I suppose I can mix in some professional/bi curiosity into his character. 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 09:14:12 AM
Made Mulberry using a different avatar creator.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Only now do I realize that I had made an older Gai without glasses.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: December 20, 2014, 12:50:37 PM
Tried Gai again as well.

[spoiler]And this time he's a guy! 8D

[/spoiler]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 15, 2015, 05:31:38 AM
Little information on the two now baddies in the manaverse RP.

Both Mask and Doll Master are siblings, and known mages. Their backgrounds are largely a mystery and they certainly are in no rush to share their back stories to anyone. It's hard to tell who is the crueler of the two and both should be considered high level threats to the heroes in the story.

Boss Theme: 13th Reflection (Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix)

Mask Master
--------------
Known for wearing a tattered robe and hood, his ivory mask covers his whole face minus the two small eye slits. It's only defining feature are two red tear like marks down the side of cheeks. Mask Master wields a rather old looking staff.

He's normally quite pleasant and collected but this is a mask for his true nature, a psycho path to the core he revels in the suffering of his enemies and allies alike and enjoys the thought of stealing the very core of what they are. He enjoys worming his way into the hearts of others to learn their darkest secrets to use against them.

Power - Masquerade Magic (Maskermancy? XD)
------------------------------------------------------
Mask Master can generate new masks based on his enemies or allies mimicking their abilities while weakening the one being copied in the process. When the magic is used to it's fullest extent it can even allow the mage to copy the appearance and mannerisms. He can't use more than one mask at a time however and he's vulnerable anytime he swaps out move sets.

((Note: if your copied he can't mimic everything about you, special one of a kind powers can't be copied. That is up to the player in question obviously))

Doll Master
-------------
Has long blonde hair and pointed ears hinting at elven decent, sister to Mask Master. She wears a mask like his although it only covers the upper portion of her face leaving her mouth and head uncovered. She wears a noble looking dress made from magic fabric and wields no obvious catalyst.

Despite her beauty she is anything but noble, often short tempered and has little patience for anyone other than her brother whom she seems to respect greatly. She revels in the suffering of other people and openly attempts to hurt her enemies physically and mentally as if she draws on that emotion for power. She however cannot stand to feel pain herself and goes berserk if attacked back.

Power - Doll Magic
---------------------
Doll Master has skill to create various puppets and dolls that she can imbue with magic and weaponry, using her own unique magic string she can manipulate them to do her bidding at nearly any range even if she can't see her puppets as she can see through their eyes directly.

This power also extends to living people, should you get tied up in her strings she can manipulate a person controlling their bodies and even minds if given the chance. This takes some effort and strong willed people can easily resist the effect. Doll Master takes great pleasure in controlling people and adding to her collection of "dolls".

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 04:43:07 AM
For Mana-Verse Prof. Hypno, I'm going with a modified version of this initial design:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The glove won't have that hose and he won't be carrying around that compressed air canister.  He'll have the monocle, though, and he'll have general alchemy supplies.  I'll get around to drawing up a Mana-Verse version, but that's the look I'm going for.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 04:46:49 AM
Gotta keep the monocle and be classy! Having a alchemist in the group would definitely be helpful, brewing potions and creating other inventions. Will the Prof have some understanding of magi-technology then from the sound of your description?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 04:52:01 AM
Yeah, he'd be brewing arcane stuff.  Heck, that might've caused the lab explosion.  Magic potion was a skootch too powerful and he rolled a spectacular fail.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: January 28, 2015, 04:54:26 AM
I have a mental image of his face all blackened and toasty after that for some reason like in cartoons.  XD

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 06:15:40 AM
Okay, sketched up a Mana-Verse version and I went a bit too far toward the scholar angle and ended up with a cleric.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 06:18:35 AM
Still looks awesome, I think the Prof will make an interesting addition to the party.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 07:17:21 AM
Remember the friar, Carl, from Van Helsing?  I think I'm going to go in that direction with the Prof.  Might be a hoot.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 07:21:01 AM
Can you elaborate on that?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 07:30:37 AM
In the movie, the titular Van Helsing gets a friar sidekick named Carl who provides him with weapons and support.  The friar built grenades and bazookas.  Carl is the best character in the whole movie.

Welcome to Transylvania

Carl the monk.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 07:36:38 AM
[spoiler]NOT THE COW! O^O[/spoiler]

But other than the one liners and the weaponry I would need to see more.  Also what the hell is with that lady's outfit, did I really need more indication that she's fan service?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 07:39:36 AM
I'd have to go dig up the entire movie.  It's a decent popcorn flick, so check it out.  I'll go hunt down another clip and see if I can find one of the monastery.

Some AMV of Carl the Friar

This is the best I can do without doing a very exhaustive search in the bowels of YouTube.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 10:04:30 AM
Doodled up some more of Friar Prof. Hypno the Cleric.

[spoiler]
The random silhouetted dude is just for scale.[/spoiler]

I can't wait to get started! :D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 05:28:28 PM
Awesome, I personally liked Van Helsing.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: January 28, 2015, 06:38:36 PM
Hmm I would be interested if you could make some more minor tweaks to the design to make him less Hypno like.  Like omiting the fur collar and making the robe more baggy to compensate, positioning the ears at the middle of the head instead of the top, putting in some liver spots and wrinkles to give him a slightly more aged look, and giving him some tiny fangs.

You know more goblin like, and maybe change the skin tone, conceptually, to a more sickly green with brown undertones too.

I would be really interested to see what that would look like, as a suggestion.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #68 on: January 29, 2015, 12:25:35 AM
I might draw one up for a DnD campaign later on.  The ruff can still be kept, as I've seen goblin depictions with it.  I'm also going to look up baku images and add bits of those to the design when I do work on rolling for a DnD character.

For now, I'm going to stick with and play test what I got.  I've never played a cleric; I'm usually an alchemist or a mage.

Though, while I was reading through the latest posts... The Jutsu stuff is confusing me.  I'm not a Naruto fan and only know a little bit about it.  As for DBZ stuff, I didn't get into it and watched enough to make a farce about it. 

I'm not real big on the lore.  Could someone explain those aspects to me, only as they pertain to the RP?  I don't need the history of the franchise, just those aspects as they pertain to the RP.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: January 29, 2015, 12:30:54 AM
I admit I don't know much about Naruto either so I can't really comment. What DBZ elements do you mean though?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: January 29, 2015, 12:34:56 AM
The DBZ stuff was only for the concept of masking Power Levels only with Mana instead.  That's the only thing I meant.

Naruto Jutsus are like this.

You have Ninjutsu which are Ninja techniques and Ninja Magic, Taijutsu which is Martial Arts, and Genjutsu which are illusion techniques.  So far Toshi has mostly exhibited Ninjutsu techniques.

That's how I explain it but I only watched the first half of Naruto, but I think that's the gist of it.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:54 AM
Ah okay I missed the power level part. Reading comprehension what?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #72 on: January 29, 2015, 12:38:13 AM
Ah, okay, I assumed that with the DBZ stuff.  I wasn't sure, though.

Re: Jutsu:  Gotcha.  Okay, so if anyone uses Jutsu, I should think super sentai.  Actually, that helps a lot, considering the moves border on magic anyway.

And reeeeeeaaaaaally tempted to make the Prof shiny. >.>

I think I will. >.>

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: January 29, 2015, 12:48:33 AM
Not quite.....think generic ninja stuff.

Also a sub category of Ninjutsu is Summon Jutsu which summons Familiars like Toads, Snakes, Dogs, Slugs and a whole slew of other things.  Toshi used that to summon her anthropomorphic Persian.  Typically executed with spilling a the user's blood onto a scroll to summon them, but in order to do this you need to form a contract with the familiar.

That's why I was trying to suggest making the Prof not a Hypno because normal Pokemon can't do that.  I think it would be better if he was something else.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: January 29, 2015, 12:49:17 AM
Aya is lucky, she's lacking any memories of these things; her control of mana is more a natural talent. (such as her morphing weapon) So if I'm really ignorant on certain elements introduced by other players I can use Aya as a way to learn about them.  8D