Guest · 762808

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2275 on: October 19, 2013, 05:36:47 AM
Still I don't see the logic of how Electric type Pokemon are Masochists.
Pichu's moveset in SSB Melee comes to mind...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2276 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:06 AM
Those Fairy Gym trainers should be ashamed of themselves.  Grimlock (my Tyrantrum, that's Rock/Dragon for those unaware) took the entire gym almost single-handedly, requiring a switch-out only against Valerie's Sylveon.

Listen, the way this game lets you level up, all gyms are pretty much no match for you. I just got my 5th badge and Pyre Sage is already at LVL 51.

Also, is it just me or do certain Pokemon always get the best Nature. I mean I just caught a Gible not too long ago and it's the exact nature I want for it. I don't even care that much about natures, but I just find it bizarre.

Still I don't see the logic of how Electric type Pokemon are Masochists.

They enjoy getting shocked and electrocuted! XD Look at Pichu in Melee!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2277 on: October 19, 2013, 05:41:38 AM
But they're made of electricity and produce electricity, it's like saying humans are Masochists because we drink water and like to swim and get wet.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2278 on: October 19, 2013, 05:42:33 AM
Pain is still pain!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2279 on: October 19, 2013, 05:43:10 AM
Wouldn't that make all Pokemon Masochists then?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2280 on: October 19, 2013, 05:44:53 AM
Only if they like pain. Which electric types do! Trust me, I know.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2281 on: October 19, 2013, 05:45:36 AM
Only if they like pain. Which electric types do! Trust me, I know.
Whatever you say dude, whatever you say.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2282 on: October 19, 2013, 05:47:25 AM
Listen, the way this game lets you level up, all gyms are pretty much no match for you. I just got my 5th badge and Pyre Sage is already at LVL 51.
Yeah, I've noticed.  It's just funny going in with a deliberately bad Type matchup and claiming victory anyway.

Also, Sylveon would have lost to a Dragon despite the switch, except that apparently he was too damn sexy for my Mega Charizard to willingly attack (lousy Cute Charm...).  Thankfully my Gardevoir knows a player when she sees one.

Also, is it just me or do certain Pokemon always get the best Nature. I mean I just caught a Gible not too long ago and it's the exact nature I want for it. I don't even care that much about natures, but I just find it bizarre.
Not that I've seen.  The only conspicuously repeating Nature I've gotten (outside of breeding for it on purpose with an Everstone, that is) was the free Lapras being always Docile.

Then again, I haven't done a lot of repeat-captures.  Aerodactyl and Onix, that's about it...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2283 on: October 19, 2013, 05:51:08 AM
I pretty much have my team figured out and haven't really changed it.  Only a few Pokemon get switched around, but most of them stay the same.  Taken my Farfetch'd through four gyms so far.  The types?  Mostly fire, one water, one psychic, one normal, and a couple of mixed types.

And my Kadabra isn't even a permanent fixture.  He's just there for grinding.  Farfetch'd is there for catching.  Lapras for the purpose of having one Water type, and Flamin' Yawn, St. Elmo, and Pavorotti are on the team for good.

By the time everything is said and done, my team will be a weird, unbalanced amalgam, with a Dunsparce because I like Dunsparce.

Archer

Reply #2284 on: October 19, 2013, 05:53:36 AM
So.

Another new feature is the furthering of IV transfer. Previously, when the parent Pokémon had power items attached, it guaranteed the transfer of one of the IVs, while several IVs were guaranteed to pass down. However, as of X & Y, if you have one of the parents hold the Destiny Knot item, then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred

Also keep in mind that Pokemon in the Friend Safari are guaranteed 2 maxed IVs.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2285 on: October 19, 2013, 05:55:17 AM
Maybe they wanted this game to be sort of like Pokemon Colosseum and encourage using a lot of Pokemon during the game or something.  Maybe that's why it's so easy.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2286 on: October 19, 2013, 06:00:10 AM
I don't mind the easy leveling.  As an old Kanto/Johto veteran, I found the game pretty easy to get used to.  Haven't really changed my battling style much, aside from that I use items more, my weaker Pokemon get a Rocky Helmet for good measure, and I'm more apt to use status-affecting moves than go at it through sheer brute force. For a while there, my one strategy was to have Flamin' Yawn use Fire Spin, then sit back and let it do all the work.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2287 on: October 19, 2013, 06:03:10 AM
I just gave my Rocky Helmet to Tsunami since I know that he's the pure tank and therefore is going to be probably cause the least damage even with a Modest Nature.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2288 on: October 19, 2013, 06:28:52 AM
Not that I've seen.  The only conspicuously repeating Nature I've gotten (outside of breeding for it on purpose with an Everstone, that is) was the free Lapras being always Docile.

Then again, I haven't done a lot of repeat-captures.  Aerodactyl and Onix, that's about it...

Then I'm just getting really lucky then, it seems. I guess it's my trainer's sex appeal!  8D

Maybe they wanted this game to be sort of like Pokemon Colosseum and encourage using a lot of Pokemon during the game or something.  Maybe that's why it's so easy.

Well it's working. After getting my 5th badge, I've decided to grind a bit to level up LT. ADORABOLT (Emolga) and TARGARYEN (Gabite)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2289 on: October 19, 2013, 06:33:39 AM
Hm.  I should evolve my Eevee and grind it up to snuff.  Or, I could go get my Pikachu from the daycare, finally.  He should be good to go.  I'd drop off Barbarella (Emolga), but I don't think I'll get an egg from her and Mara Jade. XD

I guess I could see what gender my Pachirisu is.  If it's male, perhaps he and my Plusle can get it on.

My Plusle will become a whore.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2290 on: October 19, 2013, 06:37:54 AM
.....So what the [tornado fang] do you want to evolve your Eevee to since you have 8 choices.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2291 on: October 19, 2013, 06:44:31 AM
Bleh... Is it bad that I'm using up my money buying cosmetic things to try to unlock more cosmetic things?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2292 on: October 19, 2013, 06:50:13 AM
Bleh... Is it bad that I'm using up my money buying cosmetic things to try to unlock more cosmetic things?

Oh man, I was pissed when they FINALLY let me into that snooty store in Paris. I finally get ready to buy my Fedora, and that [parasitic bomb]'s [tornado fang]ing COSTLY.

Goddamn snobs!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2293 on: October 19, 2013, 06:56:15 AM
I'm thinking of evolving my Eevee into a Jolteon.

As for that snobby store, they can go [tornado fang] themselves.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2294 on: October 19, 2013, 06:56:55 AM
Oh man, I was pissed when they FINALLY let me into that snooty store in Paris. I finally get ready to buy my Fedora, and that [parasitic bomb]'s [tornado fang]ing COSTLY.

Goddamn snobs!

I don't even know how to get in, but yeah, they probably have a good reason for not letting you in at first, even if it is insulting!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2295 on: October 19, 2013, 07:00:13 AM
I don't even know how to get in, but yeah, they probably have a good reason for not letting you in at first, even if it is insulting!
you have to do a lot of things in Lumiose like shop at the shops and get your Furfrou trimmed and so on.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2296 on: October 19, 2013, 07:01:53 AM
Yeah, I did everything. AND THEY CHARGE A LOT.

Jerkstores.  -_-

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2297 on: October 19, 2013, 07:03:54 AM
I just heard the strangest sound outside.  It sounded like your usual stock high-pitched squealing Pokemon cry, but as it sounded frantic and was accompanied by rustling...  I think whatever made that noise is a goner.

Let us have a moment of silence for that creature.

I did get my hair cut, but haven't gotten a Furfrou trimmed.  I did shop at a couple of places, though.  Is the Furfrou-trimming a requirement?  I don't even have it on my team.  Does it need to be on your team so you can spend money getting it trimmed for no reason other than to go shop at Bitches-R-Us?

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2298 on: October 19, 2013, 07:04:09 AM
And now storming the Battle Chateau.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2299 on: October 19, 2013, 07:05:17 AM
you have to do a lot of things in Lumiose like shop at the shops and get your Furfrou trimmed and so on.

Get my Furfrou trimmed?

I caught a Furfrou but its still kinda lame that I have to pull it out of the box just to spend money to trim it.

Oh well, that can wait. I just got back to Lumiose from the Power Plant so I'll do that stuff after the next gym.