The Supplement RP Thread

Phi · 80946

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #875 on: March 20, 2016, 12:55:14 AM
Her base form is crazy strong-and durable as well as agile but lacks ranged combat ability, her other elemental forms give her more utility but can't be switched between them rapidly (meaning she has to commit or risk damage) as well as weaknesses.

Her Omni-Form was the result of absorbing all the elements and it made her pretty god like-it was meant as a one off form though since her energy for it isn't permanent like other forms. (As such it's broken for an exciting "final boss" fight)

No idea how her strengths compare to other characters-some of them have some very unique powers I'm sure could give Blue a run for her money. Plus Blue isn't a tactical genius in anyway-she's pretty much a hit things hard and if that doesn't work hit it harder.  8D

Blue's strategy would work wonders against most of my characters then.  XD Ruby, Xhai and Shani are brittle as glass if they're taking damage, Shu and Mika aren't really fighters at all and Saden's just a regular human. I suppose Ky might be a challenge, but then a fight with Ky is never fair. He fights dirty, if you can get him to take you seriously.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #876 on: March 20, 2016, 01:02:17 AM
To be fair they are also likely smarter than Blue is.  8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #877 on: March 20, 2016, 03:00:06 AM
Oh, and uh, I'm curious to know how Doc reacted to Ky's selfie. Heh....  '>.>
Oh yea... I should like totally use that to get you into WilyRP huh. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #878 on: March 23, 2016, 11:18:02 PM
WARNING: WALL O'TEXT INCOMING.

Just threw some stuff together regarding Xhai's backstory. Some of this is only applicable to ManaVerse, but I figure I can retcon what I posted originally to fit the basics into the "modern"/WilyPocalypse canon, too.

As always, feedback's appreciated.

[spoiler]Temple of the Shining Winds

- Located in a mountain range, just under cloud-level, the Temple of the Shining Winds is dedicated to the Bird Deity. The temple is actually split into two sections. The lower half, located below the clouds, is the larger of the two and houses the majority of the Temple's residents. Facilities here include the kitchens, dining hall, library, gathering hall and training room for the Unwinged. The upper half, located above the clouds, serves as the home for the Elders of the Temple, the Winged, and the Grand Master. A portion of this level is accessible from the lower section, and houses the Warbirds currently in the care of the Temple. The rest of this level is only accessible by the Winged.

The Bird Deity

- The Bird Deity lives at the very peak of the mountain on which the Temple is built, and the warriors and scholars who reside in the Temple serve as guardians for it. It's true form is unknown, and only the Grand Master of the Temple is allowed to approach it's nest, but stories tell that it is the entity from which all birds of the land were created. As such, those who form a connection to it and become warriors may adopt characteristics of almost any flight-capable avian, from Eagles and Falcons, Sparrows and Pigeons, and even more exotic species such as Parrots and Flamingoes. It is rumoured to spend most of it's time in flight, circling the world. It's wingbeats can create or calm the most violent of storms, and it can shape the very air around it to create anything it desires. Or so the legends say.....

Warriors of the Temple

- The warriors of the Temple have a deep affinity with birds, and are split into two groups depending on their current skill level - Winged and Unwinged. Their physical forms are altered, and many Winged resemble either Featherfolk or Harpies.
- Unwinged warriors must first prove their worthiness by completing a task given to them by either the Grand Master or one of the Elders. This is usually a "go hunt this" kind of mission, but occasionally it will be a "go learn of the world" kind of mission. Successfully completing this task will see them rewarded with a secondary transformation that literally grants them their wings, and from then on they are considered full-fledged warriors and are taught more of the complex skills and powers granted to them by their link to the Bird Deity.
- Aside from physical changes wrought by their transformations (enhanced eyesight, hollowed bones, etc.), most warriors are capable of manipulating the air around them for both offensive and defensive purposes. Uses of this include forming blades of razor-sharp wind around their limbs for attack, or altering the composition of the air to suffocate their enemies. The Unwinged are capable of forming wind-blades with little visible effort, but require the use of more physical gestures if they intend to use their air manipulation. The more powerful among the Winged are said to be able to create hurricanes with naught but the slightest twitch, while newer Winged find it less taxing to use their abilities to the fullest. It takes a great deal of time and training to reach the heights set by the Veterans, after all.

Winged and Unwinged

- "Unwinged" is a term used to describe those who have been chosen as warriors of the Temple, and have been partially transformed in preparation for this role, but have yet to be considered truly worthy. Typically, Unwinged warriors possess visible traits of their link to the Bird Deity, but the severity of these changes varies depending on the individual. Sometimes it's little more than an change of the eyes to more closely resemble the bird they're tied to. More extreme cases see the individual's body becoming more bird-like, such as their feet transforming into talons, or their hair changing to feathers. The type of bird an Unwinged will resemble serves as a reflection of their innermost selves. Those who desire to fight or protect will often assume the forms of more aggressive birds, such as Falcons and Hawks, while more gentle-minded individuals will assume the forms of "softer" species, such as Doves and Sparrows. The truly quirky ones typically take the forms of exotic birds, such as Parrots, Flamingoes and Toucans.
- The "Winged" are full-fledged warriors of the Temple. and as the name suggests, sport a pair of wings on their back that allows them, with time and training, to fly just like the species they're tied to.

Notable Residents of the Temple

- Xhai - Osprey, currently Unwinged: A warrior trainee, Xhai is capable of forming Wind-blades around his fingers, and can create "bubbles" of altered air with enough effort. He's struggling to master his skills at the moment, but has apparently been deemed worthy enough that he's been offered a chance to earn his wings. The only physical signs of his link to the Bird Deity are his raptor-like eyes, and the beak-like fringe of his hair.
- Maia - Scarlet Macaw, Winged: Xhai's best friend since his childhood, Maia only recently earnt her wings, but has proven to be a natural in the air. Aside from her multicoloured wings, she has bright-red hair, decorated with a variety of multicoloured feathers and has more harpy-like legs than some of the other warriors.
- The Elder - Golden Eagle, Winged: The Elder is a retired warrior who now serves as the Head Librarian of the Temple. He's fond of recounting the many legends regarding the bird-deity, and was the one who offered Xhai the opportunity to prove himself as a warrior. Like Xhai, his eyes are the only outward sign of his transformation, aside from the massive, greying wings he sports on his back.
- Lucius - Barn Owl, Winged: The instructor for all Unwinged and newly-minted Winged, Lucius has a no-nonsense approach to most things and is know for being particularly humourless. His eyes are noticably larger than most of the other warriors of the Temple. and like the Owl he's linked to, he can rotate his neck almost 180 degrees, making him one of the more unsettling examples of what transformations can do.
- The Grand Master - Rumoured to be a Phoenix, Winged: Few have seen the Grand Master, as he rarely leaves his chambers near the peak of the mountain. A legendary figure amongst the current crop of warriors, his power in combat is said to be second only to that of the Bird Deity itself.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:59:58 AM by Strider Xhaiden »

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #879 on: March 29, 2016, 12:41:27 AM
Apologies for the double-post, but I've been mulling over some ideas for my next oneshot and wanted to see if anyone would be willing to offer their opinions.

I've got three ideas floating around in my head at the moment:

- A day in the life of "Lunamaria"/Copy-Bot Luna following her return to DrWilyII's side. Set in current Wilypocalypse Canon.
- A "meeting of the minds" with the portions of Project RWBY still under Doc's control. Set in current Wilypocalypse Canon.
- A flashback to the days before Ky's attempted rebellion. Haven't decided whether this'd just be a day in the life or recounting the events that caused him to rebel in the first place.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #880 on: March 29, 2016, 08:11:10 AM
Darn... I like all of them! XD

But... The one I wanna read first... I guess... Ky's prior life before his rebellion.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #881 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:35 PM
Sure, not a problem. Already got an idea for what I wanna do with that one anyway. Planning to recount the event(s) that led to the rebellion in the first place. Sorry to ask, but if you get time and can remember any of the details, could you PM a cliff-notes version of why you turned evil genius instead of just morally ambiguous genius? Might help me get my facts straight so I'm not muddling the backstory up even more than I probably already have.  '>.>

I'll get the other two done at some point as well, but this one takes priority. Man, between IRL stuff, my writing and the Wrestling Thread, I'm not gonna be bored for quite a while.  8)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #882 on: March 29, 2016, 01:34:17 PM
*charge-shots you a PM*

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #883 on: March 30, 2016, 11:01:57 AM
Just gonna copypasta some stuff I've been discussing with DrWilyII regarding the future of some of my characters. Next oneshot's about 50% done.

Regarding Weiss, Blake and Yang's eventual appearances:
In the meantime, I had an idea regarding the fates of the remaining members of Project RWBY. Ruby herself was ditched, but the other three are presumably still loyal to DrWilyII. Since they originally needed Ruby to "project" them, being solid holograms and all, it figures that they'd lose that ability in her absence. Since I also figured DWII wouldn't wanna waste time and resources building proper bodies for them, he found an alternative.

I think my plan for them going forward is to have them show up as "soft-light" holograms for the most part, switching to "hard-light" whenever they need to get anything done (fighting, opening doors, etc.) The "physical requirements" bits on the Hologram page explain most of what they'd be capable of.

Regarding the Copy-Bots on my character roster:

I've also had ideas regarding making the two Copy-Bots more distinct from the source material. For Ruby, the idea I have right now is for her to be badly damaged at some point during Wilypocalypse, necessitating an entirely new body. I'm planning to have Ky provide Sakura with his (reploid) body's tech specs and ask her to build a body based off of those. Means I can get away with giving Ruby a more Reploid-like look with regards to her outfit, and deal with some of her weaknesses just like Sakura originally asked to do.

For Luna.....how do I explain this.....she's basically been upgraded and now *is* her Gundam as well. Instead of piloting a full-size Zaku II, she's wearing armour that - when she's fully activated it - makes her look like a Zaku (complete with any extra bits to help her move around), and she's carrying human-sized versions of the Zaku's weapons, too.

And finally, regarding Ky/Robo-Ky: Since he's a big part of the next oneshot, and it's the first time I think I've ever written pre-crash Ky, I think I need to make a distinction between his two incarnations.

- "Ky" is the character currently operating in the Wilypocalypse RP as well as my current headcanon. He's inhabiting a reploid body and his mental state (going by the hierarchy I drew up a while back that seems to have been adopted as canon already) is a very high-end Type-4, approaching Type-5.
- "Robo-Ky" is him before his rebirth, but this version of him technically stopped existing shortly before his rebellion began (the oneshot explains this, don't worry). The difference between them is that while "Ky" has a full set of human emotions and the ability to process them in a natural fashion, "Robo-Ky" is/was kind of a sociopath. He lacked any kind of genuine emotion, but was able to mimic them (sadness, anger, pride, etc.) with a fair degree of success after observing them in other people. He didn't/couldn't understand them, though, and his overall mindset was far more mechanical in nature than most of DrWilyII's other servants at the time. While Zakura *was* important to him, he wasn't able to articulate why. His place on the hierarchy would be somewhere between Type-3, leaning a little towards Type-4 (being a copy of Ky Kiske, but without the "human" aspects of his personality).

Hopefully, I've explained everything in a way that makes sense to everyone, but if you'd like clarification on anything, just ask, OK?  :)

Apologies for how in-depth I'm getting with this stuff. This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands.  '>.>

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #884 on: March 30, 2016, 11:25:52 AM
So wait... Luna is now a MS Girl!?

... SOLD!! 0v0

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #885 on: April 02, 2016, 01:51:15 AM
This one.....I hope it came out alright. There's some stuff here that's implied but not outright stated, so I hope the ideas I was intending to hint at came across OK. As always, any questions, feel free to ask.

Here we go, then. The story of why Robo-Ky decided to rebel against DrWilyII. This is intended to be compliant with WilyPocalypse canon, if that matters.

Flashback Episode - Storms on the Horizon

[spoiler]Refurbished Wily Star, Date Unknown

Ky looked up from his book as the lounge door slide open with a muted hiss, and a tired looking Zakura staggered in, collapsing heavily on the couch next to him and rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands. His head ticked to the side, and his mouth-light dimmed at the corners in a rough approximation of a smile. The tinny, robotic monotone of his voice seemed to snap her out of her daze when he spoke. "Rough meeting?"

She initially responded with a tired sigh, and turned her head to meet his gaze. When she finally answered, she sounded exhausted, and there was something flickering behind her eyes that Ky found he couldn't place. "You might say that.......would you mind if we had a serious discussion?"

Making a mental note of the page number he was on, Ky closed his book and set it down next to him. "I have time. The observation deck, then?"

Refurbished Wily Star, Observation Deck

The two sat in silence for a long time, simply staring out at the vast expanse of stars that stretched out in front of them. The deep azure globe of Planet Websitia continued to spin beneath them. Ky found he was beginning to get bored when Zakura finally spoke up again.

"Hey, Ky? Do you feel like the Doctor's changed recently?"

Ky cupped his chin, mimicking the thoughtful pose he'd seen others adopt on occasion. "I haven't noticed any distinct changes. He looks the same as always to me." - He snapped his fingers as a realisation struck him - "Oh! You meant a change in mental terms, right? I wouldn't know. Humans are such complicated creatures....."

Zakura sighed and drew her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them in a loose hug and lowering her head. "Sometimes I envy you, you know? All that intelligence without the hassle of having emotions getting in the way......" She chuckled, though there was little genuine humour in it. "And don't try to convince me otherwise. It's plain as day that you're just trying to imitate what you've seen other people do."

Ky turned his head to look at her. "Jealous of me? That should be my line. I've always wondered what it'd be like to feel. You're right when you said I'm just mimicking people. Mostly I'm mimicking you, though. It's still impressive to me that a human could build an AI so advanced....."

Her expression darkened, though her hair covered enough of her face to hide the fact from her companion. When she didn't respond, Ky knew he had to say something, and it took him a moment to puzzle out the best way to broach the subject he figured was bothering her. ".....Why don't you tell me what's got you so upset?"

She shivered, and it was only prior experience in dealing with her that led Ky to shift over a little closer and drape an arm around her shoulders. She leant into him and maintained her silence for another long moment before finally speaking. Her tone was.....Ky was no expert in the subject, but he assumed it was what sadness sounded like.

"The meeting I was at......The Doctor was outlining his next attempt at taking control of the planet..." - Ky nodded in understanding. The Doctor seemed unusually driven to achieve that goal, but refused to say why - "But....he.....he didn't just want us to capture and hold places this time...." - She trailed off, grit her teeth and managed to get the important part out before she found herself unable to - "He wants a more permanent solution to that problem." The way she stressed it left Ky with no doubt what she actually meant.

Ky froze, mind already racing as he digested that little tidbit. It was no secret that the Doctor was.....he'd heard a red-haired man in sunglasses use the term "morally ambiguous" before. Human morals were still something he had little understanding of, but the tone he'd heard it said in implied it wasn't something to take pride in. The Doctor had always pushed for control, but had issued strict orders that his forces were to subdue and contain any attempted resistance. This....was he actively ordering....?

More important was Zakura. Ky liked to think he knew her well enough to guess what was really bothering her about what she'd just said. "You don't agree with him."

She shook her head. "No. I was fine with serving him if it meant I could get stronger, and I'd be loyal anyway, programmed or not, but.....I don't want this. I don't want this at all." She raised her head a little to meet Ky's gaze. "The worst part was the way he looked at me. I think he knows I'm not comfortable with this.....and I think he doesn't care."

Ky twitched as her earlier question came back to him. "That's what you meant when you asked me if he'd changed."

She nodded. "He's......I don't know how to phrase it.....darker. The way he was issuing orders, it's like he expected us to follow them without complaint, and when he picked up on the fact that I was uncomfortable.....I'm scared, Ky. I can't disobey a direct order from him, but I don't want to do the things I think he wants me to...."

Ky was silent while he turned the situation over in his head. He was loyal to the Doctor, and willing to do anything he was asked to, but to force a loyal creation to act against their nature? Something about that rankled with him, and he had no idea why he'd be so.....concerned?....about something like this. "I'll speak to him tomorrow. We've known each other a long time, and I should be able to talk him into reconsidering his plan. We should spend some time thinking of viable alternatives tonight."

She stared at him, eyes wide. Slowly, a shaky smile began to creep across her face, and she nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! I bet if we come up with a foolproof plan he'll definitely change his mind." She wrapped her arms around him in an awkward hug, relief evident in her tone. "Thanks, Ky." She stifled a giggle. "Who knows, maybe you could ask him to patch in some emotional programming for you, too?"

Ky's face wasn't capable of emoting much of anything, but she knew he was horrified by the idea of anyone poking around inside his head. The giggle eventually turned into full-blown laughter, and the tension in her frame slowly ebbed away. They spent the remainder of the night trading ideas while staring out at the stars.

The next morning...

The chime of an incoming teleport request caused Zakura to look up from her breakfast. She shot Ky a questioning look as he strode over to the console and hit the button to allow access. Within moments, two beams of light appeared in the centre of the room, and eventually faded to reveal the forms of the newest additions to DrWilyII's forces.

Buns gave a formal bow in greeting, while boforte just scowled and folded his arms. Ky returned the gestures with a nod, while Zakura slowly rose from her place at the table and quick-stepped to Ky's side, a look of vague apprehension on her face.

Taking a half-step forward, Ky spread his arms in welcome. "boforte, Buns, to what do we owe the pleasure?"

boforte opened his mouth, but it was Buns who cut in, her tone polite if slightly detached. "Apologies for disturbing you so early in the day, General Robo-Ky, but the Doctor was concerned about Zakura's mental state after yesterday's strategy meeting, and asked us to check in on her and make sure nothing is wrong."

Zakura did her best to quell the feeling of unease that had steadily been growing since Ky had allowed the teleports to come through, and quietly, subtly, reached out over the network. In the recesses of the manufacturing facility housed on board the Wily Star, a Mini-Ky jerked into life as a file-transfer request disturbed it's routine recharge cycle.

Ky nodded at Buns' explanation. "I see. Thank you for your concern. I must ask though.....why did he send both of you? I didn't think boforte would be particularly interested in a task like this."

boforte flashed a shark-like grin at the white-haired robot. "Well damn, sis, I think he's sussed us out. Guess there's no need for all that "subtlety" crap now, right?"

Buns shook her head, but motioned for boforte to proceed anyway. Before anyone in the room could react, boforte had somehow gotten behind Ky, forced him to his knees and planted an arm-cannon directly against the back of his neck. Zakura took a step forward to intervene, but went rigid, eyes going wide with shock as Buns' presence on the network slammed into her like a freight-train, punching clean through her defences and shutting down her motor systems.

Ky eyes flashed. "What is the meaning of this?"

Buns shot him an apologetic look while boforte's grin only got wider. "I am truly sorry for this, General, but I was not entirely truthful with you earlier. The Doctor is indeed concerned about Zakura's mental state, but his orders were to detain her and return her to him for reprogramming. boforte is here to prevent you from interfering."

Ky actually sounded surprised. "What?!"

It was boforte that answered this time. "Yeah, the old man thinks your little girlfriend might try and rebel against the orders she's been given, and he's not too happy with the thought that he might be betrayed like that, so he's gonna poke around in her head a little and get rid of anything he doesn't like the look of." Shifting his weight to prevent the older robot from standing, he huffed an exaggerated sigh. "Don't worry though, he gave strict orders that you weren't to be touched. Said you were too loyal to think about anything like that and that you'd probably go along with this. Heh, he didn't wanna take any chances though." He gave Ky an appraising look from behind his sunglasses and snorted with amusement. "Gotta say though, I'm shocked a relic like you is still considered Big 4 material. It's kinda sad how easily I took you down, element of surprise be damned. I mean, just from this little scuffle-" - he moved his arm-cannon forward, pushing Ky's head down so the robot could only look at the floor - "-I can already tell I'm faster than you, I'm stronger than you, and I'm just plain better than you."

Buns levelled boforte with a warning glare. "That's enough boforte. General Robo-Ky is not to be harmed, remember?" She turned to the still immobilised Zakura. "Forgive me for this, General Zakura."

At that, her grip on Zakura's mind tightened, and the Copy-Bot inwardly panicked as new barriers sprang up inside her regular defences. She recognised the attempt to lock her personality away almost immediately, and began frantically attacking the barriers in an attempt to resist. Buns' presence only grew tighter, and Zakura's body spasmed violently as more of its host's control slipped away.

boforte laughed at the sight, and nudged the back of Ky's head with his arm-cannon. "Ooh, your girlfriend's a [i[fighter[/i], isn't she?" Ky made another attempt to stand up, and boforte pushed his body-weight forward again, knocking Ky to the ground and planting a knee into his back to prevent him from moving at all. "Nope. You stay there until we're finished."

Zakura knew she was fighting a losing battle. She hated to think of herself as out-dated, but Buns was just too good. For every barrier she managed to destroy, another would spring up in its' place.

I can't win.....but, I'm not giving up! I'll NEVER go back to that man!

Pulling herself back, she hurriedly drew up a list of subsystems she still had access to. One in particular caught her attention. Feinting towards another barrier, she instead changed her approach and lunged for the one method of escape still open to her. She was under too much pressure to devote the proper time to making sure everything was in order, but....

Forgive me, Ky....

Buns' expression was tight with concentration as she continued her attempt to bring Zakura under control. Suddenly, she flinched as though she'd been struck, and in that brief moment, Zakura vanished in a pillar of light.

Buns' eyes widened, and boforte removed himself from Ky's back, spitting a string of curses. "What the [tornado fang]!? Where'd she go? Buns! What happened?"

Buns took a moment to compose herself, mentally replaying the last few moments of her mental struggle with the Copy-Bot. Eventually, she shook her head, disappointment clear in her tone. "I got careless. I was so focused on trapping her mind that I didn't think to shut down her remote teleport unit."

boforte swore again. "I'm guessing we can't trace her, either? Damn it!" He shot a glance over to where Ky was just beginning to pick himself up. "I think we should report this to the Doctor."

Buns nodded her agreement, and the two vanished just as Ky regained his footing.

Ky stood silently for a long time while he attempted to process everything that had just happened.

What just....? boforte said something about the Doctor not wanting Zakura to rebel....they were going to reprogram her...and she's.....

Striding over to a console on the far side of the room, he tapped a series of instructions in, and waited for the results of the station-wide scan to return.

She's....not aboard the station?

He remained silent, unsure of what to do. Asking DrWilyII for an explanation did not seem like a smart move, but he had no idea where Zakura could have gone. He was broken from his musings when the door slid open and a Mini-Ky marched in, stopping in front of him and snapping off a quick salute.

"GENERAL_KY_SIR!"

He shook himself and looked down at the Mini-Ky. "Yes?"

The Mini-Ky ejected a small memory chip from a port on its' neck and offered it to him. "GENERAL_ZAKURA_ORDERED_THAT_THIS_BE_DELIVERED_TO_YOU_ONCE_THE_VISITORS_HAD_LEFT"

Ky accepted the drive and studied it for a moment. "Thank you. Dismissed."

The Mini-Ky gave another salute and left the room, presumably to return to its recharge bay.

Ky studied the memory chip for a minute, internally weighing up the pros and cons of the actions he was considering. Deciding that something from Zakura couldn't be a threat to him, he popped the access port on his throat and slipped the chip inside, setting his systems to download whatever was on it as soon as the connection was finalised.

He almost lost his footing as something in his mind changed, the code-packet contained on the chip worming it's way into the deepest portions of his being, rewriting portions of code he'd never given any thought to in the past.

Slowly, he rose back up to a standing position as his mind stablised, confused as to what had just happened.

Wait....I'm confused? How can I be confused? I don't have the....

He trailed off as the implications of that last thought finally hit him. The next few seconds saw him running a full system scan and then staring blankly at a piece of coding he recognised, but that shouldn't be there.

That's.....Zakura's emotional subroutines? Did she.....Did she give me a copy of her emotional subroutines?

He spent the next few minutes studying his coding. His inital thought turned out to be correct, it was the coding that allowed Zakura (and presumably any other WilyBot that possessed it) to process emotions in a manner akin to a human. There were a few subtle tweaks to fit it in with his own, relatively archaic programming, but it seemed she'd given him something he never thought he'd have. His thoughts turned to the conversation he'd had with her the previous night, and he shuddered as a strong surge of warmthcomfortsafetyhappiness welled up inside him.

Is this....how I feel about her? Do I....care for her?

His thoughts then turned to the events of the last half-hour. When he replayed the memory of boforte calling him a relic, then insulting Zakura, his internal temperature skyrocketed as a white-hot flash of disbeliefconfusionhelplessnessANGER wracked his frame. He was forced to open every single cooling vent on his body, as his newfound feelings sent his temperature soaring higher with every passing second. He had no idea how long he stood there, amidst the clouds of jet-black, ember-filled steam, but eventually he managed to suppress the rage bubbling inside him and dropped to his knees, smoking from practically every piece of exposed metal he possessed. His mind was a blur as he revisited every memory he could dredge up, just to see how he reacted to things. As he did so, he slowly began to build up a mental picture of just why things had reached this point. Staggering back to his feet, he returned to his private rooms to process everything he'd just discovered.

It was an interesting sensation, Ky mused, to be holding a debate with yourself. Slouching back in his throne, he continued to piece together all the tidbits he'd uncovered during his recent bout of emotion-driven soul-searching, his newfound ability to feel holding an intense and strangely heated argument with the cold, logical portion of himself that had previously held complete domination over his mindset. Eventually, he'd determined enough that he was able to pose himself a series of questions and then provide the answers that would allow him to decide his next move.

Why did this have to happen?

The Doctor desires control. Power.

To what end?

World domination. An acknowledgment of his genius.

The world will never accept him, or his methods.

A feeling of...satisfaction?....lifted his mood as both parts of his new mindset agreed on a single course of action. The Doctor's methods would only become more extreme the more the world rejected him, and Ky held no doubt that if things were left as they were, one day everyone that served him would be subject to the same response that led to Zakura's.....He clamped down on that train of thought before it could continue.

If the Doctor is left unchecked, so many of his followers will suffer for it. If the world is left unchecked, they will drive him to even more extreme measures. Both are at fault, and so both must be corrected. If he craves acknowledgement, he will have it. If the world refuses to acknowledge him, I will MAKE the world acknowledge him!

His mouthplate lit up in a grin as a plan began to form in his mind. Rising from his throne, he headed for the teleport bay. There was a man he needed to visit.

DrWilyII swivelled round in his chair as Robo-Ky entered his office. Careful to keep his tone light, so as not to upset his General, he addressed the robot.

"Ah, Ky. I was just about to send for you. Buns and boforte reported everything to me." - He removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes tiredly before meeting Ky's impassive gaze. - "For what it's worth, I am genuinely sorry for what happened with Zakura. I could simply see no other way of ensuring her loyalty." - A wry grin split his face - "I suppose that's the problem with giving robots human intelligence and emotions....they become too used to doing things their own way to ever consider another point of view...."

Ky fought back the slight twinge of guilt at what he was about to do, and had to shut off his new emotional subroutines to avoid the anger threatening to creep into his tone. "You do not need to apologise, Doctor. I will admit I am...concerned...about what happened, but you could not have predicted that she would react in such an irrational way."

DrWilyII replaced his glasses and sighed. "I suppose in hindsight, I should've handled this situation differently. I am sorry to have caused you such trouble, Ky. Is there anything I can do to reassure you that your continued loyalty is appreciated?"

Ky was silent for a moment, but internally he was laughing like a madman.

So predictable...

"Actually, Doctor, I would like to request permission to be present for the awakening of the new group of Robot Masters. I am curious to see if the ideas I presented to you while you were designing them have borne fruit."

DrWilyII steepled his fingers together, a thoughtful expression on his face. "You DID play a role in helping me create them, didn't you?" - He nodded - "Very well. In fact, you can help them become acclimatised to the base and explain to them what their roles will be in my next plan. The resistance will never know what hit it!"

Ky nodded, and turned on his heel as DrWilyII dissolved into a fit of maniacal laughter. His faceplate lit up in an approximation of a calculating smirk as he left.

Neither will you, you old fool.....[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I know his face wasn't capable of expressing any kind of actual emotion back then, but Ky's expression at the very end:

Remember Kids, lying to an emotionally unstable kill-bot is a bad idea.[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #886 on: April 02, 2016, 02:08:05 AM
Remember the Resistance wasn't officially formed at the time, so it would really only be borockman Wily is fighting against, or rather just trying to take over the world.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #887 on: April 02, 2016, 04:59:10 AM
borockman and Vixy. XD

[spoiler]But yea, that really sets up well for the plot of Robo-Ky's rebellion... And even the part of Zakura just... MIA-ing in my original mythos. IT FITS SO WELL[/spoiler]

Well, it can be noted that after the multiple failures, something cracked in DWII's mentality. Zakura's resistance, and finally Robo-Ky's rebellion (Gen9) was the trigger, explaining Gen10's slighty darker tone, and eventually, Wilypocalypse.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #888 on: April 02, 2016, 11:27:46 AM
I gave Ky's motivation a lot of thought while I was writing this, and I came up with this. He was pretty much trying to force an Enemy Mine situation between DrWilyII and anyone else who'd be opposed to a quest for World Domination. The idea being that if Doc and the "good guys" were forced to work together, they'd be united by a common goal (Ky's defeat/destruction) and may eventually reach some sort of understanding.

A less crazy Doc means less chance of anyone else under him going through what Zakura did. Maybe not the best of plans, but his head wasn't exactly screwed on straight when he came up with it.

This also explains why he was so adamant that he be allowed to help Ruby, and I kinda hinted at why Siraj's old voice was so messed up.

I just realised. If Ky ever finds out what happened to Luna and/or Typhon....

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #889 on: April 02, 2016, 11:35:29 AM
Given he practically pwned Typhon previously due to his new form... 8D

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #890 on: April 02, 2016, 11:44:59 AM
I was referring more to the "mind-wiping" thing for Typhon. Luna suffered the same fate that Zakura was supposed to have done. Perhaps not to quite an extreme degree, but still.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #891 on: April 02, 2016, 11:52:17 AM
True, but Ky still physically, and mentally pwned Typhon. :P

It warrants a bit of angst when he realizes what he did. 8D

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #892 on: April 02, 2016, 01:11:08 PM
Maybe, maybe not. He's still getting to grips with the whole "feels" thing, after all.

On further reflection, I still feel like I'm trying to juggle way too many goddamn characters right now, so.....

Currently Active

- Xhai (ManaVerse, Bio is in the works)

Potential Future Characters

- Maia (ManaVerse)

Inactive/Retired Characters (ie. Won't be featuring them in RPs and stuff. Just assume they're living their lives peacefully off-camera)

- Aaru
- Miyuki
- Cadmus
- Shu-Fang
- Saden & Leo
- Siraj
- Renny
- Shani
- Mika & Minty
- Galen
- Bell
- Ky
- Copy-Ruby
- Copy-Luna (at least as far as I'm concerned. Doc, if you wanna use her, go right ahead.)

ManaVerse bio for Xhai might be a work in progress if anyone cares. Same for Maia, otherwise I'll just leave 'em.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:49:11 PM by Strider Xhaiden »

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #893 on: April 02, 2016, 01:38:15 PM
I guess it's for the best. *salutes* O^O

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #894 on: April 02, 2016, 09:44:35 PM
Hey, hey. It's not like I'm saying they're gone for good. It's more....they're not the focus of the story right now.

Put On a Bus, I guess you could say.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #895 on: April 02, 2016, 09:49:23 PM
Not to mention it's not like you can't cameo them once in a while. 

I admit I have a head canon that Siraj became some sort of famous celebrity but his friends can't recognize him for one reason or another.  I mean there's more to the head canon but it's not my place to expand on that.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #896 on: April 02, 2016, 10:16:27 PM
Not to mention it's not like you can't cameo them once in a while. 

I admit I have a head canon that Siraj became some sort of famous celebrity but his friends can't recognize him for one reason or another.  I mean there's more to the head canon but it's not my place to expand on that.

Oh no, by all means, expand away!  8)

I'm always happy to take ideas and suggestions. What you've just mentioned is already miles better than whatever I'd have planned for him.  8)

Oh, and uh, since I've just retconned Xhai out of the main RPM canon, a slight change to Luna's backstory. She did entertain thoughts of escaping DrWilyII, but eventually decided against it. Him upgrading her into an MS Girl *may* have had something to do with it.

Ky's backstory is unchanged, and the only change to Ruby's is that Xhai wasn't present when Ky found her in the Junkyard.

As for what Ky and Ruby are doing with themselves now.....just sort of aimlessly wandering, I guess. Ky's hesitant to approach the resistance given his chequered history with them (announcing his return on social media nothwithstanding), and Ruby's sticking with him because she can't remember anything prior to be dumped in the Junkyard following her decommissioning. That said, she does feel like the colours White, Black and Yellow are significant for some reason, but has no idea why.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #897 on: April 02, 2016, 10:19:11 PM
Wait Xhai has be retconned out of Wilypocalypse?

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #898 on: April 02, 2016, 10:38:53 PM
In as much as he had a role in WilyPocalypse, yeah. Looking back over his skillset and whatnot, I figured he was a better fit for ManaVerse overall.

Gah, I'm really not explaining this properly. I know what I wanna say but actually putting it into words is difficult.

The "help-for-hire" business no longer plays an important role in the current canon because pretty much everyone responsible for the founding has been shelved, and Ky doesn't strike me as the type to settle for a humdrum life like that....at least not yet. I'm going to stick with the "He was hired to investigate the tower by a mysterious man who may or may not be DrWilyII" (who also hasn't realised just who he's hired) side of his role in things, and his other role (trolling the resistance to get their attention so he can get in on the fight against Doc) is still there, too. He's just operating independently since taking control of his new body.

That and, after looking back on it, Xhai's been little more than a side character in the recent oneshots anyway. Keeping him confined to ManaVerse for the time being will give me a chance to figure out exactly what I want him to be like as a character. It also means I don't hafta worry about trying to tie any more of Ky and Ruby's actions in to their work for a company that no longer exists. I mean, the "help-for-hire" thing never had a name anyway, so it's not much of a loss.

As mentioned before, the core group for WilyPocalypse, for me at least, is Ky, Ruby/RWBY and Luna (as and when Doc and I can agree on a time to bring her in and justifiably have her meet Ky and Ruby. Same goes for the "WBY" gang, as well.) Ky has more ties to the backstory of WP as a whole (and was arguably instrumental in kickstarting it in the first place), while Xhai was just sort of there, y'know?

Like I said, I'm probably not explaining this as well as I'd like to, but hopefully you can see what I'm getting at.  :|

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #899 on: April 02, 2016, 10:41:10 PM
No that makes sense and I understand why you did it too.