Rockman X Over, a portable Social RPG, coming to a phone near you.

VixyNyan · 39376

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Try playing Gamma Sigma with X on Hard Mode. 4/5 you'll get those giant purple death cubes popping up on you to murder your [parasitic bomb].

Also, Belial Sigma's lame. I know it's Sigma's shtick to copy his motif from pop culture/other sources, but his entire design is just one big grey mess, and fighting him is tedious. You literally just jump through hoops with the guy. Besides, he's not even the final boss. I liked the Copy Sigma fight and it's music better.
yeah, Copy Sigma was far better than Belial Sigma. :P

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
In newer terms, think of it as Street Passing or Facebooking, sharing data or communication between people, also seen in MMORPGs. >U<
Street Passing? Is that the thing from Heart Gold? Or Black? Just to give a frame of reference I haven't been on Internet in about 2-3 years. I tried Googling it, but it's too vague. I guess it automatically tells your friends when you beat stages or gain levels? I'm truly confused.

Posted on: August 19, 2012, 05:12:27
I was just wondering how that applied to the game, specifically. I'm guessing that's not clear yet?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
It's a Nintendo 3DS feature. If you and a person walks past each other while the systems are in standby mode, they will exchange data with each other, things like Mii character info, puzzle pieces to form a Nintendo image, soldier recruitment for a turn based RPG and other free goodies for your cartridge-based games. ^^

Basically you exchange data or send messages to friends in a "Social" environment, and that is why they use the term Social RPG, which could mean that you will share your character data or items to your friends and they will help you make the game much easier with their support.

/Phone

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I very much look forward to more information coming to light on what specifically gets traded back and forth.

Is it impossible to get games for iPhone to work on Droid? I'm debating on which type of super phone to get. I really really want expandable memory.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
This is some really exciting news!  I'm glad Megaman is finally moving away from BORING OLD CONSOLES and onto more relevant devices, like my smartphone and iPad.  Yet, this brings up a whole new question... Why stop at phones and tablets?  There are so many more devices where the series can thrive.

Sometimes I can't use my phone, like underwater, or on airplanes, or while driving, which poses a huge problem.  Here is an exciting new concept I've been working on that I want to pitch to Capcom.  It's called Rockman X Crash, for the car navigation system.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Does it support moving stuff around the screen with your fingers and a British lady talking to you?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
This is some really exciting news!  I'm glad Megaman is finally moving away from BORING OLD CONSOLES and onto more relevant devices, like my smartphone and iPad.  Yet, this brings up a whole new question... Why stop at phones and tablets?  There are so many more devices where the series can thrive.

Sometimes I can't use my phone, like underwater, or on airplanes, or while driving, which poses a huge problem.  Here is an exciting new concept I've been working on that I want to pitch to Capcom.  It's called Rockman X Crash, for the car navigation system.

LOL

I've missed you.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

That's a keeper. Welcome back.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Did you attach that picture to ensure it's always accessible? I just noticed this. That's awesome.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I want it to persist for posterity. Especially with that jug-ular avatar.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I know. Great idea.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: September 22, 2012, 05:50:43 AM
http://xover1.tumblr.com/
My man speaks the truth

Alright. This is going too far.

I understand what you fans are feeling. I understand that you’re angry, and that you want more. And I understand why you feel this way. I know it’s not a very good game. Believe me I know. To be honest, I would love to see a game where true Mega Men, who have already earned their names, got the attention that they deserved.

I know you are adamant. I know you are angry. But going so far as this? I’m actually starting to feel adamant myself.

You call yourselves fans, but you don’t give them a chance. You don’t give me a chance. Do you think that Capcom will provide good games for you in the future if you keep acting like this? I don’t think so. Calm yourselves a little, take a step back, and give it a chance. Maybe if you stop hating on everything they produce, they might take a step in the right direction, you never know. Capcom has been making poor decisions lately, I will not deny that. And on top of this, you say that they’re killing Mega Man…

Well, you fans are helping them do it one step at a time by doing things like this.

And that’s all I have to say on the matter. Hate me if you want, do your silly things like “trolling” all you want. I don’t care. I’m just seeing the logic and truth underneath all this.

~ Xover1

come on and hate me you guys

me and luka/xover1/akiyo will make our own megaman game with blackjack and hookers

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: September 22, 2012, 05:54:21 AM
In other words, yet another rant that shames the fans for feeling a certain way.

If DmC still lives, then Capcom doesn't give a [parasitic bomb] what anyone thinks, no matter how extreme.

edit: and another thing. If Capcom formally drops the series based on extreme opinions like that, then it'll be their fault, not ours. Because they ignored all of the more reasoned comments and picked only the few that made them look justified, and pretended that EVERYONE was creaming bloody murder. I'm fairly certain that only (or mostly) douchebags cherry-pick evidence like that.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: September 22, 2012, 06:14:21 AM
You know as well as I do, Gonzo, that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  If you have 100 people all screaming "Burn it with fire" for every 1 person making a nice, calm, rational, informed opinion, guess who people are going to listen to.

Anyway, I actually follow OVER-1 on Tumblr, but I've been taking a break today because of... personal reasons.  But I'll break my silence and reblog this.  It's really nicely written and I agree with him.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 22, 2012, 06:18:41 AM
Uh I don't know much about tumbler but is the guy who made this role playing?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 06:22:41 AM
He's doing a little bit of roleplaying and actual fan-ness if that makes sense

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #66 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:23 AM
Yes that's more or less what he does, Sakura. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: September 22, 2012, 06:25:47 AM
You know as well as I do, Gonzo, that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  If you have 100 people all screaming "Burn it with fire" for every 1 person making a nice, calm, rational, informed opinion, guess who people are going to listen to.

I'd like to think that my point still stands.

And most of the angry comments I saw weren't "burn it with fire", but "can't Capcom do anything right?" But even if I'm wrong, Capcom still hypothetically buried a series because the fans didn't blindly accept everything they did without criticism or question. They ignored the fans until it was convenient for them not to.

The backlash wouldn't quite be visible from orbit, but would still be fierce.

And you know, extreme or not, people are still invested in the series, which is a good thing. A complete lack of talk would be more worrying.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #68 on: September 22, 2012, 06:41:24 AM
Haha, this is soooo lame.

Archer

Reply #69 on: September 22, 2012, 06:49:28 AM

You took the words right out of my mind.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: September 22, 2012, 06:54:31 AM
You call yourselves fans, but you don’t give them a chance. You don’t give me a chance.

When your game BEGINS to have something that looks like decent gameplay we'll give it a chance.

I'm not gonna answer on Tumblr because I don't want to start anything, but seriously, people have to be blind to not see why fans have problems with this. Yeah, maybe some fans over do it, but like it's been said multiple times already, Capcom only brought this upon itself.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: September 22, 2012, 06:54:48 AM
He's doing a little bit of roleplaying and actual fan-ness if that makes sense
Huh I really don't know how to feel about that, and I don't think I quite understand what the term fan-ness means. While he does have a point I think the fan outrage is probably the only way for Capcom can actually understand what the fans are thinking since everything else fans have been doing in the past years clearly didn't work.  

I do understand that yeah some of it is quite harsh but Capcom kind of brought it on themselves with the lack of effort to try to patch things over with the fans or the fact that they really don't seem to know how to make a new idea work.  When I first heard about this game I thought it was possibly going to be another MMO RPG on iPhone the since it was advertised as a "Social RPG" but honestly other than the customization I don't see how it's a RPG.   It's also the fact that it's supposed to be the crossover that people have dreamed about but we're not seeing much of the crossover factor at all, I mean I love Tales of the World Radient mythology and this game doesn't even come close to that at all. It has about the same quality as a bad Newgrounds flash game and if I was in Capcom I'd be quite embarrassed for the fact that we are giving this to the consumer, 25th anniversary or otherwise, and really question my boss of why we are doing this.

And this guy is reacting to this solely because of a few comments and the YouTube dislike bar, I think the real WAMP-X wouldn't be such a drama king and would actually to try to redouble his efforts to prove himself worthy of the megaman name.  I mean for crying out loud he's a on the shelf model he has a lot to prove.  Speaking of which why would Light and Cossake make a on the shelf model, that in it self doesn't make sense to me.  And I don't like the fact that he looks exactly like X, it makes him look like a fancy prototype, but this is a tangent anyway.

The point is the fan outrage is quite harsh, but who wouldn't be mad about the fact that this game is supposed to be the game that is supposed to fill the hole of 2 or most likely 3 games.  I wish the fans would calm down and wait, that's what I'm doing but when a company doesn't try to listen to positive or negative views, if they ignore criticism and don't put the effort into improving future products if they want new fans but refuse to employ new ideas, how much is it the fans fault?  I don't think I'm entitled to a new game just yet, but I expect that a industry that is built on making people happy not to be reduced to only caring about them selves.  And the fact that it isn't just Megaman but a lot of other series that they're pissing off, just makes me wonder how blind that they became.  

I know that Capcom is not the only one guilty of this, Nintendo, Sega, and Namco have been getting a lot of flack too, but at least they try to improve themselves as much as they can.

Exactly how I feel about a dude who role plays outside of a role play.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: September 22, 2012, 06:56:03 AM
What the [tornado fang] is this and more importantly why was it not just posted in one of the two WAM-X topics?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: September 22, 2012, 06:57:19 AM
What the [tornado fang] is this and more importantly why was it not just posted in one of the two WAM-X topics?

A guy giving his opinion while RPing, and yeah, you should probably merge it.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #74 on: September 22, 2012, 06:58:08 AM
Personally, I feel that some people are adopting the "I'M ANGRY SO EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO BE ANGRY WHY AREN'T YOU ANGRY" mindset towards this. Personally, I'm indifferent; I'll wait and see what else comes of this before making a judgment.

After all, judging something based on incomplete data is doomed to failure from the start. Or at least, that's how I see it.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything