Mega Man Starbound - Galaxy's Champion

Yoku Man · 188277

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #450 on: July 22, 2012, 07:29:00 PM
Slash Man is going to be a pain to piece together.  I'll still do what I can. 

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #451 on: July 26, 2012, 05:32:58 PM

I worked feverishly, around the big round clock to get this done.  Yoku Man, Slash Man is done that I know of.  I also did color swaps on Mega Mans current armors, to correspond to the animal counter part.  I also made another, Duo head, top row, far left.  It is my favorite one so far.

hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #452 on: August 19, 2012, 08:40:55 PM

The things I have had time to do, so far.  I don't know how much of this new stuff could be used.  But eh, one say to find out.

Different designs for the 8 Alienoids with color scheme ideas.

Also, brief descriptions on two basic enemies.

hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

Offline MC Jimmy

• Loser who makes MM72 music.
  • Net Navi
  • Pon de Replay?
    • View Profile
    • MC Productions
Reply #453 on: August 21, 2012, 09:00:54 PM
Very sexy looking boss sprites. I like that Mega Man cutscene? sprite work too. Also I agree Yokuman, whiting out the faces seems to be the best route.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #454 on: August 21, 2012, 09:09:34 PM
That tile Met is pretty awesome.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #455 on: August 22, 2012, 05:36:22 AM
How about some votes!?

Top or Bottom row?

Colors, either pick a favorite, or if you have a better color scheme?  Be honest.

Votes will help with character development.

hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #456 on: August 22, 2012, 06:24:39 AM
Can I pick one character to vote in? If so, I would like to select the top row of Orion, bottom row of Lupus, and the top row of Sirius.

As for the color scheme of the selected bosses, I would like to select the 3rd Color for Orion, 2nd Color for Lupus, and the 3rd Color for Sirius.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #457 on: August 22, 2012, 06:44:22 AM
That tile met could actually be very well used as a gimmick in Yoku Man's stage. Sort of like if you walk on a long platform floor, and you don't expect anything until suddenly, a Met pops up from the floor, surprising the player. I can see it happening. XD
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:44:51 PM by N-Mario »

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #458 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:08 PM
Say, I would like to pitch an enemy idea for the Articus stage. How about a Met-like enemy where it chases Rockman and gains speed. Once it reaches max speed, it closes its helmet and slides to the floor until it stops.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #459 on: August 22, 2012, 10:06:02 PM
How about this, cast a vote on each character, top or bottom row.  Then cast a vote for the color scheme for the character.  Unless you may have a better scheme.  I'm open for suggestions.

Some votes wouldn't hurt for Duo either.  Which Head looks best?  It will help our friend, YokuMan to make a more concrete decision.  So he won't have to make the decision all by himself.

hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Merasmus sure loves his cornflakes!
  • Robot Master
  • The Trinity has deemed you... acceptable.
    • View Profile
Reply #460 on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:37 PM
If it's alright with you, could I pick one character to vote in? If "yes", then I would like to pick the top row of Deneb. As for the colour scheme of Deneb, I would like to pick the 2nd colour for Deneb.

Yuno Gasai: Living proof that yanderes are NOT meant to be messed with.

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #461 on: September 08, 2012, 07:06:47 PM
Incase there are any fans who don't frequest the Mega Man Unlimited Thread but still come here to get updates to my projects... I'd like to announce my new Yoku Man page on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yoku-Man/373187912752365

I created the page about a month ago and I just recently added some photo folders there showing off all the concept art and screenies for "Mega Man World" and "Mega Man Starbound - Galaxy's Champion". I made sure to pay homage to my many contributors, including Yllisos, Koidrake and Cherrykorock.

If any of you folks have Facebook accounts, be sure to like and subscribe to the Yoku Man page, as I'll be updating things on there as well as here.

Offline Rezzoplis

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #462 on: September 12, 2012, 05:31:43 PM
If it's alright with you, could I pick one character to vote in? If "yes", then I would like to pick the top row of Deneb. As for the colour scheme of Deneb, I would like to pick the 2nd colour for Deneb.
So we meet again, Birdork, or more accuratley Ignorant VUX. Go back to Beta Lyuten I. [sonic slicer].
Sure, go terrorize my Forum. http://w11.zetaboards.com/NeoRezzland_Forums/index/

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #463 on: September 15, 2012, 06:01:15 PM
So we meet again, Birdork, or more accuratley Ignorant VUX. Go back to Beta Lyuten I. [sonic slicer].
Sure, go terrorize my Forum. http://w11.zetaboards.com/NeoRezzland_Forums/index/

Awww... Is somebody butthurt~?  bVd

Also, you're saying that I'm ignorant? Well, if I'm "ignorant" like you said, then why don't you go look in the mirror? I mean, you're TheHacks from dA with a boatload of sockpuppet accounts (which you lie about 24/7, BTW), half-baked edits, recolored sprites and shitty artwork.

All I can say is...hypocrisy much?

Oh, and to the other folks on RockmanPM, yes, I've done recolors and the like in the past, so sue me. But, hey, at least I've stopped with recolors and started doing custom-made sprites nowadays. Sure, I may not be the next Keiji Inafune (art-wise, that is), but at least it's better than doing crappy recolors and crappy sprite edits as well.

Oh, and Yoku Man? About making a Facebook page for "Mega Man World" and "Mega Man Starbound - Galaxy's Champion", that's actually a great idea to get people to help with both projects. Even I like the idea myself, too. :)

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #464 on: September 15, 2012, 10:32:42 PM
Let me just say... we all started with recolors.

We.  All.  Started with recolors.

Or in my case, poorly-drawn half-edits of existing sprites.  Heh heh.

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #465 on: September 15, 2012, 11:58:45 PM
Don't worry, Joey (you don't mind if I call you "Joey", do you, Joseph Collins?), you're forgiven. Hell, even I did my fair share of half-edits/recolors.

Anyways, now with that aside, can I suggest something for Sirius's stage music-wise in "Mega Man Starbound - Galaxy's Champion"?

Why not have his theme have some intense rock elements, like this song for instance?
[youtube]Ep8CqTFzF6c[/youtube]

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #466 on: September 16, 2012, 12:01:24 AM
Hey, I know vanished off the face of the earth but i'm still interested in helping if you need/want any more art. =]

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #467 on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:33 PM
I thought I should update the thread and let you folks know this project is far from dead. I have some developments coming soon in the new year. Had alot of rl issues block any progress on my level designs and ideas. I became an uncle recently and new job prospects on the horizons...

But I swear to you. Starbound is too cool to just let die. The MM World is too awesome an engine to leave unfinished. I want all the fans to be able to use it and make their own fangames in future. I'll be updating my Yoku Man Page on Facebook in the new year with some Plot ideas and Notes on the Project as a whole and then I'll be treated NMario to a new level for MMWorld soon after... Yep GB Yoku Man's Stage.

Fwooop! I'll be continuing to update the other MM Unlimited Thread too, theres some significant progress being made in Phil's game and I would hazard a guess that its coming sometime in January or February, at the rate its going. Watch this space.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #468 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:46 PM
Thank you for putting us at ease, Yoku Man.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #469 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:29 PM
Yeah!  We were... so... worried about it...?  *shifty eyes*

But seriously, good luck.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #470 on: December 20, 2012, 03:39:52 PM
I hope the engine is finished so that someone can use it to create GB Rockman/Megaman games.

We'll be waiting for it that is polished and customizable with ease!

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #471 on: December 20, 2012, 07:26:01 PM
Thats the main motivation. There are larger things at stake here. Its not your typical approach to a fangame. I'm not making Starbound from scratch, building the engine as I go. I'm making the engine with NMario all by itself first. The amount of fans this could please with its polished and accurate gameboy physics, plus the ease of customization will make it a very user friendly fangame engine.

Except for the Met Factory and Yoku Man stage, everything else in Mega Man World will be old content, previously used levels and graphics. Which will make the development process go alot easier. No need to make much original content.

Here's my last development video I did back on my Yoku Man Facebook Page. It shows how much of the engine has been constructed thus far. Its pretty much workable. You can select stages, walk through to the very end of a level and vist another.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=379010665503423

The inclusion of The Met Factory stage and eventually the Dr Wily Gimmick stage will complete a large chunk of the game as a whole. At least the beginning, middle and end of the template game: 4 Robot Master stages, a midway stage and then the Wily Stage. Sort of like the original "Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge" formula.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #472 on: December 21, 2012, 04:53:57 AM
I'm very glad to hear that this isn't dead!! When I get some time I definitely want to help with art as much as I can. I know you're obviously busy with your other projects and such but this is a game I'm really looking forward to. =] I've been impressed by everything I've seen so far and can't wait to see more.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #473 on: December 25, 2012, 10:08:52 PM
Glad this is still on. Almost forgot about it

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #474 on: December 26, 2012, 07:40:32 AM
Except for the fact that I've been working on my MUGEN creations since I stopped working on this game engine. You can blame my loss of motivation and inspiration. Capcom was no help at all with their discontinuing Legends 3 and Universe. :P

If Starsims/Yoku Man can deliver more content for the game, maybe we'll have something.