IQ-0 · 4635

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
on: April 21, 2012, 06:44:44 AM
Racoon a Mario, a P-Wing, and hopefully French a Mario return in this a game. Look out for New Super Mario Bros 2 this August.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175936

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 07:10:11 AM
With all the annoying multiplayer features like floating bubbles and characters screwing up your gameplay by allowing you to bump into them all the time. Oh joy!

please let this not be the case again.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:31:43 PM
So I guess somebody looked back and realized there actually WASN'T any non-flight version of the raccoon tail. 8D

New sidescrolling Mario on my 3DS, can't really not love it.  I'm just looking forward to seeing what new power-ups come about, and I'm REALLY hoping that they give Yoshi some better props (although that's probably wishful thinking).

With all the annoying multiplayer features like floating bubbles and characters screwing up your gameplay by allowing you to bump into them all the time. Oh joy!

please let this not be the case again.
It amazes me when gamers cannot find options in the menu.  Especially the one labelled "Single Player".

Those of us who are actually interested in multiplayer usually appreciate some level of interaction.

And seriously, bubbles?  Bubbles appear for one of two reasons: 1. You died.  2. You manually activated it.  In other words, stop sucking.  It was actually a brilliant mechanic for those of us who have friends/family/wives who aren't the best platform gamers, as it allows us to play together in any level despite the skill gap.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:14:59 PM
characters screwing up your gameplay by allowing you to bump into them all the time.

Agreeably, It would've been nice to allow us to move behind/around other players instead of accidentally knocking them off a small platform. It's also annoying when you're trying to jump over to the next platform and you both happen to jump over at the same time and your jump fails because you knocked into each other.

I would like to see more playable characters this time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:58:18 PM
Those of us who are actually interested in multiplayer usually appreciate some level of interaction.

And seriously, bubbles?  Bubbles appear for one of two reasons: 1. You died.  2. You manually activated it.  In other words, stop sucking.  It was actually a brilliant mechanic for those of us who have friends/family/wives who aren't the best platform gamers, as it allows us to play together in any level despite the skill gap.

Seriously, the ability to [tornado fang] over my friends while playing the game was what made New Super Mario Bros. Wii my favorite game of that year!!  8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 09:02:15 PM
Seriously, the ability to [tornado fang] over my friends while playing the game was what made New Super Mario Bros. Wii my favorite game of that year!!  8D

I was playing that with a couple of friends. One of them knocks myself and the other player into the lava at the start. We used the rest of that stage to kill him as much as possible.

So yeah, I agree with this. XD

also huzzah for p-bar :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:33:03 PM
Not to pop your bubble, but it is talking about the sequel to the DS game. The new one is for the 3DS...

Although what PB said, the ability to f*** your friends over in multiplayer is what made the game popular years ago.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 01:06:30 AM
I would like to see more playable characters this time.

Because really, two toads? I thought it would've been like Super Mario 64 DS with more character choices (I.E. Wario, Playable Yoshi, and of course good 'ol Red n' Green) than a pair of color-coded toads.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 03:14:14 AM
Okay, another NSMB.

Can we get one without the stupid "Bah-Bah" crap in the soundtrack?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 03:31:36 AM
Because really, two toads? I thought it would've been like Super Mario 64 DS with more character choices (I.E. Wario, Playable Yoshi, and of course good 'ol Red n' Green) than a pair of color-coded toads.
Very, VERY much agreed.  I'm still trying to figure out why Daisy wasn't at Peach's birthday party.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 06:43:26 AM
Very, VERY much agreed.  I'm still trying to figure out why Daisy wasn't at Peach's birthday party.

She does have a life outside of the Mushroom Kingdom, you know!  8D

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 11:18:36 PM

You could argue that they were trying to go with the style of the classic Nintendo series.

On the other hand, one was fine, having two was unnecessary. I'm sure they can pick someone else to be a fourth character this time around.

I want Wart as a secret world boss.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 06:19:56 AM
It amazes me when gamers cannot find options in the menu.  Especially the one labelled "Single Player".

Well obviously, Single Player is the first mode an average person plays initially. Have to get used to the game after all. Come on Hyper, I have common sense.

annoying when you're trying to jump over to the next platform and you both happen to jump over at the same time and your jump fails because you knocked into each other.

And in my case, it was usually over a pit or some hazard that screwed up my gameplay. I mean, why not have the characters go through each other? That would have removed much of the annoyance for me.

My frustration partly comes from me not enjoying the game much as a whole; it was okay. I enjoyed 3D Land much more, and pretty much any other Mario platformer. My brother and I are both video game veterans, and we agreed that the multiplayer needed work.

Well see, this is probably what differentiates my playing habits from you (and Hyper) regarding this game. I'm all for fooling around with friends during co-op play, but that just didn't sit well with me when playing NSMB. I see it as poor game development.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 04:00:47 AM
See, if we were talking about Mega Man, I'd agree with you.  The difference is that Mario is less about enemies and more about environments, so a character who does not affect your movement doesn't really contribute anything to your gameplay experience.  You and your friends can make NSMBWii as cooperative or competitive as you want, and the interaction encourages you to acknowledge and coordinate with your friends rather than proceed oblivious to them.  You read them, you help them, and yes, you even screw them over, gauging for yourself where that line is between friendly pranking and sheer dickery.

My oldest brother calls it "divorce mode", but I expect little from a man who refused to play 2-player SMB3 because he didn't want to share Toad houses.  Ultimately, I see people who complain about bumping as people who don't want to be troubled by other human beings, and they really should be playing single-player.  Or an online game where you bear no accountability for how you treat others.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 06:27:59 PM
Toad House's are meant to be swiped as soon as you get the chance! Everything in SMB3 is! XD