Guest · 77849

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #425 on: February 02, 2013, 04:12:35 PM
He didn't just say 'get over it', he said 'get the [tornado fang] over it'. Because it's boring watching you all campaign for a lost endeavor.
If I cared whether or not I was entertaining you, that might mean something.

And what are you, 10, that you're still impressed by people swearing on the internet?  I know, you hear grown-ups do that all the time, but they do it to vent, not because they think it'll make anyone listen to them.

For the record, Ruri, that's what I sound like when I'm laughing at people, as opposed to laughing at a piece of code, or at marketing & development strategies.  It would be helpful if you learned the difference.

Moving on:

Oh it's been a year and a half already, get the [tornado fang] over it.
We spent a decade "getting over it" before Capcom opened it up again.  After getting that close, a year and a half doesn't come anywhere NEAR the level of build-up that came before.  You can't say that about either Universe or XOver.  I'll [sonic slicer] about it for as long as I please.  That's what random people on the internet are supposed to be good at, anyway.

Do you think I give a damn how hopeless it is?  I don't.  Capcom could tell us that they put their only copy of all builds, source code, and resources from Legends 3 into an incinerator.  I still wouldn't care.  There was already damage done to the 3DS project that can never be undone (for instance, the fact that they would have to completely re-think their marketing and development strategies; bringing the Devroom back without adequate consumer confidence is extremely risky, and their unusually gutsy and insightful plan to target early adopters is out the window).  Do I want to see the 3DS game again?  Absolutely.  Do I believe that, ruling that out, Capcom should at LEAST re-brand the Legends 3 Prototype so as to remove any expectation of a retail follow-up and get it the [tornado fang] out there?  Totally. It'd go a lot further to mending relationships than throwing their name behind a fangame, and it'd be a lot easier for them to make some money off of it.

But even if that never happens, and I'm not so naive that I don't realize it probably will not, the fact that Capcom has no intention of touching the 3DS project again does not change my intention to take every opportunity to assert the fact that Legends 3 is still the kind of game that I want to see from Capcom, moving forward.  The entire Legends SERIES, is the kind of game I want to see from Capcom, moving forward.  If I didn't "get over" that in the last 13 [tornado fang]ing years, I'm not going to "get over it" now just because you said so.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:20 PM
Oh it's been a year and a half already, get the [tornado fang] over it.

Now you're doing it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #427 on: February 02, 2013, 10:13:15 PM
ya know, flame does have a point

as annoying as it can be to hear people go on and on about legends 3, it's equally annoying to hear you go on and on about getting over it. >0<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Archer

Reply #428 on: February 03, 2013, 02:16:37 AM
as annoying as it can be to hear people go on and on about legends 3, it's equally annoying to hear you go on and on about getting over it. >0<

I only say it because I have to see them go on about Legends 3 in the first place, its pretty pathetic at this point.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: February 03, 2013, 02:19:18 AM
I'm fine with it because the Legends 3 outcry and Capcom hate is way worse in other places.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Archer

Reply #430 on: February 03, 2013, 06:19:36 AM
I'm fine with it because the Legends 3 outcry and Capcom hate is way worse in other places.

I don't go to other places

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #431 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:00 AM
I only say it because I have to see them go on about Legends 3 in the first place, its pretty pathetic at this point.
you don't HAVE to see them do anything

by the same token, you don't HAVE to respond to it either.

especially considering that it's obvious that no matter how much you say to get over it it's not going to stick.

seriously, you telling them to get over it is even more pointless than their complaining >0<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Archer

Reply #432 on: February 03, 2013, 10:31:26 AM
seriously, you telling them to get over it is even more pointless than their complaining >0<

It isn't because my suggestion is actually a sensible course of action, unlike their whining.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: February 03, 2013, 10:36:41 AM
But you obiviously can't convince them.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #434 on: February 03, 2013, 10:53:57 AM
But you obiviously can't convince them.
This is my point.

Also it seems that (though in this particular instance it may not be the case) whining, as it were, can be successful. After all, one could call what Operation Rainfall did "whining" if one wanted to put it in that light. They saw everyone else complaining about the lack of those awesome RPGs on Wii, and did something about it. That was quite successful.

You telling people to get over it, on the other hand... will be met with far less success.

Zero success, actually.

So why bother?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #435 on: February 03, 2013, 11:07:31 AM
Isn't that how we got TatsuCap too?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #436 on: February 03, 2013, 11:12:08 AM
I believe so.

And Project X Zone as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: February 03, 2013, 11:14:28 AM
I think it's more because PXZ isn't really doing well in Japan.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #438 on: February 03, 2013, 11:15:22 AM
If it's not doing well in Japan, why would they waste more money on localization?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: February 03, 2013, 11:17:34 AM
Heck if I know.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: February 03, 2013, 04:55:40 PM
Personally, I don't mind people wanting Xover to get localized sooner than later. Why not? It's a piece of Mega Man gameplay. It might be bad, but even I'd be curious to play it. It's free after all.

At this point, it's just one more Mega Man game besides SFxMM to hold people over until the next game, if and when it ever comes. I'm going to hold out some hope for Legends 3 or another X game.

Oh right, and Project X Zone is getting localized, so I'll be all over that too.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:47 AM
My only real gripe with the game is it only being on the Ios platforms which means even if it were to be localized I can't even give it a try. I mean sure it doesn't look like anything amazing but I also felt that way about Battle Network when it first came out. I would love to at least give it a try before saying it's awful you know?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: February 04, 2013, 05:53:27 AM
--withdrawn--
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:25:59 AM by Reaperoid »

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: February 04, 2013, 07:06:49 AM
The problem here, is that you people are only listening for what you want to hear.

And your apparent refusal to listen to anything Hypershell has to say on that matter is perfectly fine?

And about this becoming a Legends topic, I'll bet that discussion of MML3 here would not have gone on quite as long if you and Ruri hadn't started with the "You have to get over it because we say you have to" [parasitic bomb].

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: February 04, 2013, 07:30:28 AM
Is there a point in going in circles if it's not leading anywhere?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:03 AM
[tornado fang]ing Christ.
Both sides of this "GET OVER IT" debate are annoying.

Legends 3 is dead, Capcom does not give a crap, they are the devil YADA YADA YADA You should get over it I'm right because you're wrong stop whining...

Stop it goddammit. STOP IT.

If I wanted to see something so retarded, I would go to Protodude's blog and look in the comments on some of his entries.

Granted, this is a message board. Yes. It's about Megaman, but is there seriously a need to constantly complain about or argue over exactly the kind of [parasitic bomb] that just happened in above posts?

No.

I'm really in no position to tell anybody what do and/or set any rules, but I strongly SUGGEST to rethink stuff through before complaining again about Capcom/current state of megaman/LEgends 3.

The same goes for people who go around saying "GET OVER IT WHY AREN'T YOU GETTING OVER IT".

Even if you'll never get over it, stop posting about it.
Even if they'll never get over it, you don't have to post about it.

Is it so hard?

I'm sure there are other more fascinating topics to talk about. Like:

"I wonder what kind of panties Iris wears?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: February 04, 2013, 07:40:43 AM

I'm sure there are other more fascinating topics to talk about. Like:

"I wonder what kind of panties Iris wears?"
She probably wears Zero's extra pair of briefs.  Yes I agree this is more interesting than the arguments.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: February 04, 2013, 07:45:02 AM

so yes, getting back to Xover before the thread collapses in on itself.

I recently found out via #20 that Alia, Misora, Luna, and Roll Caskett are in the game--sort of. There is no direct interaction between Luka and any of these ladies; Kalinka is implied to be communicating with them and relaying their info on to Luka (I think), but that's it.

As if it wasn't obvious enough that Xover is not a very good crossover...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: February 04, 2013, 07:48:53 AM
Is there anything on the Zx front yet, I forget.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: February 04, 2013, 08:01:10 AM
Not that I can tell, no.

Given that ZERO was one of two series not represented in that trailer (IIRC), I wonder if they'll have it be a separate world from ZX or if they'll try to combine the two.