The Great Gonzo · 775440

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2400 on: December 12, 2011, 04:33:58 AM
Cutsman always cracks me up, must be the hilarious grin. Also, with the whole continuity thing, may I remind you of Transformers: Kiss Players?  -u-'

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2401 on: December 12, 2011, 08:49:18 AM
Kiss Players

Ack. D:

Well, it's season-appropriate and if I don't submit it, it'll just sit on my hard drive, doing nothing. 'twas mostly just a comparison of forms.

Snowball fight in 3...2...

Failed old-Photoshop test.
Eye poison.

Dilemma: while perpetually-helmetless female RM designs sorta bug me, I just can't imagine Jumpgirl with a helmet. It's not because she never had one to begin with; Hologirl recently got a helmet (though IIRC that was so she wouldn't always look so much like Kalinka).

One day Jumpy's gonna crack her skull open on the ceiling.

[Have you been good?] There's three ghosts who would like to know right now.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2402 on: December 12, 2011, 09:48:59 PM
Zero would've been a FAR more horrifying as the Ghost of Christmas Future in his berserk state.  8D

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2403 on: December 23, 2011, 08:32:24 AM
True. XD

EYE POISON TIME

Badly-designed and named magical girls.
Some girl on a skateboard.
Skydancers.
Lara Croft.
Badly-drawn Cardcaptor Sakura.
"Ultra" Sailor Scouts.
Asuka Langley Soryu, drawn when I was oo young to even know what NGE was.
Rei.
Not Cream.

Posted on: December 14, 2011, 11:05:47 PM

Drawn a couple of days ago; not yet coloured (I want to wait and see if anyone at the TMMN oekaki wants to do that).

Rock, get away from your brother before he lands both of you in the hospital again.

...some anniversary.

2011 started off fine, but swiftly became a series of bitter disappointments and empty promises. Regardless, we're not going to give up on or forget Rock so easily.

Posted on: December 17, 2011, 07:17:39 AM

Submitted this to Pixiv first; like many things I upload there, it seemed to be ignored. :/

I'm sure Ocarina would like to convince Samba to give up on the whole "Megaman Killer" thing, but that's not happening any time soon.

Did sleep deprivation spawn this?

Rock can't copy Mechaniloid data, so this Cross is purely hypothetical...and good thing, too. Put some contacts in, Rock. D:

Posted on: December 18, 2011, 07:41:56 PM

The bottom half somehow became mostly older characters of mine (along with other people's dudes).

* My old ('04-'06) grimdark stuff was...bleagh. (Though I don't think anyone dressed like Roll)

* Can you tell which top-of-the-page doodles were made when I wasn't feeling all that great?

* I dunno if I realized back in '09 that Gustwoman's helmet resembles my helmetless Gutsman.

* I swear someone else gave Ringman dark blue hair before...

* Would Seraphwoman and the Pearl Knight get along, or would she decide that he's evil just because he works with Megaman? If I were Liz, I could answer that.

* I mentioned that Diman, Redman, and the non-Capcom MM9 guys weren't my first MM characters...and now that I wrote that bit next to Inspector Bridge and Wheel, I remembered that the Bombers came first, way back in middle school, and they're nowhere on this page. WHOOPS.

Inspector Bridge (first name started with a D...think it was "Damien") is a robot detective who mostly works with homicide cases (by his choice or not); he and Wheel (his support unit) got a major overhaul so that they wouldn't resemble Gil, Roslyn, or any of my black-haired helmetless RM designs (he and his Navi counterpart had black hair).

* Speaking of Navi counterparts, next up is Spectrum (Semaphore was created much more recently). The original Spectrum.EXE had a terrifyingly bad design, and could easily pass for an RM--so I made her an RM (sorta). Wound up borrowing Splashy's helmet shape.

As for Spectrum's back story...she and Semaphore control lights? /hasn't come up with anything decent yet

* New Age is, well, new. He's an associate of Duo's (as in, the two both work for the Intergalactic Police and occasionally grunt at each other) who, like Requiem, doesn't seem to have a real lower body.

* Kusaragi Keene, one of my few human MM characters, originally dressed more stripperiffic-y; she posed as an elementary school teacher, with her real job being "thief". Like Bridge, she had a Navi counterpart (why wasn't she a NetOp? No clue); Keene.EXE would brainwash other Navis into working at her cyber-library and trap other Navis in-between the shelves (not as books).

* Kate Ito (not to be confused with Kht'wrn's nickname), if that's her exact name, was an intrepid reporter (whose first bit of art was a lousy sprite edit). She probably didn't always have that giant cowlick on the back of her head.

* Finally got around to making Baroque less blatantly a pseudo-clone of Megaman (and giving him some design parallels with his buddy); Verismo's design didn't change much.

* Tremolo got more yellow and less random panels.

* Addolorato and Tenuto received a minor overhaul. (IIRC, Tenuto actually killed his "partner" at the end of that unwritten arc)

* I don't think I've ever uploaded any pictures of Anthem prior to this. He was a clone of Proto (based on Proto's Limited form, though without the loyalty to a Mother Brain wannabe), and...that's about all I can remember of his back-story.

Current Anthem probably left Wily after the real Proto pointed out that Wily wasn't likely to consider him as anything more than a copy.

* Unlike in Dark Woods Circus, Rock and Roll didn't suffer body horror; they're trying to investigate a very Dark Woods-like circus, most likely.

* Don't worry, Proto, you can have Rock back in a second. And then be glared at for continuing to insist that Rock is "yours".

Posted on: December 19, 2011, 04:49:47 AM

Five (soon to be four) days left!

Rock just wants to sleep in...

Posted on: December 21, 2011, 05:14:09 AM

Thinking of doing something else for the next page, like that comic; just can't think of what right now.

* I'd tried Castlevania-izing Batman's rogues gallery earlier this year, but wasn't happy with anyone but one of his allies (Batgirl). Then I saw some of Harley's Arkham City concept art and swiped it for her CV self. I'm horrible.

* Better hop to it, Proto.

* Tried redesigning Ghostman a bit. He's meant to be creepy, not...whatever that previous design was.

* This page nearly got taken over by Cross redesigns (most drastically Magic Cross; the previous one was a terrible, awkward mess); Crash and Pirate are new.

There's also some for Roll, even though canonically (fanonically?) she doesn't have the Cross system. Three of them are outfits from MMPU.

* Would've included NAdM-Rock there if I knew how (remove his helmet? NAdM-Roll is more easily identifiable...).

* Gemini's (not Geminiman's) purple hair was my own addition.

* Briefly considered having Ophiuchus be a legitimate Zodiac/Constellation Droid, but that'd require a total rewrite of her back story (doubt the ZCs would want anything more to do with Wily after what he did).

* Well, you never once threatened to stake him, Proto, so...

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2404 on: December 23, 2011, 08:13:08 PM
Knight cross really reminds me of a certain skylander there. Chop Chop the Undead was it?

Time Cross also uses the enemy copy robots of MMX7 as a base. And an apparently slow-thinking frostman leads to Teletraan-10 Frost Woman?

Can't blame Venus for being the planet named after a godess. And how long will the sheep reach maturity? I need their wool.. or are robot sheep REALLY that small? Not sure if Kirby approves of my presence. XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2405 on: December 31, 2011, 06:24:21 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure Kirby won't try to boot you off or anything. XD

Drawn 12/2; this was my Secret Santa gift for ~kaykayandkerri. Since I drew it so early (first one to do so, I think), I tried to make it look like the characters she'd suggested were starting the holidays off by getting a tree.

And now it's the 24th, so merry Christmas, everyone!

Posted on: December 24, 2011, 10:24:54 PM

No make-out sessions of dubious consent will occur, but Roll's still keeping an eye on them.

They're gonna be so hungover tomorrow...

(What would the robot equivalent of booze be? Antifreeze?)

Posted on: December 26, 2011, 08:03:14 AM

For my next break in felt pen doodling, I took some old characters of mine and redesigned them (though Radix mostly remained the same).

* Gonzo and Radix: Myselves. Radix has delusions of grandeur, Gonzo is dead weight.

* Jasmine: Supposed to be Radix's "rival", though how, I've long since forgotten.

* Osiris: His design was meant to be a combination of Sonic and NiGHTS style--but I couldn't find any art of him, so I drew him from memory.

* Blade: He had "Project Bane" written above his poorly-drawn head; present-day Blade may or may not be an actual experiment, but he claims he is either way.

* R-Type Robot Proto: His design didn't change much.

* Yin and Yang: From some terrible comic I tried drawing back in '05. Yin (male) is a nice kid, Yang (female) isn't.

* Selene: This character (along with Miyu and Haru) didn't actually have a name, so I gave her one based on the weapon she was holding. Presumably, all her powers relate to the moon.

* Karma: A.K.A. "Shinji Mercer" (urgh). Obnoxious white-haired vigilante; she was apparently my attempt at creating a Shyna-like character.

* Haru: Redesigned rather heavily; poor guy somehow ended up with the abusive, pessimism-is-realism Green Knights.

* Miyu: Also drastically made-over; I'm guessing she was supposed to be a water spirit (drawn after I learned about Belldandy, maybe?).

Took an old, mostly-unused notebook of mine and started off with a couple of 4-komas. (The joke in the second one would only really work if there was voice-acting...)

Couple of things.

Individual pics might've come out larger this time, as I was trying to finish this before New Year's.

* Lots of Lanterns, many of them suggested by ~lalalei2001. (Reasoning behind Star Sapphire Elecman being that he enjoys his work)

* I seriously used to think Teto was an actual Vocaloid...

* Apparently, Icees come in "plasma" in RS-MM-Land.

* Roll doesn't like her 80s-fabulous outfit.

* I guess Rainbow Brite/Wisp doesn't look THAT much like Roll, but next to Krys/Kris...

* For whatever reason, I imagine Megaman and Earthworm Jim wouldn't get along. Jim probably dropped one too many cows on Rock's head.

Test Suit version, to be exact; I got her at Mini-Hamacon and only just now got around to photographing her.

As much as I wanted to emulate some cool poses I saw via Google, I can't seem to get her legs to bend that way (one actually came off, but thankfully it's a ball-joint socket and I was able to put it back on). So instead of that, the second photo was based on the cover of my Wanna-Be's laserdisc (old wrestling OVA from the 80s; I can barely find any info on it anywhere).

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2406 on: December 31, 2011, 06:57:35 AM
Gonzo looks an awful lot like Gideon Graves there.. It could be just me.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2407 on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:49 PM
Gonzo looks an awful lot like Gideon Graves there.. It could be just me.

*looks up Gideon Graves* Maybe. :/

Something tells me Megaman wouldn't be able to get close enough to a Dalek to do this, but if Ace was able to hit one with a baseball bat...

Man, that Dalek is poorly-drawn. >.>

Posted on: December 31, 2011, 06:07:11 PM
FIRST ART OF 2012

Apparently, Proto enjoys getting hammered on the holidays instead of actually celebrating them.

["Wrung through the filter of my dreams"] Not MY dreams specifically.

Madotsuki could probably do this, being a master of space and all, but she didn't, and yet they still all caught body horror. At least it's restricted to wherever they are.

...I was more than a little sleep-deprived when I drew this.

Dream-derived; Kalinka had this hairstyle (though it looked more fitting of Yuna or Sera) and was angry at everyone, for some reason (IIRC it had nothing to do with her hair), especially poor Megaman.

Her hair has likely already trapped several low-flying birds.

Posted on: January 01, 2012, 08:42:36 AM

Armourless RM fight--would it last the same amount of time or not?

May or may not have been inspired by Archie-MM's MM2 arc; used the same colours as that game's stage select (plus an extra shade of blue) and a couple of other people's helmetless RM designs (Metal's was switched because I wanted to make him distinct from my helmetless RS-Metal). Rock got a portrait even though that wouldn't happen until MM3.

Airman gained a helmetless design (Arashi's. I occasionally just swipe an RM's Opeator's hairstyle), while Heatman still has that hair-obscuring hoodie. Maybe Woodman's hair looks like a plant if you squint...

Funtastic fact: I accidentally put both BG colours on the same layer and didn't notice because the portrait borders mostly prevented pixellized bleed-over--then I tried laying down the light blue speedline-things. Derp.

Inspired by some wet mane pony art. Megapony would really appreciate a hairdryer or towel right now.

Posted on: January 03, 2012, 02:53:05 AM

Tried some line art-free pixel stuff in Photoshop earlier. (Next time I'm making new layers for his face)

As cute as he looks, he's probably just looking for whoever got him up so he can blast 'em.

["No who you're thinking of" s]ounded like a better title than "Walking". (Whoops probably shouldn't drawn RS-Rock's other leg)

RS-Rock isn't sure if "lazy" sounds better than "[Bumpity-Boom!]".

Tried a different angle; did it work?

Oh Tango. :|

Posted on: January 08, 2012, 08:00:23 AM

After getting my ZERO-era Zero kit assembled, I drew some (what I hoped was) badass fem-Zero from one of the SNK vs. Capcom games, because I can't remember seeing any other badass fem-Zero art.

...whoops I forgot to completely shade her vest-thing.

...crap, I think Bad Box Art Megaman's arm might be too long. And his visor's missing.

Has anyone drawn something like this yet? I'd hate to say I was the first and then be proven very wrong.

Shame Universe never saw the light of day; it'd be nice to see these three interact (though I now suspect that there wouldn't have been any story mode or anything else requiring more than the minimum amount of effort that CoJ is willing to put forth). Universe-Mega (or just Mega)'s hair was based on MMPU Rock's (and Scott Pilgrim's, sorta; everyone said MMU's art style resembled SP's); BBA Mega's was just pulled out of my ass. Also, he inexplicably became "Not That Bad Box Art MM".

Individual doodles still seem to be larger than usual. :/

* Kirby didn't wear that outfit for long in that one Club Nintendo comic (like, just for the introductory panel, IIRC), and I dunno how long the detective angle really lasted. Still, there exists a Detective Kirby.

* Game-Roll's apparent dream is to build a hospital (I think it only came up in Rockboard and TvC), so it seemed fitting for Trainer Roll to have a Chansey. As for why future Trainer Rock has a Venonat...I like Venonat?

* So far, Mariachi the Wonder Hamster has only appeared in a gag strip ("Short Circuits", Archie calls it), and I dunno if he'll ever show up in the comic proper.

* It took me an embarrassingly long time to notice that Midnight Bliss'd ZERO-era Zero has similar bracelets and shoes to Ciel.

* Can you guess which of those G1 ponies is Roll?

* I think ~XCBDH's armoured Roll was one of the first I saw.

* So yeah, I dunno what Slider was doing in the pile of slag known as Angel Warrior Comics, other than ~suraida-chan being a member of the Bob and George forums, apparently.

* Would Rock be able to hold down a job as a nurse (or doctor) with his Chronic Hero Syndrome?

* Hey, human!Fluttershy has a proper armour design now. (Would that make her Robo-Fluttershy?)

* I think Misty's fear of bugs was exclusive to the anime, but then, it'd been ages since I played Pokemon Red (or GSC).

* I really like that "Fluttershy is trans" theory--and the idea of Rock slicing up transphobic assholes.

* That Megawoman and Fem-Bass doodle was actually the last one drawn on this page; I think it shows.

* Until now, I can't remember ever comic up with a Tango/Beat adaptor design that I was happy with. (Tango's was based off of Jet MM from MM6)

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2408 on: January 10, 2012, 12:17:54 AM
Fortunately, I DID come across fem-Zero being badass at Pixiv. I'll send it to ya via PM.

Also, if Tango Adapter's gonna claw the [tornado fang] outta [parasitic bomb], the claws should've been a longer.. unless they are energy claws, dunno.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2409 on: February 04, 2012, 11:41:53 AM
Yeah, I guess the claws should be longer. Maybe they're retractable?

Oops he became a Belmont.

Only semi-related to that prompt [that I posted on dA], since he's already existed in some form; at least now there exists proper art of him. Since he's a failed fifth General, maybe that whip isn't as impressive as it looks. (For one, it's bent out of shape...stop gripping it so hard, man)

Actual response to that prompt. Was originally a geisha-spider 'bot, then a geisha naga, then this.

Vinata (can't think of a proper MMZ boss name, so I just ganked one from the Mahabharata) might actually be an ally, despite her barely-MMZ-standard looks. She's terrified of the possibility of Weil finding her and stays hidden--or tried to; Zero unearthed her after some time.

The components of her tail can rotate; otherwise, those blades wouldn't be of much use, combat-wise.

Posted on: January 12, 2012, 12:43:54 AM
Five second doodle.
RUUUUN
Contains Classic Aile.

My .03 Micron pen's going, too (I switched to a blue one towards the bottom for writing). Dangit.

* Nastenka's look was strongly influenced by Akira Kazama from Rival Schools.

* Since So we've got Roll Prime and Universe-Roll, but no Bad Box Art Roll (I dunno if CoJ would've ever designed one in MMU didn't implode). I took one look at the search results for "80s suits for women" and knew what to put BBA-Roll in.

* I'd be lying if I said I didn't have *spikewible's Protomen designs in mind (though I did try to make mine distinct from his).

* Lumina's hair looks a bit like her helmet. :/ Assuming it IS a helmet. While IIRC I just picked "seafoam green" to contrast with the rest of her, it also makes her ties with Void (and Pierre, I guess) more apparent, which is much better than the last hairstyle I tried giving her (long and brown).

* All I know of Kayla.EXE is that she's antagonistic towards Kaitlin.EXE (and her name used to be KaitlinX/KX.EXE, so I'm guessing she's also related to Kaitlin in some manner).

* Proto's supposed to be poking Vamp!Rock, since the original dialogue I had in mind was meant to point out that he was still squishy and whatnot. Completely forgot about the sparkling.

* One of these days I'll Jewel Rider-ify ALL the mane six, unless I forget to. (I wish those Magic Armour toys got produced...)

* Those versions of Iris, Yuna, and Roll are part of an AU that will go nowhere. :/

* Vamp!Rock isn't even biting people in the right place.

* Lots of different helmetless Protos. Of course, when I looked for alternate designs, I could barely find any. As for Rock, that's less a hairstyle and more "I forgot to comb it".

* Zaiakuwoman's design takes some elements from Zaikuman v2, plus that incorrect colour scheme I gave him a couple years back. The tail was replaced with energy wings, so that she'd be less likely to set her hair on fire.

Based on the "We Are ROCKMEN" cover, with the addition of Roll/Gigawoman who's giving you the single-finger salute, Duo, and Bass who's impaled on one of Duo's shoulder spikes. Surprisingly for things I submit to Pixiv, it's done fairly well so far.

Why is Bass sulking like that? Because he's barely in the pic. That's what you get for...uh, RADIX running out of space.

Posted on: January 15, 2012, 08:45:39 PM

Either I'm really tired or I over-saturated this.

I wanted to practice using coloured pencils, since those pics of mine rarely look that impressive on paper. This one...also didn't look that great pre-fixing. As for the subject, I was looking through one of my folders when it occurred to me. (Shame I couldn't think of a better symbol for Roll)

Pixel art is so much easier in Photoshop. At least, this kind of pixel art.

Original plan was to put certain shades (mostly the darkest ones) on their own layer, then tint those separately. Then I liked how that turned out with the light reflected on Proto's shades and did the same to his entire longcoat (where most of the darkest shades were), so it's hard to tell what my original plan was. :/

Wonder what advice he's giving Megaman this time?

Posted on: January 16, 2012, 05:02:19 AM

"Dr. Wily doesn't stand a chance against the two of us!"

Trying something new; Rock isn't sure if he likes being leaned on.

Man, Hub's face took forever to make adequate...

Perspective fail? Roll won't want to lean on those thrusters for long (not that Duo would want to activate them with her on his back).

It was recently brought up that not many people try to put Duo to any use, and I think I know why: We haven't seen too much of him (his personality, at least), and he's not as easy to draw as, say, Megaman. Doesn't help that CoJ isn't likely to use him again (hey, CoJ--prove me wrong, dammit!).

I have to wonder if he had any plot significance in Rockman Strategy, or if he was like poor Fan--utterly superfluous.

Posted on: January 17, 2012, 01:22:49 AM

Drawn a couple of days ago (meaning I forgot to submit it). Attempted following a tutorial, gave up and did my own thing.

He's keeping an eye out for people who might want to bother his siblings.

Blank meme here: http://nozomi-sama.deviantart.com/art/259-Character-Age-Meme-Blank-196969123

I would've tried colouring it, but SAI's fill tool seems to have stopped working properly (or doesn't like Multiply layers). D:

Poor RS-Rock got submerged in a fountain of youth or something; thankfully, the effects don't last long, but it's still several days too long for his liking. Also, Proto's trying to take care of him. Proto barely has any idea how kids work.

Old badly-drawn MM.
Cartoony things.

Posted on: January 21, 2012, 06:21:33 PM
Hurf.

Gaia/Terra-Prime REALLY doesn't like anyone implying that Sungod tortured him into loyalty. Even though it's true...

That doesn't make fem-Gaia/Terra any less of an [dark hold].

PUT YOUR SHADES BACK ON, PROTO

I MEAN GAAAAH

Too much time spent on 1d4chan resulted in a desire to make RS-Proto a spees mahreen (despite the bad reputation post-heresy spees mahreens apparently have, and my inability to draw guns). Settled on the Blood Angels, since Proto would probably enjoy working with them.

...waaaay too much. Rock probably spends most of his time trying to talk Proto out of it before he tries to bum-rush a Tyranid or something.

Armour was heavily based off an image of a post-heresy (a.k.a. Warhammer 40K 5th edition...I think) Blood Angel. Durr how do i designed.

Posted on: January 24, 2012, 03:12:21 AM

Drawn last Wednesday while at my sisters' violin practice, using some markers there. Our friend who works there/owns the violin shop (shamefully, I'm not sure if it's her or my sisters' teacher) was very impressed with how I used those.

Posted on: January 31, 2012, 01:54:32 AM

While I don't think Zero would be angry at Iris or Rock for hooking up, things would still be uneasy between the three of 'em. Iris tried to kill Zero, who killed her brother (out of necessity, but still), and now she's hanging with Zero's enemy-turned-coworker.

Something tells me that Colonel being revived* wouldn't help matters.

Since the only black .03 Micron pen I have is running out of ink, I tried using blue Microns instead.

* In my fanon, Iris doesn't die, but would have if she weren't modified; perhaps Colonel would take longer to bring back on account of having actually died, or at least no longer having a physical body.

For some reason, this feels like it took longer to complete than it did.

* BBA-Megaman was drawn BEFORE he was announced for SFxT.

* That vest of Roll's sure is 90s. Or early 00s.

* Unlike Rock, Vampire(?) Ran is a proper vampire--and evil. Oops.

* I think Bad Future!RS-Rock (not the same bad future as in Future Shock) would be incredibly paranoid. And badly-dressed.

* Originally was just going to leave it at Kyoko and Matias, then added Mami and Omar. Don't worry, Omar doesn't really have anything in common with Mami. (Though neither will Matias, after Kyoko finds out that he and his buddies are working with the Devil)

* Those versions of Megaman, Protoman, and Roll were meant to be "dream avatars" of sorts, and were inspired by some characters created by Gekidan InuCurry. (The rest of the avatars would look more like Puella Magi-witches and whatever other horrors that group has worked on)

* There did exist a sprite of Liz.EXE...but the image was broken, so I have no idea what she looked like, and so went off her Legends counterpart.

* I swear, Hikaru's sprite (Kidou Tenshi Angelis Layer for the GBA) is in the exact same pose as Megaman.EXE's. Did the same team members work on those games?

* RS-Rock would be VERY out-of-place in Mortal Kombat-land.

* Of all my Navi designs--at least, the ones I remember posting--I think only Violin's and Shortman's (not pictured) are still decent.

Posted on: February 02, 2012, 02:05:18 AM

Except they all identify as male...in other words, lame title is lame.

If only OSS weren't a barely-modified port; then maybe something like this would've happened. Roll Soul Megaman.EXE and (unused) Lyra Noise Subaru actually don't look that bad next to each other, at least to me.

Roll Cross Megaman was added towards the end, in order to fill space. He looks so happy to be a space-filler!

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2410 on: February 05, 2012, 04:43:36 AM

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2411 on: February 12, 2012, 01:21:26 AM
I will, when I can think of something to draw. :)

Feels like I forgot how to draw normal standing poses...and like RS-X is unusually short.

A proper height chart would have numbers; this is just a bunch of estimates. (Rock and X sharing a non-chart doesn't mean I suddenly think they're the same 'bot; I just ran out of steam before I could include Trigger and the like)

Posted on: February 08, 2012, 05:11:45 AM

Based on the Laserdisc/VHS(?)/DVD covers for Sailor Moon S. I'm not sure if I always wanted to emulate the shading on those, and it turned out to not be as easy as it looked.

Blues may not be a sailor, but she's got her sister's back among other things.

Posted on: February 09, 2012, 06:56:00 AM

One of my sisters, ~ProfessorReimu, was nice enough to let me borrow her Madoka for the night. I immediately grabbed the camera.

We both have a hard time getting Madoka's other two faces on all the way. :/ Hopefully, that's not too evident in the first photo.

Posted on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:11 AM
Swan.
Lying in bed.
Oh, vampire-Rock.

Blues Grenada just can't spit it out, so in true five-year-old-dumbass fashion, he just teases the hell out of Rock instead.

Ye Gods, Colonel is such a pain to draw. Good thing he's dead and not in this pic and wait.

On the left, we have Iris, Rock, and their son Arco; on the right/middle, we have *KaitlinEXE's Kaitlin, Ark, Vicky, and Kaitlin's husband(?) Colonel. Who I think stayed dead in her fanon. I'm not sure whether or not to revive him, myself; the whole thing would probably end in tears.

* I don't know if Vicky and Ark were born/created before or after Colonel bit it.

* Yeah, that IS Iris.

So I have these old markers, probably about nine or more years old. They still work (well, most of them), and I wanted to use them. They got used on this.

I like the idea of Rock temporarily being Kirby's house 'bot; this is one of the things they did on Popstar. (Don't ask me what that thing IS. I have no idea)

Whoops forgot to submit this.

X looks all tough now, but wait until they run into a spider.

Posted on: February 11, 2012, 09:41:23 AM

Having multiple versions of a character (or two) in the same pic is more fun when they're so varied.

From left to right, we've got Ariga, .EXE, game/prime Rock, RS, game-X, biometal X, Universe, Copy, Bad Box Art, game-Trigger, beta .EXE, cyber elf X, Captain N Mega, and Bad Box Art Trigger (from "Adventure to Save the Planet").

* Ariga-Rock's attire is from parts of the Battle and Chase story (Gigamix 1).

* Don't feel so awkward, RS-Rock; according to some fanons (and maybe Joe Ruby himself), you're not that much older than prime-Rock.

* I'd like to think that all Trigger did to get on BBAMM's bad side was forget that a ruin they explored was full of Shoebafun.

* I need to overhaul what I did with beta-Megaman.EXE up there (and his pal Bugman, maybe).

...Wonder if anyone else wants to draw something like this. Unfortunately, that would involve Captain N versions of the subject (unless you went with "what if [name] became Quint?").

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2412 on: February 12, 2012, 02:01:55 AM
Shoebafun? Ouch. That stuff's never fun. In fact, it might just be the perfect excuse for one of my OC's character seperation into two beings.

If you'll do that, Capt' N's variants of other heroes will more than likely annoy the [tornado fang] out of their source characters.. Pit and the Belmonts for example here:

Source Pit: "For the last time.. PLEASE SHUT UP!"

Capt' N "Kid Icarus": "Well, I can't. They wrote me this way... Icarus."

Meanwhile all the other belmonts (maybe Drac himself) mercilessly mock the fool of the Capt' N Belmont, who shall only go by that name.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2413 on: February 13, 2012, 11:10:34 AM
Heh. XD (Maybe Captain N's Simon was actually Simon IV or something?)

Rock would be safe from Kyuubey. I hope.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica's style wasn't that hard to imitate (or so I think?).

Well, all three of them can use various powers and have names starting with M (or two of them do, depending on if you call him Rockman or not). And two of them have a long line of platforming titles...

Yeah, Madotsuki's mostly there to scare the Koopas away.

Sonic, don't poke your evil counterpart.

I imagine that a humanized Darkie would be Fan Disservice incarnate. Yeah, he's all hot and well-built...and then he does all those horrible things, and you realize he's the creeper to end all creepers, and just like that, your boner is wilted.

also, his clothes and armour are made of Black Emerald goop.

"I already took back that Edward comment. Do I have to get the whole chain of garlic?"

'twas meant to be chibi-ish, but it's only apparent with Rock. Boo.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2414 on: February 13, 2012, 03:54:59 PM
Considering he's a robo-vampire, there would be certain immunities.. And He just freshly bit proto in the arm, so it would take an estimated 10 seconds for him to turn into a vampire minion (Who's he Head-HEAD vampire here again? The one who bit rock and the vampire that bit the head vampire? I don't know how the system works anymore in terms of ranking.)

Rock-Arrimer would be a sweet idea, though.

The Puella buster looks like it's missing a hand, so it kinda looks akward as it still retains the shape.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2415 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:15 PM
Head vampire was probably Shademan. Or that Dracu-bot.

The Puella buster looks like it's missing a hand, so it kinda looks akward as it still retains the shape.

Yeah, gotta make the nozzle longer or something next time. :/

This is all I've got for Valentines' Day? Man.

Quit squirming, Rock; she won't bite.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2416 on: February 14, 2012, 10:28:49 PM
Yeah, gotta make the nozzle longer or something next time. :/

Yeah, the buster is one of the NOT artist-friendly things when it comes to drawing Mega Man relaited things. I tried drawing Zero's X3-Onward buster once.  -u-'

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2417 on: February 18, 2012, 03:32:53 PM
Don't think I've ever tried drawing Zero's buster(s)...

I have a new Micron .03 pen.

* I'm iffy on Holo.EXE being Roll's "reverse" form, as it means she won't be her own character.

* While human!Spyro might have a (purple, faux-scaly) leather jacket, I think I draw too many leather jackets already... Those wings on his flamethrower-fuel tanks could expand whenever he glides.

* Is Spotter-Trigger's hat actually on his head?

* Damask (and his blonde friend) come from this concept I tossed around for a bit. Plant people like him are but one of many races on his planet, but unlike everyone else, his village insists on remaining of the "hidden elf" variety. The place gets sacked after Damask declines an offer to pray with some of his fellows.

* I imagine that Classic Volt (not to be confused with Voltman) would have a better design...

* Apparently, Katana lost the ponytail.

* I swear that someone's drawn Roll in that outfit before.

* Gave Brain Bot his round glasses back.

* I'm guessing that either Jazz didn't fit Sparkschip's criteria for "disgusting and selfish liar", or she overcame her distrust of men at some point. If the former, then...sorry, Rock.

* G1 Blackarachnia's toy was never produced, IIRC.

* I know absolutely nothing about Viola Fumiko.  Well, except that she's an MMX fan character.

* That "W-Tank" does actually exist--it's part of Reggae's effect in Rockboard. (At least, I assume it's a tank) It would probably taste very bitter to Megaman, at best.

Posted on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:07 PM

So late one night or early one morning, I was sleep-deprived and decided to scribble something in Photoshop, which I normally dislike doing because I can't really adjust the brushes (I have Elements 7.0). Also, I had heavily-filtered Photoshop pics in mind.

I'm sure Megaman won't be so lethargic after he looks behind him.

More filter abuse; this one started out as an attempt at those fancy Photoshop filter background things that I liked making in '05-'07. It just looked like Rock (who was added later so I'd have an excuse to keep this) took a wrong turn in Madotsuki's subconscious/space.

Madotsuki would have waaay too much fun as a Boo, I'd imagine--until she finds out the hard way that she can be foiled with a mere flashlight.

And hey, this is the same format as the last pic with these three. Maybe I'll draw more power-up stuff like this--or maybe I'll admit that I tend to draw certain things over and over.

Yeah, I think I've lost my mind. (Also, drawn whilst I was tired, so it looks like Rock-Prime removed his pelvis before trying to get RS-Rock to kiss him [not gonna happen]. Uh, maybe he's not actually sitting on RS-Rock.)

Why RS-Rock? He was probably the nicest/squishiest alternate MM who was also nearby.

I recently learned that, contrary to my belief, Classic Kaitlin and X-era Kaitlin aren't the same 'bot. There goes my brain. I'm sure that wouldn't have happened if I had been paying attention years ago.

Bet Megaman ran up to Kaitlin X and was all "You're still around too! Yay!", and after many copy-pasted panels of utter silence, Kaitlin X points him towards the other Kaitlin. Much confusion is had.

...maybe Kaitlin X is a clone of Kaitlin Light? (I'm sure *KaitlinEXE will correct me)

Line art from that "Static-y" pic, which I decided to save separately.

[D]espite the cue taken from RS-MM (only one of Vile's eyes ever glowed ominously, and I made the leap of logic to "the other eye no longer exists in a usable form), this is Vile-Prime. Tried to reference a pic of ~JayAxer's, but that man is the god of detail and I am not.

Also, hairstyle was semi-lifted from a concept of Glyde's, who was actually Vile in the early(?) stages of Misadventures of Tron Bonne's development.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2418 on: February 18, 2012, 03:50:27 PM
In response to filter abuse No. 1:

"Chapter 1: A Hero is Born!"

It's also not very easy to have an X counterpart. That's what happened with Gaia and X2. :P

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2419 on: March 11, 2012, 09:19:26 PM
Half-assed sketch.
Mer-Proto.

I've been visiting AnimeXX lately, and one artist there (ajeka3) has some RS-Proto/Roll interaction in her gallery, which I don't see (or draw) a lot of.

Admittedly, I'm not sure what those two would talk about, other than Rock (staying away from him/convincing Roll that he's not about to take Rock away). So here's Roll somehow removing Proto's shades and scarf and living.

Posted on: February 23, 2012, 05:03:38 AM

Sometimes, filling these pages up is less "thinking of what to draw" and more "solving some demonic puzzle".

* Used some of my other felt pens in places (mostly when I needed lots of blue, red, and yellow; those latter two pens in my main set are going kaput as well).

* Reporter Proto was inspired by Reporter Tron. He might seriously need those glasses, disguise or no.

* That sketch of Maverick Kaitlin (drawn by ~samusmmx) was in black and white; the colour scheme she ended up with here is reminiscent of Kaitlin X's old design.

* IIRC, Ariga-Ranay was spending too much time around Wily's 'bots and not enough time allying with Wily himself, and got reprogrammed.

* Speaking of whom, I'd like to think that Legends-Ranay would just be a normal Spotter. (Incidentally, *AndrewDickman's Legends-Top is probably my favourite of his old Classic-->Legends conversions)

* Attempted to redesign Roll's outfit; later gave Jacoline and Kalinka similarly 80s-tastic outfits.

* *SoniaGrimm and I were talking about things to RP, and "fanon RS-Auto trying to drag Rock to a strip club (with Proto teaming up with Auto)" was one of those things.

* ~scarlet1100101's Maverick Hunter Roll is literally the first "Roll X" I've seen that was based on her RS self (she was running around in the game continuity).

* That's Areal.EXE's upgraded form, which looks vastly different from her previous one. (I dunno if Heles has a dA)

* Rock's Sonic hoodie was inspired by a pic that I'm not sure was meant to be human!Sonic or just a kid wearing a Sonic hoodie.

* Designing RS-X-era armour for those three is a lot harder when only one of your examples is vastly different from his game self.

* Hoihoi-san might look cute, Rock, but you gotta sweep up those bug carcasses yourself.

* You seem rather off-model there, Cheetor. (Also: those "mohawk" bits on the helmet--coincidence, or am I just seeing things?)

Didn't bother reposting my Valentines contest entry here because I figured that would be redundant, what with all the entries being viewable via that topic.

Posted on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:26 PM

Drawn a day or two ago when I wasn't at my best; hopefully it's not too apparent.

Human Spyro says hi.

(There does exist art of Samus's arm cannon transformed into an arm; I think it's from a Japanese guide for Metroid NES)

They all look so happy! (Well, Rock and Kirby do.)

Posted on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:45 PM

Drawn 2/27.

Varia.EXE (designed by *tabby-kitsune) and Kirby.EXE will mess you up. Mega.EXE just got dragged along.

Oh man I'll bet Sonic's anatomy is all kinds of wrong.

I've toyed with the concept of the NFF having "formal wear"; while I've got nothing for the rest of them yet (don't want to re-use that green jacket/shirt I gave Tails once, 'cuz that was regular Tails and not AU female Tails), Sonic's has always been (IIRC) a red jacket. Now it's a red longcoat (and much better than what AU-Sonic used to wear--basically Evil Sonic's outfit minus the shades). Might not be very conductive to running, but it does look very impressive flapping in the breeze as he boasts about all the Badniks he'll smash to bits.

There's supposed to be another layer of jacket underneath those cuffs, but I don't think it reads like that. :/

(That was supposed to be a plaid shirt that little!Rock is wearing, but I couldn't make it look acceptably plaid)

One of them's cute, the other's not. As kids, that doesn't matter, except when Proto tries to fight you like he still weighs 90 kg.

Posted on: March 06, 2012, 03:49:28 AM

(Probably not what the song ["Bad Romance"] was about)

It's been ages since I toned anything (mostly because I lost the textures. Also, tones come from here: http://fav.me/d2hl2lb ); though not since I drew anything dream-based. This has to do with a very one-sided crossover ship: Gamzee Makara/RS-Proto.

...Doesn't look like that much of a ship from this pic.

(NOTE: Not everything that occurs below actually happened in that dream, as the only identifiable trolls [that were all human or, in one case, robot] were Gamzee and Eridan)

The Light siblings are invited over to some party that Eridan is apparently throwing, in his big fancy house; Roll is friends with Kanaya, see. So far it's not really a "party", because everyone's just sort of hanging around.

Proto, who practically had to be dragged there, sits down next to some Juggalo with the intent of doing a lot of nothing until everyone's sent home. Said Juggalo is Gamzee, who's more than happy to strike up a conversation with the redhead; it's not long before he takes a liking to Proto.

Meanwhile, Rock is all pissy because someone's taking up all of his real bro brother's attention.

A few hours later, the power goes out.

Not a problem; there's plenty of flashlights to go around. Only problem is, Gamzee and a couple of other party-goers are no longer in the living room. With the storm outside being a particularly bad one, Rock and Proto offer to go look for them.

And, well, it doesn't take them long to find Equius.

He's been stabbed several times, all in vital areas, and strangled--clearly by someone else. Now afraid that there's a murderer loose in the house, and that the outage might not be due to a fried power pole, Proto sends Rock back into the living room and goes on to look for the culprit himself. He hears a very distressing "snap", and checks the room it may have come from.

He hadn't suspected that stoner he'd talked with earlier...but there Gamzee was, Vriska's broken neck under his arm.

"Hey, man, no worries," he tells Proto, seemingly oblivious to the horrified expression on his face. "We can leave after everyone else is dead."

--

* Yeah, that IS Vriska in that second panel.

* Tara's informed me that none of the above clashes with Gamzee's characterization. Which is good, because nothing ruins an unusual pairing like OOC. (Though I should note that Gamzee sobered up some time before all this and was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to commence with the "miracles")

Posted on: March 10, 2012, 02:14:29 AM

This was actually the third page in that notepad I do my felt pen doodling in; I meant to finish it last year, but never got around to it. Oops.

Most of the info's already on the pic.

Finishing this took longer than it should have.

* BBA-Kaitlin wasn't referenced off anything, IIRC; I just gave her an 80s headband and jumpsuit (or maybe it's a bathing suit).

* Oh man, those Strand Magazine predictions of future fashions were hilarious. XD

* For some reason, I always see RS-Megacat as a kitten; ~lalalei2001 suggested that it's because he's more naive than Proto (who gets drawn as a full-grown cat).

* All of those Sailors were created in the second version of ~dolldivine and Drachea Rannak's Sailor Senshi Maker. (Sailor Kalliope's hair is supposed to be darker, but none of my pens were the right shade)

* Yeah, there's a Megaman Poker game available (if you live in Japan). Mega's pose there is very similar to his in-game one.

* Wish I knew more about Sandra (and Mily) besides "has the same sibling problems as Rock (minus the whole robo-incest-tension thing)".

* Serpah is probably angry about Zaikau. Or Rock. Or both (though I'd imagine one could tell that "Rock" is unusually not-squishy).

* That thing that all the fairies are hovering around? I, uh, might've bled on the page (got scratched with something that had poison ivy on it, I think). Whoops.

* All I really know about Combatron is that I can't read it.

* Whatever similarities I see in RS-Roll's and Dot Matrix's designs are probably superficial at best.

* All the 'bots in Hoihoi-san are named after real-life bug-killing devices and sprays (I think); Raid-san (who is male) is no different.

* I'd think that RS-Proto's "formal wear" would be a very hastily thrown-on suit at best.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2420 on: March 11, 2012, 11:02:40 PM
UGH, I hate it when blood gets on paper, VERY annoying to get off.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2421 on: April 24, 2012, 10:52:48 PM
I don't think I had anything on hand to even try removing it.

Careful what you strive for, Zaia.

So Roll's had enough of Zaia and his desire to take Rock's life in both sense of the word(?), and comes up with a plan: she says Zaia can have it (in the sense that Rock doesn't die).

Rock mostly works around the house when he's not out helping people. Zaia would rather tear people to shreds, so he's stuck vacuuming every square inch of carpet. While Rock doesn't mind this (the vacuuming, not Zaia being so close by), Zaia seems to have mentally blue-screened.

...or something. I'm sure Liz will correct me on anything I got wrong.

Vaguely sleep-deprived doodle thing that I found amusing. Didn't know what sort of clothes Zaia would wear (if he ever bothered removing his armour at all), so I just went with "garage sale". Or "goth reject". At any rate, Rock wouldn't be caught dead wearing that. (That spike wristband probably has actual spikes on it, so Zaia must jab himself at least three times a day)

'Twas browsing dA for "silhouette mirage" last night and came across the unnamed character to the right ( http://fav.me/dwxncf ) who belongs to ~Huyo-Miaka. Didn't take me too long to realize that Nameless Lady might not make a bad "player 2" to Shyna's "player 1". (I've already used the word "player" too much)

Drew them both as closely to the game's style as I could get (mostly because I didn't feel like drawing them "normally"); Shyna kept her earrings from the advert/certain official art(?).

Nameless Lady may not have wings on her pimp hat, but those floating emoticons above her head are surely just as useful.

Posted on: March 15, 2012, 12:10:33 PM

Rock, please refrain for putting on Proto's scarf while he's still wearing it.

You may have remembered a couple of pics where I moaned about how I couldn't experiment with older Photoshops. And for a while, it looked like this attempt would go nowhere as well--my Win98 can't read DVDs and my XP is fubared (and even if it wasn't stuck in an infinite loop, the CD/DVD drive didn't work). But I would not be beaten this time.

After Mom checked my XP (still doesn't work), we tried one of the laptops. Photoshop 3.0 was successfully installed (only 1 kB HOLY [parasitic bomb]) thanks to Mom's help, and soon I was able to get to work...

though not before I went back and saved the original .PNG as a .PSD, 'cuz Photoshop 3.0 won't open .PNGs. (After I finished this, I saved it as a .PNG on my Vista)

Coloured entirely with a mouse, which is why I want to get one of my tablets installed on the laptop next time, and with only sparing use of the fill tool (which works differently in this version. Oh, and no transparent gradients, either).

Should note that the laptop apparently has a brighter monitor than my computer's, and so the colours ended up being darker than I intended.

Posted on: March 16, 2012, 06:38:58 AM

["Robot Conga Line"] Don't mind the lone human.

Oh airbrush tool, how I missed you. (In retrospect, I could've picked a better background...) This pic wasn't drawn solely to test that out, though; I just wanted to draw another group shot. It would've been longer, but then I inked Quint before I drew the person behind him, then I couldn't think of who else to add, then I decided that Quint made a nice bookend to the line (what with Rock being in front).

The lady in-between Proto and Roll is Quakewoman, who'll presumably make her debut in Archie-MM #13 alongside her creator(?), Dr. Lalinde. I have no idea what kind of personality she'll have, but for some reason I think she'd enjoy teasing Proto a bit (badass loner and all).

(BTW, I think "Quake" in this context might mean "shakes things up", not "causes earthquakes")

Dub probably wanted to be in front so that he could actually see.

Posted on: March 17, 2012, 10:03:25 AM

Hurf.

* It actually took me a while to realize how much Wand-of-Gamelon-Zelda's "alt. attire" resembles her cartoon self.

* Rock, that is highly inadvisable.

* Proto, that flute is set too high (and my attempt at covering that up is pathetic).

* That backpack probably contains Rock's armour and several E-Tanks; good thing his spine is (likely) made of titanium.

* Mace is saying "Hello" in Twilight-Princess-era Hylian--or maybe it's just a string of random letters.

* Shruuti and Raini are old LoZ characters of mine; I think they were exclusive to a fan-made entry of mine. They're both unhelpful pissants.

* This version of Super Saiyan 5 is from Dragon Ball AF (I think it was Toyble that designed it?); I like the design, but at the same time, one has to wonder if Goku's hair has become a separate entity just as capable of taking down physical gods as its owner. (Uh, Rock, might want to stop trying to hide in it...)

* I managed to get the direction of Quakewoman's jewel right before we got a larger image of #15. :/

* I doubt Arco and Fei could exist in the same continuity (especially since Fei isn't my character), but hopefully they'd get along.

* There does exist a fic where RS-Proto, RS-Roll, game-Zero, Mega.EXE, and Proto.EXE riff on the Dragon Ball manga...or something. I can't read it, for it's in German. (Apparently RS-Rock, Copy X, X-era-game-X, and Axl are in there somewhere, but I mostly saw art of the first group)

* DBZ-Roll would, after the whole Buu debacle, scour the planet looking for anyone else who would like to blow it up. Kabu's version of Goku's mom is not one of them; she was just drawn next to Roll.

* Decided to go with the uneven sleeves on god-tier Rock in order to make his costume more distinct.

* I need a better outfit for future AU-Tails. :/

* I think the version of Roc's Cape seen in Oracle of Seasons was meant to be yellow and red (blegh).

Posted on: March 23, 2012, 03:19:59 AM

Guess who ripped through (roughly) the Midnight Crew intermission all the to the latest update of Homestuck within a few days?

("Insufferable prick" would fit RS-Proto better, unless you rely too heavily on game logic when calling game-Proto one)

I think that, so far, I'm the only person drawing fan art of Quakewoman/Tempo. (There'll be an interview in next month's Nintendo Power featuring art of her drill arm and casual outfit, which I hope isn't just a copy of Rock or Roll's clothes. I only bring this up because I read about this on TMMN while working on the pic)

'twas using ~o0Katriana0o's Copic-based palette, available here: [link] As for Tempo's outfit, I guess I was going for something vaguely 60s-ish; hopefully it compliments Rock's attire.

Posted on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:00 AM

Seems that the bottom half of this page got taken over by alternate Zeldas and Links.

* Yumaii there might look like she's currently in Super mode, but in reality I made her the wrong shade of blond. >.>

* Bulgeta comes from some terrible old art of mine that wasn't reposted here from Dragon Ball Arena (and I probably butchered the Italian on it, too--DBA is an Italian site). On the subject of fusions, Bulgeta primarily has Vegeta's mindset despite resembling Bulma more (if that makes any sense), and therefore identifies as male; performing the Fusion Dance would probably result in the opposite.

* While I wasn't all that interested in making a fan troll (there's already over a dozen of existing trolls); to be honest, I'm not sure if I can write the canon trolls properly. Thus, Krittika Pleiade. She was almost literally ripped out of her own universe by a panicked New Age--as if the issues she has with Earth cultures aren't enough.

* For some reason, I can't see Wily!RS-Rock being all that evil. Must be all the (fanon?) squishiness.

* There was a period in '02/'03 when I drew Peach in that white shirt (or A white shirt).

* I don't think Rock would mind looking after those slime-clone babies.

* There was more than one A Link to the Past novel, I think; one of them gave Zelda a design (possibly based off her in-game sprites) that I like quite a bit, despite how difficult it is to draw on-model.

* And next to her is a Link designed by a DnD fan who only took a cursory glance at someone else's play-through of LoZ after they had acquired the blue ring/tunic. (Not that I'm complaining--after all, if Captain N Megaman doesn't bother me that much...)

* That's the Great Fairy Sword that my OoX/CD-i hybrid Zelda's wielding.

* Roll's pop idol outfit is an official design, unlike Heavy Metal Roll behind her.

Posted on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:04 PM

Well, already drew Twi as a Jewel Rider; why not design outfits/armours for the other five?

Took cues from the canon Jewel Riders (season 1 outfits), with some hopefully original deviations (ex: most of Rarity's outfit).

Really wish my Tamara figure was still in one piece...

Posted on: April 04, 2012, 11:03:54 PM

...I should consider finding a Photoshop 3.0-capable computer with a dimmer monitor.

Rock and Tempo (Quakewoman)'s official Archie-continuity outfits--sort of; I guessed on Tempo's colour scheme. (Normally I wouldn't draw casual Rock with his stomping boots, but since that's what Archie did...)

It's probably just me, but Tempo seems a bit similar to my version of Megawoman: aloof and/or pissy, long brown hair, and wearing a skirt (albeit Tempo's armour lacks one).

Posted on: April 06, 2012, 02:26:58 AM
Shaky lines in MS Paint.

Brought on my looking through =PurpleTriforce's gallery, I think. Drew this earlier today; not sure how well it turned out. :/

Posted on: April 07, 2012, 02:30:07 AM

I've been spending most of my time on these, I think.

* Classic Megatroll, Troll-Roll, and Prototroll kept their RS counterparts' horn shapes (RS-Troll-Roll wasn't uploaded); Quaketroll is completely new.

* Modified RS-Proto's Blood Angel armour a bit.

* Jova did have a written back-story, but that deviation appears to be in storage, so I can't look it up. :/

* I wondered if Zaia would be a Child of the Emperor (they're Slaanesh's followers, right?) just to mess with Rock, but that comes with some nasty long-term side effects, IIRC.

* I think that dream-based Zelda actually had long sleeves...whoops.

* For some reason, I imagine Dr. Ramano would have lots of fun messing with Dr. Lalinde. The former brainwashed the latter's love interest, after all.

* Hey, there's Megamagic Zaia again.

* I'd say that some of the unused designs for SFxT Mega and Roll would be less base-breakingly offensive than the final ones, but seeing some of the reactions to them... (Well, maybe it's just the purists I'm thinking of)

* It took me way too long to notice that my helmetless Classic Bass's hairstyle was way too similar to RS-Proto's.

Posted on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:31 PM

Megamagic Rock and human!G1 Twilight? Eh.

Megawoman prefers her dimension's version of Roll. Then again, it's not that difficult to annoy her.

Roll-Prime, on the other hand, somehow got her to remove her hoodie.

Rather odd seeing Iris Megawoman without her headphone-things. Oh, and there's an outfit switch in here somewhere.

Tried a new angle.

The Rocks from Earths UNI, RS, Prime, and 87, along with one of the unused SFxT Megamen whose Earth doesn't have a designation yet. (Maybe it's just 'cuz I have RS-MM perpetually on mind, but he reminds me of RS-Rock. Mostly because of that torso armour)

Posted on: April 16, 2012, 12:12:41 AM

Have several microns, will experiment. And hope you didn't flub the details.

All three characters (two Gens, one not) belong to :imagni:. (Well, Sky/Blue Intelligence might be co-owned by one of her pals. Speaking of whom, I have absolutely no idea what her new design looks like, so anachronism alert)

CLAMP-inspired(?) sketch.
Test.
Lady and woman.

Careful, DS; Wii's arms can swing much faster than you can duck.

"Hey, you're the one eating all the plasma cakes."

"Robots can't gain weight."

...seriously, look at Rock's armour. He wouldn't be able to fit into it if he got even a decimal point heavier.

And he really doesn't look like he gained weight. Quit being an [dark hold], Proto.

Posted on: April 17, 2012, 07:21:07 AM

Yep.

* Recently acquired a Kotobikuya Saber model kit (and managed to break one of her shoulder joints...).

* Rikako's from the PC-98 Touhou games; don't think she's in the Windows continuity.

* Face Maker 2-Kalinka looks a bit like Ariga-Roll.

* Whereas FM2-Quint (and by extension Rock) has never gone near a comb in his life.

* I would not want RS-X operating on me, nor would I want to witness him operating on someone. Nurse Proto is about to do the latter.

* Jewel Rider Proto/Blues would be a bit similar to Kale, I'd think, albeit not evil (or a Jewel Rider). Her scarf ending up becoming a sash.

* Hilariously, I already had a design for robo-Virtual Boy, but this one turned out better. Virtual Boy normally has no trouble seeing, but his visor cannot process any colours besides red and black when it's activated.

* For Sheep Cross Roll, I had a sheep herder in mind. That outfit probably looks nothing like a sheep herder's.

* For 3DS, I tried to integrate all four of the handheld's current colours, and gave her visible hair like her big sister DS.

* GBC is a more humanoid (and teal) GB; unlike the other Game Boy 'bots, he has no sight or hearing problems.

* Fairchild Channel F's design isn't a new one; I never got around to finishing or scanning that third page of console 'bots. :/

* Samus's hair was drawn from memory; I think it shows.

Posted on: April 21, 2012, 02:27:57 AM

They would've been actually making out, but that seems to be something I cannot draw properly.

Hey Proto, take your shades off first.

New Age is a member of the Intergalactic Police and occasional associate of Duo's; like any member, he carries out his duties with swiftness and efficiency. Unlike most other members, though, it's not always within his own universe.

The 'bot is an anomaly of time and space--namely, there is only one version of him in the entire multiverse, as opposed to everyone else who has at least two or three counterparts. Perhaps for this reason, New Age can easily hop dimensions (by himself or with company); while he tries to put this this ability to good use, he's a bit bumbling and naive.

While he has the "space" part down well enough, time is another thing--he cannot travel backwards or forwards in it, and the bypass--leaving the dimension and going back in at another point in time--is fairly risky.

New Age hopes to aid the multiverse's various heroes in overcoming their opposition.

* He doesn't actually have an Earth halo; that's just a special effect.

Commission for ~Benji-Blacksky; the ref I was given for his character, Dr. Isaac, was incredibly small, so I hope I got the details right.

Posted on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:28 AM

Sketch commission for ~Benji-Blacksky of his Sonic character (no name given); she was described as a technopath who can roboticize herself at will.

I tried to make her as distinct from Tails as possible (which apparently means "slight Eggman influence"); perhaps she can't actually fly with her tails and they turn into laser cannons instead?

Second sketch commission for ~Benji-Blacksky; this lady's a cross between Sabrina (pre-HGSS) and a black belt. Based her facial features on Cony Francis (Victory Gundam), somewhat.

Drawn mostly to show off Rock and Proto's outfits; Mandi's KiSS doll can be found here: http://www.mmhp.net/TheSeries/KiSS.html

Don't want Roll to gripe at you, Proto? Learn how to use a broom.

Well, I tried, anyway. 'twas following this tutorial: http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/sonicteamstyle/sonic.html

Maybe it's possible to do this in SAI, but I didn't think to try laying down the highlights first before colouring it in Photoshop. :/

Offline MC Jimmy

• Loser who makes MM72 music.
  • Net Navi
  • Pon de Replay?
    • View Profile
    • MC Productions
Reply #2422 on: April 27, 2012, 10:48:19 AM
It'd take too long to write how good each one of your drawings are. Overall I really like your art styles you do.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2423 on: April 27, 2012, 04:43:54 PM
Thanks. :)

I'd say I drew this in very late 2011. 'twas on a small strip of paper that I never got around to filling up entirely.

* RP-continuity Proto's arm is supposed to be badly scarred and burned; that looks a thousand times worse.

* Proto's idea of hitting the town would probably be more along the lines of literally hitting anyone who looks at him funny.

This page got taken over by marens and Gens.

* RS-Rock's ability to handle social interactions would probably depend on how many people would be focused on him; I see him as being very shy when not blowing up Wily-bots.

* Hey, it's Dr. Olivia K. Radius. Diman, Redman, and Beamgirl remained mostly the same; Flat, on the other hand, was completely overhauled. 'twas trying to give them all similar colour schemes.

* Anyone who owns/knows about a lot of MM doujins know who that pink-clad Reploid is? The Ciel Network didn't have any scans from that series beyond the covers.

* "Deathcore" looks like Iris's and Roll's impossible lovechild.

* Rock looks cute in glasses, but they just hurt his eyes.

* Maybe that outfit of game-Proto's would look better with black pants?

* I could've sworn that someone besides Minara's owner (and I) drew her. :/ At any rate, I wonder how the NAdM guys would've worked her into the comic before its untimely cancellation.

* Lots of fan-marens, plus Selph and ~astrima/*iMAGNi's U.V. NiGHTS (i.e. NiGHTS before s/he defected). My old interpretation of Selph (I swear there was an official icon of him floating around at one point) used to be a more regal NiGHTS recolour.

* Thought Chrysalis was someone's fan-pony at first.

* Kaze L'envoul-Majyr (buh?) is my fan-maren, who began life in a dream I had in middle school, then became a NiGHTS retool when I got around to drawing her. She's redesigned now, which kinda bums me out since I was so excited over the fact that she was dream-based. Kaze currently lacks a hat.

* I loved that line in Parody into Dreams (which is no longer online). Now, why hasn't Puffy noticed that NiGHTS is stuck in her bountiful bosom and thus can't properly see anything?

* Uh, Rock, Jackle is not a hat...

* Goatman and Zaia have too drastically divergent goals to get along, I think.

* Whilst drawing Zaia's eyebrow-crest-things, I wondered if they could slide down and were actually visors or something. Probably not.

* All of these Gens (with the exception of Blair/Opal and those other three dorks) are pre-Engelbaum.

* Hey, Amber Salvation's clothed now. Remember when I forgot that I had a ref of his outfit saved?

* Speaking of refs, I couldn't find a large one of Silver Contradiction's outfit until after I'd finished this. Oops. Also, that's not how those metal spheres worked.

* 'twould be nice if I knew what Lilac Torment's pre-Engelbaum deal was...

* I'm not yet sure what to do with Scarlet Compassion; he has a redesign, but not a casual name. Maybe he constantly tempts fate by calling Zathura and Shalia out on their inability to fit into canon (anti-gens don't really exist anymore).

* Mint Honour was entirely fictional, in the sense that she wasn't attached to a real person. She also didn't have a colour scheme, so I have her one.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2424 on: April 27, 2012, 05:59:57 PM
I really like all your felt pen doodles, so many different things to see each and every time. :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.