Aloha AOHA! ALPHA OMEGA HOENN ADVENTURE!

Quickman · 36226

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: November 09, 2014, 01:58:04 AM
(Yeah I really hate Hemlock, if Sakura was actually there she would never let him get hired.  I could see her constantly caling him a jerkoff and flipping him off at every turn.  I mean seriously, the monochromatic Pokemon are way more important than a Shiny Zigzagoon.  I think Hemlock is the reason why Birch never had field assistants until now.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: November 09, 2014, 04:05:36 AM
*Hypno thought about that.  His own assistants.  A genius among man.  No longer would he be forced to serve under humans who only saw his handicap and took his creations as their own.  He could build another robot and actually be able to keep it.  He could finally finish his gauntlet and work on other projects that would aid disabled Pokémon like him.  Since disability among Pokémon was rare, he had to adapt to human equipment and human treatments.  He wore braces designed for humans, and the wheelchair folded in the trunk of Mr. P's car was acquired from a human medical supply store.  Even his premature birth was handled the same way as one would treat a premature human baby.  Yet, he was still bought and sold like a Pokémon.*

*Dropping his gaze to his spastic arm, Hypno thought about other devices and equipment that he wanted to build.  If he had the time and materials (and dexterity) to do so, he would design a more custom-fit brace that wouldn't itch so much.  He could design more comfortable equipment; appliances that fit better and didn't cause so much pain as it forced his gnarled limbs into a normal position.*

*There were a few other Pokémon at the therapy center who were similarly afflicted.  They had the same complaints as he; having to use human devices that don't fit well, aren't sized right, or are awkward to use.  At least the quadrupedal Pokémon were somewhat better off—they got custom-designed wheelchairs that consisted of a hammock on wheels that was strapped to their bodies.  They had full range of motion and could navigate obstacles and narrow doorways far better than Hypno and his similarly-paralyzed compatriots could do with human crutches, walkers, and wheelchairs.*

"I want to... help others like me..."
Mr. P grinned even wider.

"Now THAT's the spirit! Think of all the others that can, and WILL benefit from your research... You will have no restrictions, go all out... Yes... All the possibilities... For humans... And Pokemon-kind!!"

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #77 on: November 09, 2014, 05:11:16 AM
*Hypno finally turned and looked at Mr. P.* "But... wha-at about my current work?  I just can't... leave the lab... they own me."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: November 09, 2014, 05:16:01 AM
"Technicalities. I will still fund them, enough funding that they could hire additional assistants. And with even more funding... I can help... With your contractual commitments. Nothing money can't fix, I would say."

Mr. P slowly applied the brakes to the vehicle, and stopped by the side of the road. He then stared at Prof. Hypno with burning passion.

"Never again will you face discrimination... Never again will your work be treated as other's credit. Everything will be yours... And yours alone. All I ask is your undying commitment to your work, and you can benefit everyone. Every human... Every Pokemon..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #79 on: November 09, 2014, 06:15:16 AM
*Hypno stared at Mr. P in silence.  The sudden change in behavior startled him, as did their pulling to a stop.  He wasn't quite sure how to respond, as the request caught him off-guard.  His mind was concerned with more immediate plans, such as getting dinner and going to therapy.*

"I... will ne-ed to think about... it."

*Outside of his early days at the Breeder, most of which was spent in intense physical therapy that got his mobility to where it is now, he only knew of Birch's lab.  It was a comfort zone and he wasn't sure if he could leave it right away.  Any other lab would need to be accessible to him, with ramps, hand rails, and elevators.  He couldn't navigate stairs very well, and he couldn't walk very far without assistance.  His mobility limitations was why Birch had supplied him a wheelchair to use when he needed it.*

*Also, any lab equipment would need to be accessible, as he was limited to his functional right arm, and he couldn't carry things without dropping them.  He preferred to sit while working, as standing tired him out and aggravated his chronic pain.  And due to therapy needed to keep his joints and muscles from locking completely, he couldn't be at the lab all the time.*

"I need to... think about it..."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:07 AM
Mr. P adjusted his monocle, before adjusting the gearstick and stepping on the accelerator lightly. Keeping his eyes on the road again...

"Ahem... Sorry about that. I tend to get a bit... Passionate about things that I... Care about. Take your time, and sorry if I had startled you."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #81 on: November 09, 2014, 05:37:42 PM
*Hypno gave a nod, but didn't say anything.  Talking was difficult, and when they did stop for dinner, he would be concentrating mostly on eating.  He idly wished that Mulberry had accompanied them, as he often let Hypno borrow his smartphone to use the text-to-speech app on it.*

*He glanced around the car, and then loosened his leg brace to scratch at another itch.  The ankle strap was rubbing and causing a blister.  His brace was old and didn't fit well, as the Breeder couldn't afford to have one custom-made.*

"There is... a res-taur-rant up here on... the right.  Mul-berry usually... stops there."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: November 10, 2014, 11:33:21 AM
"Alright."

Mr. P turned right into a side road, and not long after, reached a restaurant. Finding a spare lot, and parking in, Mr. P got out of the car, and went to help Prof. Hypno.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #83 on: November 11, 2014, 12:55:30 AM
"It will be... easier to talk here.  I can get some-thing to drink."

*Getting out of the car, Hypno readjusted his brace, but didn't tighten it, as it was difficult to do so while standing up.  His limp was more pronounced as he was walking on the side of his foot due to the loosened brace.  He followed Mr. P into the restaurant and immediately went to a bench to sit and fix his brace.*

*Once they got a table, he followed Mr. P and their waitress, and he eased himself sideways into the booth, sitting with his leg propped up.  The day's field assignment aggravated his pain, which raced down the back of his leg.  After getting a much-needed drink of water, he turned to look at Mr. P.*

"Wha-at kind of re-search would you want me to do?"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: November 11, 2014, 01:47:32 AM
Mr. P took a sip of Earl Grey before turning his attention to Prof. Hypno.

"It's not what you can do for me... It's what I can do for you! I am giving you the reins... Expand on your research... Do your own thing without hinderance! All I truly want is for your research to benefit Pokemon, and humankind!"

Mr. P adjusted his monocle before continuing.

"But of course, if I do have any other research to be done, you will give it your all as well. That is truly all."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #85 on: November 11, 2014, 02:37:58 AM
*Taking another drink of water, Hypno nodded.  He wanted to get most of his talking done before their food came, as trying to talk and eat simultaneously usually caused him to choke.  Coordinating his muscles to do one thing and another sometimes confused them, and he unintentionally demonstrated that by choking on his drink.*

*After coughing and then taking a moment to recover, he continued speaking.*

"I am build-ing a glove... to help my hand work bet-ter.  The others don't know that... I'm build-ing it.  I fi-gured out how to... power the motor...  Com-pressed air to mo-ove the gears... ke-ep the ten-sion set so I can mo-ove without... re-sis-tance, but pre-vent my muscles from... con-trac-ting.  My wrist and fingers would be... floa-ting."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: November 11, 2014, 03:42:01 AM
Mr. P got out of his seat, and went over to Prof. Hypno, gently patting his back.

"Slowly now... And that glove sounds very powerful... It sounds very beneficial indeed..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #87 on: November 11, 2014, 04:27:26 AM
"It's... not the most prac-ti-cal way to make it.  I'm making it out of what... I can find.  They don't know about it... but when I'm... fin-ished, they will see it... and Hem-lock will want to... take it..."

*Hypno waited a moment before attempting to drink again.  Taking a drink, he managed to do so without choking, though swallowing was difficult, as he had momentarily forgotten how to do so.  The lack of precise control over his spastic muscles frustrated him, particularly when it came to rudimentary things such as swallowing.*

*Glancing up, he could see people at other tables casting quick glances their way.  They must have been quite a pair; a proper scientist and an obviously-disabled Hypno in scrubs.  His species wasn't native to the region, so he stood out already.  Coupled with his cerebral palsy and slurred, "thick tongue" speech, he often drew more unwanted attention, usually over the fact that he could talk.  Only the restaurant's staff was accustomed to his presence, as Hypno and Mulberry stopped there for dinner frequently.*

*The place served breakfast all day.  Who wouldn't stop?*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: November 11, 2014, 04:40:11 AM
"Ah. Hemlock."

Saying that name left a bitter taste in Mr. P's mouth, and thus he took another sip of his Earl Grey.

"You do not need to worry about him. You will have you own lab, your own appointed assistants. You own funding, your own access to whatever you need..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #89 on: November 11, 2014, 05:23:31 AM
"I have... designs..." *Hypno took a moment to dig in his pockets for a folded wad of paper.  As he was doing so, the waitress finally brought their food, so Hypno handed the paper across the table to Mr. P.*  "It's... a dif-fer-rent design... for an ex-o-skel-e... ton.  Based off of... strength-train-ing harnesses.  It's to... strengthen... weakened limbs."

*Squirming a bit to ease his leg off the seat and sit properly to eat, Hypno fell silent in order to concentrate on chewing and swallowing without choking.  While he could use silverware so long as he used his dominant right hand, his actual eating was somewhat sloppy.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 11, 2014, 05:35:35 AM
Mr. P took the folded piece of paper, and looked at it intently. What he saw was beyond genius. This thingamajig... That thingamabob... Prof. Hypno really took a lot of effort into designing the exoskeleton. It was a marvel unlike any other...

Deciding it's best that Prof. Hypno finishes his food first after that little choking incident earlier, Mr. P continued to examine the designs, while snacking on some scones.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #91 on: November 11, 2014, 05:52:36 AM
*The designs consisted of segmented braces that were connected at the joints with what appeared to be elastic bands.  The elastic held the affected limb in a proper, non-contracted position and provided gentle resistance to strengthen weakened muscles.  They could further be connected to a harness, and would hold limbs in a "weightless" position.  There were a copious amount of notes scrawled in any free space available, along with a drawing of a gearbox, which was most likely part of the prototype glove that Hypno was already working on.*

*Back in Littleroot, Birch had ran some tests on one of the Monochrome Pokemon, which revealed some surprising information.  His initial findings showed an immune response in the Pokemon, which suggested that its body was attacking its own pigment cells.  He had Mulberry and Hemlock test two other Pokemon, which were apparently caught in different areas, and their results were similar: an immune response to the Pokemon's own pigment cells.*

*With how Taylor said that other regions were reporting similar outbreaks, then Birch began to form his initial hypothesis.  From his tests and anecdotal evidence, he concluded that the loss of pigment was due to an acquired autoimmune disorder that targeted pigment cells.  He wondered if it could be related to the mutated strain of Pokerus that he had been studying...*

"We've been getting reports of a new strain of Pokerus that has been exhibiting with heightened aggression and an inflammatory response.  These leucistic Pokemon are presenting with what looks to be an autoimmune disorder.  However, in our research on that Zigzagoon pack, there's an infected Shiny, but I noticed something about its coloring--it's even lighter.  I'm wondering if there's a possible link between that strain and these leucistic Pokemon..."

"So, the strain causes pigment cells to die, and affected Pokemon gradually lose their color?  That Zigzagoon may be in later stages of the infection, then.  It was displaying more prominent symptoms, and FLIR imaging showed a higher internal temperature than the other infected Pokemon."

"Exactly my thoughts, Mulberry.  Shiny coloration is caused by a mutation that results in a different distribution of colors than normal.  If a Pokemon were exhibiting an autoimmune response toward their own pigmentation, then they would gradually change colors as the cells die; generally becoming lighter.  The problem is we haven't been able to yet determine a duration for this strain, nor a timetable of symptoms.  We've just determined how it's spread.  If that Shiny Zigzagoon is the result of that autoimmune response, then it might have been the first to be infected.  It'd be Patient Zero."

"And we missed out on a chance to study it because you relied on that Hypno who probably doesn't even understand what we're doing."

*Birch ignored Hemlock's comment and looked to Taylor.* "Okay, we need to catch that Zigzagoon so we can study it.  It may hold more clues to this mystery, so let's get out there and grab it!  The robot's ready, and I've already mapped out their den.  Finding them won't be hard, and we'll be able to catch the pack unawares."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #92 on: November 11, 2014, 08:55:03 PM
(I'm trying to get into this but honestly it's a bit discouraging when it seems to just be huge post after huge post between Quickie and Wily and I'm honestly not sure what's going on and the colored text is confusing me cause pet peeve/OCD-type thing so yeah)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #93 on: November 12, 2014, 06:52:27 PM
(It's moving pretty slow, anyway.  I'll invite the Plot Contrivance Fairy to help.  Need to get Prof. Hypno where Mr. P wants him, and the whole Zigzagoon thing can be wrapped up.  I'll also ditch the colored text because it's annoying to format.)

QuickEdit: (I figured out something that'll allow us to skip ahead a few days.  It'll get Prof. Hypno where he needs to be, and the Zigzagoon thing can be wrapped up.  Mulberry and Hemlock won't be needed after this, though Birch may stick around, as he's going to be reporting his findings to the public.)

(Basically, the Shiny Zigzagoon is Patient Zero and there's a connection between its variation of Pokérus and the Monochrome Pokémon.  As for getting Prof. Hypno where he needs to go; his type of CP puts him at a high risk for seizures.  Thus, the Plot Contrivance Fairy is going to have a little fun...)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #94 on: November 12, 2014, 08:19:18 PM
*As Mr. P looked over the designs, Hypno took his time with eating his meal.  He mulled over Mr. P's earlier request and had to admit that it enticed him.  He could benefit so many disabled Pokémon with his research.  He could better so many lives.  Custom-fit orthoses, advanced prostheses, mobility equipment with proportions to better fit Pokémon...  Helping others like himself was one of the main reasons why he spent any free time designing and building gadgets.  If only his fellow scientists were more interested in helping Pokémon than helping humanity through Pokémon.  That was one of the things that bothered him; any research wasn't to benefit the Pokémon.  The Pokérus research was to benefit Trainers.  The Poké Ball research was to benefit Trainers.  His robot was taken so that it could benefit the other humans and Trainers.*

*Prof. Hypno chewed on a mouthful, but didn't swallow it.  His train of thought stopped and a chill raced up his spine.  His head felt disconnected, and his mane puffed out.  He went to swallow his food, but couldn't seem to do so.  Reaching for a glass of water, he noticed the tremor—in his right hand.*

*His stomach bubbled and his vision blurred briefly as a wave of dizziness moved through his head and the world turned on its side.  He tried to drink, but his throat wouldn't work.  Coughing and sputtering, water went up his nose and he spit up the mouthful he had been working on.  The tremor in his right arm got worse, and the cup spilled.*

*His chest tightened, and his joints locked.  He barely got a word out before his vision was gone, and the dizziness exploded into a sensation that he had hoped to never experience again.  Any connection he had to the world was gone.  His muscles contracted violently, and he lost his balance, sliding off of the bench and hitting the floor in a grand mal seizure.*

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #95 on: November 12, 2014, 08:26:29 PM
Meanwhile after capturing the Zigzagoon for Professor Birch, Taylor went to her Secret Base on [redacted]. Logging into her computer, she opened up Fennekin, her preferred web browser, to check for updates. And it seemed like the Pokerus variant was beginning to spread to other regions. Isolated cases in Fiore and Oblivia were showing up, along with others appearing in Ransei and the Orange Archipelago. Quickly, she grabbed links to these reports with pictures and sent them off in an email to Birch. This whole thing was about to get colorful. Or not colorful at all. Either way, it would be interesting.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: November 13, 2014, 01:28:32 AM
(Try text formatting on a phone. ._.)

Mr. P was still engrossed over the designs when he heard a loud thud. And people screaming. He looked up and saw that Prof. Hypno wasn't seated opposite him. With a frog in his throat, Mr. P looked under the table, and saw Prof. Hypno laying on the ground, almost motionless except for the occasional spasm.

"Anyone know where the nearest Pokemon Center is!?"

In a panic, Mr. P managed to get directions from a waitress, and with help from some diners, he managed to load Prof. Hypno back into the car. With urgency, Mr. P stepped on the gas, and sped off in the direction of the Pokemon Center...

... Or at least that was what onlookers saw...

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 13, 2014, 01:38:54 AM
(I knew the entire situation was too good to be true. XD)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #98 on: November 13, 2014, 04:43:53 AM
*A few days had passed since the incident at the restaurant.  When Hypno failed to return to the lab that night, Birch was informed by Mr. P that the Pokémon had suffered a seizure and was recovering at the closest Pokémon Center.*

*However, Petalburg's Pokémon Center had no records of a Hypno being admitted that day.*

*His head was stuffed full of cotton and his eyes were coated in crust that held his eyelids together.  Hypno forced them open and winced as bright overhead lights assaulted his vision.  With a groan, he waited for his eyes to adjust and he looked around.  The walls were unfamiliar, and it felt as if a cloud hung over everything.*

*He couldn't remember what happened.  He knew that at some point, he was at a restaurant, where he had stopped for dinner.  Between that and him opening his eyes, it was a thick fog.*

"Hel-lo...?"

*His voice cracked and his throat was dry.  His head had taken on a dull ache and he couldn't focus his vision.*

"Where am I?  I... I can't..."

*He tried to raise himself, but his limbs refused to cooperate.  It took him a while to dully register that he wasn't wearing his orthopedic braces, and thus his left arm and leg had resumed their contracted and twisted positions.*

"Any-one there...?"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: November 13, 2014, 04:53:34 AM
"Good morning... You have finally awakened."

A voice echoed out in the darkness, the only light being on Prof. Hypno and his immediate surroundings.

"You must have a lot of questions... Don't worry... You have all the time in the world now..."