Nexus · 257716

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1350 on: May 26, 2016, 06:26:10 PM
Hey, my prom night was awesome, no matter how much candle wax I spilled on myself.

...that probably came out wrong.

I really do hope this game does well, but it seems like anything and everything that can go wrong does, as far as public perception is concerned.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1351 on: May 26, 2016, 11:05:40 PM
hehe, it's funny because anime fans are losers who can't get dates  XD

why...just...why Σ(/)_=`)

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1352 on: May 27, 2016, 03:16:37 AM
What's interesting about this trailer is Deep Silver thought this would be a great ad but didn't run it by Comcept or Inti Creates. Takuya Aizo, CEO of Inti Creates, hates this trailer.

Oh ouch... that must've hurt for them. Deep Silver seems to constantly screw over them. Why didn't they run it by them first?

I wouldn't mind a MN9 trailer like this:
Mega Man X Command Mission Five New Mega Man Games (2004) 15 US TV Commercial

OK maybe not exactly like this, but you get the point.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1353 on: May 27, 2016, 03:42:28 AM
Oh ouch... that must've hurt for them. Deep Silver seems to constantly screw over them. Why didn't they run it by them first?

[spoiler]http://youtu.be/dGFUijdwWdk
[/spoiler]

Uncanny

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1354 on: May 27, 2016, 05:39:43 AM

oh man, the days when megaman still got TV commercials. I feel old whenever I see one like this.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1355 on: May 27, 2016, 02:15:08 PM
oh man, the days when megaman still got TV commercials. I feel old whenever I see one like this.

I know right-back when we were getting several megaman games per years. Good times.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1356 on: May 27, 2016, 06:12:27 PM
Day 1 because I back it. :p

but can't deny I lol this trailer but for me its just look funny nothing more.  8)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1357 on: May 28, 2016, 01:19:17 AM
The trailer needs work and it doesn't bode well for Mighty No. 9 as it more hype to quell the hatedom.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1358 on: May 28, 2016, 02:47:42 AM
The trailer needs work and it doesn't bode well for Mighty No. 9 as it more hype to quell the hatedom.

Honestly the game will either stand or fall on it's own merit regardless of dumb internet drama in the end. If it's fun it's fun, if it's not then thats it for Inafune.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #1359 on: May 28, 2016, 03:17:35 AM

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1360 on: May 28, 2016, 04:29:34 AM
... MEGAMAN IS MADE OF PEPPERONI PIZZA

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1361 on: May 28, 2016, 04:37:02 AM
No, doc....

We ARE Pizza!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1362 on: May 28, 2016, 05:17:46 AM
Honestly the game will either stand or fall on it's own merit regardless of dumb internet drama in the end. If it's fun it's fun, if it's not then thats it for Inafune.

I don't know. I feel all the drama and delays have stained the game so much that barely anyone is going to give it a chance anymore. Which is ridiculous, but that's the internet for you.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1363 on: May 28, 2016, 05:20:21 AM
No, doc....

We ARE Pizza!
*head explodes into Hawaiian*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1364 on: May 28, 2016, 05:33:13 AM
I don't know. I feel all the drama and delays have stained the game so much that barely anyone is going to give it a chance anymore. Which is ridiculous, but that's the internet for you.
I can only hope the power of Let's Playing can save it, but that's probably asking too much.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1365 on: May 28, 2016, 05:42:54 AM

At this point, being pissed off at how this game is being presented and delayed is the natural reaction.

Then again, you are the same person who stated that we don't deserve Legends 3, so who knows how your thought process works.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1366 on: May 28, 2016, 05:50:25 AM

This reminds me of a really shitty Mega Man creepypasta slowbeef read on Retsupurae.

No, doc....

We ARE Pizza!
[spoiler=spoilish stuff for an old-ass anime(?)][yt]youtu.be/7cdIx-tWFug[/yt]
God I'm such a [tornado fang]ing dinosaur for remembering this.[/spoiler]

I don't think I can put it any better myself. Back then when this was first announced people were excited to see a revival of Mega Man by Inafune's team, but now the majority of the Internet see it as joke to mock and bash into ground.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1367 on: May 28, 2016, 06:12:33 AM
Well we gotta keep in mind how much bullshit we've seen before the game even came out.

-Over $4M into its funding on kickstarter
-Community drama because of a bad community manager
-A second crowdfunding campaign because they ran out of money.
-Planned Features being removed with little to no fanfare
-Planning an animated series before the game is even out or successful.
-Delays after Delays with little word as to why.
-Partnering with a distributor, then not giving backers the option to receive actual physical copies of the game except for those strange USB/Disc things (And I thought a "Physical" copy that they had for the Kickstarter backers came with one of those, not just a [tornado fang]ing box!)

Personally it was the second crowdfunding thing they did that set it over the line for me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1368 on: May 28, 2016, 06:17:43 AM
Uh that second crowdfunding campaign was specifically for voice acting and extra stuff that people asked for that had nothing to do with extra developement but rather just some extra pizzazz and I have no idea what removed features are you talking about?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1369 on: May 28, 2016, 06:26:30 AM
Also didn't they mention one of the reasons for the delays was because they couldn't get the online components of the game working so they pushed it back to fix that before release instead of releasing the game first and patching the online stuff second?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1370 on: May 28, 2016, 06:28:44 AM
Pretty sure that's what most of the delays were for.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #1371 on: May 28, 2016, 06:43:21 AM
I think that was mostly because despite being accompanied by veterans and getting help from IntiCreates, most of the team is still new faces to the industry and they're not used to UE3 (nor getting direct aid on UE3 from Epic Games, like Square-Enix is with Kingdom Hearts 3 and UE4). But that was still netcode for multiplayer features that didn't necessarily have to be in the game at launch, and judging by a trailer from last year compared to now, the game didn't exactly get some extra polishing on the surface level during that downtime either. This whole thing was a lot of hype, and I should know I was on the hype train especially since I created the thread 3 years ago (feels so long ago yet not at the same time!), that got eaten away by mismanagement, people losing trust in Inafune, and the hype giving way to bitter cynicism on many sides for the aforementioned reasons. At best, the game will be an average clone with dashing and absorption as a primary gimmick focus.

It says something when people are way more hyped for Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, especially with Copen mode essentially being Mega Man mode. But then not only is that announcement still a little fresh, but ASG1 was pretty good and thus they have a respectable basis to work from, compared to Mighty No. 9 which had concept art. Some people still felt suckered in by that, despite the fact that right there on the kickstarter page they stated the game would be in 3D, but I can still see why there'd be disappointment since the actual game graphics look like slightly higher-res PSP models at best with none of the lighting style or artistic detail the concept art promoted. Infact it's almost like lighting was barely even handled beyond stock UE3 factors and some basic dynamics on explosions.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1372 on: May 28, 2016, 06:50:50 AM
I never cared for this in the beginning.

All of these issues certainly isn't changing my mind.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1373 on: May 28, 2016, 07:05:33 AM
Uh that second crowdfunding campaign was specifically for voice acting and extra stuff that people asked for that had nothing to do with extra developement but rather just some extra pizzazz and I have no idea what removed features are you talking about?

The ability to get powers from enemies. Sorta Z-Knuckle style.

But other than that, the RED ASH deal too. Pushing TWO kickstarters for another game and an anime thing before they were even finished with MN9, after already losing the trust of lots of people, they lost more trust after that (Them immediately funding it right before the end with the mystery chinese group was shady as hell too.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1374 on: May 28, 2016, 07:07:52 AM
What, aren't those supposed to be the buffs?  I'm pretty sure it wasn't Z-Knuckle styled to begin with was it?