Phi · 80893

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #675 on: February 22, 2016, 04:25:33 PM
Typhon attempts cooking! 8D

Also I just thought of something, evil alternate dimension Fxeni also has exposed Cybernetics and we know the alternate Wily in his dimension was behind corrupting him.  We also know Wily was a backer for project Xhaiden and Siraj, so you think maybe those elements could be connected somehow?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: February 22, 2016, 04:45:59 PM
 >0<
Hahahah, a cook-off oneshot sounds like an amazing idea. I might have to try and do something with that. Don't think it'll be as long as the others I've written so far, but that could very well be the most entertaining thing I'll ever write!

As for the other thing, I had no idea that Alter-Fxeni was in a similar boat. You've got a point though, that could make for some very interesting stories, especially with how I plan to tie Shani in to Xhai's backstory when she finally makes a proper appearance.

Doc, Fxeni, what do you think of this?

Get me, building on the lore without being aware of it.  8)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #677 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:57 PM
Yeah definitely talk to Fxeni since he definitely has his own plans, but that could be an interesting footnote.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #678 on: February 22, 2016, 04:51:23 PM
On my half, I say go wild.
It's nice to see the RPM lore expanding.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #679 on: February 22, 2016, 04:58:50 PM
Also......

[spoiler]The revalation of Cadmus' treasure horde actually being mostly made of dragon [parasitic bomb].[/spoiler]

Because that's actually a pretty common thing.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: February 22, 2016, 05:02:00 PM
[spoiler]Dragons [parasitic bomb] gold/gems/rare equipments!?[/spoiler]

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #681 on: February 22, 2016, 05:08:36 PM
Also......

[spoiler]The revalation of Cadmus' treasure horde actually being mostly made of dragon [parasitic bomb].[/spoiler]

Because that's actually a pretty common thing.

I can probably use that, too. I'm picturing him leading Aaru on with a load of big talk and then looking absolutely trollish when she finds out the truth.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #682 on: February 22, 2016, 05:10:31 PM
[spoiler]Dragons [parasitic bomb] gold/gems/rare equipments!?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Only if the equipment is made with said gems/gold.[/spoiler]

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #683 on: February 22, 2016, 05:14:21 PM
Actually, scratch my previous post. I know exactly what I want to do with that "Treasure Hoard" idea.  bVd

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #684 on: February 22, 2016, 11:45:53 PM
Added Shu-Fang's bio. I'm really happy with the way she came out, and I hope you guys like her, too!  8)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #685 on: February 23, 2016, 01:19:33 AM
[spoiler]Only if the equipment is made with said gems/gold.[/spoiler]
Mind. BLOWN. *headsplode*

Added Shu-Fang's bio. I'm really happy with the way she came out, and I hope you guys like her, too!  8)
Time to binge read all 3 latest additions! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: February 23, 2016, 01:28:48 AM
You're welcome! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #687 on: February 23, 2016, 01:57:48 AM
*head forms back*
Ahem, just finished my binge reading.

Shu Fang is now officially one of my favorite OCs. XD
Great job there Strider!

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: February 23, 2016, 10:51:55 AM
I took your "Treasure Hoard" idea and ran with it, Sakura.

Hope everyone likes!

[spoiler]For bonus points, see if you can name who numbers #22-#25 are imitating. No prizes, unless you can think of something I'd be able to do for you.[/spoiler]

Without further ado....Oneshot #004 - All That Glitters....

[spoiler]The door to DrWilyII's office slid open as Aile-bot #57 strode through. "Doctor, your hunch was correct. We've located a dragon, and we believe they're guarding a treasure hoard of not inconsiderable size."

DrWilyII looked up from the forms he'd been examining. It was painful to admit, but even evil masterminds have to file their taxes. "Wonderful. #57, please inform numbers 3-through-7 that I have a job for them-" He paused for dramatic effect, missing the exasperated look on #57's face "-and send in the Cosplay Rangers, too! I want this done right!"

#57 made a mental note, and was already connecting to the base's security cameras to locate the relevant people. "Understood. To prevent any.....misunderstandings....what are their exact orders?"

DrWilyII swept a hand in front of him, his glasses shining. "Raid the treasure hoard! Strip it bare and deposit it all into Test Chamber 3." And then, almost as an afterthought, "Oh, and bring the Dragon in, too. Alive if possible. I've been looking for a new guinea pig."

Nodding, #57 sent a message over the bases' wirless network. "Would numbers 3 through 7 and 22 through 26 please report to the hangar bay. You have work." Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, she asked "Will there be anything else, Doctor?"

He thought for a moment, then opened a draw on his desk and removed a maid oufit. He handed it to her. "Yes. Please deliver this to Lunamaria, will you? I'm growing tired of the catgirl costume." His gaze flickered back to his desk for a moment, the tax forms completely forgotten. "Now leave me. I have SCIENCE to see to."

"As you wish, Doctor. I will ask the mission crew to contact you when they've succeeded." As she turned and left, #57 rolled her eyes. Everyone on base knew what the Doctor kept in his desk, even if he didn't know they knew.

Cadmus blearily cracked an eye open as the sound of multiple footsteps reached his ears. "Wonderful. More thieves, no doubt.". With a languid stretch, he rose from his position on the floor and watched with disinterest as small group of near identical humans wandered into his cave. Their outfits were strange to him, nothing like the armour his last few visitors had worn, but then, how long had it been since anyone dared to approach him like this?

He snorted, and addressed the crowd of apparently awestruck would-be thieves. "State your business. Now."

Aile-bot #24, affectionately referred to as "Cosplay Ranger Black", stepped forward. "We are here for your treasure. And you. Please, surrender quietly and I promise we will not harm you."

Cadmus actually snarled at that. How dare these arrogant creatures demand things from him? Forcing himself to maintain his composure, one of his forelegs snaked out and came to rest on a large rock just in front of him. "I see. I am sorry to disappoint you, little one, but no one orders me around." With that, he flicked the rock towards the black-clad human, fully expecting it to smear her across the wall behind them. What he didn't expect was for the little black insect to dodge by slowly leaning backwards, arms pinwheeling dramatically. Was it just him, or had time actually slowed down for a moment?

#24 resumed her previous casual stance. "You leave us no choice. #26-" The pink clad member of the team perked up "-go and inform our comrades that we should be done shortly. And start unloading the wheelbarrows and shovels."

Cadmus roared in fury as one of the humans ran off back towards the entrance. The battle was on.

#23, Blue, laughed at how slow this dragon was. How on earth did they get such a fearsome reputation? Nimbly dodging another swipe of those massive claws, she ran a gloved hand through her hair and decided to mock him by jogging on the spot for a few seconds, her red sneakers scuffing against the bare stone of the cave floor. "C'mon, step it up! You'll never hit me if you move THAT slow!"

Taking advantage of the distraction, #22, Red, unleashed a volley from her twin guns before dashing in with the massive broadsword strapped to her back. Unfortunately, the gunfire had only served to infuriate the massive beast, and she caught a tailswipe that sent her tumbling across the cavern floor. Sliding to a stop next to #25, Yellow, she picked herself up and grinned. "Wow, this is one hell of a crazy party. You almost finished there, Yellow?"

#25 opened her eyes, sparks dancing between her fingers as she flexed them experimentally. "I think so. It took me a while to build up enough juice, but this should be enough to take that thing down. Mind getting his attention again?"

#22 laughed. "Sure, no problem. HEY SCALEFACE!". The dragon roared and swatted Blue and Black aside, advancing on the red-clad Copy-bot with murder in its' eyes. "Ready, Yellow?" A nod. "Okay then. 3....2....1....TAZE HIM, BRO!".

#25 responded to that with a withering glare, but did as asked. With a half-hearted mumble of "Pika...", a series of large cables sprang from her back and wrapped themselves around the dragon's forelegs before approximately 700,000 volts of pure electricity lanced through them. The cavern was briefly lit up as the dragon gave a final rage-filled howl of defiance, and then it collapsed, eyes rolled back into its' head.

#24 examined the beast briefly, nodding in satisfaction just as #26 returned with an armful of shovels, four other Copy-Bots behind her pushing large wheelbarrows. "Good. You're here. The dragon has been neutralised. Now, on to the treasure chamber. Remember, we are to leave nothing behind."

The comm on DrWilyII's desk beeped, and he tore his attention away from the catalogue he'd been browsing. Pushing the "Receive" button, he was pleased when #24's voice responded.

"Doctor, the mission is a success. The dragon has been safely neutralised and we have located the treasure chamber. I must ask though, are you certain you want us to take everything here?"

He failed to keep the irritation out of his voice. "#24, when I give you an order, I expect you to follow it! Now do as I told you and bring EVERYTHING in that room back with you!"

"Understood." #24 cut the connection and turned back to her colleagues, her professional demeanour cracking slightly. "Yep, that's what he wants."

The others all stood with incredulous looks on their faces, before #22 spoke up. "Oof, we've been given crappy jobs before, but this is just ridiculous. Y'know, why are we always the ones that have to do this? Why doesn't the old man ask-" She was cut off by a sharp glare from #24.

"You KNOW the Doctor has his favourite. Now stop asking pointless questions and grab a shovel. We have a job to do." #24 sighed. Sometimes she thought she wasn't getting paid enough for this. Or at all, really.

#57 re-entered the Doctor's office, holding a bundle under her arm. "The team you sent has returned and their....spoils....have been deposited into Test Chamber 3 as you requested. I also brought your bathing suit and fitted a diving board like you told me." She handed him a red-and-white striped old-timey Victorian bathing suit.

DrWilyII grinned. "Thank you, now please leave while I get changed." As the door slid shut behind her, he clapped his hands together in excitement. He'd always wanted to be like Scrooge McDuck.

In the hallway, #57 was stopped by #24, who simply asked "Should we tell him?"

#57 paused, and floated a thought across the wireless network. At length, a mischievous smile crept across the face of every Aile-bot in the base. Finally, a chance to get a little payback for the [parasitic bomb] the Doctor kept putting them through.

Lunamaria was still struggling to tie the apron on her godforsaken maid outfit, when a muffled-and distinctly MALE- scream of horror filtered through the airvents. She stopped. "Huh. Wonder what that was all about?[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #689 on: February 23, 2016, 11:48:33 AM
[spoiler]I'm guessing #24 is Shadow, #23 is Sonic, #25 is Pikachu... Not so sure on #22 is... Knuckles?

And holyshi- XD[/spoiler]

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #690 on: February 23, 2016, 11:53:22 AM
[spoiler]You got one right. #22 is Dante, #23 is Sonic, #24 is Neo, #25 is Pikachu, and while it's never stated, I envisioned #26 as Moka from Rosario + Vampire[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: February 23, 2016, 12:07:19 PM
[spoiler]Never would have guessed Dante, and Neo made a lot more sense in hindsight... XD[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #692 on: February 23, 2016, 06:52:59 PM
[spoiler]It's still not enough payback against Wily, but it sure as hell was a start. XD[/spoiler]

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #693 on: February 23, 2016, 07:01:33 PM
Haha....honestly, I'm glad this stuff's being so well received. I was worried I might have lost my knack for writing after such a long period of doing nothing. (Hell, my FF.net account was last updated...2005, according to the datestamps.)

As I've mentioned before, I'm more than happy to take requests for one-shots.

Oh, that reminds me. Sakura, do you have a bio for Fugo that I can look at? I'm working on Miyuki right now and I don't want anyone to think I'm cribbing too hard off him  ;)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #694 on: February 23, 2016, 07:21:04 PM
Not reaally since he's actually not my character, he belongs to borockman.

What I do know about him is that he's the heir to Santa Claus, who's  an uptight, ridgid, and judgemental [dark hold] in this universe, but betrayed him when he fell in love with Niu when he was supposed to stop her becoming the second Christmas Ninja instead.  He has everything Niu has except the twin peppermint daggers so he relies more on his Ice Sword for close range combat, the sword, shuriken and needles are made of unbreakable ice from Santa's workshop.

Even then borockman didn't really develop him that much, he even forgot his name when I asked about him.  I tried to portray him as a somewhat stoic man who cares about justice but can be deadpan, sarcastic and snarky due to a sort of having developed a sort of weirdness censor that most develop when residing in RPM, and the fact that he breaks windows in order to deliever Christmas presents.  He also tries to keep his crush on Niu hidden, to little success to everyone except Niu who is totally oblivious to it because of her genkiness and slight greediness which I added to her character before her profile was made.

I also mentioned he has done some minor bounty hunting to relieve boredom, but he doesn't take jobs requiring him to kill his target.  Also as far as I know he has no magic.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #695 on: February 23, 2016, 11:23:02 PM
Added Miyuki's bio.

As always, thoughts and feedback are welcome. Galen'll be up next. It would've been Shani, but writing the backstory I have for her means I gotta put some real work into fleshing out Xhai's as well.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #696 on: February 23, 2016, 11:55:24 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Xhai's crew is aware of Wily trying to screw them over now.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #697 on: February 24, 2016, 01:12:01 AM
I think it definitely goes two-way between me and Cadmus now. XD

... And then Luna... And Typhon... Then raid... Yep. Screws all over. XD

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #698 on: February 24, 2016, 10:05:47 AM
The best part of all of this is that, aside from Luna, no-one in the group even knows who Doc is (unless we're counting the currently unfinished Wilypocalypse as canon right now). Typhon has no memories due to never being activated until Mika stumbled across him, Cadmus and Shu-Fang were approached by the Cosplay Rangers (who never revealed who they were working for), and Xhai and Siraj only knew the researchers who worked on them. That the projects were backed by Doc means nothing because he never had an direct input on them, he stopped caring about Xhai as a person as soon as the project was reported a success, anyway.

Miyuki's aware that he *attempted* to hire her via proxy (the targets were Luna, and the three escapees from the facility. I have no idea if Doc even knows that Typhon's loose at this point), but has never actually met him. Luna knows more about him than anyone else in the group, but is physically unable to communicate any of what she knows to anyone that's not actively associated with him thanks to her programming. I guess Alastor would technically count, but seeing as he's pretty much braindead and hasn't been woken from hibernation since being forcibly placed there, it's highly doubtful he'd have anything to contribute.

If anything, the group as a whole could be classed more as "Accidental Heroes" than active ones. Anything they've done to screw Doc over, as individuals or otherwise, is pretty much just coincidence. Likewise, I don't know if Doc is intentionally targeting everyone (or how he even found out about some of them), or just the ones he has/had an active interest in.

Y'know what? Im'ma expand my oneshot intake to include character-driven Q&A sessions. Ask a question, either to a specific character, or the group as a whole, and I'll do my best to provide an in-character response for you. There might be some stuff I can't reveal yet, but I'll certainly do my best. This will include Galen and Shani, even though I haven't officially introduced them, yet.

Whether you wanna pose questions here or via PM is up to you. I just figured that since the RPs are ticking over (and I don't wanna have more than one or two characters active in either of them at any given time), this might be a good way of helping everyone get a better understanding of my characters and their personalities.  8)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #699 on: February 24, 2016, 10:16:04 AM
I place a lot of eggs in different baskets! XD