07:12:11 AM
"... We'll need to keep an eye on her, at any rate. I've been around enough to recognize shady types, and she falls right under that heading," Fxeni said, taking a sip of his drink. "She was likely too smashed to try anything right now though. "

He leaned back in his chair, taking another sip of his drink. The group was perhaps a little bit too trusting, he found, but then again that's part of the reason he likes them all. Pema in particular had a rather glowing innocence to her that he hasn't seen in a very long time.

"I didn't know that you used to be a barkeep, Salem. This was before you became a staff though, I'm assuming?" Fxeni asks with a bit of a chuckle, imagining a staff serving drinks in the back of his mind.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4676 on: January 07, 2016, 05:32:46 PM
"Maybe-there isn't much of value in my room anyway, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt." Aya shrugs. "Salem I have to ask-how DID you become a staff anyway-if you don't mind me asking."

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4677 on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:28 PM
(I'll be keeping an eye on this. Might be able to work Saden in at some point....)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4678 on: February 02, 2016, 02:49:04 PM
((Just a heads up, updates have been slow-90% of the people involved haven't been posting much lately.))

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4679 on: February 02, 2016, 02:52:39 PM
(S'not really a problem. I don't mind waiting around.  :) )

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4680 on: February 02, 2016, 02:55:14 PM
(We're probably waiting on Phi to get things going.)

Fear me.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4681 on: February 02, 2016, 07:29:28 PM
(Like I said, no worries  8)

I've still gotta figure out which of my characters I'd wanna bring in here. Leo, Saden and Aaru'd probably work fine as is. Xhai and Bell could work, but I'd need to tweak their backstories and skillsets a little to fit them in. Typhon and Alastor are right out.

Anyone got any thoughts? If there's a particular character of mine you'd like to see I'll be more than happy to oblige.  8) )

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4682 on: February 04, 2016, 12:42:42 AM
(We could probably use more melee-oriented characters, I'd say. We're pretty squishy for the most part :P)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4683 on: February 04, 2016, 01:00:15 AM
(That means pretty much everyone still on the list......I think Alastor, Minty and Typhon are the only characters I have with ranged capabilities....Eh, I'll just list a basic combat approach for each character and if any of 'em take your fancy I'll go with that.  :P

Xhai: Scythe, very much a "charge headfirst" kinda guy. I'm kinda hesitant to include him since I'm writing him for Wilypocalypse too. Gotta show everyone some love, y'know?  :P

Aaru: Backstabs for days, though the fact she can't talk might complicate things.

Leo: Just a sword during the day. I guess she'd fit the Paladin archetype, though.

Saden: She'd be a threat to the group if she's not able to "refuel" regularly enough. That, and if she's not using her spider-limbs, she's s l o w moving around. Might make town scenes kinda awkward either way.

Bell: Her basic approach is pretty much just "Kick it 'til it falls over and stops twitching." Might have to censor her language though. She's kinda foul-mouthed. That, and she'd likely spend half the RP sleeping.

So, ah.....yeah. I'll be happy to use whichever one(s) you guys think'd work best given the current group dynamic.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4684 on: February 04, 2016, 01:01:27 AM
(*preps up Blade Man Master and Sword Man Master* 8D [eyebrow])

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4685 on: February 04, 2016, 01:02:14 AM
(I'd say Leo and/or Bell.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4686 on: February 06, 2016, 02:03:35 AM
(Right. Here we go. I've re-read the last couple pages to (hopefully) get a decent feel for the current setting. Feel free to chew me out if I make any glaring errors, though. Once I get into the rhythm of this I should smooth out a little.

Oh, and one last question. Should I censor Bell or not? It's not like she'll be dropping cursewords in every post but she IS pretty foul-mouthed if/when she gets riled up.)

The tavern door creaked open, and Grak looked up from the tankard he was cleaning as a blonde-haired girl stumbled through the entrance. A tattered-looking travellers' cloak hid most of her body from view, though a slight bulge near her left shoulder indicated some sort of concealed weapon. More eye-catching was the large, ugly-looking scar that bisected her face across the bridge of her nose. The discolored skin only served to accentuate the gigantic black rings under her eyes.

Casting a bleary gaze around the room, the girl stopped at the sight of Grak and almost shambled across the room towards him, her footsteps suspiciously heavy-sounding for someone of her build. Stopping just short of the bar, she mumbled something that could be interpreted as a request for a drink, and fumbled for the required coin once told how much to pay. Accepting her tankard (though Grak was interested to note that she'd didn't use her other arm to steady it), she turned and moved towards the furthest unoccupied table, collapsing heavily into the chair and slumping over the table. Grak shook his head, amazed at how some humans insisted on drinking even when it was clear that doing so maybe wasn't a good idea.

A few minutes passed, when again the door to the tavern was thrown open and a large, angry looking man stormed in. His eyes darted around the room and eventually stopped on the prone form of the blonde girl from earlier. Stomping over, he grabbed the collar of her cloak and hauled her back to her feet.

"OI! I jus' got back inta town, and my bruvva comes runnin' over, cryin' and tellin' me he got beat up by some bird wiv a scar and some sort of cursed sword. That wouldn' 'appen to be you, would it!?"

The girl blinked slowly, as though she'd just been woken from a nap. Stifling a yawn, she responded.

"....might be."

Releasing his grip on her cloak, the bandit shoved her into the main floor and pulled a wicked looking knife from somewhere on his belt. Several of the other patrons tensed, and hands slowly went for their weapons as he started speaking again.

"Smart mouth on ya, 'eh? Won't be so smart when I give ya annuver sc-"

He was cut off with a dull CRUNCH as the girl's foot connected with his groin. Free of the confines of the cloak, the reason for the strangely out-of-place footsteps was revealed. The bottom of her boot was covered not with the standard leather or cloth, but a large slab of what appeared to be iron. As the man crumpled to the floor, clutching his wounded pride (and other things), her left hand shot out and snagged the coin purse hanging from his belt. She held it next to her ear and gave it an experimental shake. Seemingly satisfied with the result, she tossed it onto the bar in front of Grak.

"....That should pay for the trouble....sorry...."

As she turned to head back to her table, one of the man's hands wrapped around her ankle. When he spoke again, his voice was dripping with venom despite the comically high tone it was delivered in.

"W-where....are you going...you bit-"

He was cut off again when her free leg snapped out and she planted a vicious kick across his jaw, knocking several teeth out and sending him sprawling backwards onto the floor, unconcious. She paused for a second, then moved over and propped the door open with a chair. Returning to the man, she grabbed a handful of his hair, dragged him over to the doorway and tossed him out into the street. For a moment, she looked like she wanted to say something, but instead returned the chair-turned-doorstop back to its' original location. Staggering back to her table, she fell back into her seat, downed her drink in one and collapsed back onto the table, seemingly oblivious to the world around her.

(Not the best intro, but....eh, it's late and I'm tired. Just give her a nudge when you wanna interact. I neglected to mention this in her bio, but Bell's default expression is pretty much a 50/50 split between "Bored" and "Half-asleep".)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4687 on: February 06, 2016, 02:17:31 AM
"... Well that escalated quickly," Fxeni stated, followed by taking a swig of his drink. He seemed to be rather unfazed by the goings-on, likely due to the creeping buzz that was coming over him. "Wonder what his brother did to deserve the whoopin' he got."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4688 on: February 06, 2016, 02:27:18 AM
".....Wow....." Sakura gulped.

"I'll be honest he was lucky, she could have easily done much worse." Calien sighed as he took a sip of his water. "If she wasn't going easy on him I guarantee he'd have several broken bones at the very least, and probably some internal bleeding."

"Such a lovely subject to talk about during dinner." Sakura stated while rolling her eyes.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4689 on: February 06, 2016, 02:51:33 PM
((So gonna be honest here-there way to many people involved now for me to juggle personal stories and events as DM, to make matters worse several key members of the original party have outright stopped posting and I can't just write them out of the story. I'm really not sure how to proceed to be honest.))

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4690 on: February 06, 2016, 03:03:43 PM
(Well, Sakura, Calien, Fxeni, Aya are fine. Prof is in good alchemy hands. Pema's stuffing herself, Salem's shy... Albertus is quietly plotting... I guess Riagan's a bit unaccouted for. Did I miss out anyone?)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4691 on: February 06, 2016, 03:09:58 PM
(Toshi's still wondering whether the party should keep an eye out on Florence, or not. Not much she can do, unless she sends a water clone, and perhaps stumble upon Caetlynn {not disturbing her of course} on her way. Other than that, I've got nothing to add at this point in time.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4692 on: February 06, 2016, 03:59:54 PM
(We were mostly held up by Phi because he never finalized Salem's backstory......

Also Wily I think we need you to post in Wilypocalypse for the mech battles.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4693 on: February 06, 2016, 06:52:12 PM
(I think we should just stop short, call it a night for the cast, and then get our bearings and account for what's going to be done next. That always worked when things got too hectic whenever I GMed.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4694 on: February 06, 2016, 10:46:51 PM
(Sounds good to me. I only just introduced my character anyway, so a fresh start might be the best way to get her involved in the plot. I'm fine with whatever, though.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4695 on: February 07, 2016, 02:06:27 AM
(Yeah, I never finalized Salem's backstory, nor have I decided if Pema played a role in affixing his soul to the staff or not. I thought people were going to ask about Pema's story, I didn't imagine they'd be interested in Salem's.

Also, Suppercut barely visits RPM, so I say we cut him loose. And Riagan doesn't have dialogue anymore, so that character is pretty much done.

Xhaiden, I hope your character is worth while, because Blue isn't the only one having trouble with keeping track of everything. We have way too many people.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4696 on: February 07, 2016, 02:22:12 AM
(Yeah PB has been too busy, especially since it's Super Bowl Season and he's been very behind in the RP.

As for Suppurcut I say wait for him, since we haven't been updating he wouldn't been able to post here.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4697 on: February 07, 2016, 02:48:12 AM
(Additionally I have Supps on Steam so whenever he flakes I can just go nag him.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4698 on: February 07, 2016, 03:55:10 AM
(Additionally I have Supps on Steam so whenever he flakes I can just go nag him.)
(Speaking of which do you have anything you wanted to post in Wilypocalypse?)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4699 on: February 07, 2016, 04:13:52 AM
(Not at all. Nothing I can do until the harpy's grounded.)