ParasiteBirth's Rockman Grief Theory - ROCKMAN DABDA

ParasiteBirth · 40460

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
I came up with a theory this morning.. it randomly struck me.

Has any of you guys ever considered that the main cast of the Mega Man X series could represent the 5 stages of grief ?

Basically the main cast ( 5 characters ) each mirror one of the stage of grief, that someone must face when confronted with certain death. To me, the X series is X's journey through DABDA.

Denial - X
Anger - Vile
Bargaining - Sigma
Depression - Zero
Acceptance - Axl

I made a video about it, below.

The transcript is in the video description so you can read at the same time ( if you want )

but here it is anyway, if you use my thoery for anything, please credit me....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1k_bkBg30[/youtube]

X is Denial always weak, always saved by others, attempts to grow out of it but when confronted with too much death and cruelty ( See X7 NOTE : He always wants to AVOID violence and conflict, almost like he would want to deny their existence ) , simply falls back into bigger phases of denial, seen by how he never had to fully deal with Vile until he had no more layers to protect himself from him.

Vile is Anger  He has uncontrollable anger towards X who he blames all his problems on. His color scheme, purple, represents mortality or death.

Sigma is Bargaining - He constantly returns and tries to convert the world to what he wants it to be ,  unable to accept his death.

Zero is Depression, he is constantly tormented by past events such as the death of loved one, Iris  and saves (X) who represents Denial from facing the  inevitable ANGER (Vile) coming at him. He also was able to die multiple times without showing any desires of wanting to live any further. Everytime X and Zero battle each other, it portrays X trying to overcome the phase of depression.

Axl is Acceptance - Disliked at first and later accepted by X as a member of the Maverick Hunters, he constantly assumes the form of everyone else, despite their gender or origins, is ready to obtain anyone's DNA and morph into them if needed, without any consideration needed.

X, being the first phase of all this survives long enough to see all the rest of the cast die or disappear, like mental barriers he would overcome and ultimately, accept his own death, becoming a Cyber Elf.

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 07:40:41 PM
An interesting theory, although I doubt capcom thought into it as much as the fans do.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:44:31 AM
Or perhaps they represent nothing, aside from references to [parasitic bomb] like Casshern?

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:17:17 PM
Or perhaps they represent nothing, aside from references to [parasitic bomb] like Casshern?

This is just a theory don't get worked up. You almost sound emotionally involved over a theory. A theory hurts no one. Theory. theory.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:25:40 PM
I'd sooner believe that the characters of Spongebob are based on the 7 sins than this crud.....

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 08:46:28 PM
This is just a theory don't get worked up. You almost sound emotionally involved over a theory. A theory hurts no one. Theory. theory.
I hardly got worked up. In fact, if anything, your post now has made me more worked up.

In other words... shut up.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 10:21:15 PM
I hardly got worked up. In fact, if anything, your post now has made me more worked up.

In other words... shut up.

You're the angriest thing I've ever seen since wafflepwn. is this really how receptive people are here ?

Whatever, calm down people, this is just supposed to be for entertainment jeez...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 10:48:10 PM
You're the angriest thing I've ever seen since wafflepwn. is this really how receptive people are here ?

Whatever, calm down people, this is just supposed to be for entertainment jeez...
Or you know, everyone has different opinions, not right or wrong opinions just opinions.  It just so happens that the people who posted here have the same opinion about this topic and you don't.  An important rule about here, and the Internet in general, is that opinions are opinions and are not worth having a [sonic slicer] fest over them.  Leave the e-pride at home and learn to accept that people will not agree with you all the time.

Also the Megaman activity board has been stale for obvious reasons, I suggest you look at other sub sections of the board such as Off the Wall and Gaming so you can learn more about us in general.  In other words expand your horizons.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 11:05:20 PM

People? Aside from me, I don't see anybody really "worked up" about this or you.

Besides, this is hardly entertainment. You've cooked up a nice theory, except it's applied to [parasitic bomb] like Megaman.
That's the problem.

See, the problem here is... there's no way in hell this theory is true. I get what you are trying to do and say with this thread, but yeah. Megaman.

I don't even know why do I have to spell this out anymore than I did in my first post. OH YEAH. You had to go and say I was "angry" or someshit, while in fact I was pretty chill with you and your thread. I just thought its contents were bullshit.

I simply said what I thought about it. You are free to disagree, sure. But don't do it the way you did by implying I was "Worked up" over your super awesome theory, because NOW I am worked up a certain bit.

Posted on: January 27, 2014, 09:55:51 PM
Oh and btw.
This discussion is over.
I'm out of here.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:33 AM
This is such a big deal it's not even funny.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 03:52:24 AM
This is such a big deal it's not even funny.
Most wars sparked by a different opinion, particularly if said 'offensive' opinion had 'colorful' language, aren't.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:08:28 AM
I disagree. This is the biggest event of the 21st century.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?