The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230902

Online Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3300 on: April 16, 2015, 11:58:31 PM
"I'm not sure that would work considering the fact that they are making the storm in the first place." Calien pointed out. "Not to mention they are Constructs who don't have the limitations that we do, they can most likely see and hear things we can't and most importantly don't feel the cold like Aya herself. 

You can't think of them like us, they have extraordinary capabilities and can do things that aren't possible even by experts in the field of magic.  For example the last one blew Aya clear across Iron Gate...and she landed quite a distance outside the city limits according to Farah, Fxeni, and the Prof....and then he turned most of Iron Gate into a field of death and rubble, with many casualties that I was barely lucky to be able to heal, and that was just one of them.  Don't make the mistake of thinking they are you run of the mill warriors, they're cold hearted machines following the orders of a madman and will not give you mercy."

"Not to mention they would probably sense our Mana right away since they were made with Precursor technology." Sakura added. "We can't conceal our Mana completely so sneaking in isn't exactly possible either, never mind them hearing the sound of our feet crunching in the snow.  We need to think of another way if rushing in head first and sneaking in isn't an option."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3301 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:37 AM
"Even so, it's still best that we use the environment to our advantage.  Your defeatist attitude over the situation will help no one.  So, rather than turn away any suggestion and advice from your comrades, why not spend that energy on planning how we can be advantageous?" Riagan's eyes narrowed and his voice took on a patronizing tone.

The Professor didn't hear any of the conversation over the winds.  He didn't hear anyone wake up and had to be physically roused from sleep.  His poor hearing was muffled by a hood and a furred hat, and noises were drowned out by the winds.

Riagan took note and decided to bring that up. "Your fae is deaf.  If you wanted to talk about something without him hearing it, you would turn away so he can't read lips, and discuss it in a low voice, surrounded by noise.  You could freely discuss plans in a dining hall while he's right beside you, and he wouldn't hear a single word.  You used the environment to your advantage."

He moved his gaze to Calien. "Instead of worrying about Mana and what advantage our enemy has; consider what advantage we have.  We have our smaller group; we have autonomy; we have a bloody fae and a tiny girl who can't see over the snow, and would make good scouts.  The fae can be the eyes and the young lass can be the ears.  Send them ahead."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3302 on: April 17, 2015, 12:59:25 AM
"I was thinking a pincer attack would be good. The magic users striking from different angles so that they would have a harder time dodging, and the more melee oriented people keeping them occupied in the meantime," Fxeni suggested. "Since there's two of them, we'll have to be careful no matter our approach."

Online Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3303 on: April 17, 2015, 01:03:41 AM
"I agree with Fxeni's idea." Sakura nodded.

"Indeed, sending in the Prof and Pema alone is much too risky especially since Pema has the highest Mana reading among us so she would detected right away even with her size." Calien nodded. "Fxeni's idea has the lowest risk and greatest potential of working."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3304 on: April 17, 2015, 01:05:09 AM
"Our enemies also expect us to walk into their trap, why not after getting a feel for the situation spring it with only a few of us while the others prepare to ambush them." Aya crosses her arms sounding as if she is volunteering herself as bait.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3305 on: April 17, 2015, 01:09:33 AM
"Scouts are not there to attack.  They're to scout ahead and report back.  We should at least know what we're up against so we can plan accordingly.  Our enemy will not use the same tactic twice." Riagan clarified.

Online Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3306 on: April 17, 2015, 01:10:44 AM
"In that case why not have Toshi make a few Water Clones and have them report back to us?" Sakura asked "It worked last time."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3307 on: April 17, 2015, 01:14:46 AM
"Hmm... yeah, maybe the water clones might be a better way to go. While the Prof and Pema are indeed the smallest of the group, they would be in greater danger if discovered," Fxeni said, mulling over what the others suggested.

"We'll need volunteers for the initial assault. To be honest, I think at least Aya and Riagan should approach them, but that's entirely up to you two," Fxeni stated as he looked over the group. His eyes fell on Toshi.

"Toshi... I'm not sure how effective your attacks would be against them. You should probably use your barrier abilities to protect one of the casters like you did at the barn. Most likely Pema, since she's more likely to be vulnerable in these conditions," Fxeni continued. "No offense intended, Pema."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3308 on: April 17, 2015, 01:15:53 AM
"I'll go for that, they'll be on the lookout for me either way might as well play the bait; anyone who goes with me needs to be sturdy this won't be an easy battle." Aya nods at Fxeni's comment.

Online Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3309 on: April 17, 2015, 01:17:50 AM
"That sounds like the best idea." Calien nodded.

"Riagan can I see your Hammer and Hand Axes, let me use my Magic to give you an edge since these are Ice users." Sakura suggested "I can enchant both of them with my Fire Spell right before you guys head out."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3310 on: April 17, 2015, 02:00:37 AM
"It's okay. No offense taken," Pema smiled at Fxeni then lifted her staff from the fur. "So, wait, am I going with one of Ms. Toshi's clones?"

Online Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3311 on: April 17, 2015, 02:01:31 AM
"No you'll be with Fxeni and the real Toshi." Calien shook his head.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3312 on: April 17, 2015, 02:13:21 AM
"Oh, okay!" Pema nodded.

"Just because you'll have a barrier protecting you, don't think it'll be fine to drop your guard. Not for one moment." Salem stated firmly.

"Yeah, I know. You worry too much," She brushed hay off of her hat and adjusted it on her head.

"Not nearly enough..." He sighed.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #3313 on: April 17, 2015, 02:49:29 AM
Shuu had been listening to the discussion on what to do as he looked towards the target of their assault. "Well, if it helps any, Grani's magic can reflect mana-based attacks and projectiles, and Susanoo's can interfere with these Masters' abilities to control this blizzard." He suggested, turning to the group. "I have a third daemon, but... It would probably be a bad idea to let him out unless things get REALLY dire. He's still a very recent addition to my arsenal and only about as loyal as his contract requires him to be."

(Sorry for being gone if I was holding anything up. I've been playing Hyrule Warriors and being sick for the past couple days. >>; )

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3314 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:53 AM
(no worries)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3315 on: April 17, 2015, 05:29:32 AM
"I can go with Aya.  I can take a hit." Riagan nodded, but didn't give up his war hammer.  "As for my hammer, it works just fine."

The Professor had eventually took notice to the discussion and tried to join in, but he could barely hear a thing. "Are, are we, are we discussing a p-proper course of action?"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3316 on: April 17, 2015, 05:36:28 AM
"Yes, Riagan and I will be bait; once the trap is sprang the rest of you will spring a trap of our own, you and the others will need to find good hiding spots." Aya kneels down to speak eye to eye with the professor.

Online Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3317 on: April 17, 2015, 05:58:08 AM
"I can go with Aya.  I can take a hit." Riagan nodded, but didn't give up his war hammer.  "As for my hammer, it works just fine."

The Professor had eventually took notice to the discussion and tried to join in, but he could barely hear a thing. "Are, are we, are we discussing a p-proper course of action?"
"Don't be so sure, my Axe alone was ineffective against the last one since it wasn't imbued with the proper Element." Calien pointed out.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3318 on: April 17, 2015, 06:15:05 AM
Riagan either didn't know what Calien was talking about, or he didn't care.  "My hammer's purpose is to hit things.  I hit things and they break."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #3319 on: April 17, 2015, 06:23:08 AM
Shuu cringed at the term 'proper element'. "And what would be the proper element to use against something that can make a blizzard?" He asked rhetorically, getting the sinking feeling that fire may be required for the battle.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3320 on: April 17, 2015, 06:35:52 AM
"Hmm... yeah, maybe the water clones might be a better way to go. While the Prof and Pema are indeed the smallest of the group, they would be in greater danger if discovered," Fxeni said, mulling over what the others suggested.

"We'll need volunteers for the initial assault. To be honest, I think at least Aya and Riagan should approach them, but that's entirely up to you two," Fxeni stated as he looked over the group. His eyes fell on Toshi.

"Toshi... I'm not sure how effective your attacks would be against them. You should probably use your barrier abilities to protect one of the casters like you did at the barn. Most likely Pema, since she's more likely to be vulnerable in these conditions," Fxeni continued. "No offense intended, Pema."

Toshi - "No problem." she nodded, "But in this case, I might want to exchange water with ice... umm... you'll get idea." she tries to bring the idea of being able to create clones from ice.

"Oh, and don't count me out on offense, just yet; I still have Ronginasu no Yari, to assist in non-ice or water attacks."

She turns her attention to Riagan, with a bit of concern.

Toshi - Also, do be careful on what you just said, Riagan. Getting hit by something that may induce frostbite isn't going to make the situation better."

(I'll need to catch up a bit later, since I need a bit of sleep before continuing.)

Fear me.

Online Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3321 on: April 17, 2015, 06:37:44 AM
Shuu cringed at the term 'proper element'. "And what would be the proper element to use against something that can make a blizzard?" He asked rhetorically, getting the sinking feeling that fire may be required for the battle.
"Fire would probably be the best one to use first since Fire is the Opposite of Ice.  One element is usually the weakness of the other and vice versa and the opposite pairs are Fire and Ice, Earth and Wind and Light and Dark.  The Fire one we faced before was weak to Ice so these guys are probably weak against Fire." Sakura explained.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3322 on: April 17, 2015, 07:02:40 AM
"Cold will m-make objects brittle.  M-metal in cold environments have, have decreased tensile strength and b-become embrittled.  The, the resultant, the resultant fracturing would have little to no deformation.  If our foes are constructed of metal, then, then they, then they will be at a disadvantage to us.  They will be unable to take damage," the Professor pointed out helpfully.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3323 on: April 17, 2015, 07:49:20 AM
Pema blankly stared off into space during the Professor's explanation. When he mentioned that the foes would be 'unable to take damage', she snapped back to reality.

"Ooh, that's what you meant by brittle and tonsil strength! Yeah, Salem was, um- he was confused by what you were saying," Pema crossed her arms and nodded.

"If you're going to lie, at least pronounce all the words correctly," Salem spoke curtly.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3324 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59:36 AM
"And that's why I don't feel I need to have my hammer imbued with elemental energy.  I've lived in cold temperatures and have been around the smithies enough to know what happens to metal when it gets cold.  I hit it, and it breaks." Riagan folded his arms, confident in his strength.

He looked to Sakura and Calien. "I feel your magic abilities blind you to the strength that us laypeople possess.  I may not have magic, but I can assure you that I am not weak."