Reply #950 on: August 01, 2009, 07:21:02 PM
That's some buster he has there.
And no underwear as well?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #951 on: August 01, 2009, 07:49:49 PM
Just a belt. Aw, he wants to be like Protoman. I think that scrap was drawn from memory.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #952 on: August 01, 2009, 07:57:16 PM
And no underwear as well?

He's tastier that way. Especially if there's a bulge. :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #953 on: August 01, 2009, 07:58:48 PM
Oh lawl... XD

"I want to grow up like my big brother!"

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #954 on: August 02, 2009, 05:42:04 AM
"...Not like that!"

Alas, Link can't trap Ganon in Farore's Memory.

I decided to take a shot at how Link would appear on the Oracle of Secrets cover (which, like the CD-i games, only exists in a dimension "eaten by Azathoth"). Not as action-oriented as Ages and Seasons...but it's a goddamn book. I doubt Link is in any hurry to start smacking Octorocks with his only chance of traversing the entirety of Obscura.

...and I forgot to shade his face...It's late. >.>

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #955 on: August 02, 2009, 08:02:34 AM
Still, really cool-looking Link there.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #956 on: August 02, 2009, 10:02:50 AM
I never play Legend of Zelda, but that's a cool drawing of Link there!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #957 on: August 02, 2009, 10:13:24 AM
Link looks pissed that we've interrupted his reading time.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #958 on: August 02, 2009, 10:19:26 PM
*LINK TRAPS RPM IN THE BOOK OF KORIDAI

I always wanted to make one of those Oracle circles.

FAKE MANUAL EXPOSITION TIME

Link stared into the horizon of the sea, paying no mind to the chatter of his companions. Farore, a well-known Hylian author, had requested that he, Impa, and a visitor to Hyrule named Megaman accompany her on her trip. They were headed for Obscura, a country located due west of Hyrule.

There was no dock, so Farore and her crew had to wade through the tide. As they left the beach, they realized that there were no roads either, leaving them little choice but to walk through the forest.

"I don't see how this place is 'inspiring'," Megaman said as they came to a clearing. Farore simply laughed and said that they hadn't reached the best parts of Obscura yet, but something about the way she said it was...off.

Almost immediately after this exchange, a cloaked figure emerged from the bushes. He greeted them politely, then added, "We don't get many visitors. Are you from Hyrule?" Link and Farore nodded, then pointed out that Megaman was not a Hylian.

The figure fell silent, keeping his gaze locked on Farore and the book she held to her chest. Without warning, he flung off his cloak, revealing a horrible stone mask and black robes bearing the mark of the Gerudo. "Oracle of Secrets!" he roared, brandishing two swords. "Neither you nor your entourage will live to oppose me!"

As Farore dodged the man's swords, Link drew his own and tried to land a hit. Splitting his attention between the Oracle and Link proved too difficult; reaching into his robes, he withdrew a Gale Seed and threw it at Link. Farore grabbed Link and pulled him away, but it wasn't quickly enough to dodge the seed; they were literally blown out of the clearing, leaving Megaman and Impa to contend with their attacker on their own...

This man was King Zant, the ruler of Obscura for almost twenty years. Why he wanted the Oracle dead is for Link to find out.

The pic itself took about two days--by the time I'd finished the previous pic, it was too late to start this. Colouring took about three hours, and ended up looking nowhere near as authentic as I'd hoped--but given what I had to work with (PS Elements as opposed to regular PS), I can say I'm proud of it.

Those two symbols represent the incantations Link has to use to break down Zant's barriers and rearrangement of the landscape--they were what Farore went to Obscura to complete.

I could make that game in Zelda Classic, but I'm not about to pull a Superjustinbros and get all excited about something I'm not good at (programming). >.>

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #959 on: August 02, 2009, 10:20:44 PM
LoL, I love seeing Rock in that picture, which by the way, is totally awesome!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #960 on: August 02, 2009, 10:24:15 PM
By the programming, that can easily be pulled off in some RPG maker. :/

But having an oracle killed is one of the best ideas though, as ganon only wanted to drain them from thier abilities (last time since I played Oracles, and read the LoZ manga adaption of the oracales).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline keiang

• Deeply Disturbed
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Keiang's Youtube
Reply #961 on: August 03, 2009, 01:59:09 PM
Well, technically Twinrova was behind the Oracles stuff, and it was to cause people to be miserable and sad and such. They tried to revive Ganon, only couldn't sacrifice Zelda, so they sacrificed themselves and brought back a mindless raging Ganon. Or to put it more simply, Ganon with a speach impediment who wasn't smart enough to walk up stairs and escape.

SIDE NOTE: Oracle of Seasons Manga Onox is a pedobear.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #962 on: August 03, 2009, 10:17:23 PM
SIDE NOTE: Oracle of Seasons Manga Onox is a pedobear.

Fixed. (And I never noticed. :/ )

Very random idea. (And I didn't bother to ink or shade it, I know. I'm horrible.)

As for why God is a giant tentacled Eldritch Abomination--it's a very mobile form. And I thought it'd be different. (So please, no flaming in the name of the Lord. It's all in good humour.)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #963 on: August 03, 2009, 10:32:11 PM
So that's what he does when not bestowing "Bad Luck" on people. Great work as always~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #964 on: August 03, 2009, 10:49:32 PM
I thought it was the Yellow Devil.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #965 on: August 04, 2009, 12:49:45 AM
God ain't the Yellow Devil until He starts flinging parts of Himself at others. XD *suddenly imagines that, with God yelling "IT'S RAINING MEEEEE!"*

Proto has no concept of it. He just stayed away from the other RMs because he didn't like 'em.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #966 on: August 04, 2009, 04:25:05 AM
Delicious!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #967 on: August 04, 2009, 04:59:27 AM
I had a feeling you'd say something along those lines. :)

Muse time, because this isn't really fit for a new topic (too personal) or a dA journal:

For the longest time, I've been wondering why so many fans of Classic Mega treat the cartoon as if it's Azathoth about to devour the game canon. The two are so obviously different; it felt like purist whining/confusion to me. Now that I've thought about it, though, maybe I'M the one who's confused.

Flash back to 2000 or so. My first exposure to Sonic the Hedgehog (real exposure, not just seeing his visage in a store sign) was the near-universally loathed Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. I watched it and soon became a fan of the character and his friends and enemies. A while later, I got the Sonic 3 and Knuckles pack for PC. The setting was different from the cartoon, but I was cool with that.

What confused me was Robotnik. In AoStH, he had a very distinct design and personality, one I had grown used to. In the game...he had that same hover-vehicle (more or less), but he looked different. I didn't get it, but I fought him anyway.

Come middle school, I finally have access to this strange thing called "the Internet". There's actually MANY Robotniks (and Sonics and Tails), each for a different facet of the Sonic mythos. As I read about each facet, I learn that they're all split off from the main source (the games) and have many unique aspects (such as SatAM's crapsack world, AoStH's lunacy, SU's slight less crapsack world, etc.). I'm perfectly cool with, and interested by, this.

TL;DR: I grew up believing that if there's a third-party production of something that deviates from the source material, it is a canon unto itself.

So far, so good. After Sonic and DBZ (timeline headaches for the win), I enter the Megaman fandom. Turns out there's lots of third-party stuff for it, too. I find out more about the cartoon--and apparently, almost no one likes it. I did, and infuriatingly, most of the complaints can be traced back to "It doesn't follow the canon of the games."

"What the hell", I think. "The cartoon, while based on the Classic games, clearly isn't part of their canon and should not be taken as such. What's the big deal about it not following the canon?"

Now that I've thought about it, maybe it's because I'm used to third-party deviance, while the ones that complain about RS-MM in that manner aren't (or simply don't like it; I can't say). Either way, petty purist whining is [tornado fang]ing annoying.

Offline keiang

• Deeply Disturbed
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Keiang's Youtube
Reply #968 on: August 04, 2009, 05:01:53 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Sorry, just can't believe I screwed that up. Well, I can, just felt like venting. And the manga has a few examples. Like him saying she was an "added benefit" (paraphrasing, can't remeber exact words). Then he stared at her in the most awkward page of a manga I've read in a while. Well, other than the one with the chicken saying it was in love with Link and wanting to be reincarnated as a girl.

On another note, being purely purist is a bad thing. I personally don't like it because they made Rush talk like Scooby Doo, turned Eddie into some weird... thing (not saying he was normal before), changed Mega into some weird 17 year old musclebound nerd ("Sizzling Circuts!"? Realistically more like "Oh shi-"), and aged up Roll simply to give her breasts. And an all powerful vacuum cleaner.

But in another sense its fun in an odd sort of way.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #969 on: August 04, 2009, 05:02:41 AM
For the record, I wholeheartedly LOVE the Super Fighting Robot MM cartoon.   8)

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #970 on: August 04, 2009, 05:17:53 AM
I never heard of Megaman until the PlayStation era. (All MM games that sold in my territory were Rockman)
And thanks to the internet that showed me the existence of MM cartoon.

I watched it, and have no problem with that.
It's funny and entertaining. (I have to say, the theme song is a dope. Super Fighting Robot MEGAMAN! lolz)

So, just sit back and enjoy.

Also, about Robotnik and Eggman. Some ppl take this too seriously.
He's just the same person but ppl acting like "OH NOES!! Eggman sucks, Robotnik rules PINGAS!!111".
What the fuzz is all about?

When I talk to my friend, I call him Eggman as what he should be called.
But when I talk to ppl on English-spoken community, I call him Robotnik.
And I'm still sane.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #971 on: August 04, 2009, 05:21:27 AM
The Ruby Spears cartoon was great. Screw the haters. I mean, it had its moments of absolute mind ripping retardation (Wily's cave man virus?) but for the most part, it was great

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #972 on: August 04, 2009, 05:24:10 AM
Hell, if I didn't have to be professional at this stage in my life, and I could go back to having silly phone messages, my Cell Phone message would be sung/yelled to the Super Fighting Robot opening song.

LEAVE A MESSAGE RIGHT NOW........GREG'S NOT HERE!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #973 on: August 05, 2009, 12:57:36 AM
:)

Image dump:

[spoiler]
Drawn a while ago, on the same page as those Zelda sketches.

Every time I see someone gender-bender the Mario Bros., they've been turned into hentai bait. That's no good. /sonic

THIS IS A REAL GAME.

...SORT OF.

[link]

Why is the fat cat so hard to draw? Even as a kid, I couldn't draw him. He's made out of basic shapes; why can't I make him on-model? D:

Sort of a prototype for my "Dance Lesson" pic.

"You know, Ulala, your friends really aren't that groovy..."

Last of the slightly older sketches. Ulala's outfit was made on the dress-up game on Newgrounds (far as I know, it's the only one), while the Light Bros.' were made up.

Proto wants his scarf back.
[/spoiler]

I've been playing too much Oracle of Seasons/Link's Awakening. In a fit of Zelda-mania, I drew a bunch of different Links, some new, some old.

Gates of the Realm: A boy living in a town without women, Link, becomes friends with Prince Zellos (yes...) after fleeing it with several other boys. While life in the Castle town is fine, Link is suspicious about a man who wanders around it, muttering something about a gate. One day, he enters the Castle only to find that the prince is missing... (Time frame: before ALttP)

Reigns of Sorrow: Two children wash up on Hyrule shores; one of them is given to Luigi to raise. This child, Link IX, seemingly has no large part in the grand scheme of things--yet soon enough, he, his friends, and his guardian are pulled into incident after incident that indicate that this is not the case. And there's the question of where he and the other child, Zelda XI, came from... (Time frame: 2016-2021)

Extensions of the Mad King: Reports of a powerful wizard making Hylians his mind-controlled slaves have become more and more frequent, but Prince Zellos laughs them off as a simple man gaining followers for a religion. So does, Link, a young country girl--until people from a nearby town begin bearing the characteristic markings of the wizard's control. Fearful of her own kin falling victim, she runs away to warn the prince, only to be informed that he's left for America on political matters. Link is about to return home when she sees Zellos about to leave and gets a good look at him... (Time frame: AU)

True Fist of the Herd (dream-based title; don't ask me what it actually means. I don't know): No names inspire more hatred throughout Hyrule than Ganondorf, King of Thieves; he and his merry men have stolen from every temple and dungeon in the land, save for the ultimate target: Castle Hyrule itself. One of his men, Link, even has a bag that will store a physically impossible amount of items though space distortion. On their way to the Castle, the thieves are "greeted" by a hulking giant with alien bodily markings. Link's attempt to damage it fails, and he is subsequently flung far away, into the ocean. Something prevented his death upon impact with the waters... (Time frame: AU)

Valley of the Flood: Because no one has been strong enough to oppose him, Ganon has been able to more or less conquer Hyrule--at the loss of his inhibitions and reason. One boy has deluded himself into believing that he is the Hero of Time that never appeared, and sets off to find and ultimately slay Ganon. (NOTE: There's already a story written for VotF; google it, and you should find that fake interview) (Time frame: The hoax implies that it's before The Wind Waker, but I'm filing it under AU)

The Holy Planet: This Link is still a Hylian, but his parents moved to France when he was too young to remember. They are followers of a sect/cult called The Holy Planet, and worship a distant planet called Zosime, believed to have ties with the Hylian Triforce. Holy Planet's dream is to visit it, and through the efforts of the head of the sect, it is realized. The journey and landing go well enough, but before long, most of the people (including the sect head and Link's father) are taken away by shadowy, frightening beings. Worse, the Zosimians are very aware that Holy Planet reveres them as gods, and more than a few take advantage of this. Tiring of the chaos and worried about his father and fellow worshipers, Link finds a sword and goes off to locate them. (Time frame: Early 1980s. And I need a better name for the cult)

Zelda's Legend: More or less already written about in "Odds and Ends". (Time frame: After WWII, before Zelda 1)

Bride of Melancholy: The locals are surprised to see Castle Hyrule guards dragging the librarian away, with her assistant trying and failing to stop them. She's actually Princess Zelda, who had run away and taken the job at the library several months prior. While she was fine with Castle life, there was something about the King, whom she had no blood relation to, that put her off. Her assistant, Link, is determined to figure out what's going on, but his lack of combat experience is going to make that tough; the King has ordered him killed on sight.

That last guy was just a throw-in; he's not actually Link, but posing as him to distract [insert evil person here] long enough for the real Link to do...something.

WHY DID THIS TAKE THREE HOURS TO WRITE

* EotMK Link ended up looking like ~Hyliaman's design for femme-Link. Arg. Sorry, man.

* TFotH Link was based on OoT Link; it's actually an old idea of mine, and he used to look exactly like OoT Link, albeit with longer hair.

* I couldn't remember the description for VotF. so "Link" ended up a skinny shrimp instead of the more built "Link". I was more focused on making him look like someone who only thinks he's the Hero of Time.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #974 on: August 05, 2009, 01:25:17 AM
ow my brain.

And now you're making me want to go and play some Oracle of Seasons/Ages.
They should have made an Oracle game for Farore.

they dont think it be like it is but it do