If you had to pick 2 triforce pieces, with a gap of time between each...

Align · 5376

Poll

What would you choose?

Power, then wisdom
0 (0%)
Power, then courage
0 (0%)
Courage, then power
0 (0%)
Courage, then wisdom
3 (25%)
Wisdom, then power
5 (41.7%)
Wisdom, then courage
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Recently read a story where people got to make 2 (not 3) wishes, and they would be granted one first, then two years later the other, and was thinking about all sorts of wishes, so had this idea. It wasn't actually about the triforce pieces, just what they represented, but I figured I'd get the comparison out of the way immediately...

These would be beyond what any human has, so if you're thinking "oh i'll get courage then power because i'm pretty clever already", think again!

They're left intentionally vague, but let's assume it's a benevolent genie granting them, so as to not get distracted by "but if i wish for power, will that result in being struck down by lightning because it contains electrical power?!"...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Well in my life, it was wisdom first (the wisdom not to do stupid things) and then courage (the courage to be myself). So yeah... it would be that order.

I'm a pacifist, so I don't need power.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
It doesn't have to be physical power; consider that with wisdom you'd know all there is that you could do, but be too powerless for any of it. Sort of depressing, really.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
But I have the courage to stand up for myself, do what needs to be done, regardless of however much power I lack, or what kinds I don't have.

I also have the wisdom to not do stupid things.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
True. But you'll be incapable of doing what needs to be done, for lack of power.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
POWER.

I would [acid burst] on the second one. JUST POWER.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
True. But you'll be incapable of doing what needs to be done, for lack of power.

Not necessarily. You'd be amazed what can be done by the powerless.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Courage, wisdom.

Right now, I could stand to have some courage (the courage to do things on my own), and wisdom is always nice.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Couragefags all jelly of my new dream house.

Wisdomhoes all wanna get inside mah crystals.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Not necessarily. You'd be amazed what can be done by the powerless.
By definition, practically nothing other than thought and speculation?

Posted on: 2011-10-02, 21:26:56

Couragefags all jelly of my new dream house.
*powerhouse

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
By definition, practically nothing other than thought and speculation?

Well, if we were going strictly by definition here, then no matter what you chose you'd be screwed. If you lacked courage, you wouldn't be able to even move for fear of something. If you lacked wisdom, you'd be a complete moron and probably die the first time you set foot outside.

I interpreted the question a little loosely; as demonstrated above, if you're too confining with the definition there's no room for maneuvering.

Also, if you were to take the Zelda analogy into account, then the fact that each of the Triforce bearers only has one piece means that Ganon is a scared little moron, Zelda is fearful and weak, and Link is moronic and lacks even the strength to get out of his bed.

I think sticking to the definition isn't wise in this situation. But that's just me.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Check mah powersteed. He got some wicked dreadlocks and a tail so straight you'd think he gels it every day. So pimp, you don't even know. Infinite carrot nitrous too, and stereo in the back for dose Hyrule Field remixes, boooooooi.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well, if we were going strictly by definition here, then no matter what you chose you'd be screwed. If you lacked courage, you wouldn't be able to even move for fear of something. If you lacked wisdom, you'd be a complete moron and probably die the first time you set foot outside.

I interpreted the question a little loosely; as demonstrated above, if you're too confining with the definition there's no room for maneuvering.

Also, if you were to take the Zelda analogy into account, then the fact that each of the Triforce bearers only has one piece means that Ganon is a scared little moron, Zelda is fearful and weak, and Link is moronic and lacks even the strength to get out of his bed.

I think sticking to the definition isn't wise in this situation. But that's just me.
Yeah, I don't think any of us would count as outright powerless, so it's not really a response to your choice at this point.
But I do think we'd lack the power to realize any particularly clever ideas some crazy amounts of wisdom would give us.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
But we'd have the courage to try, even if we knew it was doomed to failure.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Whether that's a good or bad thing...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Only time will tell which of those it is...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Wisdom, then Courage.

With Wisdom I wouldn't make foolish choices in my life, and chances are I would also make smarter jokes.
With Courage I would finally be able to kick this issue I have with social interaction, and to try things that I've either never tried before or had a high chance of failing.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
That WOULD be two years of knowing what you could do and not daring to, mind... or having the power for it, natch.