Mega Man VX: Online Co-op, Competitive, User-Generated Content a la SNES X

Suppercut ♡ · 17250

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Notice 2: I was never insulted nor felt insulted. Tron pointed out my mistakes, and so I am in the process of correcting them. Now stop telling me not to mind them and stop telling me to suck it up, ffs. Aside from that, if you are still interested, here's the website, and here's my Youtube channel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nkaMWWzLWGo[/youtube]

What is MEGA MAN VX?
MEGA MAN VX is a fangame based on Mega Man X. It aims to recreate the original SNES games' fast-paced action while adding many new features to adjust it to modern gaming.

What are the goals of this project?
When the game is finished, MEGA MAN VX will have the following features:
Run, dash, walljump, and glide on a movement engine focused on recreating Mega Man X and X2 physics as closely as possible to the original!
Go head to head with Mega Man X fans all over the world in exciting multiplayer combat, including gamemodes like Territorial Control, Buster Game, and more!
Fight Mavericks with your friends in co-operative campaigns, either online or locally!
Tools for creating your own custom campaigns for singleplayer or co-op, and even custom battle maps for multiplayer combat!
Turn your enemies into gold statues as a Ride Armor rider with special unlockable cosmetic items!
There could be even more to come!

Will you be including all of my favorite Mega Man X/X2/X3 weapons?
With MEGA MAN VX's palette system, if your favorite Mega Man X/X2/X3 weapon has a palette, it will most likely be in the game! It may, albeit, be balanced with other weapons for fair gameplay, but overall you will see them in the game along with some weapons unique to the game!

When are you releasing this?
Good question. This is an ambitious project that will require lots of playtesters and some people to create beta user-generated content (hereby referred to UGC) to release with the game. If you would like to help out, here is what I need:
  • Playtesters who are very experienced with the Mega Man X series of games who can provide proper feedback on gameplay.
  • Graphics artists for stage design and sample UGC to ship with the game.
  • Music artists who can create music in the similar style of Mega Man X and similar games.
  • Level designers and story writers for sample UGC to be shipped with the game.

Wow! This looks cool! Can I test it?
Sure! Just let me know and I can add you to the list of testers. I'll start you out with the current build of the alpha, and when I have something for others to test, I'll send that update. It'll get sparse, though, but I will be uploading devlogs to my YouTube channel, HeadInjuryGames, to make up for it.

Hope I find support in you guys! Tell me, how long have you waited for full competitive/co-op SNES-style Mega Man X?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:38:59 PM by Suppercut »

what

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I'm fairly interested in this project. I wouldn't mind being a playtester.

Archer

(yes, it's a joke)
Please stop making jokes.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Please stop making jokes.

F*ck it, I'm changing the gorramn thumbnail  -AC

The beta campaign itself is based on a joke, not the whole post. It's also NOT going to be the only (or main) campaign available. It's just what I could come up with in that time span of "what the hell am I doing this stage for, it has enemies so I can't call it a multiplayer stage".

Besides, what stick's up your ass, mister serious-pants? Is Mega Man X too srs bsns for you to appreciate this project where I plan to have multiplayer, co-op, and user-generated campaigns? I can't have even a little fun with it? B(

(On a post-note, wow, it really is srs bsns. Srs enough to have censors, apparently.)

Edit:
I'm fairly interested in this project. I wouldn't mind being a playtester.

PM me your email address and I will add you to the list. I was waiting for a hardcore MMX player to help with accuracy.

what

Archer

The only one with something up their ass here is you, what's with that overreaction?

multiplayer, co-op, and user-generated campaigns?

Why are these words bold, am I supposed to be impressed or something?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Suppercut, don't worry about Ruri and enjoy your sta-

Wait, you're just here to advertise your fan game that will be eventually abandoned , no?

Move along.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
I like what I'm seeing! Can't wait to try this out~

Don't mind the people here, don't know why they are acting like this, but I hope your project turns out great. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
The only one with something up their ass here is you, what's with that overreaction?
What overreaction? Besides, you're the one who decided to disregard a whole post just to whine about a "joke".
Why are these words bold, am I supposed to be impressed or something?
Sure, whatever. But I'm calling "troll" on this one.

Suppercut, don't worry about Ruri and enjoy your sta-

Wait, you're just here to advertise your fan game that will be eventually abandoned , no?

Move along.
Did I say I would abandon it? I'm trying to be dedicated to this project.

Sheesh, what's with these guys?

I like what I'm seeing! Can't wait to try this out~

Don't mind the people here, don't know why they are acting like this, but I hope your project turns out great. ^^
Thanks mate. I don't know either. If you want, I still have beta testing slots left.

what

Archer

What overreaction? Besides, you're the one who decided to disregard a whole post just to whine about a "joke".

I didn't whine, I even asked nicely. Besides I was doing it more for your benefit than mine, you're the one who comes off looking stupid with such bad jokes.

Sure, whatever. But I'm calling "troll" on this one.

I'm not impressed with your thing so I'm a troll? Hah.

Because 99% of fangames posted on this site never get completed, people just start making them for attention. From what I've seen you seem to be the same.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile

Sheesh, what's with these guys?
Of course you didn't say that, stupid. Nobody ever says that...

[spoiler]Until they eventually do abandon it[/spoiler]

I like however, how you actually ignored completely the actual message behind my post.
My point is this:

It annoys me.
As much as I enjoy looking at fan games, hearing about fan games and playing fan games...

When someone like you shows up, and on his first post just advertizes his fan game, I know that he's not going to participate in our forum activities.
It just makes me mad, because in my opinion, just because we have a fan game section it does not mean you should just post stuff about your own pet project in your own thread. AND THEN [tornado fang]ing IGNORE REST OF THE FORUM.

Oh, and Ruri pretty much nailed it too.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
If you want, I still have beta testing slots left.

I'll send an e-mail and hopefully I can slip in some free time testing it.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I knew I should have never came here when I saw that long list of posts in this subforum, but I went ahead anyways...

To Tron. I'm sorry for wasting your time. There would have been a 50% chance that I would have done just that (the ignore the forum thing, not abandoning this). Tron, I acknowledge your pain and feel terribly bad for you. If it's anything, I'll hang around anyways. I doubt I'll get along after this, but I'll try.

As for Ruri. My main goal wasn't attention. I thought "oh cool, a Megaman forum, I highly doubt the folks at GMC are as skilled as the people here, this would help". Call it an attention cry if you want, but I'm hesitant to go yelling at people "HEY IM MAKING AN MMX FANGAME" just yet. I planned videos so that A. I had solid proof of concept, and B. as a devlog. Channels like those never really pick up until there is actual popularity, which I doubt it will even gain anyways since it's supposed to be an underground remake -- if it got too big, there will be lawyers.

I will promptly leave this thread now. If anyone's really serious about lending a hand...you know what, nevermind. No one will be after what just happened.

what

Archer

it's supposed to be an underground remake -- if it got too big, there will be lawyers.

lol

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
I will promptly leave this thread now. If anyone's really serious about lending a hand...you know what, nevermind. No one will be after what just happened.
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!
Hold up there, pardner.

If you really are so determined to do this, just simply ignore me and Ruri and continue.

Hiryu and Vixy want to be dem beta testers, it shows someone is serious about lending a hand.
Don't just [tornado fang]ing give up like that, man. Give up on this place I mean. There's a lot of people here, who I'm sure will help you in some way.

Sure, I told you dat [parasitic bomb] harshly, but it kinda makes me feel bad now.

Archer

If you can't even take those mild few posts you really shouldn't be posting your stuff on the Internet.

You obviously wouldn't be able to take it when someone seriously insulted you.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I'm going to be severely disappointed if no one creates a "retro campaign" where X and company fight through all of the original Rockman stages.  Seriously.

Also, this kind of reminds me Nemesis Online by that Spanish team, what with its heavy emphasis on user-generated content, multiplayer options, and so forth and so on. (That's not a bad thing at all.  Nemesis Online is pretty awesome.)

Offline Smoke

• Net Navi
  • Screw the Mega Arm, I have green hair!
    • View Profile
I like what I've seen so far and it seems that you have fantastic ideas for this game. Would be great if I could join in too for testing! I'm very familiar with Mega Man X.
Don't show any attention to those who can't recognize a great game-idea, my friend.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
If this can be online, then  owob.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
If you can't even take those mild few posts you really shouldn't be posting your stuff on the Internet.

You obviously wouldn't be able to take it when someone seriously insulted you.

Somehow, sometime, everyone is going to have to learn. We're all social creatures.

Anyways, I can attest to being insulted and not knowing how to deal with it, even when looking back. The best advice I can give for those situations is to

1) Show, don't tell
2) Don't post/think angry
3) Don't be a victim
4) Don't make a scene

These are basically all the mistakes I've made or seen other people make, based on the negative consequences that followed them. The internet is considered an information/content super-highway--and one that never forgets or forgives--with good reason. Everything's flying around fast and people tend to want a quick fix, and they're not afraid to point out unflattering things about anything. Just try to be mindful of that, and be very careful about taking it personally. What you may hold closely as a grudge or offense is often something people will have quickly forgotten about. You're better off doing what you love and not sweating what everyone else thinks until you're done with it and it's out there.

Anyways, the game sounds good. I don't have time to beta test it unfortunately, but don't give up. Too many people commit to something only to abandon it. I do it, and I don't even have projects.