RPM-Adventure!

Blue Valkyrie · 38711

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: August 12, 2014, 05:42:37 AM
Plot - Stories tells of the lost kingdom of Zepter once prosperous but now lost in a deep fog, a legend of a king who in his quest for power led his people down the path of ruin. While the kingdom has fallen into the realm of legend many heroes brave the fog in hopes of finding fame and fortune yet none ever return, did they fall to the monsters and traps of the lost land or did the fog simply swallow them up?  Perhaps a new generation of heroes will brave the fog and unlock the secrets to the lost land and become legends.

Locations

Zepter
The lost kingdom, in it's golden age the land was a place of great wealth and magical knowledge; however it's king greedy and decadent sought even greater fortune and was said to have unleashed ruin on his kingdom. While the details of this fall are unknown a deep fog acts as a barrier around it's borders slowly expanding over the generations. Many heroes and adventurers have breached the fog to stop the expansion of the unnatural fog or pillage the land of it's treasures yet none have ever returned.

Goldwood
A small village on the border of the encroaching fog, modest but friendly. Contains an Inn/Tavern, a weapon, armor and item shop and several houses. The goldwood forest is the source of the town's name.

Reva
Class: Fighter
Race: Human
Weapon: Silver Sword and Buckler
Magic: None

A young adventurer traveling across the world searching for adventure and riches, Reva is confident and brave although somewhat overconfident and stubborn. Wielding her families' silver sword a once enchanted blade that has lost most of it's magical power over the centuries she hopes to find the fabled "Crown of the Beast King" said to belong to the lord of Zepter before it's fall.

-----

Reva sighed as she passed the wooden gates of Goldwood, it had been a long if not dull journey; the town looked peaceful enough and if her information was right should have everything she needs to stock up for her journey into Zepter. It was getting dark and her tired legs made their point that it was time to find lodging for the night, taking a moment she manages to track down the inn the largest building in the town.

"Goldwood Inn, huh not a very creative name...oh well." Reva shrugs pushing open the door entering the homely inn. A middle aged man sits at the counter near the far wall while a young woman moves between tables seeing to orders from the patrons, it would appear the inn also doubles as a tavern too. It's oddly busy for a town so close to the fog, Reva was almost sure the town would have been abandoned by now like the others consumed by the fog.

"Greeting stranger, looking for a room?" The middle aged man beckons her over with a smile as Reva closes the door behind her.

"A meal and a bed would be lovely." Reva leaned on the counter sighing

"Well we have a few rooms available still, it's ten gold a night plus dinner and breakfast." The innkeeper reaches below the counter laying a sign in book in front of him.

"Alright I'll take it...seems kinda busy tonight." Reva noted as she placed her coins on the table.

"Lately all sorts of adventurers have come to Goldwood, I guess they all hope to brave the fog and explore the ruins of Zepter. Oh whats your name miss?" The Innkeeper begins scribbling in the book and reaches back for a silver key to Reva's room.

"Reva, guess I'm not the only one then." Reva takes the key and looks back to find a free table.

"Go find yourself a table and I'll have dinner brought out, stew tonight." The innkeeper nods writing in her name before turning back to his work.

Reva moved out into the eating area, the light glow of the fireplace created a homely ambiance although she might have to share with another patron as all the tables seemed filled.

((Okay I think goldwood inn is a good meeting place for everyone, when you post give a brief description of your character and perhaps their motivations for wanting to travel to Zepter.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 06:02:13 AM
As the sun began to set at the entrance to Goldwood one could see a figure in the distance.  It was a woman riding a black horse with a white mane and a oval shaped mark on her forhead.

the woman herself was no older than 20 and looked weary.  She had green eyes, short brown hair held back by a red head band wrapped around her head, a red leotard, white cape with a silver underside with armored shoulders, gold bracelets, a brown belt and brown boots.  On the side of her belt was a holster that contained a simple saber.

She aproached the guards and began to speak to them.

"Welcome to Goldwood." One of the guards said.

"Greeting fair guards, I am Sarah Lecart, I have arrived to this fair town in search of a powerful wizard so I may improve my magic, if you would be so kind can you tell me if there is such a person in this village?" Sarah asked politely

"Welcome to Goldwood." The gaurd repeated.

"You said that already...." Sarah said bluntly "If this is not possible can you direct me to the nearest in?"

"Welcome to Goodwood." The guard said yet again.

".....I'll just be on my way...come Yin!" Sarah sighed as she road into town.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:08:14 AM
((haha, Goldwood has a Item Store, Weapon Store and Armor Store; it's a little small to have a dedicated magic store but who knows might be a mage living here.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:11:17 AM
(Yeah she's just traveling around to see if she can find a mage or something, probably went to Goldwood for a pitstop but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 06:16:16 AM
(Safe to assume she'll head into the fog to find the lost magics of Zepter?))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 06:18:43 AM
(Maybe, she wants to go there ultimately since her parents disappeared there or something. However she feels she's not strong enough.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 06:21:19 AM
((Sounds like a good enough reason to find allies to me!))

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 06:22:37 AM
Talyn
Class: Swordmaster
Race: Half-Elf
Weapon: Twin Mythril Blades
Magic: None

A young (for her race) adventurer who seeks forgotten relics of bygone ages. Not much is known about Talyn's past, but she does all she can to hide signs of her mixed heritage. Her mastery of weapons is said to come from a great gladiator of yore, but she doubts that's the case. Either way, she'll use that mastery to get past whatever is protecting the relics sure to lay within the fog. If she makes a few friends while searching, all the better.
----
On a nearby hill overlooking Goldwood Village, a lone warrior stands. She surveys the area as she catches her breath; the foes she had just fought had finally given up the hunt. And it only took taking one out. Or two. Or ten, she wasn't sure.

"Hmm... standing on a hill overlooking a town... Seems oddly familiar," she mused, and almost missed the quiet footsteps coming from behind. With fluid grace she unsheathed one of her blades from within its hiding place and thrust it backwards. Hearing a surprised yelp, she grinned and swung the blade over her head, flinging the hapless grunt down the hill.

"That, on the other hand, not so familiar..." she added. "These bandits are getting out of hand... Must be the allure of treasure..." She shrugged and headed down the hill, carefully avoiding the fallen mook who tried to sneak up on her, and headed into town to find the Inn. She definitely needed some rest after that fight.

(Just setting up the idea that the woods near the town aren't quite safe. Hope you don't mind)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 06:25:58 AM
((Feel free to add anything, locations, lore, characters it will help flesh out the world))

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 06:32:05 AM
"Bring me another ale, lad! I wish to wash down the taste of this magnificent stew!" yelled out a man at the bar. Some of the other patrons were scared to approach this man, as he had the reputation around these lands as a Sorcerer of the Blackest Arts. Yet with his somewhat odd demeanor, they could not tell if his was jovial or merely driven insane due to the study of the dark arts.

"And an ale for my fellow bar mates as well." he said as the young barkeep brought the ale for him. "IN FACT....ALES FOR EVERYONE!!!" he yelled aloud before the bar cheered with glee. "TIS A TIME FOR ADVENTURE. FOR TREASURE AND TRIUMPH. FOR ROYALTY AND RICHES. FOR ALE AND WHORES GALORE! HAHAH..." he said as he got slapped by one of the waitresses!

"You still don't know when to be silent, do you wizard?" the waitress said.

"Aye miss, I deserved that! I still want those ales though." the yellow scarfed one said.

"...Of course. Coming right up!"

The yellow scarfed man, wearing a one shoulder cloak of raven black feathers over a red & black outfit with hints of chain mail, turned around on his barstool to face the bartender.

"And....how will you be paying for all these ales, good sir?" the bartender asked.

"With these!" the wizard said as he pulled out bright, sparkling gems from his pouch. "Rare gems from the farthest reaches of the land. I hope to fill my pouch with many more before my time here is done!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 06:38:11 AM
Sarah first went to the Tavern as she felt a bit peckish, she hitched Yin to a near by water and food trowel and headed inside.  When she went inside she was suprised by the loud crowd and felt out of place immediately.

"Oh dear...I didn't think the locals could be so....loud." She thought to herself.

She went to a secluded corner of the Tavern and when the server arrived she ordered a pheasant and somr water.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 06:42:14 AM
Reva jumped a bit at the Black Mage's sudden outburst, it was admittedly odd to see a black mage be so...loud or at least that's the feeling she got from the large face covering hats most of them seemed to wear. Glancing around again she realized the only table not filled was his and given his attitude it was easy to see why. Reva considered just heading to bed but an ache in her tummy quickly changed her mind.

"Umm--excuse me sir, all the other tables are full mind if I sit down for dinner?" Reva moved next to PB's table waiting to get his attention before speaking.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 06:45:23 AM
"Not at all. Haha, not at all dear! There's plenty of room. I sure hope you ordered the stew, as it is delectable! One of the best stews in all the kingdom." he answered.

Suddenly he elbow nudged the guy next to him and said "Although I've had better ale! HAHAHAHA! So tell me, what is your name miss?"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 06:47:32 AM
A loud voice rang throughout the town as Talyn got closer to the Inn. In fact, it was so reliably loud that she was able to follow it right to her destination. She opened the door, wondering who could be making such noise and spotted a rather eccentric yellow-scarfed mage.

"You there! Was that you being so ridiculously loud?" she asked, approaching him.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:11 AM
Sarah was a bit perturbed by the loud male, she reminded her of her former master.  She lived a hermit's life in a forest under a mountain and her master sent her off into the world in order to learn more about it.

She almost missed her secluded life already, but she must improve herself, get stronger and learn about the world if she is to find the lost kingdom of Zepter.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 06:53:50 AM
Reva placed her sword and shield down on the ground leaning against the leg of the table, lightly slipping into the seat next to PB she felt the relief of being off her feet.

"Thank you I've been on my feet for the last few days, oh, my name is Reva." Reva extends a hand as the two greet each other turning her head when Talyn approached the table.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 06:59:44 AM
"Reva! Nice to meet you, Reva. 'Xcuse me for a moment!" the man said as he got up to speak to the lady addressing him. "Ridiculously loud? HA! I was being magnificently loud! Come, fair lady. Join us. Still plenty of room at the table. Why, miss Reva here just ordered some stew and the ales are on their way!"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:13 AM
"Either way, I wanted to thank you for that voice of yours. I got attacked on the way here by ruffians and your voice was easy enough to follow to find the Inn in this town," she explained. "And I will take a seat. Goddess knows I've been standing long enough for today. You may call me Talyn, by the way," she added, sitting down with the two other adventurers.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:31 AM
The server came back with Sarah's order.

"Okay here's your phesant, a glass of water, and a glass of Ale." The server said as she put the order on the table.

"Pray pardon but I didn't order this...Ale." Sarah stated confused.

"I know, it's compliments from that crazy man over there." The server said gesturing to the strange man on the other side of the tavern.

"I see...I thank you kindly." Sarah nodded as the server went away.

Sarah was not familiar with Ale and took a sip, however she imediately retched as the taste was nothing she experienced before.  She then went into a coughing fit.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:57 AM
"Nice to meet you Talyn, I'm Reva." Reva glances at PH "Whats your name by the way?"

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 07:23:06 AM
"My name is Prospero. Prospero Blues. Yes yes, THE Prospero Blues. Finder of the lost scrolls of Evanoir. Wielder of the Scepter of Obsidian Fire. Master of Black Sorcery, at your service!"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 07:28:54 AM
"Prospero Blues, eh?" Talyn pondered.

A few minutes passed as she thought... or maybe it was just a few seconds. Either way she finally looked up from her introspection. "Never heard of you," she finished.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 07:30:23 AM
After Sarah recovered from her coughing fit she began eating her meal, only to hear Prospero's words and swallowed too hard going into an even louder coughing fit.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 07:32:37 AM
Reva blinks "I've heard of him, a few uh--interesting stories actually. So I guess you two are heading into Zepter as well?" Reva leans back in her chair as the server brings her food and free ale. "Cheers."

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 07:37:35 AM
"Cheers! Yes, I'm heading into Zepter to search for more magical artifacts, as well as treasure of course!"