Miyabi's FABULOUS 2013 Valentine's Day Fanart Contest: RESULTS POSTED!

Rock Miyabi · 20670

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
The news section needed a little bump in activity...-u-'

Christmas is over, Megaversaries have passed, and once again there is a strange love in the air. It's time for my almost-annual Megaman Valentine's Day Contest shenanigans!

As usual, there will be two categories, one that focuses on humor, and one that focuses on talent. This gives you two chances to submit something and win. Voting was open at my dA page for category themes again this year, although this time around, the top choice and 5th most popular were chosen. Had to mix it up a bit.

PRIZES:

Sounds like most of you like the option of picking your prize, so the grand prize winners of each category will be able to get the prize of their choice, at $50 USD or less. Want a  Bandai D-Arts figure or one from Kotobukiya before they disappear? Soundtracks like We Are Rock-Men! 2 or Rockman Holic? Got something else in mind you've wanted to get from eBay, but haven't had the cash? Want a year subscription to dA? It's yours. As long as it's under $50, it's game. A cash prize through Paypal is also an option.

The second place winners will get a prize of their choice under $25, so something like a T-shirt from the Official Capcom Store, an Archie Comics subscription, or a 6-month dA subscription.

The third place winners will get a prize of their choice under $15, with options like Bobble Budds, Epic Scents air fresheners, keychains, an Archie Comics graphic novel or a 3-month dA sub. And I'll probably throw in some random Link/Progress/Advanced Battlechips as usual.

Yes again, that's me giving you guys nearly $200 in prizes. I am so broke because of y'all.

RULES:

Two categories, which you are allowed to enter in both if you would like. If you place (or place higher) in one category, you will be automatically disqualified from the other, for reasons of fairness, and to give other people a chance to win a prize.

CATEGORY 1: 50 SHADES OF ASHE AND GREY (Humor)

When you all voted for this category, you all wanted to draw some kinky bondage, didn't you? Admit it. Perverts. Well, sorry to disappoint, but that's not what this category is about.

A common characteristic of romance is blushing, from some sort of lovestruck emotion to embarrassment around someone you have feelings for. Hey, we all can get nervous around beautiful people! And in the case of this category, I want you to show us either Ashe or Grey from the ZX series looking a little flushed while falling for any other character(s) of your choice. How red they get probably will depend on who or what scenario you draw that is making them blush so much. But a blushing Ashe or Grey must be part of your pic.

Your humor can push the limit a bit, but we're not looking for art that is purposely inspired by 50 Shades of Grey here. This theme will work as the humor category, so the judging will focus on how funny the content you come up with is.

Content Requirements:
- Ashe or Grey from ZXA
- Blushing

CATEGORY 2: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT FABIO-LOUS! (Talent)

While the Humor Category theme references a romance novel in its title, the Talent Category will continue the literary connection by actually focusing on a romance novel cover itself.

If there is one word synonymous with romance books, it would be Harlequin. And if there is one man synonymous with Harlequin book covers, it's Fabio. But Fabio isn't part of the Megaman Universe. Yet... However, we do have one character who is quite faaaab, and who would make any woman swoon. And that would be Jewel Man.

As humorous as this idea sounds, it is going to require major talent to turn Jewel Man into a ripped, muscular, partially-dressed lover with endless, flowing locks around his giant, jeweled, Muppet-looking head. Do you have what it takes to make a Robot Master covered in jewels look uber-manly, and quite simply, Fabio-lous?

For this category you will need to create a fictional Harlequin novel cover concept, and it must have Jewel Man as your male lead. You can choose any female character from any other Megaman series to include in your mock cover. To win in this category, you will have to prove you can whip up a creative story title to go with a scene oozing with passion, including long, flowing locks of hair blowing in the wind, and with clothing that leaves just enough to the imagination, such as open shirts revealing major, oiled-up muscle tone and ample cleavage, without being too revealing. And if you want to grace us with a blurb of the worst fanfiction ever to go along with your cover, the better!

Obviously this category might come across as a little more risqué, but any submission with blatant nudity will not be allowed. Implied nudity, tastefully covered, will get the OK. This theme will work as the talent category, so the judging will focus on the work and effort you put into your piece. If this category doesn't create the greatest pieces of fanart ever in the Megaman community, I don't know what will.

Content Requirements:
- Emulate a Harlequin Novel Cover
- Jewel Man
- Additional female character of your choice

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

Only submit your own work, as usual. Any character, major or minor, from any series is allowed, to go along with the character(s) required in each category. Pairing characters from different series is totally allowed. Again, to be fair to all, same-gender groupings are allowed, although I would prefer the Talent Category to stick to a hetero-pairing, as to fit with the theme. Humans and robots and reploids and servbots and computer programs and viruses and alien AM/FM beings, etc. all deserve their chance for some lovin', without prejudice!!

Participants are allowed to submit from all over the world. It's easier for me to get prizes to US entrants, because international shipping is complicated and pricey, but I'll do what I can for you guys who aren't in the States. In some cases, Paypal might be the best option for your winnings.

Entries do not need to be colored, but it is preferred.

Please keep all your entries appropriate for most ages. No extremely suggestive sexual content. No, this is still not a Valentine's hentai contest.

Entries can either be e-mailed to me at rock2125[at]hotmail[dot]com, or you can just PM/note me a link to your pic.

DO NOT
post your pics in this thread, in your fanart threads or dA galleries until the contest is over. This is the fairest way for competitive reasons. I prefer to keep them all secret until the deadline has passed.

I'll edit a confirmed entry list in this thread when I receive them. So you won't be in the dark about whether or not I've received your entry.

DEADLINE:

The deadline for this contest IS OVER!!! This gives you just over a month from this announcement to create something.

MISCELLANEOUS INFO:

- As usual, If you don't plan to enter, but would like to help me judge, please let me know through PM or mention so in this thread. Thanks to all my usual judges, and I'll gladly let you help with it again if you're willing.

So, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Join in if you'd like and good luck to everyone who enters!

Judges:
Rock Miyabi
Protoman Blues
Dr. Wily II
Sakura Leic
Ruri

Confirmed Entries:  

50 Shades of Ashe and Grey
The Great Gonzo/RADIX
Nat Grim
borockman
Dark-Dullahan
Glitcher
Fenril Huayra

Fabio-lous Novel Cover
Silver Steel Dragunn
Venomous Jello
Soul Aura 777
Gingler
Dark Waltz/Black Mages Waltz
Auroraxaime
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:15:17 AM by Rock Miyabi »

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:15:03 AM
I love judging these things, so I'm in again if you'll have me! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:20:49 AM
Can anyone be a judge?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:38:47 PM
Oh god.
I'd like to judge this time around, if the position is still available. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 04:45:16 PM
I got my poses sketched out, working on the background before I transfer it to better paper and draw in the details. (Sketch paper doesn't hold marker very well.) Hopefully I managed to make Jewel Man still look like Jewel Man only manly. XD

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:39 AM
PB: But of course!
Doc: Open and accepted!
Sakura: People without the internet who won't see this contest cannot be a judge. But other than thaaat, yes, I will accept anyone who willingly would like to help. As long as you think you can fairly judge the entries, and are willing to give some sort of comment on what you liked about what you felt were the top three entries, you too can be a judge! If you'd like to, just say the word.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:29 AM
YAAAAAAAY!

Can I also require all participants in the JewelMan contest to sing my version of It's Not Easy Being Fabulous?  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 04:33:38 AM
Sound fun, I think I'll do it.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:26 AM
@PB: We can try. I don't know how many youngin's from dA who sadly have never experienced your parody lyrics will be able to handle it the first time, but we can try.  XD

At the very least, I can probably incorporate it into the results!

@Sakura: Alright, you are added! Thanks for joining.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 04:41:43 AM
Haha, I really should put that up on YouTube one day!

Archer

Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 04:42:27 AM
Can I be a judge or something too? My rather lacking ability that is required for these types of contests always leaves me left out.

I promise I'll be nice.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 05:31:27 AM
Sure thing. That'll put me at 5, which is what I usually like to cap out at.

So with that addition, consider the judging panel officially set.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 01:18:51 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

TIME FOR KINKY BO-

When you all voted for this category, you all wanted to draw some kinky bondage, didn't you? Admit it. Perverts. Well, sorry to disappoint, but that's not what this category is about.
... *snaps fingers*

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 10:59:09 PM
I have a raised hand, for judging duties.  This will be my fourth time judging, if you don't mind.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 04:28:59 AM
@Yllisos: Dude, you raised your hand almost a day after I closed it and struck through that line! If I for some strange reason get a big amount of entries or somebody bows out of judging, I'll use you as an alternate judge.

Posted on: January 12, 2013, 05:58:32 PM
Friendly reminder - you have exactly one week to go before the contest deadline. Two entries received so far, two dozen waiting to be sent, right...right??!!! You have 'til midnight~ish next Thursday, so get those tablets and pencils 'a goin'. Don't make me make more gorgeous promo art abominations, I really want to see yours!!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 02:29:59 PM
MY EYES ARE STILL BURNING

MAKE THEM BURN LONGERRRRRRRRRRRR

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 05:20:43 AM
Deadline has passed, and the contest is closed for judging.

RPM judging team assemble!
Dammit, where is the Ron Burgundy kobun emote?

Typing up the info, including links to all entries right after I post this. Expect the info in your PM boxes soon...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 05:22:01 AM
Ohboyohboyohboyohboy!!

I wonder what kind of eye-bleeding (of the good kind!) we'll see in the Fabio section! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 05:25:11 AM
Ready and Willing.

Archer

Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 05:48:05 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Z9qolQZ8Y[/youtube]

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 05:14:32 AM
Sent! Sorry, took a bit of time to type and paste all that good stuff.  -u-'

Posted on: February 15, 2013, 10:11:27 PM
Once again, sorry to all involved that it has taken a couple weeks, but we are finally at the moment you have been waiting for. 50 Shades of Ashe and Grey bondage pics and buttered up, oily JewelMANLY seducing busty women images!!!! Sorry to say the majority of our entries were not like that... -AC

I have uploaded all the entries to my dA stash for now, but will delete them as all artists begin to post to their pages and I can get a webpage whipped up. Please click the links to go to each entry, along with some judge commentary (submitted twice by me, as my descriptions weren't saving at first, if you are curious why I also commented the same thing) Please comment either in this thread or on the artist's page and not on my stash page to show your support, as those stash pages will disappear within the next week or two. And with no further ado, here they are:

50 Shades of Ashe and Grey (Humor Category)

1.) Fenril-Huayra -

2.) Borockman -

3.) General-RADIX -

4.) Glitcher -

5.) Nat Grim -

6.) Dark-Dullahan -

Fabio-lous Novel Cover (Talent Category) [Note: Some entrants also provided a short blurb about their "novel." Those are included in the comments on the stash links and not in this post.]

1.) Gingler -

2.) VenomousJello -

3.) SilverSteelDragunn -

3.) BlackMagesWaltz -

5.) SoulAura777 -

6.) Auroraxaimei02 -

There was a rare tie for third place in the Talent Category, and rather than break that tie, I will end up giving both winners the same prize slot. So as a bonus, 7 of the 12 participants will walk home with something for their efforts. Not too shabby.

Top three winners in each category will be contacted by me real soon.

A big thanks to all who entered once again, and to my group of judges - Protoman Blues, Dr Wily II, Archer and Sakura Leic - for helping out this year. For those who are feeling dejected, don't fret, there is as always a chance next year, or whenever I randomly choose to do a non-V-Day contest. Give yourselves all a big hand for what you drew, as they weren't exactly the easiest subjects to draw. I enjoyed seeing all of your creativity, and I know many others will too. Voting was close, and again, no single person had the exact same placing with any of our judges. You gave us a hard time figuring out who would come away with the prizes!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Aile won!?
AILE WON [eyebrow]

[spoiler]I ranked that pic as 2nd place... 8D[/spoiler]