Rockman X Over, a portable Social RPG, coming to a phone near you.

VixyNyan · 39340

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 07:01:42 AM
Well, at the very least, I think we can all agree on one thing:
The fandom is [tornado fang]'d.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 07:02:25 AM
Well, at the very least, I think we can all agree on one thing:
The fandom is [tornado fang]'d.  8D
I personally don't agree with that.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 07:05:19 AM
After all, judging something based on incomplete data is doomed to failure from the start. Or at least, that's how I see it.

It's easy to say that, but demos are supposed to interest you in the final product. Xover's demo is literally just "tap the buttons until things go away" and not much else.

And you know, this guy RPing as Luka seems to think that there's only one kind of extreme opinion. "You're a disgusting hateful asshat for not being okay with this" is pretty damn bad, too.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 07:06:47 AM
I personally don't agree with that.
Then you're wrong and stupid and grrr!

No not really.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: September 22, 2012, 07:07:28 AM
It's easy to say that, but demos are supposed to interest you in the final product. Xover's demo is literally just "tap the buttons until things go away" and not much else.

And you know, this guy RPing as Luka seems to think that there's only one kind of extreme opinion. "You're a disgusting hateful asshat for not being okay with this" is pretty damn bad, too.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too, he really doesn't seem to understand other opinions and again I really don't think the real WAMP-X would act like a child.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: September 22, 2012, 07:22:28 AM
I could excuse the game for being terrible if it's story is at least interesting to me. But outside of the plot devce of "mass produced Mega Men", the plot seems really sketchy. He's made by Cossack and Light, but it's a crossover of all the series? Even alternate universes? That's weird. is it a time travel thing? I would really like to know more, but I cant really expect amazing crossover plot from a phone game.

As for the guy and his blog and his opinion, well he's entitled to it. I dont think he quite understands WHY people are so upset, and WHY his idea of "if you keep complaining Capcom wont listen, try and suppert their games and maybe they will" doesnt work. Capcom has proven that either way they will not listen.

Support the bad games? "OH GOODY, THEY WANT MORE OF THAT" decry the bad games and avoid them like the plague? "OH SEEMS THEY DON'T LIKE MEGAMAN, OK, NO MORE MEGAMAN GAMES."

As for Over-1, I kinda wish his concept was introduced in a real game, rather than a shoddy one like this. his concept and design feel wasted here.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: September 22, 2012, 07:25:54 AM
As for Over-1, I kinda wish his concept was introduced in a real game, rather than a shoddy one like this. his concept and design feel wasted here.

Same, I kinda like him despite his sprite pretty much being an X edit. The idea is nice, the excution, well...

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: September 22, 2012, 07:37:00 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was a armor of X, but since he isn't he looks like a lame fan made character.  I like the design but only if t was X.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: September 22, 2012, 07:50:48 AM
but since he isn't he looks like a lame fan made character.

But considering that he's a cheap mass produced robot then isn't it appropiate? :P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: September 22, 2012, 08:00:01 AM
But considering that he's a cheap mass produced robot then isn't it appropiate? :P
Not for Light and Cosake.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: September 22, 2012, 08:13:18 AM
I find it strange that Light of all people would make a massproduced robot, when he was so insistent on robots being unique and Humanlike. To make some massproduced robot just seems out of character. I mean, where IS Mega Man in all this? if it' a crossover, where are all the other Mega Men? etc.

As for the design, I like it. The fur collar is a bit weird, but the rest of him is fine.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: September 22, 2012, 08:14:54 AM
I find it strange that Light of all people would make a massproduced robot, when he was so insistent on robots being unique and Humanlike. To make some massproduced robot just seems out of character.

I didn't even think of that.

Capcom just couldn't leave multiple Lukas running about to "gameplay and story segregation", could they?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: September 22, 2012, 08:20:55 AM
We'll find out I guess.