Gauntlet's art

Gauntlet101010 · 1950

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
on: August 18, 2013, 08:27:25 PM
Not much new on the art side, strictly speaking, but I have an ongoing project called the Megaman Soccer Conversions Revival.  Basically the goal is to sprite every classic series character even (with a proviso that minor enemies need not be sprites and that some characters - like "Bubby" form the Archie series count as minor enemies AND that character with no names need not be included).  Anyway, here's the link:

http://themechanicalmaniacs.com/imagegalleries/SG-Soccer.php

A more in depth explanation of the project is there.

I've done a few new sprites for this, reopened now that the Sonic crossover's done and has given me 11 new robot masters to work with.  Added in some previously rejected characters as well.  Here are my new entries:

Mother Computer
Charlie
McCall
Mengo
Karate 003
Shadow Man elder and kids

Archie

Tails Man
Shadow Man
Espio Man

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 02:22:23 AM
The Shadow Kids squeaky toys~ *o*

The plight of Shadowman was so sad in that manga...  Shadow Elder should have emptied that septic tank when he had the chance.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 03:36:57 PM
Looking back on the reference pics you gave me ages ago I was astounded by how nice they made Shadowman. 

Actually, of all the sprites above, I was most excited to do Karate 003.  Who knew he was such a common thread for the Rockman mangas?  Too bad there's no official colours for him.  Went with Cyborg 009's palette since their names seemed similar.

Posted on: August 19, 2013, 06:49:11
Xover
Arcademan - Gauntlet

Manga Characters
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Manga_characters
Buildman - Gauntlet

Archie

Knuckles Man - Gauntlet
Vector Man - Gauntlet
Charmy Man - Gauntlet
Big Man - Gauntlet
Chaos Devil - Gauntlet

Finished the last batch of soccer sprites for this round.  (Gonzo has helped with some of the Sonic characters in case anyone's wondering where the rest are).  I also redid Buildman a bit since my original one is a little on the tiny side.  He was done before I did the Marvel VS Capcom soccer sprites so his tiny-ness bugged me less then.  I also redid McCall's sprite since I've found a full body picture of him.

Arcademan was the hardest of the bunch.  He's taller than my tallest regular base (the one used for Vectorman) thanks to his weird design and all the details he has.  And yet, he may not be too large (he might even be too small!); he towers over Over-1 in X-over and Over-1 can't possibly be taller than classic MM.  Those arms are IMPOSSIBLE to make less goofy in this angle, though.  Out of this batch he and Charmy Man were the hardest to do, the latter necessitating a very detailed, but smaller sized sprite.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:55:24 PM
Looking pretty sweet.  Any plans to make full sprite sheets?  They look to be relatively the right size for use in Wolf3D, though they would need some palette changes and possibly resized to fit 64 x 64 pixels.  And if using Shareware Wolf3D, you wouldn't need to make back and side views.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 10:07:09 PM
No, this is a front-only project.  Full sheets would take forever and not all of these characters are particularly interesting.