Mega Man Archie Comics

Psycho Yuffie · 94724

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: May 05, 2015, 06:46:51 PM
So..Mr. X is an actual person in the Archie comics...and he has his own mooks. I am intrigued to see where this is going.

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: June 17, 2015, 11:38:58 AM

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:00 AM
Hopefully it's only a hiatus. Still a major bummer, though.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #303 on: June 19, 2015, 04:08:15 AM
Yeah, I was POSITIVELY LOVING the Mega Man comic, and it was the only thing I was still subscribed to anymore since I never really got "into" the post-reboot Sonic.  I sure as heck hope it's temporary, but, well, Mega Man fans can't help but expect the worst when things fall silent.

So..Mr. X is an actual person in the Archie comics...and he has his own mooks. I am intrigued to see where this is going.
I took his conversation with Wily as an extremely heavy implication that Mr. X is an older Xander Payne, and of course I naturally assumed Wily would at some point overthrow him during or prior to the events of MM6.  It's an interesting take, if a bit transparent.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: June 20, 2015, 06:57:49 AM
Hey Guys, let archie know how you feel.

megaman@archiecomics.com

send em a message

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: July 15, 2015, 09:45:31 PM
http://comicsalliance.com/sonic-mega-man-worlds-unite-part-seven-recap-interview-sdcc/

CA: We touched briefly about Mega Man going on hiatus, can you elaborate a little bit more for what that means for the characters in regards to “Worlds Unite,” and if there’s any update on a potential “light at the end of the tunnel” for the future of this series?

VL: Towards the end of “Worlds Unite,” Mega Man is pretty much picking up where he left off from his last adventure. We are building up to something, and you’re definitely going to see the stage set. As for Mega Man #55, we’re going in a little bit of a different direction. I don’t want to give anything away just yet, as it’s kind of super secret right now.

As far as what we’re doing with that series, we’re still planning things out. We might be able to do a little bit more than what we had been doing.

I have no idea what that means.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: August 08, 2015, 05:29:53 AM
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2015/08/mega-man-55-final-covers-solicitations.html

It seems that all 5 "main timeline" series will be visited in Mega Man #55.  And I just realized, that a lot of 5's.

It seems they're taking the Aile/Grey route as far as ZX's protagonists go.  I have no objections. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: August 08, 2015, 06:02:38 AM
Aile? AILE!? *clicks link and sees cover art*
... Aile~ 0v0

*checks Kinokuniya Singapore, issue #9 out in Sept 2015*
... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF O:<

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: August 08, 2015, 11:24:57 AM
Are you sure that isn't the ninth paperback collection?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: August 08, 2015, 01:57:45 PM

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: August 08, 2015, 02:20:56 PM
Yeah, that's the ninth paperback collection.  Trust me, the regular comics aren't 104 pages.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: August 08, 2015, 02:42:58 PM
Then it makes it all the more difficult for me to find out if #55 is out! D:

I NEED AILE :W

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: August 08, 2015, 03:21:03 PM
Nov 18 like it says in the solicit, so look for a comics store and put interest in?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: August 08, 2015, 03:44:47 PM
Those are hard to find... Kino is usually my best bet ._.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:10 AM
Well, Worlds Unite concluded.  It was...really anti-climactic.

[spoiler]Xander opens up a time portal to right before Sigma escapes X's world, and shoots the Sigma Virus.  ......don't know where to begin with that.

I knew this was coming, but Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man being the ones to take Sigma's final form (not that it matters in the end) leaves X and Zero awkwardly sidelined.  I was hoping Archie could come up with some way to soften the blow, but no such luck.  The whole "Chaos Emeralds change our dreams into power" angle only makes X's benching even more awkward; you'd think that between Rock and X, the one who can impossibly wield a ki attack would have been the proper candidate.

I know Archie isn't known for accurate covers, but I thought Alia and Signas would be in the story SOMEWHERE.  Never happened.

On the up side, Sticks was fun.

So when all is said and done, the whole crossover was erased from history, but Rock and Wily retain vague memories this time, along with Sonic and Eggman.  Sticks remembers it all, but nobody believes her.  X and co. are once again shafted, X has no memory of the crossover and is just left bewildered at the Sigma Virus being shot.

Lasting impacts are that Eggman decided not to invade Lost Hex, and Wily knows who Mr. X is.[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: September 03, 2015, 09:37:12 PM
"Chaos Emeralds change our dreams into power"

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: December 19, 2015, 12:44:35 AM
Well, I got MM#55 in my mailbox today, along with a letter from Archie confirming that it is, "the last issue of this series."  Any remaining Mega Man issues due in subscriptions are getting transferred to Sonic Universe (unless you contact Archie to request a different comic).

I believe the previews dropped this info already, but the issue is essentially Dr. Light experiencing a series of visions, so you can basically call this Rock of Ages 2.  It's triggered by his working on the Time Skimmer.  Each game/series/event is given a full page art piece.

[spoiler=Summary]We start with MM4, then jump to a Quint/Killers/Wily Tower page, then 5, then Stardroids, then the expected 6, 7, 8, 8.5, 9, and 10.  Of particular note is that Light does recognize his own robots in the MM9 page, but does not appear to be aware of their expiration dates.  Tango appears on the MM10 page for some reason, on Blues's shoulder.

Next page confirms the Time Skimmer is THAT Time Skimmer.  Wily shakes hands with his future self, Mega Man is turned into Quint.  It seems Archie subscribes to the notion that Rock can't escape that little predestined paradox.  Two small panels at the bottom of this page show the creations of X and Zero (Zero's face is hidden by Wily's shadow, but the booblights are plain as day).

Nothing on Rockman Shadow.

Next up is a page for the X series.  The design choices are, interestingly, the inverse of Zero's Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom ending, in that X, Zero, and Axl are sporting X8 designs, but Alia is not.  Page also features Cain, Sigma (X5 version), Iris, Colonel, Signas, Douglas, Lifesaver, Layer, and Palette.

No Command Mission.  D'OH!

Next up is another series-gap page, and this one is all Elf Wars.  X and Zero, along with Axl and a Cyber Elf Dr. Light, are battling against Omega and a couple of Golems.  Dark Elf and the "middle aged" Weil (unused design from MMZOCW) are seen in the distance.

Next is the expected MMZ montage.  Zero, Ciel, the Resistance, Neige, Craft, the Big Four, and both X's.  Weil and Omega do not re-appear.

ZX page features the Sage Trinity, Prometheus, Pandora, Giro, Prairie, 8 Biometal fragments (Model O and the Core version of Model W are both absent) and all four protagonists in Hu/Re form.  Despite this, Vent and Aile (pre-Advent designs, if you're wondering) are sporting the X Buster and ZX Saber.

Legends page, Volnutt, Roll, Barrel, Data, and Bonnes.  This one was in the previews also, but if you missed it, Tron is piloting an open-cockpit version of the L2 hover-Gustaff.

When Light comes to, he does momentarily ask himself the age-old joke-question of whether or not he's doomed humanity, but he quickly dismisses it, resolving that while there will always be adversity and people who abuse his work, there will also always be hope, and a Mega Man to protect the people.[/spoiler]

In the back of the comic is two letters from editors, a generous portion of fanart, and a full page "Short Circuits" strip which features an insanely large abundance of Mega Men (including but not limited to four different "bad box art" variants).

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: December 19, 2015, 03:14:20 AM
AILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :W

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: December 26, 2015, 01:21:39 AM
Giving Elf Wars Zero an XCM-style design (with red eyes?!) was definitely an odd choice when everyone else looks much more RMZ. Besides, isn't the Original Zero supposed to be inside Omega as is?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: December 26, 2015, 07:09:09 AM
Not just his eyes, but the pink saber also.  Somebody botched the coloring there.

Zero's hands/forearms are actually very MMZ-ish, but yeah, his design doesn't stray too far from X-series otherwise.  And he really stands out in that he's the only one of the three who still has shoulder pads.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: January 05, 2016, 09:48:00 PM
They also botched Omega's design and forgot Phantom's scarf...

I am still sad it ended tho :<

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: January 10, 2016, 08:18:00 PM
Indeed.  Archie's comics have been a big part of what kept being a Mega Man fan fun again for the last couple of years.  I mean, Capcom's gotten MUCH better with the re-releases, but they still haven't put out anything that's actually new.  Basically, if you wanted new Mega Man stuff, you read the comic.

I also maintain that Mega Man is/was Archie's BEST action comic ever since Sonic got rebooted for legal reasons, but that's another rant for another thread.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: January 10, 2016, 08:47:23 PM
I mean, Capcom's gotten MUCH better with the re-releases

Hypershell, wake up! You're having another one of your dreams again!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: January 11, 2016, 12:32:29 AM
Misadventures and Legends1 on PSN is real......I think.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: January 11, 2016, 03:13:58 AM
That's something they should have done a LONG time ago. It's nothing special.

We're still left with lazy trash like Legacy Collection.