The Supplement RP Thread

Phi · 81118

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #575 on: April 11, 2015, 12:51:12 AM
The thing is it's not a Beam Weapon, like say Fxeni's Yamalok, it's 100% mechanical.  Like the crazy [parasitic bomb] you see in RWBY, or the New Type God Arcs in God Eater except without the Guns.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #576 on: April 11, 2015, 01:02:23 AM
Hmm... Maybe part of the handle and the spearhead fold up into the hammer head? It'll be a bit shorter, but still long enough to be 2-handed. OOH! And maybe made of a metal that can absorb and release kinetic energy (vibranium does that, right? o3o ).

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #577 on: April 11, 2015, 01:06:03 AM
Eh that might be the best bet in terms of how the Spear turns into a Hammer.  But the Hammer doesn't really do that kinetic energy thing it's more like how Amy Rose uses her Hammer in Sonic Adventure 1.  Not to mention it's Wind Elemental for the most part, Zeta is able to Channel Wind in her attacks, like an Air Bender, but her Duel Gale is mainly just a tool to execute them.  Much like how Borock-bot uses his Ping Pong Paddles to channel his spells.

I know how the Hammer is used, but I didn't know how the Hammer is formed.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #578 on: April 11, 2015, 09:45:11 AM
I ran possibly giving Prof some magic by Ringman and he said he'd avoid doing that to keep him from becoming a Mary Sue.  He's got alchemy and martial arts, he's good. 

If i do give him magic, it wouldn't be very powerful and only to augment his alchemy anyway.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #579 on: April 11, 2015, 10:48:04 AM
I'm very tempted to have Hellhound make himself known and make a bigger mess of things.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #580 on: April 25, 2015, 03:11:44 AM
I think Johalva will be the base for Calien's current outfit and future armor, especially the lv 10 Axe Fighter outfit in the gallery for the current and of course the Warrior for Armor.  With a few alterations here and there of course.  However I need to decide on colors, I don't know if I want him in green and I don't think the Armor should be blue for him.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Johalva
That should be for his current outfit and armor with some alterations for the armor like making the shoulder part not as riculously huge and probably adding more armor here or there, especially around the you know what area.

As for his hair I actually found a link with 3 interesting samples between the guy on the top left, the guy in the 3rd row on the right and the one on the bottom with green hair

http://littlejyari.blogspot.com/2008/09/anime-guys.html

Now as for the other stuff Calien has Red Eyes and pointy ears, he should be a little buff but definitely not Riagan buff, slightly shorter than Riagan and his hair should be jet black or a really, really, dark purple that still looks black anyway not that it really matters since it's probably not going to be colored anyway.  He's about 36 but might look a little younger than that, maybe.

As for his axe I still haven't decided if it should be double bladed or not and if it is double bladed if it should be one of those weird looking double bladed ones.

Is there anything else?

EDIT:  Oh I forgot Calien is probably going to wear a Turban from now on too.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #581 on: April 25, 2015, 03:54:03 AM
Well, I honestly don't have much in the way of references for Shuu, just this thing I quickly made on a generator for his hair style and facial hair.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Edit: I also just found this, which is a pretty good reference at the base outfit he wears.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #582 on: April 25, 2015, 04:23:05 AM
That should be for his current outfit and armor with some alterations for the armor like making the shoulder part not as riculously huge and probably adding more armor here or there, especially around the you know what area.

As for his hair I actually found a link with 3 interesting samples between the guy on the top left, the guy in the 3rd row on the right and the one on the bottom with green hair

http://littlejyari.blogspot.com/2008/09/anime-guys.html

Now as for the other stuff Calien has Red Eyes and pointy ears, he should be a little buff but definitely not Riagan buff, slightly shorter than Riagan and his hair should be jet black or a really, really, dark purple that still looks black anyway not that it really matters since it's probably not going to be colored anyway.  He's about 36 but might look a little younger than that, maybe.

As for his axe I still haven't decided if it should be double bladed or not and if it is double bladed if it should be one of those weird looking double bladed ones.

Is there anything else?

EDIT:  Oh I forgot Calien is probably going to wear a Turban from now on too.

I'll see what I can do with what you got.  Though, since Sapph did it, there's always the icon generator route for facial structure and basic look. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #583 on: April 27, 2015, 11:39:05 PM
Okay I got Calien's basic look.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #584 on: June 07, 2015, 12:00:04 AM
I couldn't stop thinking about this, with all those slime tendrils lashing out at everyone.

http://youtu.be/kvS6zMThiZU

You better start dodging, guys. 8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #585 on: June 18, 2015, 03:15:42 AM
Before this thread became a General RP Discussion, it was a proper Supplement RP Thread. Backstories, origins, side-plots and other things of that nature was to be posted here.

I decided to follow up on that. I created prequel stories to both Mana-Verse and WilyRP. These will serve to flesh out my characters.

Pema's prequel story:
The Curious Tales of Pema

Phi's prequel story:
Wilypocalypse Gaiden: Episode Phi

I may or may not create multiple entries to these stories. It's in the experimental phase. First is Pema's. I haven't worked on Phi's yet, but I have an idea.

The Curious Tales of Pema

- Prologue -

Tiny little feet ran through a large beautiful courtyard. Skipping across the stones in the clear river stream flowing through the center of the yard, the girl carried a wooden basket filled with various fruit, bread and meat.

She arrived to an arch near the entrance of the courtyard and jogged up the petal-decorated steps, leading into a wide field. Giggling, she somersaulted across the grass and softly landed on her back. The warm sun rays illuminated her face as she ran her fingers through the grass and flowers, which were damp from the rainfall the day before.

After a few moments of relaxing under the bright sun, she reached across the field for her staff and pushed it through the basket's handle. Using the tip of the staff, she pulled the basket to her and opened the lid. She fished around inside and produced a readily-prepared roast beef sandwich.

Taking a frighteningly huge bite of her tasty creation, the little girl gazes at the horizon beyond. The ocean below was somewhat melancholic and the ceremonial statues situated around the island was ominous and breathtaking.

Stretching her arms out in the cool air, she placed a free hand inside her pocket, eventually pulling out a small purple book and flipped to the first page.

She cleared her throat and looked ahead. "Hi, my name is Pema! Today, we'll be exploring some of the strange and amazing adventures that Salem and I have been on. I like to call this segment: A Day in The Life of a Runemaster! Or... no, maybe that one isn't right..."

"Uh, who in the world are you talking to?" Salem asked.

Pema laid flat on the grass. "Oh, that? Yeah, sometimes I like to pretend that there's an audience listening in and I can share my stories with them. This book shall tell my tale!"

"Okay... What type of stories?"

She placed the book on her lap, then looked at Salem. “Some of the neat adventures we've been on, of course! The unique and amazing people we met, the beautiful towns we visited, the spells I’ve learned and the SUPER delicious food from all over the world… those experiences… I want to share them. When we meet others, I wanna share my adventures with them!”

She grabbed her roast beef sandwich and giggled. “Not sharing this sandwich, though! I put lots of love into making this, it’s like my baby. Look how beautiful it is, Salem!”

Pema took another large bite of her beloved sandwich, causing a slice of roast beef to fall onto the grass and gravy spilled on the pages. “No, my baby!” She cried.

Salem sighed at the display in front of him, then focused on her story proposition. “Well, it definitely would be interesting to share those kinds of... Wait, what are you-- Don't lick the page, Pema!"

"But the 'three second rule'..." She frowned.

"Not a real thing." He said bluntly. "Anyway, you want to document your journey inside that book?”

She smiled, curling her body on the soft grass that tickled her face. “Yeah, I think that would be wonderful. There is so much hate in this world... and maybe what we all need is to find wonder and fantasy in our lives. It’s okay to love and to be yourself, and sometimes, it can be scary to let that side of yourself free... but, I wanna keep moving forward and live my life to the fullest!"

Salem looked at her with pride. "That's a great way to analyze it. Resonating energy with others is very beneficial to social growth."

Pema nodded and stared up at the blue sky. The wind flowed through her hair and she closed her eyes. "Hey, Salem?" She spoke quietly.

"Yes?"

"Promise me we'll never lose this. I never want these days to end... Not for one second..." She smiled softly and turned to him.

Salem floated to her hand, and she held on tight. "Of course we won't, Pema." He said tenderly, "After all, this is your story. You find your own path."

She shook her head. "No... This is our story."

"Pema..."

Suddenly, she sat up on the grass and dug through her pocket, producing a pen. "Okay! Now we just need a title for our book! Let's see... How about 'The Wild Adventures of Pema and Salem'!"

Salem chuckled. "Not bad, not bad, but perhaps the 'Wild' part is a bit too wacky, considering the circumstances? Also, you don't need to put my name in the title; best to keep it simple. Besides, I'm sure I'll have plenty of exposure in your book."

She crossed her arms, "Hmm, yeah... Okay, then let's try 'The Curious Adventures of Pema'? I mean, so many of our adventures were strange and weird, so the 'curiosity' of the title makes sense... OH! Wait, now I have the perfect title!"

"Lay it on me." He replied.

She extended out her hands and motioned them across the sky, spelling out the name. "The Curious Tales of Pema!"

"Haha, that's a really good one."

"Right?" She chirped happily. "I think Tales has a more fantastical and imaginative feel than Adventures!"

"Indeed, it does. So, it settled then?" He asked.

Pema nodded and put her pen to the page. "Yep! Alright, I think it's time I start."

She began to write.

"My name is Pema, and my friend is Salem. This is our story."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #586 on: June 18, 2015, 04:34:56 AM
... BUT THE THREE SECOND RULE EXISTS!! D:

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #587 on: September 07, 2015, 10:59:29 AM
Just been on a binge-read of everything in this topic, and...egh, curse my inability to keep up with RPs due to timezone differences!

I'd love to get involved in stuff like this, but I tend to be asleep when most of the big happenings are occuring, so I usually get left behind by the plot.

:\

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #588 on: September 07, 2015, 05:28:49 PM
Well to be fair we don't all post in real time (all the time), if you wanted to join in on Mana verse or something you still could-with the slow updates we have some times it wouldn't be hard to keep up.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #589 on: September 07, 2015, 05:31:17 PM
Yeah Wilypocaplypse in particular is still going at a snail's pace you'll be fine.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #590 on: September 07, 2015, 06:20:22 PM
Alright! Guess I'll get stuck in soon-ish, then.

Stupid question: Is there a thread for posting character bios and such? I feel like just diving into an RP without giving anyone an idea as to who my character is would be a bad idea.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #591 on: September 07, 2015, 06:24:27 PM
Actually it's this thread that should be used for bios. 

The normal discussion stuff should be discussed in the General RP discussion thread but Quickie got confused when she wanted to be let known that she wanted to join Manaverse so we used this as the discussion thread before we went back to the proper discussion thread.  Ironically this thread was born because Phi got confused about me saying I wanted to make a Supplment story thread for myself in the Fan Creations section for my character's similar to PB's Go RPM but hey if people can use this it doesn't matter.  Confusion everywhere!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #592 on: September 07, 2015, 06:39:47 PM
And if you want to post a very in-depth bio, with character attributes, personality, backstory, etc. you can use this thread.

http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=82.0

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #593 on: September 07, 2015, 10:32:06 PM
Thanks for the link. That's all taken care of.

Just gotta decide which RP would be easier to join, then find a way of working my character into it.....

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #594 on: September 07, 2015, 10:37:46 PM
For Nightmare I'd say Wilypocalypse would be easier since Mana-verse is a Fantasy RP.  However unless you have a space ship it would be hard to get in at this point since no one is really on the planet's surface, unless you stumble upon the Fxenodrome, but after the space battle my characters will be on the planet's surface for a time.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #595 on: September 07, 2015, 11:05:12 PM
Writing Arc into a fantasy setting might not be too hard. I'd need to swap "laser scythe" for "regular scythe" and "cybernetics" for "magically fused with a golem", but it could work.

I'll take a look at Wilypocalypse, though. Arc being on the planet isn't much of a stretch, I'd just need to alter his timeline a little. I can be patient.  :)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #596 on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:41 PM
Yeah just take a look at Wilypocalypse and adjust accordingly as needed.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #597 on: September 08, 2015, 12:27:32 AM
The thing is, I already have a WilyRP character named "Arche", and it's pronounced just like Arc.

So, I think there would be too much confusing there. Mana might work best.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #598 on: September 08, 2015, 12:29:23 AM
Or he could just change the name.  Besides I usually pronounced Archetype's nickname as Arch.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #599 on: September 08, 2015, 12:40:53 AM
But, that's the incorrect pronunciation.

It's from the mythological name Archetype, which is pronounced Arc-uh-type. None of the characters would be saying "Arch", especially after introducing himself many times before.