Nexus · 257736

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1525 on: June 21, 2016, 06:01:14 AM
Agreed.

EDIT: It looks like the codes for MN9 for all backers are here! Just got mine in the mail... but it seems like I'm getting the Wii U version instead of getting the Stream version as well. ^_^;

Well it's alright. I'm going to try it out!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1526 on: June 21, 2016, 02:50:00 PM
Same here, my code just dropped too for the PS4 version (well I guess PSVita/PS3/PS4 are cross-what ever).

I'll download it when I get back from work and see how it plays.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1527 on: June 21, 2016, 03:11:08 PM
Anyone's PS4 codes working? Mine isn't working and reportedly others are having the same problem. Maybe we'll have to wait for the PSN store to update later this afternoon.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1528 on: June 21, 2016, 07:51:52 PM
Apparently Inafune feels like even if this has a bunch of issues, "it's better than nothing."

I kinda feel like that's not an appropriate response about a game that got over $4 million having a bunch of problems.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1529 on: June 21, 2016, 08:01:02 PM
Well accurately the game itself is about 1 million put into it as the rest of the money went into taxes, paying Kickstarter for their help, getting publishers for 3 countries, etc... there was a lot more to do with the "business" with the money than the game itself, but whatever. I do recall someone met with Keiji recently and he looked pretty dang stressed out. He wore himself too thin.

I got to play it, I'll admit there's a bit of a framerate issues with it but nothing unplayable. Also I did encountered an audio bug already when I went to fight Dyna. Died on her the first time and when I went back I got this weird static buzzing noise that wouldn't go away until I restarted the game.

Anyway I've played a few levels and the Ray DLC and I'm having a blast, it's pretty darn fun. I was not away that Ray has her own Story Mode like the Vile Mode from MHX which is pretty darn cool. And the forms... I beat Mighty No. 7 Brandish and got his form, though his stage gave me a bit of grieve due to the instant death if you didn't land on the cars, and you switch from long-range blaster to a short-range sword that does a good amount of damage and I'm loving it!

The game has problem I won't deny it and I knew it wasn't going to be a perfect game, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless and well hold reserves until I beat it from start to finish and try out the other modes as well.

Right now I say the game is a 6.5 - 7/10 score for me. I think that's a fair grade, but I need to play more of the game before I make any final calls.

Though it does have issues I do wish Keiji Inafune the best of luck in the future with a sequel he intents to make and overall make it a better experience than the first game and to his other projects as well.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1530 on: June 21, 2016, 08:45:24 PM
I feel sorry for all the people that chose the 360 version. Not because that version is late, but that they don't have a better console yet.

What's this I'm hearing about the WiiU version bricking consoles? If that's true, I bet it's just like the problem Freedom Planet faced: a strange bug that occurs on actual consoles but not on devkits. I hear the PC version is being detected as malware too. Hope the Sony platforms are okay. Cause this launch already sounds disastrous.

Anyone's PS4 codes working? Mine isn't working and reportedly others are having the same problem. Maybe we'll have to wait for the PSN store to update later this afternoon.

Yeah the store probably had to update first. I tried about 3 AM last night and the code didn't work. Put it in just now and it worked.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1531 on: June 21, 2016, 09:10:40 PM
I really hope the Wii U issue is just a smear campaign by the detractors to get people to not buy the game at all. I'm still in the dark about this game since my copy hasn't even arrived yet.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1532 on: June 21, 2016, 09:23:43 PM

My codes worked on the PS4, downloading now hopefully I can play a little before I go into work.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #1533 on: June 21, 2016, 09:33:49 PM
The WiiU thing might be mistakenly calling it a brick instead of a hard lock. I can't find out anything concrete. It might just be a game of telephone going on.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1534 on: June 21, 2016, 10:05:02 PM
I have the Wii U version and I've played a few levels on it.

The only things I've encountered were the weird audio bug that popped up after dying once to Dynatron and then I think it froze once when I was trying to play the Ray DLC Stage for the first time. After I restarting the game and tried it again it worked. Maybe I was a little impatient? The loading does seem long even for a digital copy of the game.

I was no aware that the Wii U version of games had some issues with it. Ouch that's going to hurt MN9 even more.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1535 on: June 21, 2016, 11:04:42 PM
So played through Pyrogen and Cryo's stages and while I don't really have too many issues with the level design (yet), outside the cheap final section of Pyrogen's level the bosses are another story.

Both that I've faced suffer for different but annoying reasons.

Pyrogen has little to no tells when he preforms his attacks, both use the same animation and it's really hard to tell if he's going to shoulder rush/explode you or jump. Worse is his ultimate attack is a ONE HIT KILL from what I can tell and it's nearly impossible to dodge from my 5+ attempts so far. I guess I'm not spamming dash enough, either way it's an awfull boss fight.

Eventually I gave up and tried Cryo's Stage. Nothing to terrible design wise, but nothing memorable either; it's way to dark and reuses the same mini boss twice (second time Cryo harasses you too but still.)

Again Cryo is a terrible boss, her freeze attacks are hard to dodge for all the wrong reasons (mostly due to the space you rarely get to move around in due to her ice pillar power, and you BARELY have any time to lay any damage down if you get frozen and half the time she'll be vunrable to dash but be in the air about to use her freeze pillar undoing ALL the damage because you can't dash into her in time.

Yeah this feels frustrating rather than fun so far, I'm uhh gonna keep trying but it's not been a good first impression so far.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1536 on: June 21, 2016, 11:41:45 PM
Yeah from what I saw of the beta Pyrogen just plain sucks, his cues are actually audio cues but they get drown out during the mid boss dialog.  I also heard the horror stories about Cryo in conventions.

I just hope not too many of the bosses are that BS, though I get the feeling they won't.  Someone really needs to find that boss order ASAP.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1537 on: June 22, 2016, 12:23:46 AM
Didn't they kind of spoiled that in one of the earlier trailers?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #1538 on: June 22, 2016, 12:27:09 AM
I didn't have any problem with Pyro, actually. I just kept my distance and shot him constantly. The last part of his stage did kill me a bit too, but that was because I was being impatient.

The other stage I've done so far was Aviator. Reminds me of Propeller Knight quite a bit. I wouldn't recommend doing that stage until you're more familiar with your dash controls.

Overall, I don't think the game is bad by any stretch. Dare I say, I'm having fun. Haters gonna hate.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1539 on: June 22, 2016, 12:29:02 AM
I'm watching a Stream and after I warned them against doing 1 or 2 first they chose Counter Shade, for glorious Steve Blum sexiness.  It's an interesting stage to say the least.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #1540 on: June 22, 2016, 12:47:04 AM
Good news for WiiU owners: a patch is coming today to fix the problems with loading and framerate issues.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1541 on: June 22, 2016, 12:53:40 AM
Good news for WiiU owners: a patch is coming today to fix the problems with loading and framerate issues.

And I am a Wii U owner, this is good news indeed!

Also people had trouble with Cryo? I thought she was pretty easy to beat as I did beat her easily in the demo as well.

Now I can't say what Pyro is like, but if he is anything like the fire-based boss from Gunvolt I might be annoyed.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1542 on: June 22, 2016, 01:17:10 AM
Can't wait for the dickheads to use the launch patches to [parasitic bomb] on the game even more. /sarcasm If anything, at least they're quick to fix the issues that were reported unlike some developers—

Quote from: Venture Beat
Also, developer Comcast

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1543 on: June 22, 2016, 01:26:36 AM

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1544 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:14 AM
OH BOY ITS DONWLOADING

Did I also get a DRM free version? I got direct download links on Humble...

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1545 on: June 22, 2016, 01:36:53 AM
The Humble storepage never mention a DRM-free version being included, it just states it requires Steam to redeem. Backer bonus, probably? I'm hoping a DRM-free version comes to GOG or Humble eventually for non-backers.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1546 on: June 22, 2016, 01:51:12 AM
Can't wait for the dickheads to use the launch patches to [parasitic bomb] on the game even more. /sarcasm If anything, at least they're quick to fix the issues that were reported unlike some developers—

Glad to know they're fix any issues that might occurred... was a little worried they weren't.

Anyway what anime is that screenshot from?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1547 on: June 22, 2016, 02:41:39 AM
And I am a Wii U owner, this is good news indeed!

Also people had trouble with Cryo? I thought she was pretty easy to beat as I did beat her easily in the demo as well.

It's not that she's hard it's that she is designed to constantly be in the air 90% of the time and it just pads out the fight.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1548 on: June 22, 2016, 03:03:15 AM
I never had a problem with that. I thought the fight was fine.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1549 on: June 22, 2016, 03:30:08 AM
I never had a problem with that. I thought the fight was fine.

Well I did.  -_-