The Supplement RP Thread

Phi · 80937

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #825 on: March 11, 2016, 10:36:18 PM
Yeah if you were able to do it I would imagine that she would start looking like Chaud, only I'm sure he dyes the top white and leaves the bottom black.  But yeah Mika would have a Silver Top and Pink Bottom.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #826 on: March 11, 2016, 10:39:38 PM
Well, normally she dyes the entirety of it. Her natural colour would be showing from the roots in this situation.

Also, I just thought of the best way to set up Ky's introduction to Wilypocalypse following Ruby's introduction.

[spoiler]Does Websitia have a specific social-media site or....?[/spoiler]

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #827 on: March 11, 2016, 10:40:45 PM
[spoiler]We can make one definitely, though realistically it be on a Galactic scale rather than Planet scale like the real world.[/spoiler]

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #828 on: March 11, 2016, 10:54:55 PM
[spoiler]I see. Well, I've got time to give it some more thought. Seriously though, it could serve as perfect lead-in for when I eventually try and get back into that RP. Assuming it's made any progress between then and now  8D [/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #829 on: March 11, 2016, 10:56:06 PM
I'll try to update sometime next week, I have Finals soon.  Not to mention I really need to figure out that Irkalla fight now that there's a huge retcon, I almost wish we can skip it since Irkalla, and the other Death Master were tailing Xhai anyway.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #830 on: March 11, 2016, 11:02:41 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry about the mess my sudden withdrawal caused. It's going to be weird re-introducing Xhai to the canon and pretending he's never met anyone before....  -AC

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #831 on: March 11, 2016, 11:04:39 PM
Yeah maybe I can ask Fxeni if we can do just that, I think it would make it easier for me to concentrate on the other fight since I have some ideas.  Also need to talk to Unkawaii and Ammy too.  But hey we've had worse retcons due to.....circumstances.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #832 on: March 12, 2016, 12:37:52 AM
They were tailing everyone, so that'll probably stay. The fight can be dropped if everyone agrees though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #833 on: March 12, 2016, 12:39:35 AM
Yeah let me talk to Unkawaii.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #834 on: March 12, 2016, 11:25:04 AM
I admit, this one probably falls a little short of the standard set by the last two, but....

#009 - The Prodigy Returns

[spoiler]Abandoned WilyII Skull Fortress, Location Unknown

Mika slid the panel into place with practiced ease, noting with satisfaction the soft click as it locked in. Rising from her crouch, she stepped back to inspect her work.

She'd spent most of the last few months working on this, and at last the ramshackle, cobbled together mass of spare parts in front of her actually looked like the motorcycle she'd envisioned when she'd begun her efforts.

Unconciously, her gloved hand moved to grasp her pendant. Minty had been too badly damaged after shielding her from the impact of their fall from the airship, and she'd had no choice but to remove the android's AI Chip and leave the damaged shell where it lay. Now, that same chip hung around her neck, waiting for the day she'd have the time and resources required to construct a new body for it.

Realising what she was doing, she lowered her hand and flexed her fingers experimentally, still privately amazed that her idea had worked. Minty had absorbed most of the damage from the fall, but she'd still landed hard. When she finally woke up, she'd lost all the feeling in her left hand. Retrieving Minty's AI Chip with only one functional hand had been difficult, but she'd managed somehow.

Tired, hurt and lost, she'd wandered around for a few days before eventually stumbling across the dilapidated ruins of a structure that reminded her a lot of the one she'd found Typhon in. The inside hadn't been much better, strewn with mangled and battered robots as it was. It was by pure chance that she'd found the private living quarters, and -lacking any better options- she'd made the decision to stop and use the place as a safe haven from the elements. The discovery of a room stocked with practically nothing but Cup Noodles and Pocky had been welcome, so at least she wouldn't have to worry about food (although she'd come out of this with a lifelong hatred of both), and she'd managed to reconnect the water supply to the shower and sink easily enough, though the lack of hot water still annoyed her, months after she'd settled.

After spending a few days recovering, she'd taken to exploring her new surroundings, trying to get a feel for the place she'd be calling home for the foreseeable future. Eventually, once she'd seen as much as she was able to, she'd started investigating the numerous robot carcasses, looking for parts she could salvage to try and improve her situation a little. The discovery of a mostly-intact Sniper Joe had been a godsend, and with some time and effort, she'd managed to construct a crude-looking glove/exoskeleton for her damaged hand that just about gave her back complete functionality.

With that problem sorted, she'd started pondering ways to get back to civilization and start looking for her friends.  The answer to that little dilemma came when she found a pair of Mono-Roaders half-buried under a collapsed wall near the back of the fortress. It took her more time than she would've liked (damn her small frame!) to shift enough of the debris that she could salvage their tyres, but seeing the mostly-complete bike in front of her proved that the time had been well spent.

Yawning, she turned her back on the work-in-progress and headed back to the small travel-bed set up at the back of her living-space. There wasn't much more she could do without a functional power core, and with the limited amount of electricity available to her (courtesy of a portable generator she'd cobbled together from some of the other mostly-usable cores she'd found), she really didn't want to risk the lights going out on her while she fiddled with the bike's wiring. She'd sleep on it first, and make a fresh start in the morning.

The following day....

Mika was roused from her sleep by the faint sound of something moving around deeper inside the fortress. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she took a moment to compose herself, and crept from the room to investigate.

Trying to maintain a low profile, she gingerly picked her way through the wreckage-strewn hallways, heading in the rough direction of the noises. Stopping at a partially fallen doorframe, she steeled herself and snuck a peek into the adjoining room, eyes going wide at the sight that met her.

A Sniper Joe, this one completely intact -and more importantly, functional- was moving around the room, apparently looking for something. Luckily for her, it had its' back turned and didn't appear to have noticed her.

Ducking down, she closed her eyes, her mind already pondering this unexpected development.

"A Joe? Is it after something in particular?" - She shook her head - "No, if that were the case it wouldn't be looking around. A scout unit maybe? This is the second fortress like this that I've seen.....is the one responsible for building them trying to salvage whatever's left here? Agh, doesn't matter. I'll be in trouble if that thing finds me, but I don't think I can take it out on my own....."

Unfortunately, her stomach chose that moment to remind her that she hadn't eaten anything substantial since those Cup Noodles at lunch yesterday. She was on her feet and darting off down the corridor even as the Joe's cyclopic gaze moved over to the doorframe. It reached the entryway just in time to see Mika rounding a corner. It paused for a moment, as though listening to some unseen order, and then began pursuit.

Mika skidded to a halt at the edge of a large spike-pit (seriously, how in the hell did anyone get anything done in this place? Even something as simple as going to the kitchen for a snack must have been a life-threatening trip), and dropped to her knees, panting heavily. While she'd never been in particularly bad shape, months of eating nothing but noodles and Pocky combined with a lack of proper care and hygiene had taken a toll on her body. She forced herself back to her feet, and cursed under her breath as the Joe appeared in the doorway. She didn't think for a second that she'd be able to get past it, and with the spike-pit behind her she didn't have any other options. Somehow, the knowledge that she might well die here didn't hit her as hard as it logically should have.

Oddly, the Joe didn't move, simply staring at her with that unnerving red eye. An awkward minute passed, and then the Joe's visor flickered, and the hologram of a young woman in a blue vest appeared between them. The woman gave Mika an appraising look, and spoke: "So you're the one the Sniper Joe reported. I must confess I'm surprised to find anyone wandering around this place."

Mika regarded the newcomer with a wary expression. "Who are you?"

The woman gave a short bow. "Please forgive my lack of manners. My official designation is DW2-CBA-057, but you may call me Aile, for the time being."

Mika's eyes went wide. "DW2...? You're a Copy-Bot?"

A nod. "Indeed. My master has recovered several..-" She trailed off, and shot a look off to the side, apparently speaking to someone "off-camera"- "Sorry, but all this formal speech is making my head hurt. Can I just be me? Yeah? Great!" Turning back to Mika, she gave an impish grin. "Sorry about that. I'm Aile-bot #57, it's nice t'meetcha! So, where was I....? Oh yeah! DrWilyII's found some of the stuff you'd made before we shot your airship down, and he's impressed with how good you are. In fact, he's told all of us that if we ever met you, we're supposed to ask if you'd be interested in working for him." Her expression softened a little, and she spoke with genuine sympathy in her tone. "I know this isn't something you can just say "Yes", to. We DID attack your friends, and there's every possibility they're all....y'know, gone, but it's great working for the Doctor, I swear. We're like a big, happy family. Only with more Rabid Mets and lab explosions. Give it some thought and get back to us, yeah?"

Mika just stared, stunned at the offer. #57 adopted a thoughtful pose, and snapped her fingers as a sudden realisation came to her. "Oh, that's right, I nearly forgot. Luna and Typhon both say hi!"

Mika managed to regain control of her faculties enough to respond to that. "Th...They're okay?"

#57 nodded, a bright grin on her face. "Yup! Happier than ever. I'd bring 'em in to say hi, but I think they're both busy right now." She tilted her head as someone addressed her from off-camera again. "The Doctor wants to offer you a lift to wherever you want to go. Says it's the least he can do to apologise for attacking you."

Mika's expression turned thoughtful. She really didn't trust this "#57" or her master, but a chance to get out of this ruin and back to somewhere with people? After a minute's careful deliberation, she had her answer. "Could you please take me as close to RPM City as you can? I understand it might be a problem for you."

#57 considered that for a moment. "Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just follow the Joe, he'll lead you back to his vehicle, and you'll be back in RPM City in no time!" She shot Mika a warm smile, and the pinkette-turning-silvette was stunned by just how genuine it seemed. "Seriously though, please give the Doctor's offer some thought, will you? He's really not as bad a guy as everyone claims he is."

Mika nodded, her mind already turning this new development over to examine it from every angle she could conceive of.

#57 laughed. "Great! Hope to see you soon then!" The hologram gave a jaunty salute and flickered out. The Joe turned slightly to allow Mika room to pass and made a "follow me" gesture with its' arm. Mika wordlessly followed it, and was silent for the entire trip back to RPM City. She was dropped off on the outskirts, and wandered into the city proper, not really having a destination in mind. She had a lot to think about.

Saden watched with a mix of amusement and disgust as Leo -in her body for the first time since the "incident" at the bistro"- attacked her parfait with the kind of aggression one would normally expect from a starving wolf. She was about to open her mouth to say something, but was distracted by a glimpse of bubblegum-pink on the other side of the street. Casting a glance towards her comrade, who was too busy inhaling her dessert, she wandered across the road (completely ignoring the traffic. To the credit of the drivers, none of them batted an eyelid.) to investigate. Her mouth dropped open in shock as she saw a very familiar face sprawled out on a bench, apparently lost in thought. She drew closer.

"Mika....?"

Mika was broken from her thoughts by a voice she didn't recognise. Looking up, she was met with a white-haired girl, one side of her face swathed in bandages, staring at her in mute shock. "Do I know you?"

The girl started, and shot a look down at herself before giving a sheepish grin. "I guess you wouldn't recognise me like this. Believe it or not, I'm Saden."

Mika's eyes almost bugged out of her head at that, her other concern momentarily forgotten. "Saden!? What happened to you?"

Saden just laughed. "It's a long story." She pointed across the street, where her blue-eyed doppelganger was currently in the act of demolishing another parfait. "Come sit with us for a bit, I'll tell you most of it. Xhai can fill you in on the rest later."

Mika wasn't entirely sure how to respond to that. "Xhai...? He's alive?"

A nod. "Shani, Leo and Shu-Fang, too. There's one more with us, but he's....He defies description."

Mika was silent for a moment, her eyes closed in deep thought. Pushing the conversation from this morning to the back of her mind for the time being, she shot Saden a bright grin, her eyes glistening with happy tears. "Sure. I'd like that."[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #835 on: March 12, 2016, 01:02:21 PM
[spoiler]Indeed, I can be very reasonable! [eyebrow][/spoiler]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #836 on: March 12, 2016, 01:12:59 PM
[spoiler]Haha.....I was legitimately and sincerely trying to portray you as a reasonable guy there, and then you go and do the eyebrow thing....  XD

Seriously though, I DO see you as being a nice guy to anyone who works for you.[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #837 on: March 12, 2016, 01:32:53 PM
[spoiler]As mentioned somewhere else, I may be a slave driver, but I have standards too!
There IS a reason why everyone tolerates me in this world, at least, until I snapped. XD
[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #838 on: March 13, 2016, 08:47:29 PM
So I was looking up some height references since Sakura is 5 ft and by default she's already shorter than all of Xhaiden's crew bar Shu Fang. It's especially significant since she's 19 so she's pretty much done growing and since the first 14 years of her life was spent in the Lost Woods she probably wouldn't get the best nutrients despite being a pretty effective hunter gatherer with plenty of animals and fruit around.  In other words her height probably went to her boobs, much to her mild dismay.

However I wanted to compare her to the height of an anime character and found at bare minimum she's at least 2 Centimeters taller than Edward Elric before the end of manga FMA/Brotherhood since he's 150 cm and at bare minimum a person at 5 ft would be around 152.4 cm.  Also keep in mind that since Asch is a robo clone of PB he is 5'11 so I find this especially amusing.

Another thing I noticed is that I may have inadvertently gave Sakura a very mild form of Super Strength, mostly because even before becoming PB's Egoprentice and receiving Training from Hell from Hitomi she is able to lift her Absol with no problem which on average Absols are 170 lbs and she was able to pull Asch without trouble who is probably around 200 lbs at least, adrenaline rush or otherwise.  Now she wouldn't be able to lift a Car which is 4,000 lbs on average, but I think she would be able to lift a Car Engine which at minimum is about 330 lbs without too much effort.  I want to say her limit would be around 400 lbs, maybe more, so she can lift most Pokemon but anything heavier than a Brongzong would start to give her trouble.

I can probably handwave this by attributing it to Hitomi's afore mentioned Training from Hell and the fact that Sakura is half human.  Calien on the other hand is much stronger than he looks, like I imagine he could lift a Female Cow which is 1,600 lbs if he wanted to, but he may have trouble with a 2,000 lb Bull Cow, and he can lift a Bear since they seem to weigh less than a Female Cow.  I mean keep in mind that not only is Calien not human but he also used to be a Lumber Jack and he built a couple of Log Cabins by himself so it doesn't sound that strange when you put it that way. 

It's more for amusement than practical purpose mind you, but it's an interesting thought.  I mean it's definitely not Krytonion levels of strength, but still pretty significant.  Also keep in mind that Link in Ocarina of Time can lift about 6,336 pounds with the Golden Gauntlets based on if that pillar at Ganon's tower is made out of Granite, at least according to Death Battle.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #839 on: March 13, 2016, 10:07:31 PM
It's always interesting to hear/read stuff like that. I'll be honest, I never really gave much thought to exact height references for my characters, but reading that got me thinking....

Xhai's 5'8'', but I picture him being slim (waif-like?) with it. He's definitely on the light side due to his unique skeletal structure, and more fragile than the average human. His physical strength is lacking, too.

Aaru's 5'2'', but again, she's not particularly built, and height-wise I'd say she's pretty much done.

Saden (5'2'') and Leo (5'3'') are both in their early twenties physically, and had to have had a decent diet (pre-death, anyway) to make it as far as they did as knights, so I guess that can be justified. They're both toned as well, if only due to their training.

Shani's kind of an oddball, in that, proportion-wise, she's mostly leg. I picture her default standing position (5'7'') as being very similar to E-102 Gamma's "bent-legged" default stance in Sonic Adventure (I have the exact stance in mind, but can't think of a description that'd let me find a good reference). I only listed her "full" height (6'5'') as a reference. If she's squatting, she's probably closer to 3'0'' (and even shorter than that if she's crawling). She'd be lighter than she's listed (150lbs) if her human upper half wasn't ripped.

Ky's stats (5'5'' and 175lbs) can be handwaved easily enough. Alastor was built to fill a scouting role, and had to be light enough to maneuver through tricky terrain with little difficulty. He's probably a little on the short side, but then I seem to remember most Reploids being fairly average in terms of height, with only characters like Sigma and Signas being notable in that regard. He's definitely stronger than he looks, but as he's a combat model, that's to be expected.

Shu's easy enough. She turned in her early teens, and I'm willing to bet her weight (90lbs) includes all the toys she keeps stashed on her person. Those chainsaws can't be particularly light, anyway. Again, she's stronger than she looks, but that's just because she doesn't have to worry about physical limits for stuff like that to any real degree, being dead and all.

Mika's closest to Sakura's height (5'1''), but she's pretty much done growing, and she's slim with it due to malnourishment. It's not likely her physique will ever adjust for the months she spent living on Cup Noodles and Pocky, at any rate.

I'm still writing her bio, but according to the RWBY wiki, Ruby's stats put her at 5'2''. She doesn't have a weight listed, but I was gonna futz that anyway to account for her status as a Copy-Bot (along with certain unique internal features.) Her physical strength'll be disproportionate but not ludicrous, if everything I have planned makes sense when I finish writing it.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #840 on: March 18, 2016, 01:12:04 AM
Bleh, this one fought me for a long time. Hopefully, it came out alright.

Disclaimer: I don't own the character of Ruby Rose. I might have some minor claim to the Robo-Clone version, though.

Personal Disclaimer: Ky's rant towards the end of this isn't intended to upset or offend anyone, and I apologise in advance if that ends up being the case. It certainly wasn't my intention.  '>.>

Oh, and the final bit? That's my intended lead-in for introducing Ky and Ruby into Wilypocalypse. Hopefully. Xhai and/or Shani currently stand as the candidate(s) for ManaVerse.

With this, the gang's all present for now. Im'ma hold off on bringing any of my other characters back for a while so I can focus on the ones currently present.

Hope you guys enjoy, and please remember, feedback and criticism are always welcome!  8)

#010 - Roses and Rust

[spoiler]???

Am I.....alive?...

It's so dark....

Is anyone out there?.....

Hello....?

Whatever I did, I'm sorry!

Please.....

....I don't want to be alone.....

RPM Junkyard, early morning

Ky shot a bored look skyward, and gave an audible sigh. Turning, he addressed his companion. "Yo, Birdy, why're we here again?"

Xhai paused in his inspection of a particularly large pile of scrap metal, and responded with an irritated glance. "Mika gave us a list of things she needed and asked us to start looking here, remember? And don't call me "Birdy"."

Ky smirked. "You got it, Feathers. Seriously, though. What are we looking for specifically?"

Xhai resisted the urge to facepalm at Ky's retort, and instead consulted the list he'd been given. If he was being honest with himself, he could barely make sense of what was written on it, and was inwardly grateful that his pink-haired friend had deigned to include a basic description of each item. At least he had a vague idea of what some of this stuff looked like. Though quite why she'd insisted he bring Ky of all people along was beyond him. He seemed to remember her saying something about using the robot as a packhorse, but so far he hadn't found a single thing she'd said she'd needed. Shaking his head, he turned his full gaze on his comrade. "Ky, if you're so bored, why don't you go take a nap in the car or something? I'll call you if I need you."

Ky shrugged. "Fine by me. If you consider what you're doing from a robot's point of view, this is pretty friggin' grim anyway."

Xhai blinked, not understanding what Ky was getting at. Ky pointed at the badly-rusted husk of a Sniper Joe, sprawled at the foot of a pile of weather-beaten cars. "Junkyards are pretty much robot graveyards. You, my friend, are a grave-robber. Can you live with that on your conscience?" He shot the demi-falcon an irreverent grin and sauntered off before Xhai could respond.

Xhai gave another confused blink before shaking his head and turning back to the task at hand.

Ky wandered aimlessly through the junkyard, his eyes fixed on the cloudless blue sky above him. He had intended to take Xhai up on his suggestion and head back to the car, but he found he was suddenly feeling rather restless. and figured a walk might help him gather his thoughts. Perching himself on the edge of an old washing machine, he stared up at the sky again.

"Zakura loved days like this.....wonder where she is right now?"

It was rare for Ky to reminisce. These days things seemed to be moving a mile a minute, what with Xhai's old friends seemingly crawling out of the woodwork, and even before his "death" at the hands of borockman he'd never really had time to just sit and daydream like this. Running a rebellion was hard work, and not something he'd particularly enjoyed now that he'd had ample time to consider it.

"Really, everything I did was for her.....If that old fool had been willing to listen....maybe things would've turned out differently...

Leaning back, he closed his eyes and reached out over the wireless network. With a little luck, he'd find a halfway decent radio station to listen to while he waited for Xhai to finish whatever it was he was doing. Relaxing a little more, he folded his arms behind his head and idly "thumbed" through the frequencies he'd picked up.

Country.....country.....oh hey, Rush, cool.....rap....hello.....?.....country....wait, what?"

He flicked back through his queue. One of those hadn't sounded like a radio at all.

....lone.....please......

It was a credit to his reflexes that he didn't fall off his perch as he bolted upright, eyes going wide in shock. This signal was....! Concentrating, he focused on the signal and pushed his conciousness out over the network, intent on following it back to the source.....

Wireless Network/Cyberspace

His progress was halted by one of the largest and most complex firewalls he'd ever seen. He paused, examining it, and mentally cursed up a storm when he figured out what it was.

"I thought I recognised this coding pattern.....the Doctor again...."

Taking a metaphorical step back, he examined the firewall again, more focused this time, and another wave of frustration surged from him when he realised it was dual-coded. He could crack the protection on the incoming side, but he'd need to do the same on the outgoing side before the damned thing would come down. Unfortunately, even with that knowledge, he'd need a stronger connection to this mysterious signal if he was ever going to be able to do more than scratch it. Reigning himself in, he got as close to it as he dared, and briefly flared his presence, hoping to attract the attention of whoever it was that was apparently on the other side.

???

......?

....Is someone there?

......I can't move.....

....Whoever's there, can you hear me?

"....Whoever's there, can you hear me?"

Ky breathed a mental sigh of relief when he got a response. He'd taken a big risk in announcing his presence like that, but it seemed his gambit had paid off. The response was faint, almost as though the one speaking to him was still a great distance away, but he'd cope with that. Taking another tentative step towards the firewall, he called out.

"Yes, I can hear you.....-" He paused, unsure of how to proceed. "-...I guess you'll want some help with this barrier, hm?"

There was a long moment of silence, and for a moment Ky thought he'd said the wrong thing....again, but the response he got wasn't quite what he expected.

".....You'll.....help me? Please!"

The voice sounded almost frantic. Ky frowned. What the hell was going on? He shook his head. The first thing he needed to do was try and get a better connection. Keeping his voice level, he called out again.

"Yes, I'll help you, but I need a stronger hold on your signal to do it. Could you do something to let me know where you are?"

For a moment, he felt the other presence grow stronger, before it faded again. With a speed that belied his normal, casual air, he latched onto the point he'd felt it emanate from and his eyes went wide.

It's in the junkyard!?

The voice spoke up again, weaker than before.

"Sorry.....I can't do any more.....so tired...."

The connection was growing weaker by the second, so Ky pushed a strong feeling of gratitude through it, and broke the link with a final statement.

"Sit tight. I'll find you, I promise.

RPM Junkyard, mid-morning

Ky hopped from his perch as his conciousness returned, and he shot a calculating look around his surroundings, trying to use the data he'd gotten from the brief link he'd shared to work out where he was headed. His sensors finally locked on to a very faint distress signal coming from somewhere east of his current position. Making a note of his current location, he turned and jogged back to where he'd left Xhai. The demi-falcon hadn't moved too far from his original position, and stood up to greet Ky when he came running up.

"Yo. Something wrong?"

Ky was unusually serious when he responded. "You might say that" He turned to stare into the distance. "Going to need your help, I think. You mind coming with?"

Xhai blinked, taken aback by his comrade's sudden shift in attitude. "Sure. Lead the way."

"Here? You sure?"

Xhai cast a dubious look at the large pile of -thankfully inactive- Rabid Mets that dominated the middle of the yard in front of him. Ky strode past him and started tossing the bodies to one side. "Yes. I'm sure. Now stop asking questions and give me a hand."

Taken aback by the irritation in the normally laid-back android's voice, Xhai did as asked, and found himself staring in shock as Ky eventually pulled a small, black clad figure from the depths of the pile.

Laying the figure on the ground in front of him, the two got a better look at their find. It was a young-looking girl, clad solely in a black, mesh-like undersuit. The exposed skin on her hands and feet sported numerous small tears, and small flashes of silver could be seen from underneath if the light caught them in the right way. Her hair was an inky-black, turning to a deep crimson at the tips. Her face was stained, presumably by coolant leaking from one of the Mets she'd been buried under, but it was the sightless grey eyes that caused Ky's anger to spike despite himself. His sensors swept across the form of the girl, scanning for damage and anything that may present a problem if and when he managed to get her back on her feet. He knelt, and was just about to attempt to reconnect with her on the network, when Xhai's hand on his shoulder stopped him short. The demi-falcon's expression was stony, his eyes betraying nothing, and when he spoke his voice was tight with barely concealed anger.

"Woah, woah, woah. What the hell are you doing? You see those wounds? If she's a robot she's probably one of his."

Ky would admit he was slightly surprised by the amount of venom injected into that last word. He took a moment to formulate a response, knowing why Xhai had reacted in such a way. He'd been told what had happened to two members of Xhai's group before he'd reawakened in Alastor's body, and it seemed that particular incident was still weighing on his friend's mind. Keeping his tone level, he met Xhai's gaze evenly.

"I'm helping her. Yes, she's probably one of the Doctor's, but I don't see how that's relevant. She needs help, and I'm in a postion to help. Be honest with yourself, Xhai. Are you seriously telling me you're okay with just leaving her here?"

If Xhai had caught the subtle rebuke, he didn't acknowledge it. "How do you know she needs help? Looks like nothing more than an empty shell to me."

Ky tapped his forehead. "I'm a robot, remember? I picked up a signal on my comms network. She's still in there, Xhai. I am NOT leaving her like this."

The two stared each other down for a long moment, before Xhai averted his gaze, apparently unwilling to argue the point.

"Fine. I won't try and stop you, but.....why do you care so much about this anyway? I've never seen you this focused before..."

Ky turned his attention back to the girl, and for a moment Xhai thought he was ignoring the question. Then, Ky's shoulders visibly slumped, and when he responded, his tone was thick with.....self-loathing?

"I care because she begged me to help. I care because she reminds me of a promise I made to someone a long time ago.....a promise I couldn't keep." He turned back to face his friend, a loose grin decorating his features. "And besides, when a cute girl asks for help you don't say no, y'know?" Seeing the wary expression on the brunette's face, his expression softened slightly. "Look, I get why you're concerned, I do. But....could you really live with yourself if you just ignored this?"

Xhai scowled. THAT had been something of a low-blow. Ky wasn't quite finished, though.

"If it makes you feel any better, you have my word that I'll take full responsibilty for anything that may come about as a result of what I'm about to do."

If Xhai responded, Ky didn't hear it. He'd already reconnected to the network and reached out for that presence again....

Taking a moment to reorient himself, Ky scowled at the sight of the firewall. Flaring his signal again, he was relieved when he felt the other presence respond, and a faint, indistinct figure materialised on the other side of the barrier. The girl spoke again, her voice tinged with surprise.

"You came back!"

Ky bowed his head. "I promised you I would. I can take this barrier down, but I'll need your help to do it."

The girl was silent for a moment. "But....I don't know how to....-"

Smiling, he pushed a little more on the link and sent a wave of what he hoped was reassurance along it. "Just relax. I'll tell you exactly what you need to do, okay?"

He explained what he'd discovered while analyzing the firewall, and the girl nodded her head eagerly. She moved further down the length of the barrier, and stood waiting for his signal. Ky studied the barrier again, and finally raised a hand, holding it over the portion his analysis had identified as "his" side of the lock. The girl mirrored his motion, and after another moment to confirm her positioning was correct, they struck as one, hands sinking deep into the barrier in an eyeblink and withdrawing just as quickly. A few seconds passed, and Ky was beginning to think he'd gotten it wrong, when cracks started to spider-web their way from the points of impact, picking up speed as they travelled outwards. Finally, the barrier collapsed on itself, sending a shockwave through the network. Flashing the girl a thumbs-up, Ky withdrew from the network and reawakened in the real world, shuddering as he did so. The girl spasmed violently and went still, though her eyes sported a faint glow that hadn't been there before. Ky grinned. He'd helped with the hard part, now the rest was on her.

DrWilyII's base, location unknown

DrWilyII looked up from his magazine as a light started blinking on his computer. Scooting his chair over, his fingers ghosted across the keyboard as he read the report he'd just received. Steepling his fingers for a moment, he lapsed into thought. At length, he reached over to a panel at his side and tapped a series of commands in. He'd planned for this eventuality.

RPM Junkyard

"What did you just do?"

Ky turned around at the question. Xhai was still casting wary glances at the still-prone form of the girl, but he couldn't quite keep the curiosity from his tone. It took the android a few seconds to compose an answer that his friend would understand. Describing the network to anyone that didn't already know about was a difficult prospect even at the best of times. He'd admit that part of his response was likely nothing more than conjecture, but if he knew the one responsible as well as he thought he did, it made more sense than any of the alternatives he'd considered.

"I'll spare you the technical stuff, but basically the old man locked her personality away and just dumped her here. In human terms, I guess the closest thing I could equate it to is lobotomising somebody then just tossing them out onto the street."

Xhai still didn't seem at ease. "Why would he do that?"

Ky shrugged. "Only he could answer that question with any certainty. She might be able to tell us, but..."

Xhai raised a questioning eyebrow. "But...?"

Ky's expression turned serious again, his tone oddly flat, as though he were trying to keep his emotions from showing. "If he's disowned her like this, chances are good he mind-wiped her first. It doesn't seem like he tampered with her personality at all, aside from suppressing it, but I'd be surprised if she could remember anything meaningful from before I met her on the network."

Xhai's eyes turned glassy and unfocused for a second, before his expression tightened. What Ky had said had apparently struck a chord with him and managed to force his initial objections to the side, if only briefly. "So, what do we do now?"

Moving his attention back to the girl, Ky reached out to her over the network and requested a status update. The automated systems responded quickly enough, and he frowned as he studied the data. "She's still trying to reboot. If I'm understanding this correctly, she's missing about three quarters of her programming, and that's caught her in a feedback loop. Gimme a sec." He shifted his focus back to the network and gently pushed through the still-weak defensive systems now protecting her core programming. It took another minute to locate her activation protocols, and about half that to locate the issue. Reaching out, he took a gentle hold of her core program and steered it around the mass of corrupted data that was preventing her from waking. He felt a brief spike of irritationconfusionhappiness from her, and withdrew once more.

Blinking his eyes back into focus, he requested another status update, and smiled at what he got. He turned back to Xhai even as the girl shifted slightly, fingers twitching as more of her systems reactivated. "There. She should be wide awake soon, though she'll probably be pretty confused. Xhai, please try to avoid scaring her, yeah?"

Xhai was silent, but nodded. Inwardly, his desire to help was warring with the trust issues he'd developed following Luna and Typhon's betrayals. It wasn't until the rational part of his brain reminded him that neither one of them would've wanted that that he was able to push the issue from his mind. He gave a weak smile and nodded again. "I'll do my best. Heh....looks like our little band of misfits and outcasts might've just grown by one, no?"

Ky was about to respond when his defensive systems screamed at him as they detected an incoming teleport signal. His eyes went wide with shock. "Xhai! Take her with you and get the hell out of here, now!"

Xhai look confused for a brief moment, but the urgency in his friend's voice quickly broke through and spurred him into action. "I'll see you back at the car." With that, he scooped the girl up in his arms and shot off towards the junkyard entrance. He disappeared from view scant seconds before the distinctive ba-woop of a teleport heralded the arrival of a newcomer.

Luckily for Ky, his back was to the intruder at the time, and he had a few seconds to try and formulate a plan. He'd recognised the encryption pattern on the teleport signal, it was the one DrWilyII used for his elite troops. Mind racing, a devious smirk split his face when he came up with an idea. A wonderful, horrible, terrible idea. Digging deep into his personality programming, he dredged up as much of Alastor's lingering code as he could and layered it on top of his own. A quick code-change had his eyes shifting from their usual mikado yellow colour to the deep scarlet that Alastor had sported during his time in DrWilyII's service. With any luck, this newcomer would take one look at his face and think that he was Alastor. Schooling his features into a neutral expression, he turned to face the new arrival.

He was met with the sight of a lean, humanoid figure in black and red armour. A small, shoulder-mounted flamethrower sat to the left of a smooth, featureless black mask. Straightening from it's crouch, the newcomer regarded Ky with a mixture of curiosity and disdain. "You are Alastor, correct? The Doctor's files list you as retired."

Fighting back a scowl at the disrespect in the Wilybot's tone, Ky kept his tone level and responded as he imagined Alastor would. "That's right. I was offline for a time, but I recently reactivated, and have been searching for a way back to the Doctor's side."

The newcomer tilted his head to the side, and shot a link-request across the network. Ky accepted, and pushed Alastor's code to the forefront again, pulling his own presence back to try and escape from the stranger's notice for now. He was apparently successful, as the Wilybot maintained the connection. They exchanged status reports, and Ky was intrigued at the apparent disconnect between the other android's physical status and it's mental status.

A reploid body.....with the AI of a Fortress Boss? What the hell is the Doctor thinking?"

After another moment, the newcomer nodded, and shifted it's gaze to study the area around it. Ky remained still while he digested the information he'd unknowingly been handed, and began to ponder the implications of it. He was snapped from his musings when the newcomer spoke again. "Very well. Since you appear to still be loyal to the Doctor, I think he'd approve if I enlisted your aid in my mission. My name is Typhon, and I have been tasked with locating and eliminating a rogue unit."

Ky raised an eyebrow. "Rogue?"

Typhon nodded. "One of the Doctor's Copy-Bots was deemed to be a drain on resources, and was retired and left here. Somehow, it appears to have reactivated. The Doctor assures me that it remembers nothing of it's time serving him, but he has no desire to leave any potential "loose-ends" lying around. My mission is to locate this Copy-Bot and destroy it before the Resistance has a chance to potentially turn it against him."

Ky was silent for a long moment.

He's talking about that girl.....Hmph, I suppose I have no choice now....

With deliberate slowness, he began to reactivate his dormant combat subsystems, being careful to avoid Typhon's notice. Mindful of his audience, he spoke up.

"I see. Did the doctor inform you that this isn't the first time he's had to do something like this?"

Typhon seemed genuinely confused. "No. I wasn't aware this had happened before. You know differently?"

Ky gave a loose shrug. "Yeah, a long time ago. One of the original Copy-Bots.....Zakura, I think her name was. Apparently she got a little too independant for the Doctor's liking and tried to strike out on her own. He ordered her termination, but I heard she got away when one of the Big 4 intervened and destroyed the units he'd sent to retire her."

Typhon nodded. "I had heard rumours that there were traitors in the Doctor's ranks in the past. Zakura was listed as destroyed not too long ago, and it's common knowledge amongst his forces that Robo-Ky was the other traitor. He was killed by borockman sometime last year, wasn't he?"

Ky nodded, privately amused by this whole conversation. "That's what I heard. I gotta say, though, some parts of that story strike me as ringing a little false."

The Fortress Boss-turned-Reploid sounded confused. "How so?"

Now.

RPM Junkyard, same time

Xhai gently set the girl down in the passenger seat of the rental car, still slightly conflicted over his actions. Turning his head to look back in the direction he'd come from, his thoughts turned to his friend.

Hope you know what you're doing, Ky....

Movement behind him caught his attention, and he shifted to see the girl staring at him, worry and fear evident in her eyes. Seeing such human emotions reminded him of the first time he'd met Luna, and any objections he'd had regarding this girl's presence died as he shot her a warm smile and saw her return it. It was small, and carried a distinct hint of nervousness, but it was a smile nonetheless. The wind picked up around them, and the girl shivered from the cold. Before he was even concious of what he was doing, Xhai had doffed his jacket and draped it over her shoulders. She snuggled into it and shot him another smile, a genuine smile this time, before speaking.

"Thanks...."

He grinned at her. "Don't mention it."

Now.

With Typhon's question, Ky saw his moment, and he realised exactly what he wanted to do. Closing his eyes as though collecting his thoughts, he brought all of his offensive and defensive subsystems to bear, and extended his presence over the network to catch Typhon's in a vice-like grip. The Fortress Boss struggled, but his AI wasn't on the same level as Ky's, and he wasn't able to do anything other than flail uselessly, lacking the creativity required to try more esoteric methods of escape.

In the real world, Ky let the coding on his eyes revert back to normal, but kept them closed even as Typhon sank to his knees with a pained grunt, his motor controls shutting down under Ky's relentless pressure. He tried to speak, but found his vocal systems were offline too. All he could do was sit there, and listen.

Maintaining his previous conversational tone, Ky answered Typhon's query. "Well, for starters, Zakura was never a traitor. The only thing she was guilty of was managing to exceed the boundaries of her programming. She wanted freedom, and the Doctor wasn't willing to grant it, so he sent the termination units. Robo-Ky got involved because he was....attached....to her and refused to let her be lost for such a pointless reason. The whole "destroyed" thing might be accurate, but since she dropped off the radar entirely, who knows where she is right now?. As far as Robo-Ky goes, he rebelled afterwards in disgust, and you're right, he was destroyed by borockman. Funny thing, though....-" He activated the remote recall on his armour.

Typhon's eyes went wide behind his mask as "Alastor"'s armour materialised around him. The Doctor's files had listed Alastor as wearing simple blue and white armour, with nothing to really set him apart from any of the Doctor's other minions. Now, though, the reprogrammed Reploid was covered in more ornate looking white and purple, with a purple cape covering his back, from his shoulders down to his knees.

Ky flashed Typhon a manic grin as his armour finished materialising, eyes glittering with amusement. "-..."destroyed" isn't the same as "dead"." He couldn't help laughing as he caught an echo of Typhon's emotions over the network. Confusion, anger, fear all at once. He threw his head back and roared with laughter at just how lost the Fortress Boss seemed to be. Forcing himself back into a calm state, he regarded Typhon with an almost pitying look, though his tone remained light and cheery. Unfortunately for Typhon, he'd spotted an opportunity to get some things off his chest, and wasn't about to let it pass.

"Tell me something, is that smug, jumped-up prick boforte still mouthing off to anyone who'll listen about how great he is because he's one of the Big 4? Funny how he never mentions he only got the job because I wasn't around anymore. Heh, if you think about it, he's the USAgent to my Captain America. It's kinda sad, honestly. I'd be more inclined to take him seriously if his main weapon wasn't [tornado fang]ing durians. The biggest, baddest group of 'bots under Doc's command, and his go-to beatstick is a crappy borockman knockoff that attacks people by throwing fruit at them? Ridiculous......although, now that I think about it, producing underwhelming crap seems to be all the old man's good for these days. I will admit there ARE exceptions. The Copy-Bots are an amazing idea, but I'll get to those in a second. For now, let's look at the evidence, shall we? We have boforte, who -as I've mentioned- is a crappy borockman knockoff. We have buns, who's a crappy Roll knockoff, and now we have you, a Fortress Boss who thinks it's a Reploid. What's the phrase....."You can't polish a turd?"....doesn't matter how much he upgrades your body or how many pretty toys he outfits you with, it's never going to amount to any more than dolling a Push-Bike up to look like a Harley. Sure, it looks pretty, but it'll never perform to the same standard. Now that I think about it, he seems to have made a career out of stealing other people's ideas. He's great at conceptualising, but innovating? Have you seen some his "Robot Masters"? Vuvuzela Man? Coffee Man? Let's be honest, in terms of his original ideas, he's the Ken Penders of evil geniuses. Able to copy, but can't create worth a damn. I'd call the Copy-Bots the exception, but even then, the proof is in the name."

Taking a slow step forward, he crouched to look Typhon in the face, his tone and expression turning serious and almost....sad.

"But that's the thing. You could be so much more than what you are. Hell, every single robot he has could be so much more if he was willing to let them think for once. The Copy-Bots are the only truly decent idea he's had in years, and even then they're so heavily restricted by their programming it's a wonder they're not all a bunch of drooling idiots. Creating an AI so advanced it can actually pass for human is an amazing feat, and one he should be proud of. Instead, he's so afraid they'll get sick of his [parasitic bomb] that as soon as one of them starts exhibiting any kind of truly independent thought, BOOP - RESET BUTTON. Look at Zakura, look at that girl you came here to kill. He's decided they have to die, when all they appear to have done is exactly what they've been built to do, and that's just live. It wouldn't take much, just a couple extra lines of code, and you could have a mind like mine. Free, governed only by your own thoughts. S'why he always tried to keep me happy, y'know? He couldn't put me under his thumb like all his other mooks, much as I'm sure he'd have liked to. The truly sad part is, he's never going to do that. He'll never let you, or any of his other minions, off the leash because he's afraid the first thing you'll do is abandon him. He's afraid of being alone, so instead of trying to cultivate meaningful relationships with other people, he builds a bunch of fawning, sycophantic yes-bots whose sole purpose in life is to cater to whatever ridiculous whims he's decided he has that day."

He broke off for a moment to clamp down on Typhon's struggles over the network before resuming his speech.

"I'll let you in on a little secret that a good friend of mine told me. Zakura, that girl and that Copy-Bot PB aren't the only WilyBots to have broken their programming and earned their freedom. There were two more, but he found them and dragged them back. My friend and I are determined to rescue them, but I really don't know if we can save them both. All I'll say is this: If he hasn't mind-[tornado fang]'d you too badly, you should know both of them very well."

Rising from his crouch, he tore through Typhon's mental defences and fiddled his activation protocols so the Fortress Boss would regain access to his systems on a time-delay, before slamming a boot into his face and pinning him to the ground under his heel. Fishing a cellphone out from a compartment on his forearm, he snapped a quick picture of something and strode from the clearing, leaving Typhon flat on his back, unable to do anything other than stare at the sky above him. Pausing at the very edge of the clearing, he called over his shoulder. "Take a message back to the old man for me, would ya? If he still wants that girl dead, he can send anyone he wants. Just tell him not to send anyone he wants back". With that final threat hanging in the air, he left and headed to the place Xhai said he'd be waiting.

Xhai hefted the bundle into the trunk of the car just as Ky appeared from around the corner. Quirking a brow at the sight, the Reploid asked "What's that? You find something important?"

Xhai slammed the trunk closed and turned to his friend, an audible shrug in his voice. "I 'unno. Ruby said she'd lost something important, so I went looking. Apparently, I found it."

Ky blinked. "Ruby?"

Xhai shot him an odd look. "That girl you were so insistent we help? Her name's Ruby Rose, but she prefers Ruby. Oh, and sorry, but you'll need to ride in the back on the way home, she's kinda fallen asleep in the passenger seat."

Ky shot a glance through the window. Sure enough, Ruby was snuggled in the passenger seat, sleeping peacefully with Xhai's jacket still wrapped around her. He smiled at the sight. Knowing he'd been able to help her was worth all the trouble he'd probably just brought onto his head. Once she woke up, he'd have to find a way to stop the Doctor from tracing her. Wouldn't do for Xhai to have his home attacked again, especially after Ky had promised to take responsibility for taking her in. Shrugging, he popped a rear door open and slid inside. "Fair enough. Um, I might have let DrWilyII know I'm still alive, by the way."

Xhai, who'd just strapped himself into the driver's seat and started the ignition, shot him a look over his shoulder. "What did you do?"

Ky just grinned.

The following day, the citizens of RPM -and some of the outlying Orbital Stations- were surprised to see a long-dormant social media account listing a new activity. A single photo of a young-man clad in white and purple armour, standing proudly over a fallen robot met their eyes, along with a caption:

"Just roflstomped one of DrWilyII's Elite Mooks. LOL. #RideTheLightning #DESTROYED."[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #841 on: March 18, 2016, 01:35:18 AM
[spoiler]How did Ky know about Asch's betrayal, does he keep up with the news and saw Asch during a battle in St. Acidburg?[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #842 on: March 18, 2016, 02:55:24 AM
[spoiler] :o O^O ;^; *runs away*[/spoiler]

[spoiler]W-was that really all just y-y-your repressed frustrations!? ;O;[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #843 on: March 18, 2016, 03:02:22 AM
To be fair Zeta would say a lot of the same things, the difference is that for Ky is that it's much more personal. 

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #844 on: March 18, 2016, 11:12:11 AM
[spoiler]How did Ky know about Asch's betrayal, does he keep up with the news and saw Asch during a battle in St. Acidburg?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I see it as he either picked up on it when he was lying dormant in Siraj's cybernetics at some point, or he just straight up ripped that particular tidbit from Typhon's databanks while he had him restrained. I wouldn't put it past him to be so ruthless in his methods, particularly if he's ticked off like he was here.[/spoiler]

Oh, and I'm contemplating a direct follow-up to this to deal with the aftermath a little better. I feel like I kinda rushed some stuff now that I'm reading it again. That said, I'm gonna put some spoiler-tagged bits in Ruby's bio that should hopefully clear up some of the more confusing stuff that I alluded to as well.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #845 on: March 18, 2016, 11:24:31 AM
[spoiler] *still curled up in a fetus position, crying quietly* O^O[/spoiler]

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #846 on: March 18, 2016, 11:31:58 AM
[spoiler] *still curled up in a fetus position, crying quietly* O^O[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Seriously though, I didn't mean to legitmately upset you or anything, Doc. I just started writing Ky's motive rant and it kinda snowballed....  '>.>

But I am sorry if I upset you.[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #847 on: March 18, 2016, 01:04:05 PM
[spoiler]
You sounded like you were having way too much fun writing that part up! O^O

Though it does give me a legitimate reason to snap. At least ONE reason.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
... ARGH ONE OF MY WEAKNESSES
I CAN'T STAY SAD/ANGRY AT A SAD PANDA *cuddles*
[/spoiler]

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #848 on: March 18, 2016, 09:37:29 PM
Sorry..... I'll try to tone down Ky's rants in future.... '>.>

Speaking from an OOC standpoint, Sakura's right when she says Ky has some very good reasons for being angry with Doc. It's gonna be fun if/when they run into each other in Wilypocalypse.

Well, whatever. Gotta get Ruby's bio posted, then Im'ma take a break from writing for a little while to revive an older project of mine. If I write anymore in the future, they'll probably be more lighthearted. I feel like I swayed way too far into grimdark territory with the last few.  :\

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #849 on: March 18, 2016, 10:26:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the Doc is joking there Strider, or at the very least method acting......