What are your opinions on Massimo, Marino, and Cinnamon?

Sigma Zero X · 2717

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
I didn't see much Command Mission related theads, so I decided to do this thread.  That being said, what are your opinions about Massimo, Marino, and Cinnamon character-wise and gameplay-wise?

Normally, I'd input my opinions in the first post like I did in other Megaman forums when I made threads similar to this one, but I'll let other posters post opinions first this time.

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:44:24 PM
Interesting at the very least. But not nearly fleshed out enough.

Sadly they hardly got any spotlight after the chapters you recruited them in. A shame, really. The dev team could have done so much more with them.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:36:58 PM
Character-wise, they could've used more fleshing out.

Game-play wise, Massimo and Marino are both good choices for fighters. Cinnamon can be too, but I honestly just used her for extra healing purposes.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:27 PM

Massimo is cool, and Marino is sexylicious~ :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mike Arcade

• Lives in Obscurity
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mike Arcade's youtube page
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:15:41 PM

Ditto :3

I would love to play as CM's cast in a traditional X game though, Cinnamon and Marino especially!  owo <3

You know rather then fight for everlasting peace, I usually fight because blowing stuff up is fun.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:20:42 PM

>/w/<

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 10:45:54 PM

Yeah, pretty much this. Especially regarding Marino... :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 12:35:27 AM
Ditto :3

I would love to play as CM's cast in a traditional X game though, Cinnamon and Marino especially!  owo <3
Rockman Online is probably the closest we'll get, at least in Cinnamon's case.  I have to admit, that alone had my curiosity piqued.

Interesting at the very least. But not nearly fleshed out enough.

Sadly they hardly got any spotlight after the chapters you recruited them in. A shame, really. The dev team could have done so much more with them.
This.  Most definitely this.  I want to learn more about this characters and yet the game gives you little to nothing after Chapter 4.

Gameplay-wise, Massimo was the toughest for me to use; he takes high elemental damage and his attacks aren't really THAT powerful.  Marino's great so long as you pack Hawkeye for the aerial guys.  And Cinnamon is just adorably dangerous once you get those Kitty Gloves (awesome for Weapon Energy support, as well).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 08:06:48 AM
I really like these guys and would love to see them get built up some more. The way Command Mission just like dropped them after the Redips finale was just terrible. Maybe they could gain some prominence/status within the confines of the traditional X games (or in a wild scenario, as new biometals for the ZX generation). They could all bring a different kind of gameplay to the table as well if done right. Alternatively, let them be the second guard/set of hunters that hangs in an RPG line of X games or "Command Missions."

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:13:50 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.  Here are my feelings for each character:

Massimo:

- I like his reploid manliness
- Very lethal when his ATs level up, especially with Shock Lance B, Interceptor, and Beast Lancer equipped
- Elemental weaknesses, slow speed, and only 2 FM slots hamper his abilities
- Decent Hyper
- Great in almost every other department

Marino:

- I love her for being a hot female ninja reploid inside and out
- Low health, and defense numbers are fair at best
- Health and defense issues can be fixed with her decent FM erosion resistance and slot amount (LE+ 1000 works real well on her)
- Very versatile weapon selection (muti-hit combat attacks is her specialty, Vengeful Needles suck IMO)
- Very versatile AT (I use "I'll Take That!" and "Mirage Dive" the most)
- Potentially Broken Quicksilver Hyper Mode, especially with Cutting Edge equipped and a few Build Hypers used on her (I use at least 2 for Marino)

Cinnamon:

- I like her as a cute girl with a smooth attitude and a will to fight when necessary
- Initially weak at first because of low level and initial weapon selections fair at best
- True powers shown when her level is equal to the other characters and when at level 30
- Great FM slots, FM erosion resistance, elemental resistance, defense numbers and AT make her a dependable character
- Iron Maiden really helps Cinnamon and her allies a lot
- 0 Effector can give a huge FU to Depth Dragoon and his boost happy moves
- Kitty Gloves is lethal with decent damage output and no weight restrictions, 'nuff said

The reason why I made this thread is because most of the Command Mission videos on YouTube from other users that I watch usually involves X, Zero, and Axl.  I also did not like that Massimo, Marino, and Cinnamon were completely disregarded for the ending.  I am real happy and appreciate that Massimo, Marino, and Cinnamon are getting a lot of love and respect from this Megaman fan site. 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission