IQ-0 · 17997

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 05:03:17 AM
Updated Ringman again and added an animated version.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 01:56:58 PM
I actually like the pink spikes. They went well with the blue and purple dynamic going on. As they are now, they don't pop out enough, losing their selective highlighting. Before, they looked noticeable and important, drawing attention to themselves as a danger point.

The rainbow flashing beams look a bit out of place in my opinion. They seem too contrasted and pure compared to the rest. Perhaps single colored frames, giving a more simplistic look? At the least, a different way to shade in the gradients that looks more old school and better fits the smaller thinner size.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 08:49:25 PM
For the rainbow platforms, I was also thinking of single colors, with darker shade of the same color. Except here, they would rotate single colors instead of how they rotated multiple colors in the NES game.

Posted on: March 22, 2012, 02:29:23 PM

I didn't realize this until now. But why are some of your stages go way over the limit of color index when i decrease them 256 colors? At the most they should be only 16 colors. Even the NES colors don't have more than that if memory serves.

Your Air Man Stage goes over 40 colors of index.
Your Top Man Stage goes over 50 colors of index.
Your Wood Man stage goes over 120 colors of index.

Those are some of the stages I listed. There's probably more stages here with too many colors. Any idea why this is?
The original GB maps only started with 4 colors for a reference.

Anyway I did my own color version of Air Man's GB stage. It is much closer to the one appearing on the video of MM Anniversary Collection for GBA. :)

http://gcnmario.free.fr/airman-mm2gb.png
The eyes on the small red demon looking things on the glass floor tiles were intentionally left like that. It's like that in the video as well, for some reason.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 06:49:39 AM
I didn't really care out colors and limits when I started this. I was just doing it (and still am) for artistic fun.

I think the excessive colors came into play because I did the entire map in it's normal size (except Topman and Enker) then expanded it to 2x. When I did that, extra shades for pixels came in. Topman and Enker I started expanded first but obviously I was doing twice the work on them without knowing it. I'll fix the Ringman stage when I get the chance. Been taking a break for a little bit.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 02:59:30 AM
Any plans on doing Shadow Man stage? If not, than I am probably going to try my hand at it.

Me and Starsims decided that I should replace Top Man with a robot master from MMIII GB (where top man GB was from MMII) so there will be a robot master to represent each GB title in my game. I think I may go with Shadow Man. Though there are pics of Snake Man's GB stage in color from the MM Mania screen pack somewhere if memory serves if you want to try that instead. Up to you. ;)

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 05:27:50 AM
I plan to do both eventually. Snakeman I saw the screenshot, Shadow I can use NES reference. MMV GB I have great ideas for colors thanks to that Starman game. I forgot what color remake was called.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 06:51:58 AM
There is always something that kept bugging me about your ElecMan stage that I managed to fix in the game. Check this out.

And this is the fix I made in the game.

I think the shade style you tried to make for the spike pit area was a bit off.

Oh yea I took out the blowing fans in my map because they are actually gimmick objects in the game (like the enemies). They are not part of the stage itself.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 07:20:04 AM
That's good, I'll probably end up taking them out in my map too. I'll get to doing Shadowman stage again when I can but I want your opinion for Snakeman's stage. Should I or should I not take out the part where the snake section goes up and down in a snakey form?

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 08:02:27 AM
That's good, I'll probably end up taking them out in my map too. I'll get to doing Shadowman stage again when I can but I want your opinion for Snakeman's stage. Should I or should I not take out the part where the snake section goes up and down in a snakey form?

Well, you can have 2 versions. 1st version being without the huge snake, and 2nd one having the huge snakes. That goes to saying showing its head part of the section. Of course you do not have to animate the wavy like floor, just have them there for being 'there'. ;)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 01:38:36 PM
1st version being without the huge snake

Beating the huge snake and it explodes, the poor thing. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 11:08:30 AM
Shadowman MM3 GB WIP posted. I decided to finish all the background lava sections first since that was the easiest to take care off. Since this follows the NES for reference, it'll follow the same exact palette as much as possible so no extra colors here and I won't do that "match the Wily logo/gate color with the weapon you get color" this time.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 06:38:12 PM
Looking good so far. When you're finished, I might try animating the areas, and then import it. :)

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 02:09:04 AM
While coming up for a tileset for our Wily Stage in the Engine. I thought I might as well make the map that the tileset was originally for. This is using the other range of colours that Enker's stage had in MM10.

Dr Wily's Space Station from MM1: Dr Wily's Revenge.

Your welcome to add this to your list.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 06:57:00 AM
While coming up for a tileset for our Wily Stage in the Engine. I thought I might as well make the map that the tileset was originally for. This is using the other range of colours that Enker's stage had in MM10.

Dr Wily's Space Station from MM1: Dr Wily's Revenge.

Your welcome to add this to your list.

Ah, that's not bad. Like the colors. :)
Though if I were to use it in the game, I would have to change the boss area to something else. Just to make the game bit more interesting instead of a complete remake. ;)

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 01:47:13 PM
Ah, that's not bad. Like the colors. :)
Though if I were to use it in the game, I would have to change the boss area to something else. Just to make the game bit more interesting instead of a complete remake. ;)

No need. I won't be using this map for your engine. I just made this for IQ-0, seeing as I was making the tileset.

I'll be designing a totally different level with this tileset, however. It'll be the one we planned with all the other gimmicks that all the other GB Mega Man levels have that we couldn't feature in the first 4 levels. That way the engine will be complete with every type of coding circumstance available, incase someone ever wanted to recreate some of the other levels or perhaps recreate one of the original games in its entirety!

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 11:10:24 AM
very good Yokuman. I'll add that to the first post.

Posted on: April 06, 2012, 22:10:31
Finished  Shadowman and added an animated version

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 10:30:21 PM
Ah it looks nice. :)

Yea the color could definitely be improved on, to make it look more GBA Mega Man Mania-ish. Like what I did with Air Man's stage. But I think I can work on that much. :)
(BTW you can add my air man stage color revision if you want, or like to. If not, then that's ok)

BTW, I was looking back at some old GBA shots, and saw one of Elec Mans stages.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/920888-mega-man-anniversary-collection/images/gs_screen-9
I'm pretty sure its Elec Man's stage from the tile set on the left. Is this pic what you used to make a guess for the color scheme you used? The pipe floor looks a bit greener on your work than the color used here.

In any case, I can probably do any of the fixes in the game. It shouldn't be too hard to work on. ;)

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 12:16:52 AM
The green I thought up myself because of the color electric green. I didn't know if would've been green too as I didn't know about the screenshots at the time the map was built.  The refined Airman,I'll add next time I access my server.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 08:50:18 PM
For the record, this is how Shadow Man's stage BG is animated in the GB game.

Not sure how the lava flowing down tiles are working like that. It must be a tile error in the game. It's more noticeable if you advance 1 frame forward with it.  But it is every frame I saw with the VBA .avi recording tool. Though this really should only be about 18 correct frames, instead of the 24 I see here.

In the insides of the floors, there is a little more detail in the dark liquid rather than only color cycling. ;)

Posted on: April 09, 2012, 03:17:15 PM

I hope you didn't mind me fixing up your colored shadow man stage. :)

http://gcnmario.free.fr/shadowmanmm3gb.png

I noticed there were a couple of mistakes on some parts of the stage from your end. They aren't really noticeable unless you really look closely at it.
I also changed a bit of the colors so that they aren't too bright. I'm kind of trying to go away from the NES color scheme, and trying something that could be a bit closer to MM Mania.
At the beginning of the stage, I changed some of the under shades of the ceiling walls to the color of lava. Considering that in the original B&W version, they are lighter than the outlines of the stage anyway. I thought it might make the lava stand out more. ;)

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #44 on: May 12, 2012, 08:41:12 PM
After a long layoff, I'm back and I finished up Iceman's stage. I still have yet to do the GBA version where the white columns are actually green and the ice is orange.

I also replace Shadowman's stage with N-Mario's. The animated version is still unchanged for now.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 08:29:40 AM
Okay here's Ring Man's stage.

- This one is my version, with the hippos added back in the way I wanted.
http://gcnmario.free.fr/ringman-mm4gb.png

- This one is Yoku Man's (Starsims) idea of where the second hippo should be placed. It's more like how the NES one goes, where the second hippo is just right after the ring mini-boss.
http://gcnmario.free.fr/ringman-mm4gb_hippos.png

- Going with his idea, this version actually just replaces the room below, instead of adding on to it.
http://gcnmario.free.fr/ringman-mm4gb-hippos.png

- Here's the original GB version. Colored by me, with no hippos.

http://gcnmario.free.fr/ringman-mm4gb_nohippos.png

If you're wondering about the doors being off the map, that's just to show the texture behind the doors of the rooms. :)

UPDATE: When disabling the BG layer in the GB emulator, the floor bar gimmicks suggest that they have a dark outline on the outside. So I have updated my colored maps to show this. :)

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 06:55:41 PM
I regret the say that the project will be going on hiatus a little longer. The money I need to pay to renew my host has to go on getting a new starter for my car which inconveniently decided to take a [parasitic bomb] on me of all days.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 01:24:19 AM
Seems like everyone is wanting to color the gameboy stages these days heh..

Just this morning on the japanese rockman remodelling dicussion thread on 2ch, a person named "ririka" just posted these 3 screenshots of himself/herself coloring a couple random gameboy screens too...

Take a look:

http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameurawaza/1307808908/564-565
The screenshots are within these 2 posts.
And has plans to make his/her own mega mania project too...

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 01:28:55 AM
The maps are back up, same bat link, same bat channel.

Posted on: August 22, 2012, 09:18:36
After a long hiatus. I'm back at this and I've updated with Cutman. The color is based off the screenshot I saw of Megaman vs Cutman.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 05:05:39 AM
After a long hiatus. I'm back at this and I've updated with Cutman. The color is based off the screenshot I saw of Megaman vs Cutman.

And it's been almost a year since this original topic post. Hey, one year anniversary post. :)