Offline PageWizard

• Theoretical Computer Scientist
  • Cyberelf
  • Creator of Mega Man Eternal & Mega Man Eternal II
    • View Profile
    • D.R. Page
on: July 15, 2013, 04:58:58 PM
Good Morning!

I finally managed to come by the site (once again) and I have come to just endorse my Mega Man fan project, Mega Man Eternal which is one of the veteran projects in the community that is slanted for release this December.  Since Mega Man Unlimited has been released, some believe this is the next anticipated project that is slanted for the Blue Bomber's 26th anniversary.

Trailer:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vqt5TJrf_k[/youtube]

For more videos (gameplay, robot master battles, soundtrack, lots of fun stuff, and even old project videos), check out my YouTube channel Entertainmentwf www.youtube.com/users/Entertainmentwf
If there are any amateurs looking for help or tips on how they can program or learn how to develop games, I am more than welcome to assist you.  If you want to volunteer or to contribute any resources to this project, I am more than open to such by contacting me at my e-mail or PMing me at YouTube.

Enjoy!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Entertainmentwf
Mega Man Eternal: http://mme.pagewizardgames.com
Mega Man Eternal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Mega-Man-Eternal-291374420090/?fref=ts
Mega Man Eternal II: http://mme2.pagewizardgames.com
Mega Man Eternal II Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/megamaneternalii/
--------------------------------------------------
Have a beautiful day :)!

Offline spd12

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:59:47 PM
Hey there! I've seen the videos and I think this will be a good romp when it's done and ready for play. I really like a fair number of the boss fight videos you've shown (and have commented to that effect there before). Really, my only complaint is that I would love to see what more of the weapons even do! I've seen (early, possibly outdated) footage of Frigid Man's and I think that's about it.

Still, keep at it! This year is proving to be really, really good for fangames so far.

Offline PageWizard

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • D.R. Page
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:55:03 PM
Thank you!  Yes, I am actually in the process of revamping the weapons.  Some of the weapons possess the same power, but are either "powered" down a little bit.  For example, Cipher Decode was originally very broken (kills stuff like insane) as it recursively recreates itself (which it still does) and you can control its direction (forcing it to only be shot once makes it more fair).

For example, Tune Woman's weapon needed a fix up in my opinion.  I have made her weapon more like Shade Man's blaster attack in MM7 (not the power you get from him) that moves in a sinusoidal way.  This would allow for special opportunities.  The Scorch Man weapon is a multi-purpose barrier attack (as before but less broken) that allows for using it as a barrier but can fire 2 walls left and right.  That's primarily why I haven't shown them much.

I agree!  I am just about done writing my lectures for the course I am teaching this Summer, after this I will be right on more updates on MME!

Mega Man Eternal Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Mega-Man-Eternal-291374420090/?fref=ts

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:32:17 PM
Good Morning!

I finally managed to come by the site (once again) and I have come to just endorse my Mega Man fan project, Mega Man Eternal which is one of the veteran projects in the community that is slanted for release this December.  Since Mega Man Unlimited has been released, some believe this is the next anticipated project that is slanted for the Blue Bomber's 26th anniversary.

some believe this is the next anticipated project that is slanted for the Blue Bomber's 26th anniversary.

I must say some of the boss fights look interesting at least, but other than that... it's another [tornado fang]ing 8-bit fan game.
Also, since it's obvious you only joined the forum to advertise your damn game, you can at least do this for me:

[spoiler]Please tell the others of your kind (fan game creators) that they should stop registering here only to [tornado fang]ing advertise. Either advertise AND become a fully posting member...
OR [tornado fang] OFF!
I mean, I can't stop you guys from registering, and I have no power on this forum... but just because we have a fan game sub-forum, it does not mean you can just come in and only advertise. Because that's rude, man. You hurt our feelings. YOU HURT MY FEELINGS!
[/spoiler]

I swear, this is the last [tornado fang]ing time I'm saying the above. So make it count, "fan gamers".
MAKE. IT. COUNT.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:09:17 AM
@tron: i agree. If all you want to do is advertise go to the megaman network and e mail them when your project is nearly conplete. Not only will posting throughout the site help us like you, it will help you learn what aspects of mega games we like or dislike. As is most people will see your thread, see you only posted for an ad, and another 8 bit game and silently move on. Which will make it very hard to aqcuire quality feedback.

For the most part we have a really nice community with awesome mods and a wonderful owner. Please don't take her kindness for granted okay?

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 12:49:51 AM
I had no idea that you guys didn't want fan-made creations to be advertised here. To tell you the truth, there's nowhere else on the net really to find them except for this forum http://fusionfangaming.spriters-resource.com/index.php/board,26.0.html (Devs take that as a hint, heehee) and of course; this one. Though it's true that there have been a load of Fan game announcements, (many of which seemed to have gone nowhere as of last year) this does look to be the year when a scant few actually get completed.

I mean, the title of the section is "Fan Games" so I was wondering why people are getting upset because of posts about said topic, some of them even with plenty of gameplay footage and shots to show that it's not just a few mock-ups. Yes, it may get awful tiring when a million 8-bit games come out, and I'm personally not so big on the 8-bit (16/32 bit guy myself, looking forward to X Series games) games; but people do spend an awful lot of time working on these games and it's time that they won't be getting back. I write books, so I know how much time that one expires while working on their art.

I look forward to all of your games and will be playing them (or attempting it in the case of MMU) and won't be posting any more fan games here, as this is how the community feels about the subject. I will however, check back on progress every now and again. Again, I know how it is when you've been working hard on a project and you want to share it with people.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 01:23:58 AM
I don't understand the dislike of people posting about fangames. There is indeed a section for them, so I don't see why they can't be posted here. Honestly, if you don't want to deal with them? Stay away. As simple as that, guys.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 01:54:57 AM
I don't understand the dislike of people posting about fangames. There is indeed a section for them, so I don't see why they can't be posted here. Honestly, if you don't want to deal with them? Stay away. As simple as that, guys.

Its less posting about fangames and more registering to advertise a game that may or may not see the light of day. And then never touching the rest of the board and wondering why nobody cares about their stuff. So we get a ton of worthless advertising users who never post more than once or twice.

That, and 8-bit far as the eye can see. If there were more variety there wouldn't be so many issues. But everybody wants to create the next megaman 2 it seems and as such we get no originality.

That being said, when the games get finished or are unique, then we actually see something of interest (Like that X corrupted game, that looked [tornado fang]ing cool last time i saw it), I (and many others) just wish they would venture out of their cave to post elsewhere, they could be interesting people and when they do this [parasitic bomb] we have nothing else to do but write them off as worthless posters who only advertise. In fact that should be a rule honestly, make an effort to be a part of the community before posting your [tornado fang]ing megaman 12 8-bit mockups or fangame or be pointed to the door.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 02:10:37 AM
Be that as it may, telling people to leave if they don't want to post elsewhere is not going to encourage them to get more involved in the community. It would have the exact opposite effect, in fact. I wouldn't be against having a message in the rules encouraging people to post in other sections of the board, but yelling at them isn't going to improve anything. Just my 2 cents.

Offline spd12

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 02:26:41 AM
Speaking as a new poster who did indeed register to check out the fan games subforum (as I am on a big kick with MM fangames as it is, as well as the lack of many venues in which to see them all gathered together and discussed), that large ranting post has indeed turned me off quite a lot towards exploring the rest of the site - nobody likes being talked down to like that. The attitude speaks to me of a very insular and unpleasant community as a first impression.

That said, as a Mega Man fan without much to talk about on an official release front, is it really any wonder this subforum is the initial draw for some?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:34 AM
Speaking as a new poster who did indeed register to check out the fan games subforum (as I am on a big kick with MM fangames as it is, as well as the lack of many venues in which to see them all gathered together and discussed), that large ranting post has indeed turned me off quite a lot towards exploring the rest of the site - nobody likes being talked down to like that. The attitude speaks to me of a very insular and unpleasant community as a first impression.

That said, as a Mega Man fan without much to talk about on an official release front, is it really any wonder this subforum is the initial draw for some?

To answer your last question first, yes. Because I can't imagine a megaman fan getting that excited about nothing but 8-bit fangames exclusively, it has to get old eventually.

And to answer your "taking offense to us speaking badly of people who register to post in only fan-games", please keep in mind this is really the extent of people who register recently, the others being noposters/lurkers. So when people join we kind of expect a real new face to the actual boards. Somebody else will probably say it better than me, so I'll stop there.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 02:49:37 AM
So when people join we kind of expect a real new face to the actual boards.
What you consider to be actual boards may not be considered as such to others. In fact, I could easily see some argue that the boards under the Rockman & Community section might actually have more to do with the site than the stuff under the Other Things heading. I personally think it's all important, but to call one section more real than others is dumb.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 03:17:25 AM
What you consider to be actual boards may not be considered as such to others. In fact, I could easily see some argue that the boards under the Rockman & Community section might actually have more to do with the site than the stuff under the Other Things heading. I personally think it's all important, but to call one section more real than others is dumb.

Maybe i should rephrase that.

The boards with the most community activity, which nothing in Rockman & Community really fits under anymore except maybe Fan Creations (which by that I mean fan creations and not fangames), hell the main Rockman boards aren't active at all save for the occasional topic.

That and the serious lack of new and noteworth official Rockman related stuff outside of merchandise or the rerelease of old game announcements really just shows why there needs to be a change in direction here.

Anyway, my two cents have lonh since been spent and I'm done discussing this topic.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 03:18:34 AM
Perhaps steps need to be taken to encourage such growth outside the Fan Games sub-forum. If RPM were like some of the other boards I go to, I would have to have read the rules and posted an introduction to get access to the sub-forums.

Speaking of, I don't see an introduction post from many of the newly-registered members. Considering the link for introductions is in plain sight, right next to READ THE RULES!!.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 03:20:45 AM
Perhaps steps need to be taken to encourage such growth outside the Fan Games sub-forum. If RPM were like some of the other boards I go to, I would have to have read the rules and posted an introduction to get access to the sub-forums.

Except most people who do this stuff leave an introduction, but that's as far as they go before fan-gaming it up.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 03:26:48 AM
The TS did make a post, back in 2011 when he made his account.
Neither spd12 or thefallenalchemist have made a post in the introductions thread(*); especially when the latter has already had at least a year to pay this courtesy.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 03:28:43 AM
The TS did make a post, back in 2011 when he made his account.
Neither spd12 or thefallenalchemist have made an intro post; especially when the latter has already had at least a year to pay this courtesy.

Hence most.

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 02:48:12 AM
Whoops. I wasn't aware that I had to introduce myself. I'll go do that.

Offline PageWizard

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • D.R. Page
Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 03:47:18 PM
Aimed at the ranters about posters:[spoiler]I was not aware I was in the presence of some pretty ignorant fellows (not to those defending the concept of discussing fan projects).  As a person who has run several forums in the past I feel like I am in the presence of some laughable rationality (I say this as a logician/computer scientist/mathematician).  A forum is a place for people to discuss topics, and this thread is easily a topic that has not been discussed on RockmanPM but has been discussed on sites (and has been featured on) such as ScrewAttack.  So it should be sufficient to post this topic here as it is of obvious interest to some.[/spoiler]

Now anyways to why I have not posted much here (still geared to those in the first topic): [spoiler]I posted here because all my contemporaries (MMU, X Corrupted, among others) have threads here so I can reach to a more fan base who have not run into my work in the past 5 years (on Deviant Art, YouTube, etc...).  That being said, my schedule doesn't permit me to become dedicated to forums as I am very occupied with improving society with research, teaching the next generation of scientists, and working on my projects (whether it be my work in combinatorial algorithms, combinatorial optimization, computational number theory, or my hobbies such as game development).  I normally do not get myself tied very often with forums as a dedicated poster because I normally keep on posting and it consumes a lot of my time which is very occupied.  In basic, it was a real tussle to get onto this board as I had to apply maybe 3-4 times before my account was actually approved, then when I introduced myself on the board I found I was insulted immediately by somebody I didn't even know (which is an obvious turn off to posting if you are known in a community to only get blasted by some set of people that just need to 'get a life'), then when I post something of relevance to the fan community as the next hopeful installment for mega man fans to play, it gets attention by maybe about 1-2 posts (I don't count the one shunning this project as it is clearly an ignorant jerk who doesn't know the first thing about the project (maybe in a Bubble per say?)), then the rest are all complaining about fan posts or defending them. Jeez louise!  I am a really huge mega man fan, but if I feel like it is not worth posting here and would rather work on my journals on DA or my blog, or make YouTube videos instead, I should be more than welcome to.  That being said, this site seemed to me from the outside as a good place to introduce this topic as it was not hit on before, and because of such an unwelcoming disrespectful experience I have had here, it is clear there is a lot of jealous people on this site, in all modesty.  Clearly not all people as I can tell some people were alert enough to ask why some were complaining while others were, but some. So before looking down on me, grow a brain and learn some logic before speaking to a scientist like a child.  When you contribute one single thing to society you can talk to your fellow person that way.
  For those who defended this posting, I appreciate your efforts. [/spoiler]

Hopefully if anybody is further interested, one is more welcome to check out the screwattack article that was featured on the front page of ScrewAttack not too long ago (http://www.screwattack.com/news/fan-made-mega-man-game-showcase-mega-man-eternal) or check out my work on YouTube.  I have been spending thousands of hours already preparing this project for fans to offer a new experience and homage to the classic mega man saga.

I would love to hear from more individuals about the project itself who are interested in fan projects.  :)  I encourage you to contact me via DA or YouTube as I am more than likely to check there first as my e-mail (usually within the hour as I would for my students).  I am also very open about assisting and providing advice for newcomers to the fan game community (which I am known for doing in the mega man fan community outside of RockmanPM).

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 06:14:27 PM
IMO, it's perfectly fine if you're too preoccupied to post aplenty. I would not put much value on those remarks, either. I would however advise against trying to pull rank on complete strangers. Not only is such condescending a fairly elitist practice, unbecoming of any well-mannered individual, some of the kids you're berating may just turn out to be your peers instead. By taking that stance, further argument is bound to occur.

Anyway, the game itself looks pretty decent and seems like it could provide some good fun. I hope something tangible like a demo or an alpha build will appear in the foreseeable future. At current time, though, the videos you provided definitely inspire confidence as to the legitimacy of the project. It's just too bad that this game, like Unlimited and many others, seem to be built with far too little adherence to the graphical capabilities of the NES. Are you perchance interested in learning more about this subject?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 07:32:39 PM
Hey, hey... dude?
Scientist man a-thing?

I had a whole [tornado fang]ing post written here, but I just said [tornado fang] it.

It's not worth it.

You are right with certain of your points, I admit.

I'll just do this:

I apologize for being mean to you.

Yes. I do. I rarely do that for anybody whom I give such treatment.

There's a reason for this though... if only because I kinda feel bad for pretty much ruining your thread.
I understand being eager to present your hard work, but just look at it from, say, my angle:

There's been a lot of morons, who simply post here to advertise/gert help on crappy 8-bit fan games. Many either end up abandoned or finished OH SO WELL... yeah.
There are those who put actual effort into them and do finish them.
But... all of those, still only remain in the "I POST ONLY TO PLUG" cathegory.

It pisses me off. Really.

Because it just feels like we are dumping ground for this kinda thing. That other than such purpose, we are not worth anything more.

It's sad... when you think about it.

So yeah... whatever.

That's all I want to say.

I'm out.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:42:30 PM by Archetype »

Offline spd12

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 07:49:51 PM
Yeah, in the end I think we should all just be excellent to one another. We're all Mega Man fans here, in whatever form it may take.

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 10:29:14 PM
I don't know how much I do to benefit society, but I work in the music scene and interview artists and review their albums. Mainly of the rock/metal variety. I have done interviews with famous acts in the genre like Dark Tranquillity, for example.

I also write books, and perhaps these stories and the messages held within them will benefit the next and current generation. It's not revolutionary, but it does leave a mark. My novels have just gotten picked up by a small publishing house. I'm not certain as if they will take them immediately, but will be patient and hope for the best.

As for the game, I will certainly be playing it; and with your level of intellect, it might entail a rather out of the box story. Being a writer, a story is very important to me. I admit that I am less interested in blowing robot masters to bits, than I am in knowing why I am doing so. Hence, what is Dr. W up to this time? If it's even Dr. W.

Even though these games aren't canon, a damned good fan-fiction can really sell me over. Yeah, I wrote them in grade school. Little Megaman comic books, but that evolved into longhand stories (with hand drawn maps) and finally into original fiction after many years of practice.

I started when I was just a boy, but now at 28 I still have a fondness for good stories. Megaman 7 remains my favorite Megaman tale, as so  much happened. X4 is my second favorite (and I hid a small easter egg in my third novel, based on Sigma's first form - only hardcore mm fans will notice this.)

At any rate, I hope for a clever story and thrilling gameplay. Please post any updates whenever you can.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 11:00:02 PM
Destructoid writes:

Story
One day Dr. Light produced a new technology called the Mega Data, a database of all the work he and Dr. Wily did in the past. This database uses the same technology as Mega Man and Rush’s memory chips. Dr. Wily breaks into Light’s lab and kidnaps Rush and the prototype of the Mega Data along with four mysterious figures.
Can Mega Man stop Dr. Wily from taking over the world and save his trusty companion? Why did Wily kidnap Rush?

While it seems like a rehash of Rockman & Forte's story, the thematic does fit the creator's stated profession.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 02:03:42 AM
Sounds like Megaman 7 more than RnF.