Command Mission: what reploids were in the other 4 pods?

AquaTeamV3 · 7501

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
on: September 29, 2013, 08:35:52 PM
Just started a replay of CM recently.  In Lagrano Ruins, there's a segment where X examines 4 pods that are now vacant:

[X travels deeper into the Ruins, when ZERO contacts him again.]
ZERO: X, do you read me? Go to the middle floor. I have a feeling you'll find
something there.
[X goes to the room ZERO indicated and finds four empty capsules. X inspects the
documentation on the first pod.]
NARRATOR: "Ultra Mobile Bobcat Reploid" Wild Jango. FM Modification System
Production process: ALL GREEN Roll out: OK
[X examines the next pod.]
NARRATOR: "Computational Humanoid Reploid" Dr. Psyche. FM Modification System
NARRATOR: "Super Heavy Cannon Reploid" Silver Horn. FM Modification System
NARRATOR: "Reinforced Light Armor Aerial Reploid" Mach Jentra. FM Modification
System Production process: ALL GREEN Roll out: OK
[ZERO contacts X.]
ZERO: X, how did it go? So, there was one there also?
X: These must be the Reploid production pods Zero mentioned... There are 4 pods
here. They've all finished production and the Reploids have already left the
pods.
ZERO: Shoot, I knew it. There are four pods on my side, too. Of course, all
the customization was finished.

SHADOW: This was my first detail with you, and I’m not optimistic about the
future!

Which opens my question...who or what the heck was in the pods that Zero and Shadow saw?  Incentas is probably a given for one of them, and Duckbill Mole would be a stretch for number 2.  That still leaves at least 2 more, though.  I just can't help but wonder if said reploids were killed before X and co got there, or if they are still wandering Giga City somewhere.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:40:12 PM
I just imagine that Zero killed the other 2.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:45:39 PM
Which opens my question...who or what the heck was in the pods that Zero and Shadow saw?  Incentas is probably a given for one of them, and Duckbill Mole would be a stretch for number 2.  That still leaves at least 2 more, though.  I just can't help but wonder if said reploids were killed before X and co got there, or if they are still wandering Giga City somewhere.

Might be Ninetails and Rafflesian, if Duckbill Mole was included. Although I have my doubts on Ninetails being one of them, but I could be wrong.

Fear me.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 08:47:24 PM
There's also Depth Dragoon, if Axl transformations are anything to go by.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 08:50:18 PM
Might be Ninetails and Rafflesian, if Duckbill Mole was included. Although I have my doubts on Ninetails being one of them, but I could be wrong.

Both Ninetails and Rafflesian had no Rebellion insignia on them, so it's pretty unlikely that they were even affiliated.  DuckMole has the symbol clear on his forehead which is why I mentioned him.

I just imagine that Zero killed the other 2.

That would be interesting, although given his performance in other fights (getting bopped my Jentra solo) I can't help but wonder if he could have had the power to actually do it.  It'd be cool if we could actually play Zero while during his "left-the-party" adventures, just to see what he was getting himself into.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
"Four high-performance units and eight combat units."

Zero likely found pods for Incentas, Rafflesian, Duckbill Mole and Ninetails. Then later X and Zero uncovered the remaining pods for Epsilon, Scarface, Ferham and Botos. They may not all have clear insignia, but that's irrelevant. The pods only specify force metal manipulation, not necessarily rebellion allegiance.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 09:03:23 PM
See, I can buy Rafflesian, but how you can create Ninetales and not have him in the "High Performance" class kinda baffles me.  I guess in theory he could just be ramped up on Supra Force Metal, but still.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 11:36:06 PM
I always figured Ninetails would have been unrelated. I mean, there's a whole clan of them. And they were locked away with no knowledge or mention of them

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 02:13:34 AM
According to one of the posters here, the three other combat pods who were not Incentas were supposed to have been for Duckbill Mole, Rafflesian, and Depth Dragoon. 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 03:34:34 AM
I SINCERELY doubt that.  Even assuming the post is true, the conception of a character does not equate to their final place in the storyline.  All context suggests that Depth Dragoon is a Maverick Hunter under Redips' command (he refers to X and co. as traitors, and his body survives the traditional boss explosion, which implies that X and co. made it a point to spare his life).

Ninetales is grouped together with Rafflesian and Duckbill Mole in one of the Rec Room posters.  It's not much, but it's about all we have, seeings how none of the secret bosses are mentioned in the texts of the Rec Room's data files.

See, I can buy Rafflesian, but how you can create Ninetales and not have him in the "High Performance" class kinda baffles me.  I guess in theory he could just be ramped up on Supra Force Metal, but still.
I think it's safe to say that Ninetales is more powerful in gameplay than he is supposed to be by storyline.  If memory serves, I believe one of the NPCs mentions that he is a "prisoner" of the Resistance.  And really, I don't see the likes of him being captured that easily.  Plus, you know, the whole "SFM Redips is god and is the only thing to ever take X, Zero, and Axl head-on and have all three on the ropes" thing.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:49 AM
Ninetails was WAY harder than God Redips.

What of the entire tails clan though? just a gameplay thing and storywise there's only one, or what?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 03:45:37 AM
I think that the "clan" is actually different forms of Ninetales, simply that he unlocks more power as he progresses.  Kinda falls in line with the whole Japanese fox demon lore of how more tails signifies an older/more powerful fox, with nine being the max.  Body and voice being identical across all "clan" members also points to that.

Ninetails was WAY harder than God Redips.
My point.

I always figured Ninetails would have been unrelated. I mean, there's a whole clan of them. And they were locked away with no knowledge or mention of them
There's also two Duckbill Moles (and multiple copies of certain "Tales Clan" members as well).  My own personal theory used to be that one Mole in each pod plus Rafflesian brought the total to eight, but I could swear someone once had documentation that Ninetales was one of them.  Can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 07:04:57 AM
I SINCERELY doubt that.  Even assuming the post is true, the conception of a character does not equate to their final place in the storyline.  All context suggests that Depth Dragoon is a Maverick Hunter under Redips' command (he refers to X and co. as traitors, and his body survives the traditional boss explosion, which implies that X and co. made it a point to spare his life).

Ah yea, thinking back, Depth Dragoon doesn't make sense given his affiliation. Outta curiosity, are the Cadres ruled out? i.e. Botos, Ferham, and Scarface

It's been a looong time since I played Command Mission, and I'm far too lazy to go through LPs or w/e.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 07:20:01 AM
The Cadres are found in different pods on the next floor.  X finds Scarface and Epsilon's pods, and the 2 that Zero and Shadow find are presumed to be Ferham and Botos.

Posted on: September 30, 2013, 01:15:57
Out of all the theories, I have to admit that I find the "Zero killed the rest" one to be the most intriguing, even if the likelihood isn't that great.

My YouTube Channel