Trying to find an old Mega Man X fan comic (Sephy-Kitsune?)

Vile 0 · 6580

Offline Vile 0

• Infinity Giggity Giggity Goo.
  • Net Navi
  • Aw-right!
    • View Profile
There was this fan comic that I read, found it through the Bob and George forums, by a girl who I -think- went by Sephy Kitsune (or some other combination) that was a Mega Man X: Command Mission comic, hand drawn, cute writing, nice art style.

I also think it was hosted on the website of like...Taco-Girl or something? I can't seem to find it, possibly not around anymore, but I'm sure that there's some place that archives all kinds of stuff on the internet and this might be one of them.

Anyone that can help me would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:10:55 PM
Rings a great many bells... ain't got a lead though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:12:18 PM
The only one I can think of is Down Time, but I can't find that either.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:20 AM
Merry Christmas.
(EDITS 9/25/2018: Link updated as I have been contacted by others still looking for the comic)

Downtime was a sub-comic hosted under the server for Stage Select: When Robot Masters Attack.  The owner of Stage Select yanked all comics, both her own and the subs, after an extended bout of inactivity.

For any of you who haven't read it, do so.  Now.  It's frikkin' hilarious.

The funny thing is, Downtime was up/inactive for so long that I COMPLETELY forgot that I had ever archived it, and later went to grab whatever snippits I could salvage after it was taken down ('tis how I found the New Years flash ani).  It was only thanks to this thread that I re-checked my folders and found my original archive. So, yeah, thanks Vile 0! :V
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:49:39 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline RolandDeschain

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:50:24 PM
Merry Christmas.

Downtime was a sub-comic hosted under the server for Stage Select: When Robot Masters Attack.  The owner of Stage Select yanked all comics, both her own and the subs, after an extended bout of inactivity.

For any of you who haven't read it, do so.  Now.  It's frikkin' hilarious.

The funny thing is, Downtime up/inactive for so long that I COMPLETELY forgot that I had ever archived it, and later went to grab whatever snippits I could salvage after it was taken down ('tis how I found the New Years flash ani).  It was only thanks to this thread that I re-checked my folders and found my original archive. So, yeah, thanks Vile 0! :V

Chances are slim, but I gotta ask, did you by any chance archive the Stage Select: When Robot Masters Attack comics as well?  It's rare for something to have been so completely wiped off the face of the internet, I've looked all over the place for it and it just can't be found.  Tried the WayBackMachine as well, but it only saves so much of a website.  I gotta wonder why she yanked it, I e-mailed her asking if she had any plans on throwing them back up on her site, but got zip on the response department for that.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 05:14:32 AM
No such luck, sadly.  Yeah, I know, Stage Select had some awesome moments.  It ran a really, really long time, though, and I never thought to save it all.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 06:41:20 AM
I can ask if she ever plans to put up an archive of them somewhere.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:23:10 PM
I'm not sure if I have all of the last Stage Select comics...

But I'm now uploading an archive of what I have.

I think I should have practically everything.

Posted on: September 13, 2013, 11:06:25 AM
https://app.box.com/s/cx9fmnu39gum8ac3ltkm

There you go.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 03:09:48 PM
If you don't mind me hijacking this thread for my own purposes, while on the subject of old Sprite Comics, does anyone happen to have an archive of an X sprite comic called "Forte: Dark Messiah" by a guy named Wedge? It's been dead for a few years now and not even a Google search has yielded any results so far.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 07:54:01 PM
I remember that comic. Shame about it. It was a fun read.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.