Megaman Charged

Raging-Banebou · 8962

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Merasmus sure loves his cornflakes!
  • Robot Master
  • The Trinity has deemed you... acceptable.
    • View Profile
on: June 10, 2012, 06:42:28 AM
On dA, I'm helping out with some fellas with a fangame called "Megaman Charged". I'm one of the concept artists, character designers and spriters there. Keep in mind that I'll still be working with MagVanisher on his fangame, so if you're reading this, then don't worry, I won't go abandoning your project like some deadbeat.

Right now, the working team there is small and Ecylisis there is learning some coding (and programming, too) while High-Executor19 is busy making his music more Mega Man-like, as said here. http://comments.deviantart.com/4/5651940/2584490141

I'm not kidding, the game is slowly (and I mean slowly, as in "taking baby steps") undergoing development as time is going by. Heck, PageWizard's even giving Ecylisis advice for making the fangame as well, too, such as coding for ladders and whatnot. http://megaman-charged.deviantart.com/

So far, the Robot Masters I've designed are...

- Orbit Man (Confirmed)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

- Zephyr Man (Confirmed)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

- Hammer Man (His design is confirmed)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

- Storm Woman (Design revised by Ecylisis, pic is pretty sketchy as hell, though)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
(My design for Storm Woman: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/151/2/e/megaman_charged_robot_mistress__storm_woman_by_raging_banebou-d51r1k8.png)

- Dual Man (Decided to use Gemini Man's dome-head concept art whilst looking at my Mega Man Official Complete Works book I got off the Internet, design between mine and Punchyrox2000's to be confirmed once we get the design poll for him going)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

- Spout Man (Not confirmed yet as there is another water-themed RM in the works named "Water/Surf/Tidal Man", RM between mine and Punchyrox2000's to be decided on and confirmed once we get the water-themed Robot Master poll for both him and Water/Surf/Tidal going)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Yuno Gasai: Living proof that yanderes are NOT meant to be messed with.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:31:44 PM
It looks kind of childish to be honest... how long have you been drawing?

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 05:30:12 PM
I've been drawing since I was around 3, then began improving as I got older. When I first joined DeviantArt, I ended up letting my ego getting out of control to the point where I would become butthurt if somebody were to troll me or simply try to give me some criticism. Eventually, I decided to improve on my stuff after the whole template fiasco and started doing hand-drawn art (and custom-made sprites instead of just recolors). Little by little, I've been improving on my stuff lately.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 11:36:18 AM
It looks kind of childish to be honest... how long have you been drawing?
I've been thinking this since you posted in MagVanisher's thread. The head is just so big compared to the rest of the body, and it bugs me if this is plans for Mega Man art. I mean, at the very least try to get proportions down.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:23:48 PM
Thanks for the constructive criticism, Mirby. Now, if it's alright with you, I'd like to lay my cards down on the table.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 08:22:01 PM
Are you drawing with a tablet or a mouse? Either way, I would encourage you to draw with the good old pencil and paper, since it is much more easier to draw that way, and after that just scan and add colors.

And if your pencil stuff look as bad as your digital drawings (sorry, but they DO look childish) then I would encourage you to stop drawing this Megaman stuff and start studying a bit of anatomy, there are a lot of these stuff around the internet if you're not willing to buy a book. That is if you're serious about improving your skills.

EDIT: Just saw that Storm Woman sketch... yeah, study some anatomy, that's the only way to get convincing proportions.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 08:29:36 PM
Erm, KoiDrake? I didn't make that Storm Woman sketch. Ecylisis made that sketch. Sorry I forgot to tell you earlier.

But, yeah, thanks to the constructive criticism. I will admit my anatomy for my art isn't exactly good, but at least it's better than using templates.

Oh, and as much as I like the idea of using the classic pencil and paper, I'm afraid I don't have a scanner yet...though I do plan on getting one someday. In fact, I kinda like the idea of using that method someday. Plus, I'm drawing with a mouse (which tends to act up and get all stubborn with me sometimes when I'm drawing, so I'm just gonna use the mouse for sprites), though like I said before, I'd really like to try the good old pencil and paper method, complete with a scanner.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:38:14 PM
Oh, I see. Well, either way, if you ever start practising with your drawing, I would suggest you do that with the pencil, drawing with a mouse is really lame and unnatural, especially when you're trying to make linearts with those.

And since we are on that subject, what program are you using to draw? This kind of stuff (and with a mouse) would be easier with a vector illustration program like Illustrator or even Photoshop.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 08:42:03 PM
Simple. I'm using Autodesk SketchBook Express 2011, since it came with my tablet.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 08:53:48 PM
So you have a tablet but you draw with your mouse? Why?

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 09:05:05 PM
Actually, I have been using my tablet for some of my pics on dA (including one which was basically a pic I did with just my tablet, which I admit does look a bit derp-ish), though they don't come out nearly as good as the pics I make with my mouse (which is a bit better, though to be honest, not so good as the classic pencil and paper method of art). Yes, using a tablet for art can be rather tricky sometimes, especially when the circles I make with my tablet tend to end up looking like blobs most of the time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 09:09:20 PM
Actually, I have been using my tablet for some of my pics on dA (including one which was basically a pic I did with just my tablet, which I admit does look a bit derp-ish), though they don't come out nearly as good as the pics I make with my mouse (which is a bit better, though to be honest, not so good as the classic pencil and paper method of art). Yes, using a tablet for art can be rather tricky sometimes, especially when the circles I make with my tablet tend to end up looking like blobs most of the time.
Have you tried making the circle out of a bunch of small short lines and forming it slowly? Patience is a major part of any art, and it sounds like when you're making the line art you try making it in one take, which is never a good idea.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:08 PM
Small short lines and forming it slowly, huh?

...You know, I haven't really thought of that. Thanks for the advice, Mirby.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 09:20:45 PM
Well, if nothing else, you've endeared yourself to me with your positive attitude. Hope you still enjoy drawing despite our harshness!

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:11 PM
Oh, don't worry, I'll still enjoy drawing. In fact, I'm considering taking an art school to learn about anatomy, drawing figures and all that other junk. I even made a journal about it on DeviantArt just recently today, too.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 10:26:46 PM
Say, about Dual Man... You should use Kikaider, or Kamen Rider Double as inspiration.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 11:07:16 PM
Hmm...

Kamen Rider Double and Kikaider, huh?

Not a bad idea! Besides, Dual Man's design I did for him would fit better for a hologram-themed boss, to be quite honest.