Police Girl · 175953

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3025 on: August 19, 2016, 07:32:13 AM
Gather round, children!  It's story time!

[spoiler]So, elsewhere, I'm in a small SU RP with a very small group of people.  You can count the amount of players on one hand.  It's that small.  We each have multiple Gemsonas of varying ages, but most are over 1000 years old.  1000 years old is the Gem equivalent for 18 in this particular canon.

One player (Bugles) has a Peridot (Pistachio), who was made after my Peridot (Mint Chocolate Chip).  Pistachio decided to just join the group with another player's (Fritos) Tourmaline (Rocky Road), Pearl (Butter Pecan), my Garnet (Neapolitan), and my Pearl (Peanut Butter).  Along for the ride is Pistachio's human friend, Twinkie.

Bugles found out about Mint's past in some OOC discussion and they decided that Pistachio should have a similar one.  So, they brought in the FBI to capture Pistachio.  Fritos and I said no because of the location of the Gems' hideout and the fact that no one knows about them.  At all.  So, that was stricken from canon.

Meanwhile, Mint and Rocky had formed a relationship and Bugles wanted Pistachio to be shipped with Rocky.  Rocky is a flirt and would flirt with Pistachio and that was fine.  Then, Bugles revealed Pistachio to be about 150 years old, which in Gem terms is very young.  Pistachio is a minor.  Rocky stopped flirting with her immediately and the other Gems won't touch her.

Pistachio tried to force a ship with Mint, but Mint isn't interested.  Also, the age issue.  Pistachio was also very annoying and bothered Peanut Butter for her e-cig and would even try to smoke cigarette butts.  So, Peanut Butter doesn't like her.  Butter Pecan doesn't like Pistachio because she's annoying.  Neapolitan is indifferent to her and they haven't interacted much.  And Rocky ain't touching her.

Bugles gets frustrated and age-advances Twinkie so that he's now 18.  Twinkie and Pistachio run off together and Pistachio is sexually assaulted by a biker gang.  Again, this is partially co-opted from Mint, who was kidnapped long before she joined the other Gems.  Pistachio is rescued and Mint tries to comfort her and again, Bugles tries to force a ship with Mint.  Mint isn't interested in Pistachio because, again, SHE IS TOO YOUNG.  Bugles doesn't get it and draws smut of Pistachio and Mint.

Because Pistachio isn't getting laid, Bugles draws smut of Pistachio and Twinkie.  And then he has Pistachio try to [twin slasher] Twinkie.  Twinkie poofs her and she's bubbled.  Bugles wants her unbubbled but refuses to change her character.  He keeps trying to force a ship with Rocky because he wants Pistachio to smut with her, and accuses Rocky of not loving her, and then blames Fritos because Pistachio is too young and we want nothing to do with that creepy pedo ship. 

Eventually, Pistachio escapes her bubble and runs off.  None of the other Gems can give any less of a chicken-fried [tornado fang].  Bugles yells at Fritos and I for not accepting the ship and "forcing" the age restriction and he can't seem to understand just why we think it's gross.  We even tried using two other off-limits Gems as examples.  My other Pearl (Wild Cherry) and my cluster (Superchunk) are off-limits.  Wild Cherry isn't even a year old.  She is a BABY.  She's not allowed to be shipped because it's gross and creepy and takes advantage of her naivete.  Superchunk is a cluster.  It has no lower body.  It's off-limits because it's basically a pet.

Bugles still didn't get it.  He threw a fit and left after we told him that we're fed up with him forcing this weird and creepy pedophilia ship when he has other Gems who are of consenting age.[/spoiler]

TL;DR: If your character is a teenager or younger, don't force a smut ship with an adult character.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3026 on: August 19, 2016, 07:39:37 AM
*eating popcorn*
Fascinating.

Sound advice that falls on pedoears...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3027 on: August 19, 2016, 07:53:09 AM
This had been going on for a while and we've been trying so very hard to fix it and explain to Bugles why we think it's gross.  Tonight, we just got fed up.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3028 on: August 19, 2016, 08:40:59 AM
Understandable.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3029 on: August 19, 2016, 06:52:30 PM
Well I mean, that's still a weird issue?

A gem at 150 years old would... Have the maturity of a 150 year old wouldn't she? It's still weird because of Gem culture but uh, for instance, my Blood Elf in WoW is approximately 70 years old, where somewhere in the realm of 120 years is considered an adult. (My buddy's Demon Hunter is upwards of 1200, which isn't even horribly ancient. By comparison, my crotchety old man orc is in his 50s/60s.) Even still, Blood Elves in that age group (equivalent to a 14-16 year old in appearance) still have the life experience and wisdom of, well, a 70 year old.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a matter of GEMS AREN'T ADULTS TIL 1000 YEARS but it makes it less creepy when taken in that context.

Although to the degree that dude was pushing things, it makes it creepy, since HE considered Pistachio a child anyway.

I'm just trying to understand, at any rate. I mean, Gems and Blood Elves aren't exactly the same thing.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3030 on: August 20, 2016, 03:18:52 AM
It was more of a drastic age difference.  He was trying to ship his naive childlike Gem with a Gem who was over 5000 years old. 

In terms of behavior, new Gems are naive and easily taken advantage of.  Leggy of the Ruby Squad is a new Gem.  She is only a few days old.  She's very new, naive, trusting, and easily coerced.  No one would take advantage of her because she's so young and new.

Older Gems have more experience and more knowledge of the universe at large.  They would be able to consent.  A new, impressionable childlike Gem would not. 

It was that Pistachio was portrayed as a child that really, really bothered us.  The age restriction was thrown in as a point of reference.  If your Gem is basically a child, don't try to force smut with other Gems.  It was really, really uncomfortable.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3031 on: August 20, 2016, 03:38:48 AM
Yeah I feel that. Like I said, my elf is only 70 which isn't even considered more than a teenager. I'm not doing any shipping stuff (that's not the nature of the RP we do in my guild) but it would be considered creepy for an older elf to come on to her, even if she's literally at the mental age of a seventy-year-old.

The fact that I'm playing her as a stubborn teenager as it is makes your point more valid.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3032 on: August 25, 2016, 02:21:52 AM
Hmm, looking over Sakura's PM and the other stuff, I'll come up with something for both fronts in Wilypocalypse. I'll poke you when I have something, Sakura.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3033 on: August 25, 2016, 02:22:52 AM
No problem, you still seem really busy right now.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3034 on: August 27, 2016, 08:31:24 AM
Bugles came back.  He was pissed at us for not forgetting about the whole fiasco.  We explained yet again why we don't wanna smut with Pistachio (aside from the fact that we don't wanna smut with him, period), and we convinced him to give Pistachio a rest.  We convinced him to use his other two Gemsonas (Moose Tracks and Tutti Fruitti) for a while.

There was another issue with Bugles, involving Moose Tracks making a newly-liberated Wild Cherry (my other Pearl) really uncomfortable by shapeshifting into her and flashing the Diamond hand sign.  He also complained because at the moment, we're not really feeling the energy for deep plots because of bullshit going on in our real lives.  RP is an escape and when he makes it stressful and aggravating, it's not fun anymore.

So, yeah.  I wanna get back into serious RPing, but I don't have the energy for it right now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3035 on: August 27, 2016, 09:09:48 AM
Jeez this guy sounds almost as bad as Idiot Wood........

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3036 on: August 27, 2016, 09:19:48 AM
Oh, he's not that bad, thank GOD.  It's just in this particular RP he's been making some really questionable choices.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3037 on: August 27, 2016, 12:18:37 PM
A good pseudowoodo?
MY MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3038 on: August 27, 2016, 04:06:13 PM
There no such thing. 

Aside from the RP stuff, Bugles is a decent dude.  It's really only the RP stuff that's the issue.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3039 on: October 18, 2016, 12:26:09 AM
Right, gonna give a go at updating both fronts I'm involved in Wilypocalypse in one fell swoop. I'll likely use some of what you did Sakura, with some changes here and there to suit the direction I'm aiming for. Let's see how this goes 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3040 on: October 18, 2016, 12:28:50 AM
Yeah definitely, I'm sure I can adapt to whatever you want to do, hopefully.  I really need to watch more Mech Anime stuff so I can do these things better.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3041 on: October 18, 2016, 01:57:47 AM
Looking forward to it!!!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3042 on: November 11, 2016, 02:44:30 PM
So this is brief overview of the battle system of the new RP, I'll more information on character creation later.

In this RP things are handled in three phases as the stories progress.

Roleplay Phase

In this phase players can interact and do things in any order, with no need of rolls or turn order unless a player is doing something that requires effort where they will be required to roll a D20 dice with a difficulty based on how good that character is at a certain action (Lockpicking or jumping ect..) There are no stats for these kinda rolls but it should be based on how you wrote your character, if you are playing a theif then lock picking should be easy while someone like a farmer won't be able to pick locks as easily and will have a harder number to beat.

Example: Sakura wants to pick a lock but she's not trained in such things. She rolls a D20 and gets a 10, but because she's not good at it the locking picking check requires a 15+ to succeed. As such Sakura can't jimmy the lock.

Mean while Quickie is trained at lockpicking and only requires a 12+ to succeed, she rolls a 15 so she is able to do it.

When the party leave to explore something like a dungeon we enter the "Adventure Phase"

Adventure Phase

Adventure Phase also doesn't require a turn order but does focus more on rolls, for the sake of simplicity when the players explore a location each encounter will be considered a "Floor" regardless of wether they go up or down while proceeding, so traveling through a forest is also considered "floors". HP lost during the adventure phase can be restored via skills, or resting. Resting can only be done on floors where making a campsite is possible.

When players reach a new floor the party must decide how they want to proceed, do they search the area to make sure there is no danger? Or do they simply look for treasure? Regardless a roll must be made with any party members who wish to take part all rolling individually. (the rolls are all counted separately and as long as one beats my difficulty it's considered a success)

Encounters can be the following.

-A story encounter
-A Trap that players must get past
-Finding treasure
-A monster encounter

the DM will handle encounter types (I'll try to keep it interesting)

Encounter Phase

The final phase is the encounter phase is the final phase where players need to battle monsters, this is where character sheets come into play and some stats exists.

We'll go over classes and character creation later but here is an example of the starting stats of the three basic classes.

Tank Class
----------
HP:10 - Health Points
SP:3 - Surge Points (Points that can be spent per in game day in any phase to restore HP)
AC:16 - Armor Class (The number that must be equaled or beaten for an attack to connect)
Speed:5  (The bonus to initiative rolls during the Encounter Phase)
Surge Value: 5 - the amount of HP restores by a health surge

Striker Class
-------------
HP:6
SP:1
AC:14
Speed:9
Surge Value: 3

Support Class
-------------
HP:8
SP:2
AC:15
Speed:7
Surge Value: 5

So Quickie, Sakura and Phi enter a new floor, they decide to carefully check the area for traps or other hazards but fail their checks, sudden a giant fuzzy spider drops from the ceiling on top of them, OH NO! This monster ambushed the party so it gets a free attack when combat starts!

Players will now roll initiative, Roll a D20 and add your speed stat to that result for your Initiative.

Quickie a tank rolls a 1d20 for a total of 14 and her tank's speed stat of 5 for a total of 19.
Sakura rolls a 1d20 for a total of 2 and adds her Striker class speed of 9 for a total of 11.
Phi rolls a 1d20 for a total of 16 plus her speed of 7 for a total of 23.
The giant fluffy spider rolls a 14 plus it's speed of 7 for a total of 21.

So the turn order is...   Phi, Fluffy Spider, Quickie, and then Sakura. however the spider gets a free turn because it took the party by surprise. Otherwise the order continues until the encounter ends (KO'd enemies or allies are skipped from the imitative)

The Monster bares it's sharp fangs and attacks Quickie! Rolling a 1d20 roll of 13+ the attack roll of 4 from it's bite attack for a total of 17. The roll is then compared to the target's AC or armor class in Quickie's case her AC as a tank is 16, if the roll equals or is greater than the target's AC the attack counts as a hit causing the damage of the attack and applying any other effects.

Quickie as such is unable to defend/dodge the attack and takes the Bites' 1 point of damage. The spider is also poisonous so it's bite also applies the status effect "Poison" Quickie will take one point of damage at the start of ever turn from this point on until she rolls higher than a 15 on a D20 roll at the end of every turn. If poison persists into the Adventure Phase after battle Quickie can try to roll once per floor and will take the damage for each floor they move to.

Now Phi is up, player turns are handled as followed.

A player can take one standard action and a minor action or two minor actions by not making a standard action.

A standard action is an attack or any action such as trying to solve a puzzle during combat or freeing a tied up ally from a rope for example. Most Powers (the attacks everything has in battle) are considered Standard Actions unless said otherwise.

Minor actions are simple things that don't require a full turn such as spending a Healing Surge or pulling an item from your bag or making a check to try and solve a situation during combat.

Phi decides to attack the spider back, as such she must select one of her "Powers" to strike at the target.

Powers are divided into three categories.

At-Wills (Can be used as many times in battle as desired)
Encounter Powers (Can be used one per individual floor)
Dalies (Can be used once per in game day and required the user to be fully rested before they can be used again)

Phi decides to use the At-Will power "Slash" she rolls a d20 dice and adds "Slash"'s Attack bonus of +4 to the roll for a total of 15, the spider's AC is 12 so that hits and she applies the power's damage of 2 to the spider as well as any effects slash might have had. This counts as a Standard action.

Phi also decides to pull an antidote from her pack to help Quickie and this counts as a Minor action. Quickie can then use a minor action to accept the antidote on her turn and a standard to use it, or Phi can wait until her next turn to spend a minor to give it to Quickie.

While on the topic of Minor actions, Healing Surges can be spent to restores HP to the user in emergency, each class has a different amount of SP or Surge Points and each class gets a different amount of HP back from a used Surge (Tanks get 5 HP back per surge, while Strikers only get 3 back). You can spend as many surges as you have minor actions and SP is restores after an extended rest like Daily powers.

Finally each player has once per in game day an "Action Point" and action points can be used to give the user a new turn right away, or allow that player to re-roll a failed check once.

This is more or less how combat will function-I'll type it up better along with character/Power creation later-just wanted to give an idea how the RP will function mechanics wise.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3043 on: November 11, 2016, 03:00:14 PM
I need to make a note of this. It looks very simple, but a bit difficult to remember everything perfectly right off the bat.

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3044 on: November 11, 2016, 09:00:27 PM
I need to make a note of this. It looks very simple, but a bit difficult to remember everything perfectly right off the bat.

I'll make sure to have the fully written up ruleset up when the RP starts on post one.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3045 on: November 11, 2016, 09:47:30 PM
Rudimentary d20 system. No big deal. Looks like it'll work fine.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3046 on: November 11, 2016, 10:05:52 PM
Pretty much wanted it as simple and pick up and play as possible. Power creation will take some communication with the players to make them but even that will be pretty simple.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3047 on: November 12, 2016, 02:59:10 AM
Hmmm... Reads simple enough.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3048 on: November 15, 2016, 06:30:06 PM
I had a character I wanted to use in the new RP, but looking at the races provided, I might have to debate on which race she closely falls into.

Looking through the scraps I've done on her sometime ago...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

...this is all I did on her concept. However, the girl on the right:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

...is pretty much what she's suppose to look like. Also, she's a Gria (a race from FFTA2), BTW.

I'm thinking her character would be more leaning towards the demon race, IMO.

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3049 on: November 15, 2016, 06:36:21 PM
I'd say she could also fit in as a Sylph/Fae tribe since they have no general appearance and are all magic looking.