Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
holy [tornado fang] that's awesome

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure we (in the United states) are not going to get this game.  It might be a turn-based strategy RPG with a semi-unique fighting system, but super crossovers like this often don't make the jump across the pond, or even get released in the UK.  <i>Namco x Capcom</i>, anyone?  Or how about <i>DreamMix TV World Fighters</i>, the little <i>Smash Bros.</i> clone with Hudson, Konami, and Takara characters?

Still, it'd be so cool to see this come state-side...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
I have both those games you mentioned, I feel bad for you guys not having them. x.x

Even Egoraptor has Dream Mix TV World Fighters (1, 2), it's so much fun beating things up and collect hearts to win.

I'm getting my Project X Zone for the 3DS shipped next month~ :cookie:

Either you have to import a Japanese console or wait for the "flashy card" stuff to appear.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
http://www.rockmancorner.com/2012/09/iris-confirmed-for-project-x-zone.html

The first flashy card on the market is [tornado fang]ing bought.

In the meantime, I'll probably get the cartridge anyway just so I can settle my conscience and stare at the awesomeness.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Well, with how X4 the MMX part of the game looks, I'm not surprised at all she's in the game. I totally expect Zero to go "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!" at some point of the game too.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Gentlemen.

Time has no meaning in this world.  x_x

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Think of it as a re-imagining of the story in the games they came from.

Similar to the meeting between Juno, Trigger and Roll in Namco x Capcom.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
And then suddenly, VAVA.

Also, Heihachi as a young older man vs. Jin Kazama.  x:

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Also, Heihachi as a young older man Jin Kazama.  x:

Well, that's more of a thing they're doing only because his original VA died, and not having anybody else do old!Heihachi is their way of paying their respect to him.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I checked the TMMN comments for this story, and two comments caught my attention right away:

a) One guy claims that Iris's presence ruins the game for him a bit; his reasoning is that she was "traitorous" because she apparently knew that Repliforce was bad news, yet she tried to prevent Zero from stopping them, and then fought Zero directly after Colonel bit it. The guy also didn't like her "world where only Reploids exist", and claims that Zero should've seen her for "what she truly was".

I still have a hard time believing that Iris didn't kinda-hate/legitimately want to kill Zero after the whole "you killed my brother" thing, but even I can give her some slack. :/

Thankfully, nobody's agreeing with this guy.

b) This other guy insisted that Iris was human.

@[Someone who pointed out that Iris was actually a Reploid]

Nah man. That’s why she couldn’t be revived like any other reploid, like X in part 6. That’s why she needed that space robot suit to fight Zero. Remember that the suit exploded, but she didn’t? Recall that she gets all scratched up in the intro stage and when she dies in Zero’s arms?

It’s because she’s human. Zero was in love with a human.

I’d go as far to say that she chose to have a reploid as a brother. Why? I dunno. That’s the big mystery. A lot of information is lost in translation for these international games. But she was human for sure. The whole story is about humans and reploids coexisting. That is why Zero’s love story is tragic… because they cannot coexist.

Someone called troll, the guy wondered why it angered people since "it's only the truth".

Now, "fanon cited as canon" is one of the easiest ways to invoke my nerdy wrath, and you'd think I'd flip out on this guy--especially after he brushed off evidence that directly contradicted his theory ("take what Capcom says with a grain of salt"/"none of that happens in X4's X-path"--but it's kinda hard to muster up ALL my rage when this is the first time I've seen anyone claim that Iris was human.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA

Someone called troll, the guy wondered why it angered people since "it's only the truth".

Now, "fanon cited as canon" is one of the easiest ways to invoke my nerdy wrath, and you'd think I'd flip out on this guy--especially after he brushed off evidence that directly contradicted his theory ("take what Capcom says with a grain of salt"/"none of that happens in X4's X-path"--but it's kinda hard to muster up ALL my rage when this is the first time I've seen anyone claim that Iris was human.

I dunno, this dude might be on to something...I mean, if our society is steadfast on creating the ultimate taboo in robot girlfriends, I'm totally sure Reploid society would have their own taboo human girlfriends. So let's say she really died and Zero was all distraught and never interested in Layer or other females, so X and Axl and Dr. Cain got together and through the wonders of human cloning and advanced genetics, created for him a new human girlfriend that looked and sounded just like Iris. C'mon, when you're watching someone else's bird/dog/cat that "accidentally" passes on, who hasn't gotten a similar replica to fool the owner, am I right? Happens all the time. And that totally clears up what the TMMN commenter failed to explain, as to how a human could come back to life. So when X acts all coy and goes "You're that girl from the Repliforce incident," we all know he's just playing along to keep Zero's mental health in check.

But I'm really surprised people aren't jumping on the "Figment of his Imagination" theory. I mean, in the bottom image, Zero's eyes are totally closed. He's definitely just dreaming her up. That's why in the top image, X is all shocked, like he doesn't know who Zero is talking to, but is playing along for the hell of it anyhow. "Zero, I don't see...oh,...yeah...that girl from the Repliforce incident. She's looking...well."

I would move on to the Dr. Doppler secret dopplerganger capsule theory, the Double chose a chick from the past instead of a tubby guy cover for his next gig, or the Sigma body possession scenario, but we all know those are the most ludicrous theories yet... 8D

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
in regards to all that

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
So Iris is Zero's rival since X has Vile?

Aw yeah

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I checked the TMMN comments for this story, and two comments caught my attention right away:

a) One guy claims that Iris's presence ruins the game for him a bit; his reasoning is that she was "traitorous" because she apparently knew that Repliforce was bad news, yet she tried to prevent Zero from stopping them, and then fought Zero directly after Colonel bit it. The guy also didn't like her "world where only Reploids exist", and claims that Zero should've seen her for "what she truly was".

I still have a hard time believing that Iris didn't kinda-hate/legitimately want to kill Zero after the whole "you killed my brother" thing, but even I can give her some slack. :/

Thankfully, nobody's agreeing with this guy.

Actually, he makes an interesting observation about a clearly troubled, arguably near-sighted character. Iris is likable because she's tender, emotional, and has a relationship with Zero, but I've yet to see anyone examine her actions and motivations like this beyond "don't kill my brother". Her infatuation with a world populated only by a superior race also brings up serious implications about her world view and how she deals with problems.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBG5A9ZPpH0[/youtube]

fap

X and Zero are at 2:35

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Actually, he makes an interesting observation about a clearly troubled, arguably near-sighted character. Iris is likable because she's tender, emotional, and has a relationship with Zero, but I've yet to see anyone examine her actions and motivations like this beyond "don't kill my brother". Her infatuation with a world populated only by a superior race also brings up serious implications about her world view and how she deals with problems.
Well, that's because "don't kill my brother" really WAS the center of why Iris was in X4.  I mean, I love her, but I have a hard time saying that X4 utilized her well.  She basically existed for the full and sole purpose of giving Zero a valid reason to not be a complete hardass throughout his entire story.  They used her to that end immediately and only bothered to establish her character after the point through flashbacks and prequels.  I guess we ought to be thankful they did that at all, though; more often the fans are left to only their own speculation with such characters.

So far as the world just for Reploids goes, I don't think Iris would have employed herself with the Hunters if she sincerely believed that.  When facing an excessively large level of grief it is natural that your views on life are shaken (WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOR?!!).  Iris, from her point of view, simply wanted the fighting to stop.  It was all based in the tension between humans and Reploids, and a world where only Reploids exist was a perfect escape.  But as she told Zero, no matter how much she wanted to believe it, she knows deep down that life doesn't work that way.

Unfortunately, the front and center piece for Iris, as far as character analysis goes, is her at her weakest.  Over-analyzing that risks distorting the character.  She was faced with tragedy, she tried to run away, and she died for it.  It's tricky business making sense of every piece of dialogue in that scenario; you could speculate for ages about what if anything she was trying to accomplish.  But knowing what that orb is, and why Colonel and Iris have the relationship that they do (all stuff that X4 in itself doesn't bother to tell you), the fact that she used the thing at all says that she valued her brother's memory over her own life.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page

fap

Can someone make a gif of the X and Zero segment? Would be useful. :)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

fap

HAHAHAHAHA!! Did they seriously have Zero using the X4/5/6 dash-saber exploit??? Legendary.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Hmmm.... reminds me of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume in the moving and attacking, though I didn't catch how the cross attacks were actually done.

Classic trolling line, "why does it bother you so much if it isn't true" would also have worked. But who knows, maybe he was being sincere on the internet...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElcZIEIzATA[/youtube]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
It's no Brave New World, but it seems catchy enough.

Man...need to get my hands on this thing.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada is pushing to get Project X Zone localized.

A localization hasn't been confirmed yet, obviously, but it's nice to know that it's got a chance.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Iris will make PXZ "a bit more tragic".

From what I can tell, she survived her fight with Zero in this continuity. That, or she's just a ghost.

I really hope they don't just kill her off again, but chances are, she's not gonna last long.