Jericho · 45418

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:40 AM
US RPM, PUT ON CARTOON NETWORK RIGHT [tornado fang]ing NOW

THEY JUST HAD THE BROKEN PROMISE BUMP AND DBZ AND GUNDAM WING AND I AM 12 YEARS OLD RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH 8) 8)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:29:55 AM
I was looking for April Fools stuff earlier tonight, but I completely forgot about checking out [adult swim]'s antics. Maybe cause they did the same thing for 3 years prior. The Room is fun and all, but come on. I actually caught this stuff on accident. I flip the channel the wrong way and I see Cell and Gohan in a Kamehameha struggle. I was like "What?" and then I was like "Oh." And then I see the new bumps and TOM and I'm like "OH [parasitic bomb]!"

They're showing Outlaw Star right now. Funny cause I just finished rewatching the series recently. That PG rating is bullshit; it's still the TV version. And the DVDs should be TV-14 at the least. There's boobs in this show occasionally, you know.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:55:53 AM
I was looking for April Fools stuff earlier tonight, but I completely forgot about checking out [adult swim]'s antics. Maybe cause they did the same thing for 3 years prior. The Room is fun and all, but come on. I actually caught this stuff on accident. I flip the channel the wrong way and I see Cell and Gohan in a Kamehameha struggle. I was like "What?" and then I was like "Oh." And then I see the new bumps and TOM and I'm like "OH [parasitic bomb]!"

They're showing Outlaw Star right now. Funny cause I just finished rewatching the series recently. That PG rating is bullshit; it's still the TV version. And the DVDs should be TV-14 at the least. There's boobs in this show occasionally, you know.

Damn, and I got off my Xbox to see what [adult swim] was showing tonight at 2:00 AM and I was like "WHAT?! TOONAMI ON MIDNIGHT?!? AND NOT THAT STUPID-LOOKING TOM (but not the way old one either)?! [tornado fang], HOW DID I MISS THIS?". Funny how they advertise the DVD for Outlaw Star to see the series uncut. Thankfully I have the western time for Cartoon Network with Dish, so I'll stay up to see what I missed at 3:00 AM (hopefully I don't dose off later in the evening).

Least there's always Toonami Aftermath to remind us of the good times of CN...

-EDIT-
Blue Submarine No. 6, too? Now that's "Once-in-a-blue-moon" among animes that Cartoon Network ever aired.

-EDIT 2-
Yep, pixeled the nudity of Tenchi Muyo. I'm guessing the same is gonna happen with Blue No. 6 with Mutio.

-EDIT 3-
And I was right about the censorship with Blue Sub No. 6 too just as it aired on Toonami ages ago.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:21:07 PM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 08:32:00 PM
OH MY [tornado fang]ing GAHHHHHHHRHHHH, I MISSED IT! O:<

Bye, sweet sweet nostalgia....

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 09:32:43 PM
Toonami... how I missed you. :'(
I miss the DBZ opening but I got to see the rest!

A rush of nostalgia hit me... oh how I wish Toonami to come back for good! And I miss Tom 3.0, he has the best appearance of Tom ever! Never really understood the Tom 4.0 look that reminded me of that train character.

Best April Fool's Day special ever... :'(
This day make the whole year of 2012 special to me.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:32:33 AM
Not sure how many people are Twitter users here, but this is still rather big.

And this is the follow-up.

They've mentioned it a few times in their bumps too.

This one in particular
And this one.
What could this mean? an actual revival on [as] or just a mean joke?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 05:12:38 AM

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 09:02:02 PM
OH GOD YES! MY CHILDHOOD WEEPS FOR JOY.

*ahem* Thank You

Archer

Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 01:47:55 AM
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach
>Bleach
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach

Nice line up.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 01:58:24 AM
FMA, Brotherhood, [chameleon sting]ing FLCL, GiTS and Cowboy Bebop (never watched Bebop or GiTS, but I heard they're amazing). Looks like an awesome lineup to me. Bleach is easily the least interesting thing there, and more FMA is always great.

They could have flooded it with Naruto like the last time Toonami was still broadcasting. Thankfully, they didn't.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 08:40:55 PM
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach
>Bleach
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach
>Something else
>Bleach

Nice line up.

Its just the normal line up with 200% more bleach than before.
Maybe this means they will have 3 new episodes a night as opposed to just one, get the damn thing over with quicker.

FMA, Brotherhood, [chameleon sting]ing FLCL, GiTS and Cowboy Bebop (never watched Bebop or GiTS, but I heard they're amazing). Looks like an awesome lineup to me. Bleach is easily the least interesting thing there, and more FMA is always great.

They could have flooded it with Naruto like the last time Toonami was still broadcasting. Thankfully, they didn't.

We can thank Disney for preventing such a horrible disease.

Posted on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:42 PM
Ah, looking at the internet Schedule, there is only three hours of Toonami (The late hours, naturally), And its just Bleach, FMA:B, and Cowboy Bebop repeated twice. So its probably just a filler schedule.

Link here. Hopefully it isn't so much comedy in the real deal, would be quite a shame for them to [tornado fang] this up.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 12:17:45 AM
Well Toonami also doesn't officially return until the 26th anyways.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 12:33:51 AM
Well Toonami also doesn't officially return until the 26th anyways.
That schedule was for the 26th.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 12:49:01 AM
Well then forget i even said anything.

*jumps into a chasm*

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 02:45:13 AM
Yeah, the schedule they have up on the site is filler.
Williams Street is keeping it secret till the 26th. As they say "Old School TV Style"

No longer true as the people in charge changed that.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:44:11 PM by RMZX Anarchy »

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 04:39:16 AM
Toonami is coming back?! *cries nostalgic girly tears of joy!*

>.> Yes I know. Late to the party, but I'm very excited.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 04:59:03 AM
Maybe this means they will have 3 new episodes a night as opposed to just one, get the damn thing over with quicker.

With that many [tornado fang]ing fillers? yeah. It should speed up the show's production.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 08:42:45 PM
Relevant Tweets involving Toonami straight from the horse's mouth:

Okay guys! About to start the info dump. Regular Twitter friends: I apologize in advance for clogging your feed.

So: New Toonami! First things first. For now, that IS the schedule. I know I said we wouldn't tell you, but the higher ups changed that.

We will not be showing Naruto, DBZ, etc for now. The rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very,very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success...

...to receive more funding for new shows, more Tom animation, etc. I'm thankful for the $$ we've gotten, but it isn't a lot.

Toonami will have to prove itself to get more resources, just like it had to do when we first launched.

TOM: Will be voiced as always by Steve Blum. Who is doing it for love. Just like we are. Tom will be an updated hi-res version of Tom 3.0.

The Absolution will be a slightly different but almost identical version of the one from the Tom 3.0 era as well.

There will be no SARA for now. She costs too much to make. But if we can bring her back, we sure will.

We will try to have some new content each week- game reviews, music videos, content pieces etc. As much as we can afford and make.

Music: Music will come from a number of places: Ghostly, Warp Records, Victory Records, Now Again records, as well as...

...friends of ours like therealelp, flyinglotus, Chris Devoe, Ben Burton, and many others. No, we won't be using JBV.

Peter Cullen will NOT be the voice of the promos. He's busy with Transformers and Eeyore and doesn't do many promos. Love you Peter!

Schedule again: you are all entitled to your opinions, but we feel good about it. And yes, Kim Manning is programming it. Love you Kim!

Lastly, just want to say thank you to all who have supported and brought it back. If you can KEEP supporting us, we will have more $$...

...which means more shows, more Tom footage, Sara, etc. SO THANK YOU. And keep it up!

And one last thing: this is my only Twitter account, and I'm considering going private, so don't take it personal. It's getting too crazy.

That's it for now! I will answer GOOD questions for the rest of today. Fire away if you're not stupid. If you are... shhhhhh

Oh, and schedule was updated, looks like we're getting Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 11:04:14 PM
^Cool to know!

I never seen or heard Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland so this will be interesting to see. I bet that Bleach and FMA:B will still be around that time, seeing as they're big name animes... hopefully a few others as well.

Definitely going to show the New Toonami when it comes out! I'm supporting this guys from bringing it back! T_T

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 11:19:38 PM
^Cool to know!

I never seen or heard Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland so this will be interesting to see. I bet that Bleach and FMA:B will still be around that time, seeing as they're big name animes... hopefully a few others as well.

Definitely going to show the New Toonami when it comes out! I'm supporting this guys from bringing it back! T_T

They've stated that Bleach and FMA:B will be the only Adult Swim Action Programs left intact (At the moment.)
Anywho, those of us in the US with Cable should tune-in, regardless if you don't care about Toonami, what it needs now is fan support.
Fan support will get us new shows, new bumps, more TOM, etc.

I'm personally intrested in seeing Casshern, though I will give Deadman Wonderland a look.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 11:49:22 PM
Wow they're bringing Casshern, I've always wanted to see that anime, Deadman Wonderland, however sounds really really gruesome from what I've read. I don't know what to think about that and it could be nightmare inducing since it's late at night, not sure I want to watch that.  I hope this succeeds because I've missed Toonami and honestly except for Durarara, which I believe is over, Adult Swim became boring with the reruns and Bleach.  I like FLCL and Cowboy Bebop but it's nice to see some new things now.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Archer

Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 07:28:19 AM
Deadman Wonderland
what it needs now is fan support.

They'll get my support when they actually put on something good (not that I live in the US anyway.)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 03:55:23 PM
Casshern Sins huh? Neat.

I wish the new Toonami well.

Now if only I had Cable...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 06:51:35 PM
I'm personally intrested in seeing Casshern, though I will give Deadman Wonderland a look.

Casshern Sins is [tornado fang]ing amazing. Deadman Wonderland is fairly interesting at the beginning, but falls completely flat at the ending. Easily one of the worst conclusions I've seen in an anime IMO. It begs for a second season to clear up everything, a lot of things are left unexplained.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 07:54:09 PM
They'll get my support when they actually put on something good (not that I live in the US anyway.)

Yeah, I've heard DW is pretty bad, but i'll give it a try, if just out of curiosity.