Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #225 on: January 15, 2017, 09:31:46 AM
Must've missed that haha

Also recently got back to GV2 and got both true endings. Honestly I feel like Copen is easier to play as than GV since he can just dash-lock foes whereas GV has to lock onto them with shots (which is tricky if they're lower than his shots).

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #226 on: January 17, 2017, 05:47:37 AM
Copen is outright broken once you learn how to use him, in that his prevasion counter-balances to his air-dashing (which generally refills if you hit something) rather than to any actual attack, and unlike GV he can begin his recharge from midair (which is itself another attack method).  His armor programming is a LOT more flexible than GV's equipment, as well, in that there's no conflict of categories.  My preferred casual play style is Gutless Kudos with no checkpoints for maximum song time.  For GV, that means giving up one of two eye slots.  For Copen, one memory unit out of, what, 30-something?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #227 on: January 17, 2017, 07:05:26 AM
Oh yeah his Prevasion is flat out broken in that it's always active unless you're out of Bullitts unlike GV who only has it active when he's not using Flashfield. But a quick double-down will refill those.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #228 on: February 01, 2017, 05:41:10 AM
It was announced on Inti's livestream tonight that the Azure Striker Gunvolt OVA will be arriving on the 3DS eShop to purchase worldwide on February 9th. Matt Papa confirmed that it is not only be voiced in Japanese with subtitles, but it also has an English voice cast as well, so you can enjoy your electrifying OVA subbed or dubbed to your heart's content. Will cost about $2.99 USD or your regional equivalent.

[youtube]youtu.be/MnmOpEUd2JE[/youtube]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: February 02, 2017, 07:10:54 AM
Sweetness, I can't wait. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: February 17, 2017, 04:12:03 AM
Do yourselves a favor and look up a copy on Youtube. Don't waste your money. Especially if you'd be getting it in English. The quality of the OVA itself is pretty meh, but the dub is very bad. It's done by the same people that did X7 and ZX Advent. And it's not even the funny kind of bad. It's just bad. Japanese must be a million times better.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: February 17, 2017, 07:09:13 PM
Y'know when I played ZXA, I thought it was cool that there was a portable MM game with almost full voice acting.

Then I replayed ZXA a few years later.

So I'm willing to take your word for it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #232 on: February 17, 2017, 10:12:18 PM
Y'know when I played ZXA, I thought it was cool that there was a portable MM game with almost full voice acting.

Then I replayed ZXA a few years later.

So I'm willing to take your word for it.
You know he's talking about the anime OVA that just came out and not the game, right?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: February 17, 2017, 10:15:35 PM
He does, it's just that the OVA uses the same actors that ZXA does and X7, which is a huge mixed bag.  I'm guessing the acting is as cringy as always?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: February 18, 2017, 12:18:56 AM
I wanna say Joule sounds absolutely perfect...and I love her <3

...but I should really wait and hear more lines from her before I can say that for sure.

Joule is absolutely perfect and I love her <3  ;O; Diana Garnet is great~

Also, holy cow at Peter Von Gomm. I know he only had one line but it was just enough to give me hope that he might actually do Copen justice! And this is suppose to be the same guy that did X and Grey?!  :O now I wanna hear Katie Adler as Lola... <w<

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: May 21, 2017, 07:22:05 AM
To be fair there was a lot more wrong with X7 and ZXA's dialogue than the actors.  X's part in X7 is that of a whiny [sonic slicer], I'm not sure what actor could have saved that.  And I'm quite convinced that there were director issues with ZXA, given the complete lack of consistency between cutscene Vent and in-game Vent.  Someone definitely needed to tell Aile's actress that she was not doing Snake Woman, though.

The acting in the Gunvolt OVA is a wee bit flat but nowhere NEAR as bad as their previous Mega Man work.  I paid the 3 bucks and I have no regrets.

Gunvolt is coming to the Switch!

http://inticreates.com/mighty-gunvolt-burst-azure-striker-gunvolt-striker-pack-switch-bitsummit/

First up we have Mighty Gunvolt Burst, a sequel to Mighty Gunvolt so that GV can pull Beck out of the muck pit that he dug himself into (hilariously, IntiCreates points out that Comcept charged them nothing to use the characters).  This one seems to focus more on MN9 bosses.

Then there's the good ol' Striker Pack.  ASG1 and 2, upgraded with 60FPS, all previous 3DS DLC, HD rumble, a new song, high definition cutscenes, and the Kudos system from ASG2 now applies to both games.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: May 30, 2017, 05:01:21 AM
Very happy about that! A much better option than a GV2 Steam version even, imo. Both portable and home at once!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: May 30, 2017, 05:36:05 AM
Hell yes.  I have 'em on 3DS but I'll probably get the Switch version anyway, especially since I never got the DLC.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: May 31, 2017, 03:04:23 AM
And no hand cramp bullshit from the 3DS. It's win win win.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)